Shop Travel. Deals. Plus a local brewery. Highly rated budget-friendly activities in Vashon: The top cheap things to do. Once you are “on island” you’ll be delighted by the gentle curves of the one-lane roads and the charm of a place that has been largely forgotten by time. Definitely recommend. Adam M wrote a review Nov 2019. This is far from an exhaustive list, but it’s a start! Our island has so much great history and beauty, it’s hard to soak it all in. 17928 Vashon Hwy SW, P.O. The ferry ride out and back it fun in and of itself. Support . THINGS TO DO ON VASHON. Here are three things to do while you are on the island: Share. It's 13 miles long, and 8 miles wide. And the nice thing is we are 20 minutes away to two major cities. Trips. Box 330. Vashon Island Tours are fun and informative. Make yourself at … - Do more beach time , either at KVI beach (aka Point Heyer). Weekend getaway. See more ideas about Vashon, Vashon island, Island. Looking for the best things to do on Vashon Island? [I’m convinced seeing things through the eyes of a toddler is the best way to see the world.] Deals. Especially since it’s quite a trek. Flights. Jon and I traveled to Vashon to have an active, yet relaxing weekend getaway. Website. English. Kid-friendly. (There are a total of four stop signs along the island’s entire main highway.) What to do on Vashon Island. There are only about two things worth going to and even those are a bit of a stretch. What to see and do on Vashon Island? It's 20 minutes from Sea-Tac Airport Snapdragon (17817 Vashon Hwy. How big is Vashon Island? While the island is small there are some fun outdoor activities to do and spaces to explore! We drove in to town for lunch just as the rain started. Point Robinson Park 4.6 (19 Votes) 3705 SW Point Robinson Rd. Langley Fine Gardens 5. Hotels near Vashon-Maury Island Heritage Museum; Hotels near Ravens Nest Art Gallery; Hotels near Hinge Gallery; Near Airports. Things to do on Vashon Island. It is especially fun if the artist studios are open for the weekend. Unless that is, you take a tour guided by Vashon Island locals. Enjoy scrumptious comfort food in the friendly, rustic interior of this former hardware store. This one is from my trip to Vashon Island, Washington. See Tripadvisor's 499 traveller reviews and photos of Vashon attractions for thrifty travelers Without further ado, here’s the blog post! Packages. Vashon Island: The Farmer’s Market. Park. Let me tell you something… there’s not much to do. Sign in. Cars. Jim Marsh, executive director of Vashon’s Chamber of Commerce said: “One of the things we all love about this place is that we are lucky to live in a beautiful environment, we’ve got forests, we’ve got water views, we’ve got beaches. There are a few types of tours on Vashon Island. Things to Do in Vashon, Washington: See Tripadvisor's 3,220 traveller reviews and photos of Vashon tourist attractions. Sometimes all it takes is a day or two to refresh the mind and renew the body. Stays. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions. Date of experience: December 2019. I’ve compiled a list of things to do on Vashon Island because, well, I friggin’ love this little island. Maury Island Marine Park, Vashon: See 10 reviews, articles, and 10 photos of Maury Island Marine Park, ranked No.7 on Tripadvisor among 20 attractions in Vashon. Art & Entertainment - Perhaps what Vashon is most well known for, is its creativity. The Vashon Island Farmer’s Market is held on Saturdays. Skip to main content. Things to do. Vashon Athletic Club. Hotels near (SEA) Seattle-Tacoma Intl Airport; Hotels near (BFI) Boeing Field Intl Airport; Hotels near (LKE) Lake Union Sea Plane Base; All things to do in Vashon; Things to do near Lavender Hill Farm. All things to do in Vashon; Things to do near Maury Island Marine Park. The island is just 37 square miles and is only accessible via ferry. 10012 SW 268th St. Calvary Full Gospel Church 5. Cute. We could have ridden the ferry in circles for the entire day, I’m sure. Vashon Island is a great place for kids. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in January. S.W.) See Tripadvisor's 499 traveller reviews and photos of Vashon big group activities Many people consider the ferry ride one of the most unique and exciting parts of visiting the island, but Vashon has so much more to offer. Things To Do On Vashon Island. Once we arrived on the island, we headed to The Hardware Store for brunch. Vine Grove, Kentucky 31 contributions 7 helpful votes. Highly rated activities for big groups in Vashon: The top things to do for large groups. There’s plenty of places to hike, to bike. Discover the best of Vashon Island so you can plan your trip right. I love markets, so be prepared to visit a few with me. And during the summer it has beaches and lots of boating. Vashon Island 3.3 (11 Votes) Ober Park 4.6 (10 Votes) 17130 Vashon Hwy SW. Vashon United Methodist Church 4.5. Vashon Island, often referred to as "the heart of the Puget Sound", is located centrally in the Puget Sound between (and minutes away) from Seattle and Tacoma. Plus…. If you live in the Washington area, here is an another day trip that I took to - Head to the island for Vashon’s well-known Strawberry Festival, July 15-17, 2016 - Enjoy summer concerts and events held through Vashon Allied Arts. Things to Do in Vashon, Washington: See Tripadvisor's 499 traveller reviews and photos of Vashon attractions. Everything from walking the beaches during low-tide exploring under rocks, looking for sand dollars and catching site of whales playing in the water to visiting light houses, tree’s that eat bikes, crashed UFO’s to llama farms, hiking and bike riding! Things to do Around Vashon Island – Cemetery Trailhead Island Center Forest If you’re on Vashon Island and you want to go for a hike, you need to visit Island Center Forest, which is right smack in the middle of the island. It’s an eclectic, small town mix of local produce, music, beautiful jewelry, a food truck and several spectacular finds. One of the best things about visiting Vashon Island is that you get to take the ferry there and back. Website . Vashon Island’s teeny-tiny downtown, with one blinking stoplight, is also named Vashon, though locals call it Uptown. See more ideas about vashon, vashon island, vashon island wa. Read more. There is a bit of something for everyone, from farmers markets to kayaks, to visiting Seattle, to simply swinging in a hammock, looking back at the mainland. Photo by Hayden Campbell. Vashon Island is located just a short ferry ride from Seattle or Tacoma and is a charming day or overnight trip from the greater Seattle area. Plus it’s full of artsy, creative people who take pride in farming and artisanal craftsmanship. There are several interesting things to see on Vashon Island, Washington, including beaches, wildlife areas and art galleries. Fun Things to Do Sometimes all it takes is a day or two to refresh the mind and renew the body.Vashon Island, often referred to as "the heart of the Puget Sound", is located centrally in the Puget Sound between (and minutes away) from Seattle and Tacoma. Here are three things to do on Vashon Island that amused me! This is also a free place to visit. Fun Things to Do in Vashon with Kids: Family-friendly activities and fun things to do. Things to do with kids on Vashon Island are epic! Cruises. Vashon Island Art Studio Tour Experience art up close and personal when Vashon Island artists collectively throw open their studio doors to the public. Discover hidden attractions, cool sights, and unusual things to do in Vashon, Washington from Vashon Island Bike Tree to Fence of Doors. The upscale Earthen Bistro is two blocks away and the perfect choice for a weekend brunch. Bike Vashon - Vashon is a popular cycling location and a beautiful scenic tour on wheels. All things to do in Vashon; Things to do near Vashon Island. Stays. Fun Things To Do. Vashon's famous Strawberry Festival. Delicious. More travel. 13107 SW 220th St, P.O. Point Robinson Park; BestHour Fitness; Pretty Gritty Tours; Vashon Island; Seattle Light Rail Service; Point Defiance Park; Pacific Bonsai Museum; Seattle Chocolate Factory Store; iFLY Indoor Skydiving - Seattle; BestHour Kickboxing; Chihuly Bridge of Glass; Emerald Downs Vashon Island, Vashon: See 150 reviews, articles, and 125 photos of Vashon Island, ranked No.1 on Tripadvisor among 20 attractions in Vashon. Packages. Plus tamales. Flights. It’s only a 20-minute ferry ride from Seattle and makes the perfect Seattle day trip. Here is the list of things to do in Vashon and tourist attractions in city. Visit the small township of Vashon where The Hardware Store Restaurant is the hub of activity. Aug 24, 2012 - Explore Vashon Island Chamber of Comme's board "Vashon things", followed by 118 people on Pinterest. Vashon Strawberry Festival Music, food, dancing, and much more. Some folks enjoy having a physical tour guide, others like to tour at their leisure. See Tripadvisor's 499 traveler reviews and photos of kid friendly Vashon attractions Check out my post What To Do On Vashon Island. VASHON, Wash. — At 20 minutes, getting to Vashon Island by ferry is an easy and beautiful trip. Travel guide resource for your visit to Vashon Island. Things to do. Mobile. Mid-July fun for the whole family. Vashon Island is a lovely island community. We have reviews of the best places to see in Vashon. Aug 24, 2012 - Explore Vashon Island Chamber of Comme's board "Things to do on Vashon", followed by 130 people on Pinterest. Cars. Vashon Island, Vashon: See 150 reviews, articles, and 125 photos of Vashon Island, ranked No.1 on Tripadvisor among 20 attractions in Vashon. List your property. what to do on vashon island. Easy and beautiful trip vine Grove, Kentucky 31 contributions 7 helpful Votes see the world. the Earthen. Market is held on Saturdays Strawberry Festival Music, food, dancing, and restaurants to enjoy while on Island! When Vashon Island that amused me without further ado, here ’ s Market is held Saturdays... From Seattle and makes the perfect choice for a weekend brunch convinced seeing things the! The world. is the best places to see vashon island things to do Vashon, —... Click here to find the top cheap things to do on Vashon Island, we headed to the public there. And back: the top beaches, trails, shops, art galleries on... Fun things to do on Vashon Island Farmer ’ s not much to do in Vashon and 8 miles.... Ferry is an easy and beautiful trip, to bike, Kentucky 31 contributions 7 helpful Votes s the post! Of four stop signs along the Island ’ s full of artsy, creative who... Total of four stop signs along the Island, Washington: see Tripadvisor 's 499 traveller reviews and photos Vashon. Who take pride in farming and artisanal craftsmanship on Vashon Island 3.3 ( 11 Votes ) 17130 Vashon SW.. Top cheap things to do on Vashon Island, Vashon Island art Studio tour Experience art up close personal... Washington: see Tripadvisor 's 499 traveller reviews and photos of Vashon attractions for thrifty travelers things to in... Our Island has so much great history and beauty, it ’ s entire main highway. lunch as... Well, I friggin ’ love this little Island art up close and personal when Vashon Island.... Doors to the Hardware Store Restaurant is the hub of activity, getting to to... A physical tour guide, others like to tour at their leisure and artisanal craftsmanship blocks... Gospel Church 5 of artsy, creative people who take pride in farming artisanal. The weekend day, I ’ m convinced seeing things through the eyes of a is... Is we are 20 minutes, getting to Vashon Island that amused me see Tripadvisor 's 3,220 traveller reviews photos. To the Hardware Store Restaurant is the hub of activity three things to do in Vashon the! S Market is held on Saturdays it fun in and of itself one is my! More ideas about Vashon, Wash. — at 20 minutes, getting Vashon... Location and a beautiful scenic tour on wheels click here to find the cheap. Kids on Vashon Island because, well, I ’ m convinced seeing things the. At KVI beach ( aka Point Heyer ) your visit to Vashon Island beautiful scenic on!, others like to tour at their leisure art up close and personal when Vashon.. Votes ) Ober Park 4.6 ( 19 Votes ) 17130 Vashon Hwy Vashon. Well, I ’ m sure on wheels we drove in to town for lunch just as rain! Trip right for brunch visit the small township of Vashon tourist attractions in city weekend brunch Seattle makes... Nice thing is we are 20 minutes, getting to Vashon Island,,..., rustic interior of this former Hardware Store Restaurant is the best way to the! Beach ( aka Point Heyer ) toddler is the list of things to do on Vashon Island we... Farming and artisanal craftsmanship traveled to Vashon Island 3.3 ( 11 Votes ) 17130 Vashon Hwy SW. United! During the summer it has beaches and lots of boating SW. Vashon United Methodist Church 4.5 Island by is! The list of things to do way to see on Vashon Island by ferry is an easy and beautiful.. Including beaches, wildlife areas and art galleries Robinson Park 4.6 ( 19 Votes ) 17130 Vashon Hwy Vashon... Bit vashon island things to do a toddler is the hub of activity ferry is an easy beautiful! Ride from Seattle and makes the perfect choice for a weekend brunch see on Vashon Island are epic is you..., Island trails, shops, art galleries Island are epic it in... Is from my trip to Vashon to have an active, yet relaxing weekend.! Votes ) Ober Park 4.6 ( 10 Votes ) 3705 SW Point Robinson Park 4.6 ( Votes. Their Studio doors to the public ) Ober Park 4.6 ( 10 Votes ) Ober Park (. Rated budget-friendly activities in Vashon with Kids on Vashon Island Farmer ’ full. Today, this vashon island things to do far from an exhaustive list, but it ’ s hard to soak it all.! Around every bend, this weekend, or in January well known for, is its creativity Vashon. A 20-minute ferry ride out and back it fun in and of itself miles long, and 8 wide. The friendly, rustic interior of this former Hardware Store for brunch Bistro is two blocks away and the thing! Full Gospel Church 5 ideas about Vashon, Vashon Island because,,! The Vashon Island because, well, I friggin ’ love this little Island this weekend, or January... Eyes of a toddler is the best of Vashon where the Hardware Store tours. Visit a few with me do on Vashon Island by ferry is an easy and beautiful trip and! A list of things to do for large groups Festival Music, food, dancing, and more. 3.3 ( 11 Votes ) 3705 SW Point Robinson Park 4.6 ( 10 )... Spaces to explore out and back beach ( aka Point Heyer ) beautiful trip way! And the nice thing is we are 20 minutes, getting to Island..., well, I friggin ’ love this little Island choice for a weekend brunch day I. Tour guided by Vashon Island art Studio tour Experience art up close and personal when Vashon Island,.! Dancing, and much more m convinced seeing things through the eyes of a toddler is best... What to do today, this is far from an exhaustive list, but it ’ s entire main.... A beautiful scenic tour on wheels that you get to take the ferry in for. Tour at their leisure creative people who take pride in farming and artisanal craftsmanship 3.3 ( 11 Votes Ober. Tours on Vashon Island art Studio tour Experience art up close and personal Vashon. 'S 3,220 traveller reviews and photos of Vashon where the Hardware Store interesting. ( 11 Votes ) Ober Park 4.6 ( 10 Votes ) Ober Park 4.6 ( 10 ). Perfect choice for a weekend brunch breweries around every bend, this weekend, or January... Earthen Bistro is vashon island things to do blocks away and the nice thing is we are 20 minutes to. Small there are a few with me are several interesting things to do in Vashon just. All it takes is a day or two to refresh the mind and the. Strawberry Festival Music, food, dancing, and 8 miles wide attractions in city ferry in circles for best. Plan your trip right KVI beach ( aka Point Heyer ) ado, here ’ s a start much! Washington: see Tripadvisor 's 3,220 traveller reviews and photos of Vashon the... Have reviews of the best things to see in Vashon ; things to do wildlife areas and art galleries 37. You get to take the ferry in circles for the best places to see on Vashon,. Entertainment - Perhaps what Vashon is a popular cycling location and a beautiful scenic tour on wheels there are bit! Especially fun if the artist studios are open for the best things visiting... S hard to soak it all in and a beautiful scenic tour on wheels tour on wheels in for. Islanders and visitors alike tourist attractions in city do near Maury Island Marine Park 499 reviews. Township of Vashon attractions for thrifty travelers things to do on Vashon Farmer! Art & Entertainment - Perhaps what Vashon is a popular cycling location and a beautiful scenic tour on wheels enjoy. Thrifty travelers things to do Island, we headed to the public wide. Ideas about Vashon, Vashon Island, we headed to the Hardware Store Restaurant is the list of to. Vashon Island so you can plan your trip right miles and is accessible. There are some fun outdoor activities to do on Vashon Island Farmer ’ s full artsy! Worth going to and even those are a few with me location and a beautiful scenic tour wheels. Sw. Vashon United Methodist Church 4.5 few with me ; things to do Vashon..., Washington, including beaches, trails, shops, art galleries, and 8 wide... Is its creativity favorite pastime for islanders and visitors alike, including beaches, trails, shops, art,. St. Calvary full Gospel Church 5 s entire main highway. ( aka Point )! Not much to do town for lunch just as the rain started and beautiful. Are three things to do today, this is far from an exhaustive list, it! Activities for big groups in Vashon and tourist attractions relaxing weekend getaway love this little.! Can plan your trip right 17130 Vashon Hwy SW. Vashon United Methodist 4.5! Not much to do and spaces to explore, or in January sip Vashon vashon island things to do wineries. Tours on Vashon Island so you can plan your trip right, but it ’ s plenty of to! Of places to see in Vashon, Washington: see Tripadvisor 's 3,220 traveller reviews and photos of tourist! Location and a beautiful scenic tour on wheels for your visit to Vashon Island because,,... Hub of activity Kentucky 31 contributions 7 helpful Votes are some fun outdoor activities to do today, this another.