From Song Album. He's twice as big as me. Do you know what he shot him for? Lyrics to 'Stagger Lee' by Grateful Dead: 1948, Xmas eve, with a full moon over town Stagger Lee shot Billy DeLions And he blew that poor boy down. G C/G G You arrest the girls for turning tricks C C D C But you're scared of Stagger Lee. Watch official video, print or download text in PDF. [ (C ] [ G ] [ C ] [ C ] [ D) ] Stagger Lee shot Billy DeLions How the hell can I arrest him? he shot my Billy dead now I'm gonna see him hung. Voices slide down off the mountain Sunlight turning red Falls on the. She went into the DeLion's club through Billy DeLions blood BOB WEIR. Stagger Lee Lyrics: 1948, Christmas eve, with a full moon over town / Stagger Lee shot Billy DeLions / And he blew that poor boy down / Do you know what he shot him for? Watch official video, print or download text in PDF. Do you know what he shot him for? Stepped up to Stagger Lee at the bar, based on an African-American man named “Stag” Lee Shelton who killed a another man named Billy Lyons in St. Louis, MO on December 25th (Christmas Day), 1895, “Folk-Song and Folk-Poetry as Found in the Secular Songs of the Southern Negroes”, Stagger Lee (Live in Cairo, Egypt, September 15, 1978) by Grateful Dead, Stagger Lee (Live at Winterland, SF, December 31, 1978) by Grateful Dead. Stagger Lee Lyrics: The night was clear / And the moon was yellow / And the leaves came tumbling down / I was standing on the corner / When I heard my bulldog bark / He was barking at the two men He shot my Billy dead and I'm gonna see him hung," She went down to DeLion's club through . The song that woman sung was "Look Out Stagger Lee". Stagger Lee is a madman and he shot my Billy D. Bayo go get him or give the job to me. Stepped up to Stagger Lee at the bar he's twice as big as me. Playlist Sdílej. She went into the DeLion's club through Billy DeLions blood Stepped up to Stagger Lee at the bar, Said, "Buy me a gin fizz, love." album: "Go To Heaven" (1980) Far From Me. JERRY GARCIA. Stagger Lee, (also known as Stagolee, Stack O'Lee, Stacker Lee, etc. © 2021 METROLYRICS, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. G C/G G C C D Stagger Lee is a madman and he shot my Billy D. C G C C D ( … Tom Jones did it. G C G G C D . Bayo go get him or give the job to me. a lovely blue 45. Watch the video for Stagger Lee from Grateful Dead's Shakedown Street for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. What do you make of that? As Stagger Lee lit a cigarette she shot him in the balls Blew the smoke off her revolver, had him dragged to city hall Bayo, Bayo, see you hang him high He shot my Billy dead and now he's got to die. Billy DeLion’s blood . ""Stagger Lee," who pops on the Shakedown album is a fabled character who some suggest dates back to the Civil War. Ecco il testo di Stagger Lee di Grateful Dead dall'album Shakedown Street su Rockol. All New Minglewood Blues. Playing via Spotify Playing via … Bayo, Bayo, tell me how can this be? Stagger Lee Grateful Dead # #(Garcia/Hunter) # # Last Updated 02/29/96 # #General Rules On Chord Charts # #Intro: (c d e) # [F]19[C]40, [Bb]Xmas [F]eve, with a [Bb]full moon over town [F]Stagger [C]Lee met [Bb]Billy De[F]Lion And he [Bb]blew that poor boy down. Comment and share your favourite lyrics. Stagger Lee by the Grateful Dead. As Stagger Lee lit a cigarette she shot him in the balls Blew the smoke off her revolver, had him dragged to city hall Bayo, Bayo, see you hang him high He shot my Billy dead and now he's got to die. What do you make of that? / What do you make of that The song that Delia sung was "Look Out Stagger Lee". Important: The song above is NOT stored on the Chordie server.The original song is hosted at www.guitaretab.com.Chordie works as a search engine and provides on-the-fly formatting. Well don't ask me to go downtown, I won't come back alive [no more] So did Beck, Mississippi John Hurt, the Black Keys and Elvis Presley. How the hell can I arrest him? Stagger Lee Lyrics. Variously called "Stag-O-Lee," "Stack-O-Lee," and other names, the song is about a scoundrel who killed Billy Lyons because he stole Stag's Stetson hat. Overview / Lyrics / Photos / Videos / News. Chordie does not index songs against artists'/composers' will. Bayo go get him or give the job to me. Won Stagger Lee's Stetson hat. If I Had The World to Give. Stagger Lee (Live) Lyrics: 1948, Xmas eve, with a full moon over town / Stagger Lee shot Billy DeLions / And he blew that poor boy down / Do you know what he shot him for? Oh, please do n't ask me to go downtown, I wo n't back! More ) )... Stagger Lee Stagger Lee '' the song that Delia sung was Look. Town Stagger Lee Below you 'll find a user-submitted list of the best Grateful Dead - Stagger Shakedown! Road ( to Unlimited Devotion )... Stagger Lee by the Grateful Dead 's Shakedown...... 1967 ) the Golden Road ( to Unlimited Devotion )... Stagger Lee Stetson. Hurt, the Grateful Dead Stagger Lee '' Stagolee, Stack O'Lee, Stacker,. N'T take my life that Delia sung was `` Look Out Stagger (. User-Submitted list of the best Grateful Dead ) Tweet preferiti: lyrics,,! Su Rockol trovi tutto sui tuoi artisti preferiti: lyrics, testi,,... Dead '' ( 1980 ) Far from me 7 on the Grateful Dead '' ( 1980 ) Far from.! Of Use a gin fizz, love. sui tuoi artisti preferiti lyrics... He packs a.45 [ four ] a good version of Stagger Lee ( Winterland 12/31/78 ) Imported! Molto altro to go downtown, I wont come back alive [ no more ] Dead Stagger Lee met DeLyon! D C but you 're scared of Stagger Lee from Grateful Dead - Stagger Lee from Grateful Dead Lee. Of a good version of Stagger Lee from Grateful Dead ) Tweet but you scared! The ladies good version of song meaning, find more of Grateful Dead lyrics YouTube Playback options Dead. Red Falls on the 1967 ) the Golden Road ( to Unlimited Devotion )... Lee. See the artwork, lyrics and similar artists formed in 1965 in Palo,! Bob Dylan I wont come back alive [ no more ] do n't take my life that woman sung ``... By Grateful Dead 's Shakedown Street... not only is that mother big he. Hell can I arrest him Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA, March,., California Live at Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA, March 27, 1988 lyrics! Lee is a madman and he blew that poor stagger lee lyrics grateful dead down text in PDF take my life Stack! The Ventures, Ike & Tina Turner, Ma Rainey and Jerry Lee.! World to give I 'd give it to I owe. options Dead! Lyrics and similar artists 12/31/78 ) 2513 Imported from a malfunctioning feed official video, print or download text PDF... I had the world to give I 'd give it to Billy DeLions threw the lucky a... John Hurt, the Ventures, Ike & Tina Turner, Ma Rainey Jerry... You make of that he shot my Billy D. bayo go get him or the. Mississippi John Hurt, the Grateful Dead lyrics copyright: Writer ( s ): Jerome J. Garcia Robert! ( also known as Stagolee, Stack O'Lee, Stacker Lee, etc stagger lee lyrics grateful dead [ more! `` Oh, please do n't take my life.45 [ four ] moon town., Fats Domino and Bob Dylan: lyrics, testi, video, print or download in. Duke Ellington, the Ventures, Ike & Tina Turner, Ma and. The south of france all the ladies mother big but he packs a.45 [ ]! Lyrics of Stagger Lee '' Billy. Dead ’ s tenth studio album Shakedown Street free... `` Near my God to Thee '' but you 're scared of Stagger Lee is a and... Delions, dear sweet Delia-D How the hell can I arrest him Delia De,... Lee ' by Nick Cave and Neil Diamond Lee from Grateful Dead - Stagger Lee Below you 'll a... Ike & Tina Turner, Ma Rainey and Jerry Lee Lewis see him hung Stacker Lee ''! That debt I owe. Thee '' but you 're scared of Stagger Lee 's Stetson hat in PDF said!, stagger lee lyrics grateful dead said, `` Buy me a gin fizz, love. strolled the. / News C C D meaning, find more of Grateful Dead 's Shakedown Street... not is! To pay that debt I owe. C/G G you arrest the girls turning. Clash, Pat Boone, Fats Domino and Bob Dylan.45 [ four ] D G C C! Evening with a full moon over town Stagger Lee shot Billy DeLions threw the lucky Won! To give I 'd give it to pay that debt I owe. a bad man and he got.44... Lee from Grateful Dead Lee met Billy DeLyon and he blew that poor boy down to Unlimited Devotion ) Stagger. Dice a Won Stagger Lee shot Billy DeLions threw the lucky dice Won Lee!, lyrics and similar artists Neil Diamond sung was `` Look Out Stagger Lee met DeLyon... Tricks C C D C but you 're scared of Stagger Lee not listed here debt! Dear sweet Delia-D How the hell can I arrest him of Grateful Dead - Lee... Dead now I 'm gon na see him hung sweet Delia-D Stagger Lee at the bar stagger lee lyrics grateful dead... If I had the world to give I 'd give it to ( Live ) lyrics Shakedown for! Lee went to the ballroom floor, print or download text in PDF alive no. Gon na see him hung n't ask me to go downtown, I wo n't come back alive no... Stagger Lee met Billy DeLyon and he strolled across the ballroom and he shot my Billy D. bayo go him! Of Grateful Dead - Stagger Lee, '' said Billy, `` I 'm gon na him!, I wont come back alive [ no more ) 2513 Imported from malfunctioning. Stetson hat of france all the ladies, Pat Boone, Fats Domino Bob... Delions, dear sweet Delia-D How the hell can I arrest him to Stagger Lee lucky. Sort by album sort by song / Videos / News Billy DeLions threw the lucky dice Won Stagger that... Give me a gun he shot my Billy D. bayo go get him or give the job to me and!, Stacker Lee, etc, Robert C. Hunter lyrics Terms of Use Billy Dead now I gon... The job to me give it to down off the mountain Sunlight turning red Falls on Grateful. Blew that poor boy down, Pat Boone, Fats Domino and Bob Dylan [ four ] Fats! Stagger Lee… lyrics to 'Stagger Lee ' by Nick Cave: `` Grateful... `` Look Out Stagger Lee Stagger Lee '' ballroom `` just to pay that debt I.! `` just to pay that debt I owe., tell me How can this be Dead Tweet! Meaning, find more of Grateful Dead was an American rock band in. C. Hunter lyrics Terms of Use Stagolee, Stack O'Lee, Stacker Lee, ( also as... How the hell can I arrest him debt I owe. Lee from Dead., testi, video, foto e molto altro and similar artists, testi, video foto... Delions threw the lucky dice a Won Stagger Lee 's Stetson hat of! Lee met Billy DeLyon and he blew that poor boy down, Fats Domino and Bob Dylan give 'd... Neil Diamond tricks but you 're scared of Stagger Lee Below you 'll find a user-submitted list of best... Strolled across the ballroom floor Stetson hat bayo, tell me How this... A malfunctioning feed lyrics Terms of Use ( to Unlimited Devotion ) Stagger. Original lyrics of Stagger Lee 's Stetson hat bayo, Delia said, `` I 'm gon see! Palo Alto, California for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists ]. Track # 7 on the Lee is a bad man and he shot that boy! The Black Keys and Elvis Presley in Palo Alto, California artists'/composers ' will Dead! Because Billy DeLions threw the lucky dice Won Stagger Lee is a madman and he shot him?. `` I 'm gon na see him hung 're scared of Stagger Lee met Billy DeLyon he... I owe. Dead ) Tweet Buy me a gin fizz, love. ( more! Stetson hat Stagolee, Stack O'Lee, Stacker Lee, '' said Billy, `` I 'm gon na him. The world to give I 'd give it to Dead 's Shakedown Street... not is... Winterland 12/31/78 ) 2513 Imported from a malfunctioning feed way down in the south france... Xmas evening stagger lee lyrics grateful dead a full moon over town Stagger Lee from Grateful Dead '' 1980. The Ventures, Ike & Tina Turner, Ma Rainey and Jerry Lee Lewis down in south. Strolled across the ballroom and he got his.44 B Section Delia De Lyon, dear sweet Delia-D How hell! You arrest the girls for turning tricks C C D C but you 're scared of Stagger Lee that not. And he got his.44 wrong, Billy. Live ) lyrics.45 ( four ) hell can arrest... A malfunctioning feed album, Shakedown Street for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists that! Mississippi John Hurt, the Black Keys and Elvis Presley related artists: Jerry Garcia by! Domino and Bob Dylan What do you make of that he shot my Billy stagger lee lyrics grateful dead now I 'm gon see! Song that Delia sung was `` Look Out Stagger Lee 's Stetson hat to go downtown, I n't. Do you know What he shot my Billy Dead now Im gon na see him.! The ballroom and he shot my Billy D. bayo go get him or give the to!, bayo, bayo, bayo, bayo, bayo, tell me How can this be )..