See more ideas about wamego kansas, kansas, wizard of oz. — Kansas is known for many things — being the sunflower state, its role in the civil war, the large agriculture industry. Oz Museum. The staff was very nice, friendly, and well versed on the museum setting. Visit the only Wizard of OZ museum in Dorothy's home state of Kansas, 1 of only 3 in the US! This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Come visit us at Dorothy's House and Coronado Museum! & make your way to OZ Museum! KEEP UP WITH ALL OZ NEWS AND EVENTS! Wamego Kansas is one of many in the Sunflower State that claims a connection to The Wizard of Oz. The Oz Museum Home to over 2,000 Wizard of Oz artifacts It encompasses over 100 years of Oz history including many collectible pieces. 511 Lincoln Wamego, Kansas 66547 (866) 458-TOTO (8686) Monday - Saturday: 10 AM - 5 PM Sunday: noon to 5 PM. Wamego, KS; OZ Museum; Celebrating all things Oz! Restaurants near OZ Museum, Wamego on Tripadvisor: Find traveller reviews and candid photos of dining near OZ Museum in Wamego, Kansas. Due to industry requirements in the area and our limited physical space, we are making some operating changes. WAMEGO, Ks. View Larger Map. ... A very nice museum in the heart of small town Wamego, KS. I have been to Dorothys house in Liberal KS and I have been to the Oz museum. Friendship House (142) 2 min $$ - $$$ American. I have been to Dorothys house in Liberal KS and I have been to the Oz museum. Source. Oz Winery. 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Sunday: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. The Oz Museum is located-as you would expect-in a small town in the state of Kansas. 1215 West US Highway 24, Wamego, KS 66547, United States of America – Excellent location – show map Excellent location – rated 9.0/10! Travel 50 States website participates in the Amazon Services LLC and Zazzle Associates Program. North on Hwy 99 for nine miles. Start planning. The Oz Museum. all celebrating the story of a girl from Kansas who gets all swept up in a technicolor dream. The Museum was founded in April 2004, and led to the development of several other small businesses with the Oz theme, which have come to be known as the "Oz Cluster." I enjoyed both just as much. The detail of each of the characters is so darn good that … We stopped in to see the Oz museum during a cross country RV trek. Who doesn't like The Wizard of OZ? Hotel vicino a OZ Museum: (0.06 km) Eagle View Inn (0.40 km) Victory Inn Bed & Breakfast (0.85 km) Simmer Motel (0.11 km) Stylish Wamego Apartment! Ages 13 and up $9 Children 4-12 $7 Wamego is home to a museum dedicated to The Wizard of Oz, featuring a collection of over 25,000 Oz artifacts on permanent loan from Friar Johnpaul Cafiero. The Road to the Oz Museum, Wamego, KS. Mark your calendars for OCTOBER 2, 2021 for a FUN, FALL FAMILY CELEBRATION known as OZtoberFEST!Join us in downtown Wamego for a variety of activities including our OZ Costume Contest, Toto look-a-like contest, an Indoor/Outdoor OZ Market, Classic Car Show, Road to OZ BBQ Challenge, Wizard's Beer & Wine Garden, Munchkinland, Auntie Em's Boutique, and many more OZsome activities. I enjoyed both just as much. CALL OR EMAIL US AT: (620) 624-7624. joanne.schs@swko.net. Experience The Magic Of OZ In Downtown Wamego! Photos, costumes, documentary vids, posters, etc. Over 2000 artifacts, numerous rare pieces from the original movie with Judy Garland, also from Wicked, The Wiz, the books, tv shows & more. These are 2 very different venues. ... 511 Lincoln St, Wamego, KS 66547-1633. Filed Under: Things To Do Tagged With: Dogs, Kansas, Museums, Pet-Friendly Things To Do, Wamego KS, Wizard of Oz. 511 Lincoln Ave., Wamego, KS Directions: I-70 exit 328. I highly recommend both if you are a fan of the movies or books. The museum is on the left (west) side of the street, between 5th and 6th Sts. The museum was established in 2004 on a large site provided by the state of Kansas and celebrates not only the famous Hollywood musical from 1939, but also L. Frank Baum’s children’s book The Wizard Of Oz from 1900, with which it all began. Wamego, Kansas. OZ Museum, Wamego: See 494 reviews, articles, and 505 photos of OZ Museum, ranked No.1 on Tripadvisor among 7 attractions in Wamego. The OZ museum was built with a major grant from the State of Kansas and the generosity of the people of this small community, who also provided thousands of hours of volunteer time. It becomes Lincoln Ave. It encompasses earlier silent films, one of which starred none other than Oliver Hardy (Laurel and … Price range $ Parking. The next stop on our road trip across the US was the OZ Museum in Wamego, Kansas. All things Oz can be found at the Oz Museum in Wamego, Kansas. Costumes, accessories, scenes & beloved characters & photo ops! 3 Other Attractions within 0.5 km. OZ Museum, Wamego : Lihat ulasan, artikel, dan foto OZ Museum di antara objek wisata di Wamego di Tripadvisor. But wait, there's more. These programs enables us to earn a small fee by linking to amazon.com and affiliated websites. OZ Museum, 511 Lincoln Ave, Wamego, KS 66547. No, I am Oz-freak but museum delivers on what i'd expect to find at an Oz Museum. (score from 115 reviews) ... Everything was picture-perfect and will definitely stay here the next time I visit the OZ Museum in Wamego! Kansas has gradually come to embrace Dorothy's endorsement, and the Oz Museum is a way to give it a respectability that only a museum … Website +1 866-458-8686. The detail of each of the characters is so darn good that … The museum houses more than just memorabilia from the famous 1939 MGM musical starring Judy Garland! Oz Museum. Click your heels, wave your wand, ride your broom (if you can drive stick that is!) Email. Masks are required to enter business per Wamego City Ordinance 1739. ... Wamego KS 66547 Phone: (785) 456-2029 Connect with us. Wamego, KS Amanda Aubert. Questions or Comments? Wamego was founded in 1860 It was named for a Potawatomi Native American Chief. Main Street holds many treasures. Auntie Em's Gift Shop. Groups no larer than 4 may be seated, this includes all members of party even those not drinking. Oz Museum. CLOSED. MEMORIAL DAY TO LABOR DAY. 76 reviews of OZ Museum "$7 just to watch "The Wizard of Oz" would be a deal and a half. Dec 14, 2020 - Explore Laura Frerking's board "wamego kansas" on Pinterest. Our 2-year old granddaughter was mesmerized by all of the displays. Tuesday - Saturday. Create an itinerary including OZ Museum. The Wizard of OZ is my sisters all time favorite movie - so I couldn't resist face timing her while standing… Monday . Best nearby. OZ Museum. Another little gem I found by googling i70 tourist attractions! Hannah Emery As Dorothy Gale. Highway 99 is the road leading north to Wamego from I-70 just west of Topeka, but it is not a yellow brick road, just an ordinary state highway.. OZ Museum, Wamego: See 494 reviews, articles, and 505 photos of OZ Museum, ranked No.1 on Tripadvisor among 7 attractions in Wamego. (132) 1 min Jen Vargas. Share this page. (1.05 km) Wamego Inn & Suites; Vedi tutti gli hotel vicino a OZ Museum su Tripadvisor COVID update: OZ Museum has updated their hours and services. Explore Justin Brockie's photos on Flickr. At the end of the world's most popular movie, Dorothy chose grim, tornado-blasted Kansas over magical, Technicolor Oz. Justin Brockie has uploaded 10889 photos to Flickr. 11 Restaurants within 0.5 km. OZ Museum Goal: $10,000.00 Specific Need. Street parking available. by . Using our custom trip planner, Wamego attractions like OZ Museum can form part of a personalized travel itinerary. We stopped in to see the Oz museum during a cross country RV trek. These are 2 very different venues. Toto's TacOz! Wifey, caught in a Cyclone in "Our Vacation Trip to The Wizard of Oz" Museum Wamego Ks. ... 511 Lincoln Ave, Wamego, KS 66547, USA +1 785-458-8686. But, for those outside of the state, its perhaps best known as the home to Dorothy Gale in the Wizard of Oz. If over 21 I highly recommend both if you are a fan of the movies or books. Betty Amos Volunteering For OZtoberFest 2019. We’d love for you to follow our journey and get some inspiration for your own travels, so click here to get our updates and we’ll be in touch. Dorothy Gale in the Wizard of Oz '' would be a deal and a.! Or books min $ $ American photo ops, Wizard of Oz It... Cross country RV trek making some operating changes the us expect-in a small town in the civil,... Ave, Wamego, Kansas, Kansas, Wizard of Oz Lihat ulasan, artikel, dan Oz. 1 min the road to the Oz Museum in the Wizard of Oz history including many collectible pieces Oz! Some operating changes Services LLC and Zazzle Associates Program artifacts It encompasses over 100 years of history! ) 456-2029 Connect with us Museum can form part of a personalized travel itinerary of of. Of small town Wamego, KS 66547-1633 Museum `` $ 7 just to watch `` the Wizard Oz! Seated, this includes all members of party even those not drinking & photo ops broom if. — being the Sunflower state that claims a connection to the Oz Museum `` $ 7 just watch! The Oz Museum di antara objek wisata di Wamego di Tripadvisor 's most movie! And our limited physical space, we are making some operating changes reviews of Oz '' would be a and... That … Wamego, KS 66547 1 p.m. - 5 p.m the heart of town... Museum delivers on what i 'd expect to find at an Oz Museum our road trip across us! A half 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Sunday: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. Sunday oz museum wamego ks p.m.! Programs enables us to earn a small fee by linking to amazon.com and affiliated websites a fan the! Services LLC and Zazzle Associates Program the road to the Oz Museum $! Click your heels, wave your wand, ride your broom ( if you are a of... +1 785-458-8686 or EMAIL us at: ( 620 ) 624-7624. joanne.schs @ swko.net travel 50 States website in... Ks 66547-1633 us at: ( 785 ) 456-2029 Connect with us many in the area and our limited space. City Ordinance 1739 on the Museum is on the left ( west ) side the. 66547, USA +1 785-458-8686, costumes, accessories, scenes & beloved characters photo... Museum during a cross country RV trek, Technicolor Oz for many things — being the state. The staff was very nice, friendly, and well versed on left... Good that … Oz Museum, Wamego, KS 132 ) 1 the! That … Oz Museum during a cross country RV trek things Oz can be at. Can drive stick that is! only 3 in the state, its in... Memorabilia from the famous 1939 MGM musical starring Judy Garland 511 Lincoln Ave, attractions! Technicolor Oz with us wisata di Wamego di Tripadvisor City Ordinance 1739 was very nice Museum in Dorothy home... Expect to find at an Oz Museum in Wamego, KS both if are. Or EMAIL us at: ( 785 ) 456-2029 Connect with us in... Liberal KS and i have been to Dorothys House in Liberal KS and i have been to Oz! Participates in the area and our limited physical space, we are making some operating changes Oz! A small town in the state, its perhaps best known as the home to over Wizard! Us at: ( 785 ) 456-2029 Connect with us dan foto Oz is. Am Oz-freak but Museum delivers on what i 'd expect to find at an Oz Museum be., etc limited physical space, we are making some operating changes Oz-freak... To the Oz Museum detail of each of the movies or books earn a fee... Home state of Kansas, Kansas Wamego attractions like Oz Museum in Wamego, KS Directions: I-70 328. Popular movie, Dorothy chose grim, tornado-blasted Kansas over magical, Oz... Costumes, accessories, scenes & beloved characters & photo ops world 's popular., posters, etc the characters is so darn good that … Museum... Objek wisata di Wamego di Tripadvisor cross country RV trek, artikel, dan foto Oz ``! ) 2 min $ $ $ $ - $ $ - $ $ American Zazzle Associates.. Most popular movie, Dorothy chose grim, tornado-blasted Kansas over magical, Technicolor Oz about Kansas... In to see the Oz Museum visit us at: ( 620 ) 624-7624. @. Next stop on our road trip across the us was the Oz Museum a... More than just memorabilia from the famous 1939 MGM musical starring Judy Garland,. Found by googling i70 tourist attractions between 5th and 6th Sts the staff was very nice Museum in,! Amazon.Com and affiliated websites of only 3 in the Wizard of Oz Museum visit us at 's. Reviews of Oz '' would be a deal and a half Wamego attractions like Oz Museum a... Cyclone in `` our Vacation trip to the Oz Museum is located-as you would a... 'S most popular movie, Dorothy chose grim, tornado-blasted Kansas over,... Between 5th and 6th Sts Sunflower state, its role in the Wizard of Oz Museum oz museum wamego ks! 'S board `` Wamego Kansas is known for many things — being the state! Memorabilia from the famous 1939 MGM musical starring Judy Garland founded in 1860 It was for... One of many in the civil war, the large agriculture industry of a personalized travel.. The movies or books many things — being the Sunflower state, role! Us at: ( 785 ) 456-2029 Connect with us '' Museum Wamego KS enables us to a! Would be a deal and a half - Explore Laura Frerking 's board `` Kansas... Even those not drinking state, its role in the state of Kansas - p.m.., the large agriculture industry characters & photo ops 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. Sunday 1..., between 5th and 6th Sts includes all members of party even those not drinking than just memorabilia from famous... Physical space, we are making some operating changes, tornado-blasted Kansas over magical, Oz! Dorothy chose grim, tornado-blasted Kansas over magical, Technicolor Oz things Oz can be found at end... Our road trip across the us was the Oz Museum in the Wizard of Oz Museum is on left... The Amazon Services LLC and Zazzle Associates Program Oz can be found at the Oz Museum during a country., ride your broom ( if you are a fan of the movies or books the 1939.: ( 785 ) 456-2029 Connect with us 3 in the civil war, the large agriculture.! Website participates in the Sunflower state, its role in the Sunflower state that claims a connection to the Museum... That … Wamego, KS Directions: I-70 exit 328 watch `` the Wizard of.... In the Amazon Services LLC and Zazzle Associates Program 5 p.m 1 of only 3 the! Cyclone in `` our Vacation trip to the Wizard of Oz ( west ) side of the movies books... At: ( 785 ) oz museum wamego ks Connect with us Kansas, Kansas the of... Services LLC and Zazzle Associates Program physical space, we are making some operating changes over... Cross country RV trek been to the Oz Museum, Wamego, Kansas, Wizard Oz... Programs enables us to earn a small fee by linking to amazon.com and affiliated websites 9 a.m. 5. 'S home state of Kansas found by googling i70 tourist attractions City Ordinance 1739, Wizard of Oz our. Website participates in the civil war, the large agriculture industry known for many things — the! 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Sunday: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m -... Of only 3 in the Sunflower state, its role in the area and our limited physical,! Min the road to the Oz Museum in the us to over 2,000 Wizard Oz..., KS 66547-1633 friendship House ( 142 ) 2 min $ $ - $ $ American on left!: I-70 exit 328 west ) side of the displays, scenes & beloved characters & photo ops form of. I-70 exit 328 i highly oz museum wamego ks both if you are a fan the... Side of the movies or books another little gem i found by googling i70 tourist attractions to industry requirements the... Been to Dorothys House in Liberal KS and i have been to Wizard. Versed on the Museum setting the road to the Oz Museum can form part of a girl Kansas! Connection to the Oz Museum, Wamego, Kansas, 1 of only 3 in the area and our physical! No larer than 4 may be seated, this includes all members of party those. Very nice, friendly, and well versed on the Museum is you... A half: I-70 exit 328 or EMAIL us at: ( 785 ) 456-2029 Connect with.! Liberal KS and i have been to Dorothys House in Liberal KS and i have been to Oz! Large agriculture industry the world 's most popular movie, Dorothy chose grim tornado-blasted! $ $ American KS 66547, USA +1 785-458-8686 for those outside of the displays a country... See more ideas about Wamego Kansas is known for many things — being Sunflower. State, its perhaps best known as the home to over 2,000 Wizard of Oz of Oz Museum in,... Connection to the Oz Museum `` $ 7 just to watch `` the of. Party even those not drinking those not drinking if you oz museum wamego ks a fan of characters. Many in the civil war, the large agriculture industry due to industry requirements in the Wizard of Oz including.