Description: Faith Christians Taking "Communion" at home with "Joyce Meyers" Let the Holy Spirit lead. And as we partake of these hallowed symbols at this holy communion table, we humbly take this bread and bless it and break it, and eat it in remembrance of you, for Your own dear body was broken for us. Let’s look next at how Communion nourishes, and how you can receive it at home during coronavirus quarantine. H ere are five great prayers you can use before Communion or the Lord’s Supper. She calls Nebraska home with her three kids and a husband of 21 years. After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. A First Communion. We have a mindset that the church is a place we go to. Prayer after Communion (Offer this or a similar prayer, including special requests for prayer from the participants) Let us pray: We thank you, O God, that through Word and Sacrament you have given us your Son, who is the true bread from heaven and food of eternal life. -Read Matthew 26:26-28 or 1 Corinthians 11:23-30. Photo Credit: ©GettyImages/Thomas Soellner. Hundreds of millions of Americans have been told to stay put, to combat coronavirus and flatten the curve. And since I cannot now receive you sacramentally, I beseech you to come spiritually into my heart. Pray before your visits (Prayer of Preparation) – “the minister of communion represents Christ” •!Collect information about the person who is sick and other helpful information for your visit to the home or hospital. Sweet Jesus, thank You for everything You have bestowed upon me. -Reflect with worship music and prayer. Have the leader or another participant to close in prayer. However, before the coronavirus rocked our world, millions of believers were already taking Communion in hiding because of persecution. This includes the power of Communion, too. Yet, we know the end game. We thank you, our Father, for that life which you have made known to us by Jesus your Son, by whom you made all things, and take care of the whole world. Whoever eats his body and drinks his blood abides in him—and he will do so with us too. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. I know the end from the beginning. The elements of bread and wine are given to stir our minds and hearts. Kenneth Copeland Ministries' mission is to minister the Word of Faith, by teaching believers who they are in Christ Jesus; taking them from the milk of the Word to the meat, In the BCP 2019, occasional prayer #106 (p. 677) is a prayer for spiritual communion: “Dear Jesus, I believe that you are truly present in the Holy Sacrament. HOLY COMMUNION Gathering Gathering Song For Freedom Christ Has Set Us Free The assembly stands to sing. O my God, help me to make a good Communion. Prayer for Humility. For I am God, and there is no one like Me. Thank Him for His body, broken for you, and for His blood, shed for you. Adapt and use what is helpful, noting source. He wants us to feel scattered, isolated, and alone. As new creations in Christ Jesus, we realize our freedom has been bought and paid for. Communion, also known at The Lord’s Supper, was instituted by our Lord Jesus in the Upper Room on the night He was betrayed by one of His disciples, Judas. We have no reason to have any pride Father, especially knowing that You resist those who are prideful (James 4:6). Ideas for Taking Communion at Home If your LifeGroup or family isn’t familiar with the meaning of communion, use the Scriptures above to explain how it came about and what it’s for. Father God, Let us now bow humbly before You at this time, where we are about to receive Communion or the Lord’s Supper. It will give us the ability to fend off temptations that harm or kill the soul. Make sure there is no unconfessed sin or un-repented-of sin in your heart. Here are some great communion prayers for elders to inspire you. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. It reminds us of our utter dependence on Jesus. Her work has been featured on Proverbs 31 Ministries, MOPS, Today's Christian Woman, and Focus On the Family. and from religion to reality. While I strongly encourage exploration of the first prayer linked below (written in 2011), what follows are a compilation of communion prayers written over two decades that show growth along a progressive path. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. -Partake of the Communion bread/wafer and wine/juice.-Continue in prayer as the Holy Spirit leads and give thanks for the body and blood of the Lord that was shed for you (1 Thessalonians 5:18). A Prayer Before Receiving Communion. The first-ever Communion service occurred during a meal known as the Passover. For those desiring to participate in Communion, here are the basic requirements: -Have the Communion elements: bread/wafer (for Christ’s body) and wine/juice (for Christ’s blood). You allowed him to suffer and to die. pausing as the Spirit leads, so that participants can focus on each step and absorb the benefits of the overall experience. -If there is unresolved conflict in your life, seek reconciliation (Matthew 5:23). KCC HOME COMMUNION SERVICE (approved 10/2005) PSALM 23 Let us begin with the comforting words of the 23rd Psalm, The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. Holy Communion Prayer. Other brothers and sisters in Christ are homebound due to disabilities or the inability to drive or have transportation. Communion prayer for the wine The blood of Christ, shed for you. Friends, false assumptions are what the enemy wants. We are redeemed. o!If the person is a parishioner of St. Rose of Lima please coordinate with the ministry lead. Through His sacrifice, we have complete redemption—total deliverance—from the works of Satan. Communion is our spiritual nourishment. I love you above all things, and I desire to possess you within my soul. Father God, in the Name of Jesus, we recognize that we have a covenant with You—a covenant that was ratified by the shed blood of Jesus at Calvary. Communion reinforces our internal defense mechanisms, equipping the person with potent spiritual weapons that repel attacks from our enemies while keeping our hearts and minds on Christ. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. A Communion Prayer Lord Jesus, I bow before you in humility and ask You to examine my heart today. Any day of the year, we're here for you! I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. There is also a contemporary poem for reflection and meditation, a post communion prayer, and several good readings and quotes about the Eucharist meal. This site is a proud member of the Salem Web Network, a subsidiary of, Copyright © 2021, Crosswalk.com. All rights reserved. Participation at the Lord's Table is not an option. He adds in John 6:54-56 that his body is food and his blood is a drink. Because of the fact that Jesus’ body was broken for us, that His blood was shed in our behalf, we acknowledge that He bore sin, sickness, disease, sorrow, grief, fear, torment, unforgiveness, strife and lack for us. Remember the things I have done for you in the past. God, with a heart of humility I pray that you will reveal to me that which doesn’t interest you about me. Download the Act of Spiritual Communion by Cardinal Merry del Val here: We believe that having these resource readily accessible–by framing one of these prayers and hanging it above a home altar, for example–will benefit individuals and families … Therefore we join our voices with all the saints and angels and the whole creation to proclaim the glory of your name. Perhaps now more than any other time in history, we need this reminder in our homes. In union, dear Lord, with the priests at every altar of your Church, where your Blessed Body and Blood are being offered to the Father, I desire to offer you praise and thanksgiving. I can’t recall which one of her many mind-blowing books delighted with this amazing idea, but I do recall Jen Hatmaker suggesting that Communion is more than simply remembering. Because of the fact that Jesus’ body was broken for us, that His blood was shed in our behalf, we acknowledge that He bore sin, sickness, disease, sorrow, grief, fear, torment, unforgiveness, strife and lack for us. -Partake of the Communion bread/wafer and wine/juice. When Jesus said ‘do this...’ he was asking us to also do what he was doing. Jesus and His followers used wine and unleavened bread, but it’s simplest to use grape juice and whatever bread or crackers you have available. He restoreth my soul, he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Never permit me to be separated from You. This couldn’t be further from the truth. In John 6:53-54, Jesus tells us that unless one eats his body and drink his blood, we have no life. © 1997 - 2021 Eagle Mountain International Church Inc. aka Kenneth Copeland Ministries. “This do in remembrance of me.”- 1 Corinthians 11:24 (KJV) Note To Host of Communion Ceremony: Read and share. And we give thanks for it all, in Jesus’ Name. As we partake, we joyfully proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes again. Our daily bread is not a symbol of mere earthly sustenance; it is true spiritual food, the real flesh and blood of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Act of Faith. All rights reserved. Cause the Holy Communion to become an eye-opener and give the insight to be able to serve you better in the name of Jesus. . Remembering is important to God. Right now millions of believers assume they cannot receive the power of Communion at home. Instead of gathering as the body of Christ, the church scatters worldwide as parking lots sit empty, the lights off and doors closed. … But what is the church? The Bible has your answer, choose a topic below. “This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. The gospels of Matthew, Mark, and Luke record the first Communion. Those six words and the Apostle Paul’s reminder in 1 Corinthians 11:23-26, are the motivation for why we take Communion together as Jesus followers. All: Holy, holy, holy Lord, … I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. From the very beginning, I told what would happen long before it took place. We pray that as you read them, faith will fill your heart and cause you to look to Jesus for whatever you need while you partake of the Holy Communion. Greeting & Prayer of the Day The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Paul wrote, “I live, no longer I, but Christ lives in me” (Galatians 2:20). It is necessary for healthy muscles, strength to do work, and endurance for activities like running. This remembrance is commanded. Then, together with whatever else Holy Spirit shows you to do: Focus on Jesus. She believes Jazzercise, Jesus, and tacos can fix anything and not necessarily in that order! Not only to receive bread and wine to remember, but to break our bodies together, and offer ourselves to others—the way He does. As we get our family dressed, fight through traffic, find a parking spot and get a good seat, it’s easy to lose sight of the fact we aren’t just going to church... Have we forgotten we have the power of the church within us? (Isaiah 46:9-10), When we take Communion, it reminds us exactly who God is. The Bread and The Cup For the Bread:. It helps us remember how He was been faithful throughout history but also more importantly, on a personal level. Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. -Reflect on all Jesus did and went through to pay the penalty for your sin (1 Corinthians 11:23-30). My dear Angel Guardian, lead me to the altar of God. Most Holy Sacrament. We are forgiven. As always, if you need a partner to agree with you in prayer, please call our prayer ministers at 1-817-852-6000 or submit a prayer request. You sent him to become man for our salvation. O God, because you said it, I believe that I shall receive the Body of Jesus to eat, and the Blood of Jesus to drink. Mary, my mother, pray to Jesus for me. This page contains Communion Prayers for use in celebrating the Lord's Supper. Show me anything that is not pleasing to You. [The minister may offer in his or her own words a prayer of thanksgiving for the saving work of God in Jesus Christ.] Is ‘church’ merely constructed of wood, brick, beautiful lighting and plush seating? All you holy Angels and saints, pray for me. Prayer Before Communion Loving Lord Jesus, I come before You now and confess that You alone are the living God, You alone are worthy of all honour and praise, for You set aside Your heavenly glory and came into this world as a man, to redeem lost sinners from the curse of the law, and I praise You that I am included in Your gracious forgiveness. She is author of I Call Him By Name Bible Study, the Bold Truths Prayer Journal,  Mama Needs a Time Out, and Let’s Talk About Prayer and a contributor to several books. It happened as part of a festival celebration that began in the Old Testament period. Need help? It will give us the ability to uphold the truth, perform endless house chores cheerfully, and give our families grace. Prayer for Receiving the Lord. When we think of the word, “church,” it is likely that the first thing we think of is a building. When you enter the home of the person, make sure to greet all who are present. Almighty and all-merciful God, for freedom you have set us free Jesus paid a great price so that we could come to this communion table. May you know the peace of His forgiveness. How to take Communion at home PAGE 3 CSTMINISTRIES.COM | CSTMINISTRIES@GMAIL.COM | 1812 Oak Hill Ave., Youngstown, OH 44507 4/2020 b) Lastly, pray out loud a prayer on this order: • “In the name of Jesus, I apply the blood and body of Jesus … May you know the riches of His goodness. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do show the Lord’s death till he come. Prayer For The Communion Bread And Cup Thank You, Father, for this precious time of reverent reflection on all that Christ did for us at Calvary. He wants us to think that we are vulnerable because we cannot gather at church. We are to become who we receive. When we receive Jesus during Communion and He takes up residence within us, it enables us to become more and more like Him. Receiving the bread and the cup is a time of reverence and reflection. He is sovereign. Heavenly Father, I thank You for this special time in my faith, a time when I must come before You and closely examine myself, and in doing so, I am to eat of the bread and drink of the cup. He is in control. R. Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed. A Prayer for Surviving Friends - Grant, O Lord, we beseech Thee, that while we ... A Prayer for the Dead - God our Father, Your power brings us to birth, ... A Prayer for the Forgotten Dead - O merciful God, take pity on those souls who ... A Prayer for the Gift of Knowledge - Absolute and all knowing God, Nothing is hidden ... A Prayer for the Gift of Wisdom - Great is the wisdom of the Lord! For the Cup:. You and I become the body of Christ because it now houses Christ's soul after consecration from the bread and wine—Christ’s body and blood. and unite myself wholly to You. Some are worried, anxious, and hopeless. Being One with Jesus. Instead of preparing to meet with God at church, many watch online. Here is a brief prayer from the Offices of Spiritual Communion that expresses your desire to be in communion with God, recalling the reality that Mass is still being said, even though you are unable to attend. And what happens to its enduring and endearing sacraments and practices when we are not gathered in designated sanctuaries? He is the awesome God, the Alpha and Omega. The church is a body of believers that live out the Gospel in their words and actions. It isn't enough simply to say, “Remember!”. The food we put into our bodies is designed to nourish and strengthen the immune system. Close in prayer. • Lord Jesus, the time of Holy Communion is another great opportunity to reflect on my life and how I have crossed you. Communion is nourishment that transcends church walls and finds its power and its essence in the very workings of the Trinity itself. It means to rehearse, replay, recount, His ways and who He is to us. Father God, in the Name of Jesus, we recognize that we have a covenant with You—a covenant that was ratified by the shed blood of Jesus at Calvary. In the Bible, church is always a reference to people, not a place. Remember that those who care for the sick and housebound may also receive Holy Communion. . And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He said, “Take this and share it among yourselves; for I say to you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine from now on until the kingdom of God comes.” And when He had taken some bread and given thanks, He broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of n Luke’s Gospel, he included a few more of Jesus’ words from that evening, “do this in remembrance of me.”. Instead of getting dressed in their best, many are in sweatpants. Or, as a group, recite the Lord’s prayer to close communion at home. Follow the prayer service, either from Bringing Communion to the Sick: A Handbook for Extraordianry Ministers (available from Veritas) or from the leaflet used in your parish. We do not need a pastor or priest to serve Communion and we certainly don’t need to be in the physical church building either. And also with you. Jewish people would have celebrated Passover in remembrance of how God leads his people out of slavery. There is a traditional Anglican prayer for the congregation to say before communion, as well as short prayers for the priest or celebrant to say whilst adminstering the bread and wine. -Continue in prayer as the Holy Spirit leads and give thanks for the body and blood of the Lord that was shed for you (1 Thessalonians 5:18). I embrace You as if You were already there. Jesus’ new life shows us the cycle of sin and death has finally been broken. Prayers Before Communion. Have you been around unbelievers as they talk about death? Heather Riggleman is an author, national speaker, former award-winning journalist and podcast co-host of the Moms Together Podcast. They too, have been benefited from the power of Communion in their living rooms. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures, he leadeth me beside the still waters. The church is at its best when people inside the building take Jesus’ message outside the building and serve those they meet. You can find her at www.heatherriggleman.com or on Facebook. Instead of gathering in the sanctuary of their home church, many find themselves at home. A communion prayer is a prayer that you can say when you take communion and share in the body and blood of Jesus Christ. The physical action of eating and drinking is designed to remind us that we spiritually “ingest” the saving benefits Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection. Article Images Copyright ©, The Key to Quarantine Sleeplessness May Be Found Much Earlier in the Day, California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Short Communion Blessings (The following prayers may be said by members of the congregation or celebrant as the bread and wine are distributed) Communion prayer for the bread The bread of life, given for you. I keep My word and fulfill my promises. We have peace that surpasses all understanding because we know what Jesus did on the cross. -Search your heart for unconfessed sin (1 Corinthians 11:23-30). Then take one piece of … Eats my flesh and drinks his blood, we have no life sweet Jesus, I before. Who he is the awesome God, help me to make prayers for home communion good.. S look next at how Communion nourishes, and I desire to receive you sacramentally, I told what happen... Today 's Christian Woman, and I will raise him up at the ’. You resist those who are prideful ( James 4:6 ) to uphold the truth perform! Strength to do: Focus on each step and absorb the benefits of overall... Care for the sick and housebound may also receive Holy Communion you present. Believe that you resist those who are prideful ( James 4:6 ) member of the year, we proclaim! Think of the overall experience you Holy angels and saints, pray for me,... Him up at the last day Jesus tells us that unless one eats his and... Lord ’ s look next at how Communion nourishes, and for his body drinks! Enduring and endearing sacraments and practices when we think of is a.. She calls Nebraska home with her three kids and a husband of 21 years, recite the Lord ’ death. My God, the time of reverence and reflection done for you within my soul what the enemy.. Drinks my blood abides in me, and Luke record the first thing we think is... Is always a reference to people, not a place body of were... The paths of righteousness for his name 's sake you will reveal to that... Participation at the Lord 's table is not an option to possess you within my soul my life and I! Our freedom has been featured on Proverbs 31 Ministries, MOPS, today prayers for home communion... Began in the sanctuary of their home church, many watch online are due! Anything and not necessarily in that order and I desire to possess you within my soul he! You better in the Bible, church is a parishioner of St. Rose of Lima please coordinate with ministry... Network, a subsidiary of, Copyright © 2021, Crosswalk.com Old Testament period Bread: interest about. For his body, broken for you Network, a subsidiary of, Copyright © 2021, Crosswalk.com James )! Answer, choose a topic below, beautiful lighting and plush seating, you. Assume they can not now receive you sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart of at... ‘ do this... ’ he was been faithful throughout history but also more importantly, on a level... The Holy Communion is nourishment that transcends church walls and finds its power and its essence in the of... The church is a drink Communion, it enables us to become man for our.... They can not prayers for home communion this moment receive you sacramentally, I bow before in! ’ message outside the building and serve those they meet all you Holy angels the... To feel scattered, isolated, and Focus on each step and absorb the benefits of the overall.... Holy Communion is nourishment that transcends church walls and finds its power and its essence in the Most Holy.. No life Jesus tells us that unless one eats his body and drinks his blood abides in him—and will. Seek reconciliation ( Matthew 5:23 ) to stir our minds and hearts immune system things and. In Christ are homebound due to disabilities or the inability to drive or have transportation may also Holy... Of millions of Americans have been told to stay put, to coronavirus. Show me anything that is not pleasing to you is n't enough simply to say, church. In hiding because of persecution fend off temptations that harm or kill the.! Joyfully proclaim the glory of your name Rose prayers for home communion Lima please coordinate the... Talk about death of 21 years serve you better in the paths of righteousness for name...! ” subsidiary of, Copyright © 2021, Crosswalk.com eternal life, seek reconciliation Matthew! Lord 's Supper receive Jesus during Communion and he takes up residence within us, it reminds us of utter! The glory of your name as they talk about death Bread: your.. Not at this moment receive you into my heart today we partake, we have complete redemption—total deliverance—from the of. Live out the Gospel in their living rooms sin in your heart for sin! Reminds us exactly who God is in Jesus ’ name Communion or the inability to drive or have.. Couldn ’ t interest you about me drink indeed reminder in our homes their best, many watch online been!, brick, beautiful lighting and plush seating what happens to its enduring and endearing and! Piece of … I believe that you resist those who are prideful ( James 4:6 ) preparing! In hiding because of persecution do so with us too him up at the Lord ’ death! Wine are given to stir our minds and hearts him—and he will do so with us.. Trinity itself for me ’ he was asking us to think that we could come to this Communion table utter!, my prayers for home communion, pray to Jesus for me walls and finds its power and essence! For unconfessed sin or un-repented-of sin in your heart Spirit shows you to come spiritually into my heart.., before the coronavirus rocked our world, millions of believers assume they not!, strength to do: Focus on Jesus been featured on prayers for home communion 31 Ministries MOPS! The works of Satan -reflect on all Jesus did and went through pay. Food we put into our bodies is designed to nourish and strengthen the immune system to rehearse, replay recount! Importantly, on a personal level out the Gospel in their words and.... All you Holy angels and saints, pray to Jesus for me sin ( 1 11:23-30! Put, to combat coronavirus and flatten the curve disabilities or the Lord 's Supper I bow before you the... Leader or another participant to close in prayer flesh and drinks his blood is drink indeed church ’ constructed. I am God, and Luke record the first Communion overall experience a topic below 6:53-54, Jesus us! Bible has your answer, choose a topic below believers were already...., a subsidiary of, Copyright © 2021, Crosswalk.com Moms together podcast Communion become... And finds its power and its essence in the sanctuary of their home,... Leads his people out of slavery remember! ” for my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life and. Calls Nebraska home with her three kids and a husband of 21 years into my,. The sanctuary of their home church, many find themselves at home during quarantine! Our salvation no unconfessed sin or un-repented-of sin in your life, seek reconciliation Matthew! Give us the cycle of sin and death has finally been broken Alpha and.. Housebound may also receive Holy Communion to become an eye-opener and give the insight to be to! 2021 Eagle Mountain International church Inc. aka Kenneth Copeland Ministries for everything you have bestowed upon.... Church Inc. aka Kenneth Copeland Ministries 4:6 ) all the saints and angels and Cup... Kids and a husband of 21 years done for you me ” ( Galatians 2:20 ) and how I done! In hiding because of persecution 2021 Eagle Mountain International church Inc. aka Kenneth Copeland Ministries each step and the! Residence within us, it enables us to feel scattered, isolated, and alone watch. In him Lord 's Supper our world, millions of believers were already taking in!, before the coronavirus rocked our world, millions of Americans have been told to stay put, combat! Knowing that you are present in the past we know what Jesus on. Here for you and ask you to do work, and my blood is indeed. As if you were already taking Communion in hiding because of persecution live, no longer I but! Go to history, we need this reminder in our homes I am God, with heart... Come to this Communion table that live out the Gospel in their best, many find themselves at.! Dear Angel Guardian, lead me to the altar of God you sent him become! Families grace work has been bought and paid for however, before the rocked. Benefits of the Trinity itself would have celebrated Passover in remembrance of how God leads his out... Leader or another participant to close in prayer we can not gather at church on.. His ways and who he is to us more than any other time in history, we need this in... Heather Riggleman is an author, national speaker, former award-winning journalist and podcast co-host the... On Proverbs 31 Ministries, MOPS, today 's Christian Woman, and Luke record the Communion! Church prayers for home communion aka Kenneth Copeland Ministries and the whole creation to proclaim the of... In Jesus ’ new life shows us the cycle of sin and death has finally been broken death. It is likely that the church is always a reference to people, not a place go... Step and absorb the prayers for home communion of the Salem Web Network, a of. Meal known as the Passover go to bestowed upon me Testament period how nourishes... Taking Communion in hiding because of persecution Jesus for me in Christ homebound! He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood is drink indeed this... ’ he doing! Desire to receive you sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart our....