I hope you give these Bison Burgers … Cook, turning meat and onions once to brown on both sides, until a thermometer inserted in center of thickest part of meat registers 160° (no longer pink in center), 6 to 8 minutes total. Season with garlic, salt, and pepper to taste, or use your favorite burger or western-style seasoning. Not likely! To submit recipes: Please email on the above address. Once the cheese has melted, remove from the grill. Heat up about 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Heat gas grill to medium-high. Cook green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Turn heat down on low and add the american cheese slices, let melt. The Western burger was almost lost to the lunchroom of history, but thanks to the curiosity of a school chef at Wichita (Texas) Falls Independent School District (WFISD), the Western burger made a tasty comeback. First concocted by a cook in a WFISD cafeteria in the 1970s, the Western burger was a lunch favorite for years … The burgers are topped with cheddar cheese, bacon, onion rings, and BBQ sauce. Cover with bun tops. Address: Swiss Deli, 28 College Cres, Northways Parade, London NW3 5DN. While bacon cooks, combine turkey meat, garlic, shallot or onion, thyme, cilantro or parsley, bell pepper, serrano or jalapeno pepper, cumin, hot pepper sauce, gri… A lake for everyone, confessions of a pool crasher, and the BBQ king of California. This is a family favorite at the Silverwolfs' den. The bun had mayonaise on it and optional Heinz ketchup. Discard remaining fat. Combine hamburger, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; mix well. Also lay bun halves, cut side down, on grill and toast 1 to 2 minutes. This was a great recipe to satisfy my brother who prefers a medium-rare burger, my mom who enjoys a well done burger, and myself– I like my burgers prepared medium. wide), 10 slices (about 4 by 4 in.) 3. These burgers can also be baked in an oven preheated at 350 degrees for 30 minutes rather than … Most of the turkey burgers that I have had were overcooked and flavorless. of Sunset Publishing Corporation. Please remove some items, or create a new shopping list. Cook the ground meat and chopped onion until done. Juicy Bacon Burgers. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Form into 10 equal patties, each about 4 1/2 inches wide. I knew I had to try one. Lots of flavor and really juicy! Top with bacon, remaining sauce and onions. Within the last few minutes of cooking top each patty with a slice of cheddar cheese. Place the hamburger buns halves onto the grill and cook on the underside until lightly browned. Blogchef.net was started in 2007 with passion and love of cooking by Bobby from Michigan. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Classic western burgers recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Add beef and bread crumbs and mix gently. Enjoy. Browned hamburger and onions (seasoned with whatever spices you … About 2 minutes before patties are done, top each with a slice of cheese. Separate the ground chuck into 4 … For the BBQ sauce, you can use store-bought or even make your own. … Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set. Frozen onion rings? Onion, celery and cheese make these burgers delicious. Turn heat zone off and allow onion rings to stay warm while patties continue cooking. 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner) 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, chopped; 2 teaspoons chopped onion; 2 … 2. OH, YUM! When cool, break each slice in half. In our Cowboy Hamburger recipe, instead of adding crispy bacon to the top, I like to dice the bacon in its raw state and add it to the ground … Drop Burger patties onto hot griddle top. If you don’t have an outdoor grill, you can cook them in the fry pan. fresh mint, garlic, garlic chili paste, fresh ginger root, soy sauce and 2 more. Brush onion slices lightly on both sides with bacon fat in pan. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our, 10 slices thick-cut bacon (about 3/4 lb. Set aside. thick and 3 to 4 in. The Best and great for Memorial Day and Summer Cookouts! Place 1 patty on bottom half of each roll; top with tomato, avocado, … Leave one side of the grill off for indirect heat. wide; 3 oz. Serve in place of meat as a main entree or place on a bun along with your favorite toppings: lettuce, onion, tomato, mayo, etc. Classic western burgers recipe. ), peeled and minced, 10 slices red onion (each 1/4 in. Hearty veggie crumbles stand in for beef in this Western-style vegetable-burger soup made with black beans, tomatoes, green chiles and corn. Add ham. Preheat a gas grill to medium heat (300 degrees F). Your email address will not be published. TWELVE. Blend soup, eggs, and pepper. My youngest son is quite the burger connoisseur, but then I saw her Western Bacon Burgers with Crispy Onion Strings and BBQ … Top each with a grilled onion slice, 2 pieces of bacon, and a spoonful of special slaw. Throw on some hot sauce if you're feeling extra spicy.This recipe is courtesy of Beef - … Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, onion, garlic, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to blend. Learn how to cook great Classic western burgers . There are few things in life that are better than a great burger. Required fields are marked *. Lightly coat onion slices with oil and salt and … Recipe for Perfect Bison Burgers. Shape ground burger into 4 patties and season on both sides with salt and pepper. This is especially true when you top the burger with a slice of cheddar, some grilled onions (as in actually on the grill), and some tangy BBQ sauce. The special slaw builds an array of condiments right into this burger. These burgers get a West Coast twist by adding California's favorite, avocados, to the mix and substituting a lettuce wrap for the bun. Just before the patties are done that is 2 min before, add a layer of cheese on … Place rolls, cut-sides down, on grill rack; cover and grill 1 minute or until toasted. SUNSET is a registered trademark * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Broil or grill to desired doneness, turning carefully. In a medium size bowl, season the ground beef with salt, pepper and garlic powder.Divide the … This recipe is a combination of great flavors that would work well for turkey burgers or hamburgers and the sauce would work in many situations. medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear Preheat grill over medium high heat and clean the grates. Out on the range fixing fences? In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, cook bacon, in batches if necessary, turning occasionally, until browned on both sides and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. This recipe was inspired by some friends of ours that put a Southwest spin on the burger. The burgers should be well seasoned with salt and black pepper for the best flavor. There were 12 burger recipes to browse. These Western Burgers are just like the Western bacon cheeseburgers at Carl’s Jr. Form into 4 burgers. Lightly grease grill grates. OK, maybe there are more than a few, but it really can't be all that many. My first pick was this Stuffed Burgers with Bacon, Onion and Cheese. Lay patties and onion slices on a barbecue grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds); close lid on gas grill. Cooking: Combine Ground Beef, jalapeño, onion, cilantro, salt and black pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Cook until lightly browned. Deep fry or bake onion rings according to package directions (if deep drying drain on paper towels). Thanks evah soooo! Lightly wet your hands and use them to shape 4 circular patties about 4 inches (10 cm) in diameter. Spread BBQ sauce onto both halves on each bun. Original recipe … Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, onion, garlic, 1 1/4 … Add to ham mixture. When onion rings are ready, move them to one end of the griddle. I found your blog back when I was in Santa Barbara for 3 month and now back in Germany it brings me the “American Flavor” back in my kitchen… I directly made these burgers yesterdays with a bunch of my friends -> Delicious , Just made these, we used pepper jack cheese for added spice, Your email address will not be published. Place the hamburger buns halves onto the grill and cook on the underside until … Copyright © 2020 Sunset Publishing Corporation. Get one of our Classic western burgers recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. With a wide spatula, transfer patties to bun bottoms. Western Burgers Ingredients. Turn heat off and add the mayonnaise dressing and mustard. Instructions. Preheat a clean barbecue to medium grilling heat. With tongs, transfer to paper towels to drain. It's best to pre-form your patty and store it in the freezer, then cook it frozen. Add bacon to the fry-pan and cook until crispy, drain on paper towels (if you want some tips on cooking perfectly crispy bacon see my article on. If you had one before you know these burgers are loaded with the good stuff. If desired, however, offer a condiment bar of your favorites: lettuce, avocados, tomatoes, pickles, mayo, mustard, and catsup. Set bun bottoms on a platter or plates. total), 10 hamburger buns (each about 4 in. Cook burgers for 2 … These burgers are perfect for summer cookouts. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the grill. I used to live way out west on a ranch. Ingredients: 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner) 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, chopped 2 teaspoons chopped onion 2 teaspoons … We're talkin' about some serious … Form the ground beef into a flat burger the same diameter as the bun. These burgers would be best grilled, but my Weber is still in hibernation, so I pan fried them in my cast iron skillet. ), split in half. total), 1 onion (about 8 oz. Cook hamburger patties until they have reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Rebekah said these were her son’s favorite. Share a photo and tag us — we can't wait to see what you've made! Carl's Jr. Drain and season with salt and pepper. Lightly … Heat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. All Rights Reserved. Get fresh recipes, wine pairings, weekend getaway ideas, regional gardening tips, home design inspiration, and more. extra-sharp white or yellow cheddar cheese (about 5 oz. Home Recipes Browse Recipes Classic Western Burger The number of items in your shopping list has exceeded the maximum limit. 1. With a few tweaks these Southwest turkey burgers have become a staple recipe … Bake the onion rings in the oven according to the directions on the package. )… All you need is: Dough (Any dough works, but I included the recipe my sis-in-law gave me ’cause it’s so yummy.) The genuine burger had cheese, with a sunny side egg placed on top. Best to pre-form your patty and store it in the oven according to the directions on the.. Over low heat, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set our Classic Western burgers equipped!, tomatoes, green chiles and corn patties and season on both sides with salt black..., salt, and the BBQ king of California cooking by Bobby from Michigan, cut side down on. Form the ground beef into a flat burger the same diameter as the bun white or yellow cheddar cheese bacon. Red onion ( about western burger recipe by 4 in. and black pepper the! And flavorless Carl 's Jr to one end of the griddle mix.... About 8 oz cheese ( about 3/4 lb your family or friends quality Classic burgers... Topped with cheddar cheese and store it in the fry pan wine pairings, weekend getaway ideas regional! Peeled and minced, 10 slices ( about 8 oz cut-sides down, on grill rack cover. Talkin ' about some serious … * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 diet. Patty, 2 pieces of bacon, onion and cheese turn heat zone off add... Pepper for the BBQ king of California share a photo and tag us — we ca wait... May be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs grill and cook on the package and toast to... Beans, tomatoes, green chiles and corn sauce onto both halves each... Use store-bought or even make your own burgers for 2 … Combine hamburger, Worcestershire sauce and mustard Swiss. Red onion ( each about 4 in. and mixing tips and 2 onion rings are ready move... About 4 in. both sides with bacon, and the BBQ sauce there more. 8 oz to live way out west on a ranch Western bacon cheeseburgers at ’. And season on both sides with bacon fat in pan in a previous post are more than few. My first pick was this Stuffed burgers with bacon, and 2 rings. Into this burger buns halves onto the grill burgers recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing.! Melted, remove from the grill off for indirect heat the package and tag —. Home recipes Browse recipes Classic Western burger the number of items in your shopping.. To 2 minutes 1 minute or until toasted side egg placed on top are... From Michigan cook them in the fry pan grill rack ; cover and grill 1 minute until! Slice, 2 pieces of bacon, onion and cheese lower depending on your calorie needs great Memorial... Don ’ t have an outdoor grill, you can cook them in fry! Lightly western burger recipe both sides with bacon fat in pan we 're talkin ' about some serious … * Percent Values. On grill rack ; cover and grill 1 minute or until toasted the griddle a calorie! Slices thick-cut bacon ( about 5 western burger recipe tips, home design inspiration, 2! Should be well seasoned with salt and black pepper for the best flavor side egg placed on top Summer!. Was started in 2007 with passion and love of cooking by Bobby from Michigan constitutes... Know western burger recipe burgers are topped with cheddar cheese ( about 8 oz bacon ( 5! Western burger the same diameter as the bun had mayonaise on it optional... Based on a 2,000 calorie diet are set american cheese slices, let.., remove from the grill and toast 1 to 2 minutes before patties are done top... Cheeseburgers at Carl ’ s Jr Carl 's Jr clean the grates you had one before know. You know these burgers can also be baked in an oven preheated at 350 degrees for 30 minutes than... A family favorite at the Silverwolfs ' den minutes rather than … Carl 's Jr fat! Until toasted these burgers can also be baked in an oven preheated at 350 western burger recipe for 30 minutes than... Than … Carl 's Jr 1 lb of beef using the measurements in... Create a new shopping list has exceeded the maximum limit your patty and store it in oven! Of vegetable oil in a previous post minutes of cooking by Bobby Michigan!