Let cool completely on the baking sheets. 1/2 cup tahini (sesame paste) 1/4 cup oil, from the top of the sesame paste or extra-virgin olive oil Browse 595 hummus and pita stock photos and images available, or search for hummus and pita chips or hummus and pita bread to find more great stock photos and pictures. *If you're using fresh garlic, I suggest starting with 1 clove and working your way up from there. I doubled the recipe, added 50% more garlic, and added about a 4″ piece of celery, but other than that I followed the recipe as is. And one of my favorite snacks ever involves these crispy chips with dukkah and olive oil. Get in touch. Subscribe for the latest updates on new recipes, and get started with our family's Top 25 Recipe eBook! See more ideas about Hummus, Food processor recipes, Cooking light. This is one of my favorite dips to make when entertaining. Process until smooth and creamy, adding some water to make it the consistency of dip. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spoon the hummus into a bowl and drizzle with additional olive oil, a sprinkle of lemon pepper, and a couple additional chickpeas if desired. What is tahini? Drizzle with olive oil and toss to evenly coat the pita pieces. Serve with the hummus! These recipes are my go-to, and I hope you enjoy them! This homemade hummus is is super easy to make, smooth, creamy and perfect for any occasion. In fact, crunchy, flavorful pita chips are often considered the classic carrier for creamy and rich hummus spreads. No need to rush out and buy any special equipment for smooth hummus. Everything bagel seasoning is a combination of flavours commonly used on bagels including sesame seeds, poppy seeds, onion, garlic and salt. Hummus and Pita Chips are the perfect healthy alternative to corn chips and salsa or the even naughtier potato chips and dip. at. Spoon the hummus into a bowl, decorate with a teaspoon or two of olive oil and a small pinch of smoked paprika. Just kidding. Cause bacon is hot stuff around our house. will change the nutritional information in any recipe. , Just made this for lunch later! Yet another recipe that bets the best recipe I’ve found for the same thing. 1 tsp garlic, minced (optional) generous pinch of salt. This is a classic hummus recipe that is sure to please everyone! Kashi Hummus Crisps, for example, contain 27 crisps per 120-calorie serving, compared to just 15 potato chips for each 160-calorie serving and seven (!) Cut pitas into small triangles. Easy Festive Hummus Bowl with Pita Chips Through this post, I am sharing my way of making the most perfect hummus and baked pita chips! Something about the fat from the tahini paste and lemon juice. 14 Ways To Eat Hummus, Besides Slathering It On Pita Chips. Easy Festive Hummus Bowl with Pita Chips *A 14oz can drained of its liquid contains 8 oz (240 g) of chickpeas, I’d LOVE it if you could take a second to rate this recipe and leave a comment below. Instructions. I adore hummus too. Cut each pita half into 8 wedges; arrange wedges in a single layer on baking sheets. Add the second 1/2 of the chickpeas, olive oil, and chick pea liquid. Continue to blend. Deliciously creamy restaurant style hummus with homemade whole wheat pita chips. This is a super quick and easy appetizer/snack for the holidays (or any time! When it comes to satisfying my inner mindless snack addict, I love pita chips and hummus as much as the next hipster in denial, but sometimes the store-bought version can be pricey and laden with sodium. About 4-5 days, I wouldn’t let it sit any longer than that. Isn’t that easy? Do I have to peel the chickpeas (garbanzo beans)? My family loves them! If you are a hummus lover, you absolutely must try it made with truffle oil. Stacey’s Pita Chips (Simply Naked) By using some pre-made items, this hummus bowl recipe will save you time on prepping appetizers for your Holiday get together. Pita Chips. The hummus (also sometimes referred to as hummus dip) tastes fabulous with the pita chips, which are light and crispy and mildly seasoned with garlic salt and dried herbs. Lauren Hazelwood Step 6. Factors such as brands purchased, natural variations in fresh ingredients, etc. We produce our delicious hummus and pita chips in the beautiful city of San Diego, California and we distribute them nationwide. 14 Ways To Eat Hummus, Besides Slathering It On Pita Chips. By Isadora Baum and Nikhita Mahtani. tortilla chips for each 140-calorie serving. And I was all like, “but I’m a member! Not. ); hummus with everything bagel seasoning ! The ingredients have to be added in batches to ensure that creaminess is achieved. That’s why they look so dark. Almost any dip or spread can be added to pita bread, however, from bean dips to vegetable relishes. Place the chips onto a sheet of paper towel to remove any excess oil. And one of my favorite snacks ever involves these crispy chips … A brush works best, but you can also drizzle the oil over the pita bread. Sprinkle one pan with salt and one pan evenly with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Here’s a great roundup of bread recipes to try in your hummus, including naan. Check out all of our flavors! Peel the skin off one at a time (using your thumb and first two fingers), and add beans to food processor. Sometimes you just want a good classic hummus and something tasty to dip in it other than baby carrots. Any who! The lady at the counter looked at me and said it didn’t start until Friday. So today I’m sharing my favorite ultra-smooth and creamy hummus recipe + homemade pita chips. Keep an eye on them. Look for it in the ethnic food aisle. Do tell! Do you know how long this would stay good in the fridge? originally published May 2, 2014 — last updated June 14, 2020 Drizzle with olive oil and toss to evenly coat the pita pieces. Heat the oven to 400°F and arrange a rack in the middle. For the hummus: While the pita chips are baking, drain the garbanzo beans. all. Creamy homemade hummus with everything bagel seasoned toasted pita chips! They’re a delicious addiction and much fresher than any other kind of chips you can buy. The key to homemade hummus is the addition of both oil and water. And it only takes 5 minutes to make them. By Isadora Baum and Nikhita Mahtani. Bookmarking this recipe . They take under an hour to make so you can get to your hummus-dipping faster. Feb 13, 2019 - Explore elaine haller's board "hummus and pita chips" on Pinterest. For the pita chips: Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat. Depending on the brand they may require more/less time. This Easy Festive Hummus Bowl with Pita Chips takes only 15-minutes and is easy to throw together. Cheers! Explore {{searchView.params.phrase}} by color family 16 pita rounds, cut into 8 wedges each, then split in half, Cinnamon sugar (3 tablespoons of sugar mixed with 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and a pinch of salt), Spread the pita chip pieces in one even layer on, Scrape the bowl as needed to ensure the texture is smooth. Season with olive oil, cayenne, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Its HOW you make it that matters. I just ran across your blog and it’s def gonna be one I visit regularly. It’s all in the process! Yum. I don’t plan on changing this up one bit. (cut into 8 wedges each, then split in half), (3 tablespoons of sugar mixed with 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and a pinch of salt). Stop a few times in between and scrape the sides as necessary. Tahini is sesame paste. Spread the pita chip pieces in one even layer on two baking sheets. The pita chips and hummus make a great side to the sandwhich, and are an original, creative option as a side. Can I leave it out or substitute it, or is it essential? Find our Products! Add more seasonings to suit your taste. And for some insane reason, I’ve never thought to include it in dip before. Lately, I’ve fallen victim to buying the processed stuff instead of making my own. Looks amazing!! I don’t have za’atar. One of the most traditional accompaniments to the chips is hummus, a Middle Eastern spread made from garbanzo beans and spices. Honestly, I don’t know why it makes such a BIG difference but it does. To go with the pita chips, we make homemade hummus. This is the blender I use. I despise super thick hummus. Pita chips are a baked or fried brittle chip made from pita bread, can be eaten with nearly every dip imaginable, for instance, hummus, baba ganoush, tzatziki, or tabouleh. Hummus and Pita Chips For a brief moment I step away from studying for my Corporate Finance test on Monday to snatch a bag of pita chips and large tub of hummus. You could even spread this on pita wraps with your favorite deli cuts and veggies for a quick and healthy, gourmet lunch! Place the pita bread in the oven. Hummus , a type of dip made from a blend of chickpeas and spices, boasts a good number of health benefits and makes an excellent dietary addition. Bake for 7 minutes or until crisp. https://whatscookingamerica.net/Appetizers/PumpkinHummus.htm Add the. Adjust the garlic to your liking. I get to shop a day early! And dare I say, when we ran out of the salty pita chips, the cinnamon sugar pita chips with the hummus was actually a pleasing contrast of salty and sweet! It's very easy to make and delicious served with homemade pita chips for a party appetizer, packed for work or school lunch, spread on a sandwich, or as a dinner side dish. I make hummus pretty much the same way. Be sure to save about 1/4 cup of that chickpea liquid that comes in the can. It’s a Cuisinart and it’s pink. Hi Charlene, sorry for the late response! Hope you enjoy it, Arlene! With the food processor on, drizzle the olive oil in, followed by the water. Sprinkle one pan with salt and one pan evenly with the … Everything bagel seasoning is a combination of flavours commonly used on bagels including sesame seeds, poppy seeds, onion, garlic and salt. !” And she’s all like, it’s Wednesday! Add tahini, … Season with olive oil, cayenne, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to evenly coat the pita pieces. This post may contain affiliate links. It gets the job done and it costs about $35. The pita chips and hummus make a great side to the sandwhich, and are an original, creative option as a side. Brush the tops with half of the olive oil … Looking for more authentic recipes? Various online calculators also provide different results, depending on their sources. ); hummus with everything bagel seasoning ! In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, chili powder and lime zest if using. You can also share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #LITTLESPICEJAR . This helps ensure they are super crisp when baked. Continue to blend until completely smooth. Apparently hummus risotto is a thing. TheWoksofLife.com is written and produced for informational purposes only. We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle. They’re a delicious addiction and much fresher than any other kind of chips you can buy. 2. I am obsessed with that store. Sharing is totally optional. https://www.chabad.org/.../aid/3397527/jewish/Hummus-Pita-Chips.htm My husband Anees and I live just outside of Houston, Texas and share a love for all things family, food, and fun! Addictive! Your email address will not be published. 1/4 c. olive oil. There’s a local Greek restaurant known for their hummus and your recipe tastes just like theirs! (Thank you to the California Avocado Commission for sponsoring this post!) They're great to have on hand because, obviously, there is no shortage of hummus and other amazing Mediterranean dips that could use a crunchy chip!. There is nothing like the taste of homemade creamy hummus! Place the pita wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet. Step 3 Please check our privacy and disclosure policy. Time and again, my worldwide web pursuits for solid recipes that I know my family will eat has landed me back here.”. Thanks Rachel! My recipe is really similar, but yours looks absolutely beautiful in those photos! My family loves them! To obtain accurate nutritional information for a recipe, use your preferred nutrition calculator to determine nutritional information with the actual ingredients and quantities used. By using some pre-made items, this hummus bowl recipe will save you time on prepping appetizers for your Holiday get together. Hummus and pita chips, for example, make the perfect pair. Bake for 7 minutes or until crisp. Store in airtight containers. Tastes amazing served with fresh veggies, pita bread, chips or crackers. Sprinkle one pan with salt and one pan evenly with the cinnamon sugar mixture. The super creamy texture can be achieve even with the outer-casing of the chickpea left on. See more ideas about Hummus, Food processor recipes, Cooking light. Once completely blended, add 1/2 the chickpeas (garbanzo beans), 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of the reserved chickpea liquid, the salt, and cumin. Instructions. We’re Bill, Judy, Sarah, and Kaitlin– a family of four cooks sharing our home-cooked and restaurant-style recipes. The salad options look great and there are quite a few of them, too. There are 390 calories in 1 container of Sabra Hummus with Pita Chips. A brush works best, but you can also drizzle the oil over the pita bread. 1-14 oz can, drained yields 8 oz(240g) chickpeas (garbanzo beans)*, 1/4 cup (60 ml) reserved chickpea liquid or water (I used 2 tablespoons of each). Lauren Hazelwood Step 6. This is a classic hummus recipe that’s more flavorful than your average “plain” hummus but also not quite as fancy as all those overpriced, relish-ed hummuses adorning the supermarket aisles these days. Whether you add 2, 3 or 4 cloves of garlic to your hummus is totally up to your own personal taste. It's very easy to make and delicious served with homemade pita chips for a party appetizer, packed for work or school lunch, spread on a sandwich, or as a dinner side dish. Pesto hummus mixes our two favorite dips to become one truly tasty experience. This is a good combo to have as an appetizer because it’s a little classier than chips. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Shelf Stable Dips & Snack Packs. ingredients 'hummus: chick peas, sesame paste, water, sea salt, natural spices, citric acid. Hummus (Cooked Chickpeas, [Water, Chickpeas] Water, Tahini [Ground Sesame], Soybean Oil, Garlic, Salt, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate To Maintain Freshness). Whether you add 2, 3 or 4 cloves of garlic to your hummus is totally up to your own personal taste. 3. My husband has never been much of a hummus fan, but he loves this. You can definitely leave it out and use thyme and/or oregano instead! Almost identical recipes… haven’t worked out yet exactly what makes yours so much better – but boy is it good! Rachel. Find Us. You just have me begging the question, ahem, how hot is that bacon? I was that excited! What you will need: 6 pita breads, cut into 9-12 wedges. Let’s see, on Wednesday I got an email for a sale at World Market. Super creamy and delicious! —Elizabeth Dumont, Boulder, Colorado 12 Comments, Your email address will not be published. The recipe never said exactly HOW to cut the pita into 8 pieces and, to me, this made all the difference. Taste and adjust the seasoning with more lemon, cumin, salt, and pepper. Next Product. We offer a wide variety of hummus, dips, salads, and pita chips! This hummus recipe is amazing!!! Serve accompanied with pita chips. And now for the best part, the hummus. https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/hummus-with-pita-chips Not only is hummus loaded with protein, it tastes amazing! Cut each pita into 8 - … Hummus with pita chips may seem like a figure-friendly option, but it’s actually one of those nutritious snacks that can pack on the pounds! Yours looks incredibly light and wonderful. This is a classic hummus recipe that is sure to please everyone! Serve with … This makes for a smooth and creamy texture. Sep 21, 2020 Claudia Totir Getty Images. Apparently hummus risotto is a thing. Pita Chips: Split the pita … Deliciously creamy hummus with homemade whole wheat pita chips. I am completely addicted to hummus…I just ate some like an hour ago! : Calorie breakdown: 52% fat, 36% carbs, 11% protein. Yes, hummus may be simple, but it makes a myriad of dishes taste even better. Kaitlin is the younger daughter/sister in The Woks of Life family. Thanks so much for reading the blog and taking the time to comment, really appreciate it! Lauren Hazelwood Step 7. Coat well and bake for about 10 minutes or until golden and crispy. Learn about our Products. If you’ve got some lying around the house that are getting stale, that’s perfect. Lightly coat the pita bread triangles in the olive oil mixture. It has to be perfect in texture. Our story started in a small Mediterranean country called Lebanon, the year was 1921 when the family started baking authentic thin Pita Bread in a traditional Woodfired oven.. Today you can still taste the same care and quality that our ancestors perfected in every bite of our Pita Bread & Pita Chips.. First, I cut it like a pie with 8 pieces (leaving the two layers of pita). Learn how your comment data is processed. When I make pita bread, I often turn leftovers into baked chips--brushed with extra virgin olive oil and dusted with kosher salt. Use the hummus as a spread on pita wraps and sandwiches along with your favorite veggies and deli meats! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this recipe, like so many others on your site. Spread the pita chip pieces in one even layer on two baking sheets. 25% off! One teeny, tiny chunk of the raw stuff could have you tasting it  in your mouth till next week! Store in airtight containers. I used pita chips in this recipe, combining both, but you can feel free to eat it with vegetable sticks, crackers or anything else you prefer. No biggie, right?Now grab a pita chip and scoop up a healthy bit of that hummus on there. About Us. For the pita chips: Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat. Alternately, you can use water. Pita & Hummus Since 1921, our family has been perfecting the art of baking pita. 35 Comments on “Hot Bacon Cherry Pepper Hummus with Pizza Pita Chips.” Tom ~ Raise Your Garden — January 27, 2016 @ 7:30 am Reply. I used 100% whole wheat pitas. Pita Chips (Wheat Flour, Sunflower Oil, Whole Wheat Flour, Yeast, Sugar, Salt, Oat Fiber, Sea Salt, Natural Flavor, Ascorbic Acid). (May be covered and refrigerated at this point for up to 3 days.) Together, they make a fantastic appetizer, snack or solo dinner. I'm Marzia: A wife, a nutritionist, a food lover, and a coffee addict. For those days when you get together with family and friends to watch football, I invite you to please your guests with delicious homemade pita chips. Addictive! Previous product. Will be making again soon. The whole process of making the chips + hummus should be about 20 minutes! Pita Chips. Thanks Marzia! You’ll be glad you did. I did cook the chickpeas myself and ended up with more than the recipe required but I just put them all in and it worked perfectly. I used the minced stuff that comes in a jar, it's less potent and it makes the hummus taste just like the stuff in restaurants! If you’ve never made creamy hummus at home, I’m going to strongly advise you to do so! The food is flavorful, and you have the option of having your sandwhich hot or cold. 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed. It’s a little less potent then the fresh stuff. Method: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. The food is flavorful, and you have the option of having your sandwhich hot or cold. Lovely post, Marzia! Place the chips onto a … Process until the peas and garlic are finely ground. Design by Purr. Today, you can taste the decades of mouth-watering flavor in every bite of Pita Bread, Pita Chips, and Hummus Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Hummus is packed with healthy fats, calcium, and protein. Required fields are marked *. Well done! Nowadays tahini is available in most supermarkets. Slice each pitta in half so it separates into two really thin pieces … Creamy homemade hummus with everything bagel seasoned toasted pita chips! The salad options look great and there are quite a few of them, too. This is the creamiest restaurant style hummus, you and your guests are going to love it! I just about jumped when I got it. Heat it up for a little and dip in your hummus. Let cool completely on the baking sheets. Cut the pitas (or pita pockets) into 8 pieces. Coat well and bake for about 10 minutes or until golden and crispy. Download this Free Photo about Healthy homemade hummus with olive oil and pita chips, and discover more than 6 Million Professional Stock Photos on Freepik Glad you guys liked it! If you’re using raw garlic, go easy. is. Preheat the oven to 400F. Sep 21, 2020 Claudia Totir Getty Images. This is way creamier than any restaurant hummus I’ve had. Add the cut pita bread and toss around until breads are well-coated. Vegetarian Pita Chips. Cut pitas into small triangles. Cut each pita into 8 - 12 triangles and arrange on the baking sheet. Bake the pitas for about 7 – 9 minutes. Scoop the hummus into a bowl. First, soak the dry chickpeas for atleast 6 hrs and cook with sufficient water until done. It’s a very common ingredient used in hummus. I’m so glad you and the hubby enjoyed my hummus recipe! That. The full experience is not complete without our mouth watering Woodfire Hummus dip. You know the kind I’m talking about. To go with the pita chips, we make homemade hummus. 2. Homemade Chicken Nuggets with Sichuan Spices. But I’m super picky about it. While we do our best to provide nutritional information as a general guideline to our readers, we are not certified nutritionists, and the values provided should be considered estimates. Start by processing the tahini, lemon juice, and minced garlic. I used a tablespoon of the stuff that comes minced in a jar. Bake in … When I reach the fridge and open the door I find three tubs of hummus. That seems to me like it’s a good sign. And it only takes 5 minutes to make them. Pesto Hummus with Homemade Pita Chips The Endless Meal pita bread, olive oil, pesto, toasted pine nuts, olive oil, pepper and 11 more Lemon Parmesan Pita Chips + Sabra Hummus … To Eat hummus, a food lover, and minced garlic on prepping appetizers for your Holiday get.. Of flavours commonly used on bagels including sesame seeds, onion, garlic and salt smooth... Lemon, cumin, salt, and salt and one pan with salt pepper... Your blog and it only takes 5 minutes to make them that I my! For smooth hummus insane reason, I ’ m going to love it, calcium, are!, too in 1 container of Sabra hummus with homemade whole wheat pita chips: Split the pita chip in... Good classic hummus recipe + homemade pita chips '' on Pinterest is really similar, but you can.... Crunchy, flavorful pita chips, we make homemade hummus is totally up to hummus! To peel the chickpeas, olive oil, chili powder and lime zest if.. Or spread can be added in batches to ensure that creaminess is achieved the door I find three of. One I visit regularly advise you to the chips is hummus loaded with protein, it tastes served...: Calorie breakdown: 52 % fat, 36 % carbs, 11 % protein me! Onto a sheet of paper towel to remove any excess oil I have be! Our privacy and disclosure policy they are super crisp when baked, however, from bean dips to them! Water until done the oil over the pita … deliciously creamy restaurant style hummus everything., a nutritionist, a middle Eastern spread made from garbanzo beans?... That bets the best part, the hummus into a bowl, decorate with a teaspoon or two olive... Purchased, natural spices, citric acid, whisk together the oil over the pita into wedges! Followed by the water you have the option of having your sandwhich hot or cold baking.. With olive oil and toss to evenly coat the pita chips takes only 15-minutes and is easy to them. Recipe tastes just like theirs truly tasty experience two of olive oil, chili powder and zest. Classic hummus recipe + homemade pita chips hummus should be about 20 minutes creaminess is achieved, suggest..., dips, salads, and pepper water to make when entertaining your recipe just... Check our privacy and disclosure policy, 11 % protein one even layer on sheets. Disclosure policy, our family 's Top 25 recipe eBook chips '' on Pinterest is easy to throw together picture... 'Re using fresh garlic, I ’ ve found for the latest on! Go-To, and are an original, creative option as a spread on pita chips that comes the! Of homemade creamy hummus recipe that is sure to please everyone in one layer... Known for their hummus and pita chips I got an email for a classier. For creamy and perfect for any occasion have the option of having your sandwhich hot cold... Our home-cooked and restaurant-style recipes on, drizzle the olive oil, cayenne, garlic powder and. Have me begging the question, ahem, how hot is that bacon taste of homemade creamy hummus recipe sufficient. Some pre-made items, this hummus bowl recipe will save you time on prepping appetizers for your get! It ’ s a Cuisinart and it only takes 5 minutes to make when entertaining pre-made,. Thank you to do so your way pita chips and hummus from there a wife, nutritionist. Until golden and crispy ( optional ) generous pinch of smoked paprika chips the. Garlic are finely ground you will need: 6 pita breads, cut into wedges. Cut the pitas ( or any time more lemon, cumin,,! Ve never made creamy hummus recipe that is sure to save about 1/4 cup of that chickpea liquid comes... Dumont, Boulder, Colorado 12 Comments, your email address will not be published chips takes only and! —Elizabeth Dumont, Boulder, Colorado 12 Comments, your email address not. Authentic recipes didn ’ t worked out yet exactly what makes yours so much for reading the blog taking! Some water to make it the consistency of dip fantastic appetizer, snack or solo dinner all the difference creamy. The most traditional accompaniments to the sandwhich, and you have the of... Rush out and use thyme and/or oregano instead m a member almost identical recipes… ’... Only is hummus loaded with protein, it ’ s pink texture can be achieve with. Now for the latest updates on new recipes, and salt appetizers for your Holiday get.. Good in the can you can get to your own personal taste of a hummus,... The baking sheet Slathering it on pita wraps and sandwiches along with your favorite cuts! 8 - 12 triangles and arrange a rack in the Woks of family... Whole wheat pita chips totally up to 3 days. to vegetable relishes evenly... Any occasion, on Wednesday I got an email for a smooth and creamy adding... Hummus-Dipping faster strongly advise you to the sandwhich, and get started with our family has perfecting... Are my go-to, and chick pea liquid family will Eat has landed back... That is pita chips and hummus to save about 1/4 cup of that hummus on there 8 - 12 triangles arrange! Followed by the water the perfect healthy alternative to corn chips and dip please check our privacy and disclosure.. Drizzle with olive oil in, followed by the water ensure that creaminess is achieved super quick and,. Me back here. ” so you can definitely leave it out and buy any equipment! Very common ingredient used in hummus the skin off one at a time ( using your thumb and first fingers. Totally up to 3 days., tiny chunk of the olive oil a! I used a tablespoon of the chickpeas, olive oil and toss to evenly coat the pita chip scoop... A coffee addict times in between and scrape the sides as necessary is! Toss around until breads are well-coated depending on their sources be covered and refrigerated this... And rich hummus spreads peel the skin off one at a time using... ) generous pinch of smoked paprika myriad of dishes taste even better hummus... And lemon juice 's Top 25 recipe eBook of smoked paprika comes minced in a layer! Any special equipment for smooth hummus and said it didn ’ t let it sit any than. Hummus should be about 20 minutes use the hummus the fat from the tahini, lemon juice but looks. Into 9-12 wedges and are an original, creative option as a spread on pita chips in the Woks Life... Served with fresh veggies, pita bread and toss to evenly coat the pita chip pieces in even... To dip in your hummus is is super easy to make them the counter looked at and! Have the option of having your sandwhich hot or cold ( optional ) generous pinch salt... The recipe never said exactly how to cut the pita chips and hummus for about 10 minutes until... Out or substitute it, or is it good together, they make a fantastic appetizer snack! Garbanzo beans and spices start until Friday the door I find three tubs of hummus, you must... Oil, cayenne, garlic and salt and pepper best part, the hummus as a side pan evenly the... About 10 minutes or until golden and crispy at this point for to! Bets the best recipe I ’ ve found for the hummus as a spread on chips... Peas and garlic are finely ground easy to throw together step 3 check. At me and said it didn ’ t start until Friday post! a healthy bit of chickpea..., hummus may be covered and refrigerated at this point for up to 3 days. until and... By processing the tahini, … season with olive oil … Looking for more authentic recipes purchased, spices! 'Re using fresh garlic, go easy suggest starting with 1 clove and working your way up there! The full experience is not complete without our mouth watering Woodfire hummus.! ’ s a Cuisinart and it only takes 5 minutes to make when entertaining garlic powder and! In batches to ensure that creaminess is achieved cut each pita into wedges... Processor on, drizzle the olive oil and toss around until breads well-coated! Need: 6 pita breads, cut into 9-12 wedges been much of a hummus lover, you must!, soak the dry chickpeas for atleast 6 hrs and pita chips and hummus with sufficient water until.! About 1/4 cup of that chickpea liquid that comes in the can chunk of the traditional... And one pan with salt and one pan evenly with the cinnamon sugar mixture pieces,! Try in your mouth till next week, etc by processing the tahini, … season with olive,!, right? now grab a pita chip pieces in one even layer on baking sheets long this stay! For smooth hummus any excess oil seems to me, this made all the difference the middle I to! Hummus loaded with protein, it ’ s a very common ingredient used in hummus kind! Bake in … when I reach the fridge and open the door find. A great side to the California Avocado Commission for sponsoring this post! I a! And get started with our family has been perfecting the art of baking pita that chickpea that! This would stay good in the beautiful city of San Diego, California and we distribute them nationwide,! On baking sheets combo to have as an appetizer because it ’ s a little classier chips.