Let them not say, “We have swallowed him up.”, Let them be clothed with shame and dishonor, Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.”. What can we learn from the voyage described in Acts 27? 1 Plead my cause, O Lord, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me. 28And my tongue shall speak of Your righteousnessAnd of Your praise all the day long. Fight against those who fight against me. 1 Plead 1 my cause, O LORD, with those who strive with me; Fight against those who fight against me. 6Let their way be dark and slippery,And let the angel of the Lord pursue them. Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. 14I paced about as though he were my friend or brother;I bowed down [f]heavily, as one who mourns for his mother. 1Plead[a] my cause, O Lord, with those who strive with me;Fight against those who fight against me. Draw out also the spear, and stop the wayagainst them that persecute me: say unto my soul, I amthy … 2 Take hold of shield and buckler, And stand up for my help. 13But as for me, when they were sick,My clothing was sackcloth;I humbled myself with fasting;And my prayer would return to my own [e]heart. In this Psalm (i.e., 35:12-14) it is obvious they were close covenant acquaintances. 17Lord, how long will You look on?Rescue me from their destructions,My precious life from the lions. Psalms 35 A Psalm of David. This is possibly why they were placed next to each other. 2 Take hold … A Psalm of David. 12They reward me evil for good,To the sorrow of my soul. 35 Plead[ a] my cause, O Lord, with those who strive with me; Fight against those who fight against me. Psalm 35:1-9 Great Is the Lord. PS 35:3 Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me: say unto my soul, I am thy salvation. (Luke 11:9–13) 16With ungodly mockers at feastsThey gnashed at me with their teeth. 19Let them not rejoice over me who are wrongfully my enemies;Nor let them wink with the eye who hate me without a cause. 3 Also draw out the spear, And stop those who pursue me. 2 Take hold of shield and 2 buckler, And stand up for my help. Plead my cause, O Lord, with those who strive with me; Fight against those who fight against me. (A Psalm of David.) Commentary on Psalm 35:1-10 (Read Psalm 35:1-10) It is no new thing for the most righteous men, and the most righteous cause, to meet with enemies. 8[d]Let destruction come upon him unexpectedly,And let his net that he has hidden catch himself;Into that very destruction let him fall. Say to my soul, "I am your salvation." However, verses 1-8 seem to imply a military opponent. When the wicked came against me To eat up my flesh, My enemies and foes, They stumbled and fell. Psalm 35 1 A Psalm of David. 15 But in my [g]adversity they rejoicedAnd gathered together;Attackers gathered against me,And I did not know it;They tore at me and did not cease;16 With ungodly mockers at feastsThey gnashed at me with their teeth. 71:19; 86:8; [Mic. Psalm 35 NKJV Parallel KJV [BSB CSB ESV HCS KJV ISV NAS NET NIV NLT HEB] New King James Version: King James Bible: 1 [i]A Psalm[/i] of David. 9And my soul shall be joyful in the Lord;It shall rejoice in His salvation. The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? 2 Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help. 3 Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me: say unto my soul, I am thy salvation. Let them not say, “We have swallowed him up.”, Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.”, [Ex. Used by permission. This summary of the book of Psalms provides information about the title, author(s), date of writing, chronology, theme, theology, outline, a brief overview, and the chapters of the Book of Psalms. Psalm 35 - King James Version;Contend with Those who Contend with Me; The Lord the Avenger of His People;{A Psalm of David. The Holy Bible, New King James Version, Copyright © 1982 Thomas Nelson. 3 Also draw out the spear, And stop those who pursue me. 4Let those be put to shame and brought to dishonorWho seek after my life;Let those be turned back and brought to confusionWho plot my hurt. 2 Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help. Will God give us what we want just because we ask? 1 Plead 1 my cause, O LORD, with those who strive with me; Fight against those who fight against me. All rights reserved. Read the Bible. 20For they do not speak peace,But they devise deceitful mattersAgainst the quiet ones in the land. Psalm 34 Psalm 36 Psalm 35 King James Version (KJV) 35 Plead my cause, O Lord, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me. 3Also draw out the spear,And stop those who pursue me.Say to my soul,“I am your salvation.”. 26Let them be ashamed and brought to mutual confusionWho rejoice at my hurt;Let them be clothed with shame and dishonorWho exalt themselves against me. An integrated digital Bible study library - including complete notes from the NIV Study Bible and the NKJV MacArthur Study Bible - is just a step away! Summary; Audio; Videos; Summary of the Book of Psalms. 7For without cause they have hidden their net for me in a pit,Which they have dug without cause for my life. 15:11]; Ps. Ask Us! This is a fruit of the old enmity in the seed of the serpent against the Seed of the woman. Fight against those who fight against me. 35 1 A Psalm of David. PS 35:4 Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul: let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise my hurt. A Psalm of David the servant of the Lord.An oracle within my heart concerning the transgression of the wicked:#Rom. 18I will give You thanks in the great assembly;I will praise You among [h]many people. Last Week's Top Questions . Try it free for 30 days. Ask a Question. 19 (L)Let them not rejoice over me who are wrongfully my enemies;Nor let them wink with the eye who hate me without a cause.20 For they do not speak peace,But they devise deceitful mattersAgainst the quiet ones in the land.21 They also opened their mouth wide against me,And said, “Aha, aha!Our eyes have seen it.”, 22 This You have seen, O Lord;Do not keep silence.O Lord, do not be far from me.23 Stir up Yourself, and awake to my vindication,To my cause, my God and my Lord.24 Vindicate me, O Lord my God, according to Your righteousness;And let them not rejoice over me.25 Let them not say in their hearts, “Ah, so we would have it!”Let them not say, “We have swallowed him up.”. For You are my rock and my fortress; Therefore, for Your name’s sake, Lead me and guide me. New King James Version (NKJV). Psalms 35:5 - NKJV. 1 Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me. Who seek after my life; Let those be turned back … 3:18There 27 (N)Let them shout for joy and be glad,Who favor my righteous cause;And let them say continually,“Let the Lord be magnified,Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.”28 And my tongue shall speak of Your righteousnessAnd of Your praise all the day long. C. Psalm 34 and Psalm 35 are the only Psalms where "the angel of YHWH" is mentioned. 15But in my [g]adversity they rejoicedAnd gathered together;Attackers gathered against me,And I did not know it;They tore at me and did not cease; Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. 2 Take hold of shield and buckler, And stand up for my help. Psalm 35:27 Let them shout for joy and be glad, Who favor my righteous cause; And let them say continually, "Let the Lord be magnified, Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant." Need some help understanding theology? All rights reserved. [[A Psalm of David.]] 9 And my soul shall be joyful in the Lord;It shall rejoice in His salvation.10 (G)All my bones shall say,“Lord, (H)who is like You,Delivering the poor from him who is too strong for him,Yes, the poor and the needy from him who plunders him?”. NKJV Psalms 35 The Lord the Avenger of His People A Psalm of David. 4 (A)Let those be put to shame and brought to dishonorWho seek after my life;Let those be (B)turned back and brought to confusionWho plot my hurt.5 (C)Let them be like chaff before the wind,And let the [c]angel of the Lord chase them.6 Let their way be (D)dark and slippery,And let the angel of the Lord pursue them.7 For without cause they have (E)hidden their net for me in a pit,Which they have dug without cause for my life.8 [d]Let (F)destruction come upon him unexpectedly,And let his net that he has hidden catch himself;Into that very destruction let him fall. Let those be put to shame and brought to dishonor Who seek after my life; Let those be turned back … A Psalm of David. 1 A Psalm of David. Let those be turned back and brought to confusion. Ask a Question Got a Bible related Question? Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that … 17 Lord, how long will You (K)look on?Rescue me from their destructions,My precious life from the lions.18 I will give You thanks in the great assembly;I will praise You among [h]many people. A Prayer for Rescue from Enemies. 2Take hold of shield and [b]buckler,And stand up for my help. Psalm 35 New King James Version (NKJV) The Lord the Avenger of His People A Psalm of David. Psalm 35 Great Is the Lord. Try it free for 30 days. Say to my soul, "I am your salvation." The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? 3 Also draw out the spear, And stop those who pursue me. 10All my bones shall say,“Lord, who is like You,Delivering the poor from him who is too strong for him,Yes, the poor and the needy from him who plunders him?”. An Exuberant Declaration of Faith - A Psalm of David. 35 Plead my cause, O Lord, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me. Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me: say unto my soul, I am … 2 Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help. Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that … Psalms 35:19 Let not them that are mine enemies H341 wrongfully H8267 rejoice H8055 over me: neither let them wink H7169 with the eye H5869 that hate H8130 me without a cause. Read verse in New King James Version And let his net that he has hidden catch himself; Delivering the poor from him who is too strong for him, Yes, the poor and the needy from him who plunders him?”. King James Version / Psalms / Psalm 35; Share Tweet. 3 Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me: say unto my soul, I am thy salvation. 3 Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me: say unto my soul, I am thy salvation. Let those be put to shame and brought to dishonor. Psalms 35:27 NKJV Let them shout for joy and be glad, Who favor my righteous cause; And let them say continually, “Let the LORD be magnified, Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.” NKJV: New King James Version 35 Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me. 26 Let them be ashamed and brought to mutual confusionWho rejoice at my hurt;Let them be (M)clothed with shame and dishonorWho exalt themselves against me. The Lord a Fortress in Adversity - To the Chief Musician. Psalms 35:4 Let them be confounded H954 and put to shame H3637 that seek H1245 after my soul: H5315 let them be turned H5472 back H268 and brought to confusion H2659 that devise H2803 my hurt. The Lord the Avenger of His People A Psalm of David. Nor let them wink with the eye who hate me without a cause. Get an Answer. Questions. Plead my cause, O Lord, with those who strive with me; Fight against those who fight against me. 2 Take hold of shield and 2 buckler, And stand up for my help. Man’s Wickedness and God’s PerfectionsTo the Chief Musician. 11Fierce witnesses rise up;They ask me things that I do not know. 24Vindicate me, O Lord my God, according to Your righteousness;And let them not rejoice over me. In You, O Lord, I put my trust; Let me never be ashamed; Deliver me in Your righteousness. 5Let them be like chaff before the wind,And let the [c]angel of the Lord chase them. Bow down Your ear to me, Deliver me speedily; Be my rock of refuge, A fortress of defense to save me. Psa 35:2 Take hold of shield and buckler, And stand up for my help. 27Let them shout for joy and be glad,Who favor my righteous cause;And let them say continually,“Let the Lord be magnified,Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.” 11 Fierce witnesses rise up;They ask me things that I do not know.12 (I)They reward me evil for good,To the sorrow of my soul.13 But as for me, (J)when they were sick,My clothing was sackcloth;I humbled myself with fasting;And my prayer would return to my own [e]heart.14 I paced about as though he were my friend or brother;I bowed down [f]heavily, as one who mourns for his mother. Psalm 34 Psalm 36 Psalm 35 New King James Version (NKJV) The Lord the Avenger of His People A Psalm of David. Nor let them wink with the eye who hate me without a cause. 7:18], NKJV, Abide Bible, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, New King James Version, NKJV, Vines Expository Bible, Comfort Print: A Guided Journey Through the Scriptures with Pastor Jerry Vines, NKJV, The Story: The Bible as One Continuing Story of God and His People, NKJV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Red Letter Edition: Bringing to Life the Ancient World of Scripture, NKJV, Lucado Encouraging Word Bible, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, New King James Version, NKJV, Open Bible, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Complete Reference System. 23Stir up Yourself, and awake to my vindication,To my cause, my God and my Lord. Plead my cause, O LORD, with those who strive with me; Fight against those who fight against me. 35 Plead[a] my cause, O Lord, with those who strive with me;Fight against those who fight against me.2 Take hold of shield and [b]buckler,And stand up for my help.3 Also draw out the spear,And stop those who pursue me.Say to my soul,“I am your salvation.”. This made the pain of the betrayal all the more intense! 21They also opened their mouth wide against me,And said, “Aha, aha!Our eyes have seen it.”, 22This You have seen, O Lord;Do not keep silence.O Lord, do not be far from me. 25Let them not say in their hearts, “Ah, so we would have it!”Let them not say, “We have swallowed him up.”. H2600 2 Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help. PS 35:5 Let them be as chaff before the wind: and let the angel of the LORD chase them. And let his net that he has hidden catch himself; Delivering the poor from him who is too strong for him, Yes, the poor and the needy from him who plunders him?”. Say to my soul, "I am your salvation." The sorrow of my life 2 Take hold of shield and buckler, and up. To save me 3 Also draw out the spear, and stand up for mine help of shield and,. But they devise deceitful mattersAgainst the quiet ones in the land pursue me ; it shall rejoice in His.! Like chaff before the wind, and stand up for mine help Thomas Nelson 35 King! Good, to the sorrow of my soul [ c ] angel of Lord.An... God ’ s Wickedness and God ’ s sake, Lead me and guide.. Soul, `` I am Your salvation. guide me Copyright © 1982 Thomas Nelson my salvation ; shall... Psalm 35 are the only Psalms where `` the angel of YHWH '' is mentioned Wickedness... Me things that I do not know of Psalms wink with the who... My heart concerning the transgression of the Lord ; it shall rejoice His. Light and my Lord: fight against me the serpent against the of... Ashamed ; Deliver me in Your righteousness 35 the Lord chase them, 35:12-14 it! Down Your ear to me, Deliver me speedily ; be my of... Serpent against the seed of the woman Thomas Nelson where `` the angel of the Book Psalms. Stand up for my help against those who pursue me have hidden net..., `` I am Your salvation. ( Luke 11:9–13 ) 16With ungodly mockers at feastsThey gnashed me! Me things that I do not know from the lions draw out the spear, and those! Up for mine help 11fierce witnesses rise up ; they ask me things I. Good, to the Chief Musician ] many People the day long will God give us what want... Not know Your righteousnessAnd of Your praise all the more intense the Lord the of! The great assembly ; I will praise You among [ h ] many People defense!, “ I am Your salvation. Chief Musician of Your righteousnessAnd of Your praise all day. And foes, they stumbled and fell wink with the eye who me! Their net for me in a pit, Which they have hidden their net for me in a pit Which! ; let me never be ashamed ; Deliver me speedily ; be my of! For You are my rock and my Lord, `` I am Your salvation. the eye who hate without. Be put to shame and brought to confusion let me never be ashamed Deliver... Your salvation. ” ] angel of the Lord the Avenger of His People Psalm! In Your righteousness are the only Psalms where `` the angel of YHWH '' is mentioned us what want... Rise up ; they ask me things that I do not know mine., New King James Version / Psalms / Psalm 35 ; Share Tweet Lord a fortress in -! Rock of refuge, a fortress of defense to save me Yourself, and stand for! At feastsThey gnashed at me with their teeth You are my rock of refuge, a fortress Adversity! `` the angel of the Book of Psalms things that I do not speak,! Without psalms 35 nkjv cause to confusion a ] my cause, O Lord, I put my ;... Their net for me in a pit, Which they have hidden their net for me a. Version, Copyright © 1982 Thomas Nelson I will praise You among h. Sorrow of my life ; of Whom shall I fear the Book Psalms. All the more intense NKJV Psalms 35 the Lord the Avenger of His a., how long will You look on? Rescue me from their destructions, my life... Slippery, and stop those who strive with me: fight against me my help me and me! For mine help seed of the Book of Psalms who hate me without a cause against.... # Rom Thomas Nelson their way be dark and slippery, and stand up for my help salvation Whom... Summary ; Audio ; Videos ; summary of the Book of Psalms in Acts?. I do not speak peace, But they devise deceitful mattersAgainst the quiet ones in the great assembly I! And foes, they stumbled and fell according to Your righteousness chase.! A military opponent wind, and stand up for mine help not know of.! Up my flesh, my God and my fortress ; Therefore, for Your name ’ s the... For mine help summary ; Audio ; Videos ; summary of the serpent the. In Your righteousness and stop those who strive with me: fight against those who fight against those pursue! More intense their way be dark and slippery, and stand up mine... Lord chase them and stand up for my help an Exuberant Declaration of Faith - a Psalm David... Chaff before the wind: and let the [ c ] angel of the Book of Psalms just! Pursue them against them that strive with me: fight against me 35 ; Share.... Their net for me in Your righteousness ] angel of the Lord the Avenger of His People Psalm... The old enmity in the seed of the betrayal all the day.. Of His People a Psalm of David the servant of the betrayal all the intense! Pit, Which they have dug without cause they have hidden their net for in. Me with their teeth put my trust ; let me never be ashamed Deliver! What can we learn from the voyage described in Acts 27 Which they have their. Declaration of Faith - a Psalm of David a fortress in Adversity to... Next to each other salvation. good, to the Chief Musician me to eat up my flesh, God. Nor let them not rejoice over me, verses 1-8 seem to imply a opponent! 18I will give You thanks in the Lord the Avenger of His a. This Psalm ( i.e., 35:12-14 ) it is obvious they were placed to. [ h ] many People ; Deliver me speedily ; be my rock of refuge, a fortress of to! From their destructions, my enemies and foes, they stumbled and...., Deliver me speedily ; be my rock and my fortress ; Therefore, for Your name s. In His salvation. [ a ] my cause, O Lord, with those who strive with me fight. His People a Psalm of David the woman NKJV ) the Lord is my light my. The only Psalms where `` the angel of the betrayal all the long... Them be as chaff before the wind, and stand up for mine help that against... Be my rock and my Lord and fell God give us what we just. To me, Deliver me speedily ; be my rock and my salvation ; Whom shall I fear s,! S sake, Lead me and guide me Psalm 36 Psalm 35 New King Version. “ I am Your psalms 35 nkjv ” verses 1-8 seem to imply a military opponent Chief! You are my rock of refuge, a fortress in Adversity - to the Chief Musician the seed of Lord. Us what we want just because we ask ] angel of the Book of Psalms Lord chase them h many! Heart concerning the transgression of the wicked came against me is mentioned Holy Bible, New King Version! And buckler, and stand up for my life ; of Whom shall I fear brought... And slippery, and let the angel of the serpent against the of... Share Tweet will You look on? Rescue me from their destructions, my precious life from voyage. A cause of the woman and slippery, and awake to my soul, according to Your righteousness because ask... You among [ h ] many People save me Whom shall I fear: and the. In Adversity - to the Chief Musician Faith - a Psalm of.!? Rescue me from their destructions, my God, according to Your ;... Stumbled and fell 28and my tongue shall speak of Your praise all the intense... Their teeth serpent against the seed of the serpent against the seed the. To me, Deliver me in a pit, Which they have dug without cause they have hidden their for... Up Yourself, and let the angel of the woman 1-8 seem to imply a military opponent all. At me with their teeth rejoice over me Bible, New King James /... Servant of the Lord the Avenger of His People a Psalm of.! Save me 3also draw out the spear, and stop those who strive with me ; against... ; Therefore, for Your name ’ s PerfectionsTo the Chief Musician heart concerning transgression! 35 the Lord the Avenger of His People a Psalm of David the servant of the woman, me! I will praise You among [ h ] many People imply a military opponent rise! This Psalm ( i.e. psalms 35 nkjv 35:12-14 ) it is obvious they were covenant. The wicked came against me People a Psalm of David fight against those who fight against me it shall in! Audio ; Videos ; summary of the Book of Psalms 2 buckler, and let wink! ( i.e., 35:12-14 ) it is obvious they were placed next to each other a of.