(Use more or less of all these ingredients, as desired. Then the leftovers can be stored in separate containers and used to make up another burrito bowl when you need it. Give it a try and let us know what you think! Download the Forks Over Knives App and get 400 whole-food, plant-based dishes at your fingertips. You don’t even need a grill or corn on the cob to do it! She also has the knowledge to write recipes using the most nutritious, fresh, and balanced ingredients. This process not only adds an appealing color to the corn, but it also increases its caramel-like sweetness. Dec 12, 2019 - Our protein-packed Plant-Based Burrito Bowl recipe is loaded up with black beans, brown rice, corn, jalapenos, avocado, romaine lettuce, cilantro, and lime. This recipe is a little spiced up with the optional addition of … In a large serving bowl, place the charred corn, beans, rice, jalapenos, salsa, and lettuce in their own sections. Required fields are marked *, facebook twitter instagram pinterest youtube RSS Feed, Copyright © 2020SkinnyMs. Drizzle with roasted red pepper dressing and toss to combine. Our chefs add delicious new plant-based recipes every week to keep mealtime exciting and satisfying. Grilled Kale & Quinoa Potato Bun Burger w/ Pesto Mayo, Tomato & Arugula. Instructions. Halve lime(s), juice one half (1 lime), and cut half (1 lime) into wedges. Prepare the remaining ingredients and place each in an individual bowl for serving. Burrito bowls are a hardcore staple in my diet. What goes in a vegan burrito bowl? In a medium bowl, add the corn kernels, sliced scallion, halved tomatoes, and lime juice. In a small skillet, heat the olive oil on high heat. Step 1. Charred corn, seasoned black beans, creamy avocado, tangy pico de gallo, cilantro-lime rice—every bite of this burrito in a bowl is a delicious surprise. Add chili powder, cumin, turmeric, and cayenne pepper (if using); cook and stir 1 minute more. This bowl is also pretty inexpensive to make, too. This recipe was republished with permission from Rachel Ama. But this Plant-Based Burrito Bowl proves that you can have a satisfying meal without involving any meat or dairy. Here are 15 delicious, high-protein vegan burrito and burrito bowl recipes from our Food Monster App to help you get creative with your lunches and dinners! ). Step 2. Spoon some of the cooked grains over the chips, followed by some of the beans, then layer on the rest of the toppings: lettuce or kale, tomatoes, onions, corn, and avocado. Break a handful of the chips into pieces in the bottom of each serving bowl. Grains: If you have leftover grains and beans in your refrigerator, this can be a really fast meal. Make it on a Sunday and build the meal-prep bowls for the week. And it’s super customizable, too, so don’t worry if you don’t have all the … This is my blog where I share delicious plant based recipes … Advertisement 1. A $5 dinner that’s less than 500 calories? Use it as a filling for stuffed peppers or enchiladas or (obviously) a burrito. Burrito's should be a staple in everyones diet! Keep it simple, or go all out and load your burrito bowl with all the fixings! You might think you’ll miss the meat, but this Plant-Based Burrito Bowl has enough protein and fiber to fill you up and keep you satiated for hours. Eat it with a fork or scoop it up with tortilla chips. Top with the salsa. Garnish and serve: For even more flavor, top the burrito bowls with cheese, fresh cilantro, lime wedges, and sour cream. A Mexican-inspired plant-based dish that can easily be used as the filling of a delicious breakfast burrito. In a pot, bring the water and salt to a boil. Those ingredients come together to create the perfect “dressing” for a Plant-Based Burrito Bowl with little to no effort! Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, healthy plant-based lifestyle. Jul 27, 2019 - This black bean burrito bowl is an easy and healthy vegan bowl perfect for a quick and nutritious lunch or dinner. Nichole has a culinary degree from Great Lakes Culinary Institute and has worked in the culinary industry for 10 years. Get inspired! Thinly slice the scallion. Simply heat a small skillet until it’s almost smoking. 2 tablespoons avocado mashed. Making a Quick Plant-based Burrito Bowl While much of what I cook is simple, certain recipes take more time than others. Why This is The Best Vegan Burrito Recipe. This homemade vegan burrito bowl includes: Black beans: Since this recipe is plant-based, black beans are used as the main source of protein. 2 Beetroot & Bean Burger patties ... more recipes with Beetroot & Bean Burger. Once you’ve cooked the rice, this Plant-Based Burrito Bowl recipe takes less than 10 minutes to throw together. I serve this in 8-inch “pasta” bowls, so there is plenty of room for all of the ingredients, making it a no-cook, one-dish meal. Choose from any of your favorites: rice, quinoa, buckwheat, etc. Roasted sweet potato is piled on top, flavored with cumin, chili powder, and garlic. This is often due to needing to chop a lot of vegetables. Vegetarian food is known to be easier to digest and these 25 easy, plant-based, vegan burrito recipes are delicious, innovative, clean and really light on your stomach. Looking for tasty new plant-based recipes? Place the avocado mixture in the center and sprinkle the cilantro on top. By continuing to browse our site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Getting started on a plant-based diet or looking to refresh your eating habits? Even vegetarians can’t see themselves without cream or cheese from time to time. Discover hundreds of chef-created whole-food, plant-based recipes, updated weekly. Eat it over greens as a salad or pile into a tortilla for a taco. Oct 6, 2014. Every recipe you need to host a healthy holiday meal this year. INGREDIENTS. Nichole enjoys creating healthy and tasty recipes anyone can prepare, no matter their cooking skill level. It’s packed full of protein to fill you up, and it has plenty of fiber to keep you feeling full for hours afterward. When you cook “pulled” jackfruit, you can use it as a plant-based replacement for carnitas or barbacoa so it works great in this burrito bowl.Canned young jackfruit has a very neutral flavor just like tofu so it absorbs whatever seasoning or marinade you use. Hi Janice, for this recipe you do not need to season or add anything to the black beans. How to Make a Vegetarian Burrito Bowl. creating vegan recipes that everyone will love, The Best and Easiest Glazed Ham Recipe for the Holidays. Add the veggies: Stir in the black beans and corn. 0/5 (0 Reviews) Made with. Then, add the corn and cook it (stirring often) for about two to three minutes. Eaten warm or cold, this simple burrito bowl is a tasty, satisfying treat! Directions: Sauté half of the garlic in 1/2 Tbsp olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat and add the potatoes and bell pepper. Optional: Serve with a side of corn tortilla chips. Aug 26, 2019 - Our protein-packed Plant-Based Burrito Bowl recipe is loaded up with black beans, brown rice, corn, jalapenos, avocado, romaine lettuce, cilantro, and lime. The separate elements can be stored in the fridge for around 3 days with no issues. Beans contain a wide range of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients. Add a pinch of salt and toss the corn salsa to combine. find this product in a shop near you . Build the burrito bowls: to a bowl add greens, wild rice, roasted sweet potato, corn, pico de gallo, cooked tempeh, red onion, jalapeno, avocado, and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro. Rich, hearty, and exploding with veggie goodness. And it’s super customizable, too, so don’t worry if you don’t have all the ingredients on-hand. By Heather McDougall, This bowl is full of healthy grains, protein, vegetables, and cheesy flavors- a perfect combination of ingredients will leave you wanting more. ingredients. I vary the beans, and also the veggies and salsa, so the meal is different every time I serve it. Combine the avocado and lime juice in a small bowl, mix well and set aside. Not only is this burrito bowl a fabulous recipe to make right now but it is one of my absolute favorite meal-prep meals too. It will taste good no matter what you do to it, so have some fun with it! Your family will think they are at a street food festival when you serve these flavor-filled, meatless, burrito … ... Sweet Potato & Kidney Bean Vegan Breakfast Bowl. Cover and cook for 18 minutes. You have been successfully subscribed. This plant-based burrito bowl is the perfect, no-fuss Valentine’s Day dinner! Forks Over Knives’ online cooking course will help you learn new techniques, flavors, and skills to live your very best life. Zesty with lime juice and seasoned to perfection, this fresh version will have you coming back for more. The only element of these burrito … There are so many ways to make a burrito bowl at home, but this recipe uses classic ingredients. This Easy Vegan Mexican Burrito Bowl has the flavors mixed of a burrito and taco. Flavorful 30-minute burrito bowls made with seasoned cauliflower rice, black beans, grilled peppers and onions, and guacamole! Plant Based Burrito … Heather McDougall is the director of the McDougall Program in Santa Rosa, California. The recipes included will make enough for at least 4 healthy meals, whether it’s lunch or dinner. Add the lettuce leaves, tomato and cucumber. All Rights Reserved Privacy Policy Terms Disclaimer Sitemap. Add a teaspoon of sambal oelek and some fresh coriander leaves if desired. Your email address will not be published. Preparation Rice. Quinoa is a great source of protein on a plant based diet and a great way to bulk up a meal and offer you longer lasting energy. Sign me up! Once very hot, almost smoking, add the corn and cook stirring often until the corn begins to char. This should only take about 2 or 3 minutes. Plant-based doesn’t have to be boring! Simply toss in your favorite vegetables and feel free to swap-in quinoa or cauliflower rice for the brown rice. So today I show you how to make this high protein but insanely delicious burrito and burrito bowl at home. 1/4 cup corn kernels frozen or canned. They’re worried they’ll miss the texture and flavor of off-limits foods, and I don’t blame them! The basic ingredients of what goes into a burrito bowl is black beans, corn and a cilantro lime quinoa. Mix chili powder, dried onion, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne, and paprika in a bowl and set aside. And it’s not all about the nutritional value of this bowl, either. Place onions in a non stick pan and cook until fragrant. Recipe. Choose from any of your favorites: rice, quinoa, buckwheat, etc. You can learn more about how we use cookies to improve your experience here. Once you’ve cooked the rice, this Plant-Based Burrito Bowl recipe takes less than 10 minutes to throw together. This vegan burrito bowl recipe is really versatile. To assemble the burrito bowls, arrange a scoop of warm Mexican beans and a scoop of rice in each bowl. 1/2 teaspoon lime juice. What do you put in a burrito bowl? Charring the corn adds an incredible depth of flavor to this dish, and it’s actually pretty easy to do. Cook for 9-10 minutes over medium heat and add a little more oil if need be. At SkinnyMs, we have so much fun creating vegan recipes that everyone will love (including those of you who are serious omnivores). Burrito bowls are a really easy way to throw things together in a bowl and just enjoy the delicious goodness. Top with the guacamole and cashew sour cream. This plant-based recipe is filling and satisfying without the use of any meat or animal products. Juicy tomatoes, crisp red onion, and spicy jalapeños are diced up to make a picture perfect pico de gallo here. In a large bowl, make a bed of lettuce and layer the ingredients you desire for your burrito bowl… This is our latest favorite meal, often enjoyed outside on our deck on a warm evening. Grains: If you have leftover grains and beans in your refrigerator, this can be a really fast meal. Check out this delicious plant-based burrito bowl by SkinnyMS . Published: August 12, 2019 Last Updated: February 26, 2020. Skip those expensive glazed hams and make your own instead! Making a few plant-based meals a week is a great way to save money in addition to consuming nutrient-dense, healthy ingredients. Heather also develops healthy, family-friendly recipes for the McDougall Newsletter. Create a FREE account for quick & easy access. Chips: Read labels carefully to find baked chips without added fat, or make your own chips from soft corn tortillas: Cut them into wedges, spritz with water, and bake at 300 degrees until crisp. Beans: You can slow-cook your own beans, cook them in a pressure cooker in a fraction of the time, or use canned beans (which come in many varieties, make less heat in your kitchen in the summer, and reduce your time over the stove). Add the rice and stir with a wooden spoon. Avocado Black Beans Brown Rice Cilantro Corn Jalapeno Lime Juice Olive Oil Plant-Based Quick & Easy Romaine Lettuce Salsa. 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. In a large saucepan cook onion in vegetable broth over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add the grains: Stir in the rice and simmer. Plant-Based Burrito Bowl Recipe. Hello – do you have any recipes to season the black beans? Download our practical guide to long-term success. You'll enjoy digging into the variety of textures in this yummy burrito bowl. It’s all about combining a few secret ingredients to create something unforgettable. *Ready in time is based on using pre-cooked beans, grains, and chips; otherwise longer. Halve the grape tomatoes. You’ll want to dig right into this vegetable packed burrito bowl! Your email address will not be published. This plant-based burrito bowl is not of lack in any department, delivering on every level. From there, combining that charred corn with a touch of lime juice, your favorite plant-based salsa, spicy jalapeño bits, and fresh chopped cilantro takes everything to the next level. You’ll notice a charred – but not burnt – characteristic to the kernels. Since having my daughter and eating more plant-based, I decided to try and make it at home. When we made our test batches, the ingredients cost around $5 (and that left us plenty for leftovers, too). A simple bean veggie burrito bowl was my GO-TO order. That’s why I get so excited about recipes like this Plant-Based Burrito Bowl. This recipe is about as close as you can get without using real cheese and a pound of oil. It’s not uncommon for people to be afraid of trying vegan or plant-based diets. Notes: Chips: Read labels carefully to find baked chips without added fat, or make your own chips from soft corn tortillas: Cut them into wedges, spritz with water, and bake at 300 degrees until crisp. It tastes so good, you’ll find yourself craving it again and again! To make this homemade burrito bowl recipe, simply: Make the flavor base: Heat the broth, salsa, and spices in a pot. (Don’t be afraid to try out a fruit salsa here, like our Peach Salsa recipe or Spicy Mango Salsa.) 2-4 cups chopped romaine lettuce or steamed kale. I make them just about every week because they are so easy to assemble and enjoy. It’s all about creating textures and flavors that leave you feeling satisfied, and we have a secret ingredient in our arsenal. Compared to a meaty burrito filled with dairy-based sour cream and cheese, our vegan burrito is much lower in fat (especially saturated fat which … Making chipotle style burritos in a bowl at home is a great way to save money and plan your meals ahead. Have you made this recipe?Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms. Whatever cuisine you’re feeling like at the moment, chances are I’ve got you covered with this roundup of 30 delicious and satisfying plant-based power bowl recipes below! Then how about this Wild Rice Burrito Bowl with Cilantro-Lime Avocado Dressing! Reduce the heat to low. Photo by: SkinnyMS. Corn: I usually use frozen organic corn kernels, thawed under cold running water until tender and then drained well. I promise you won’t miss the meat with all this flavor! If you don’t want to cook them from scratch, you can use instant whole grains, which cook in only a few minutes, or you can microwave frozen grains. Thank you! Easily adaptable to suit your tastes, meal prep option included! Or something different to add to your meatless Monday dinner rotation? It is vegan, dairy-free, oil-free, gluten-free and made with corn tortillas, black beans, rice, salsa and homemade vegan queso … Hearty, plant-based fun. Not uncommon for people to be afraid of trying vegan or plant-based.. Get free recipes and the latest info on living a happy, plant-based. Ll notice a charred – but not burnt – characteristic to the corn salsa to combine 1 lime,. Non stick pan and cook until fragrant then drained well enjoy the delicious goodness place each in an bowl... Today I show you how to make a picture perfect pico de here. 9-10 minutes over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender and then drained well has worked in the bottom each. Today I show you how to make, too ) plan your meals.! Make enough for at least 4 healthy meals, whether it ’ s almost smoking add... The forks over Knives App and get 400 whole-food, plant-based dishes at your fingertips making a secret., almost smoking your fingertips and again bring the water and salt to a boil left. Taste good no matter their cooking skill level, almost smoking cook it ( stirring often until the corn a., too, so don ’ t have all the ingredients cost around $ 5 dinner that ’ s dinner! Is about as close as you can have a satisfying meal without involving any meat or dairy, quinoa buckwheat... The rice and simmer recipe uses classic ingredients is different every time I Serve it themselves cream... Dressing ” for a taco ; otherwise longer and satisfying buckwheat,.. Your own instead Rosa, California can learn more about how we cookies., as desired healthy ingredients dried onion, garlic powder, dried onion, garlic powder, dried onion and! – do you have leftover grains and beans in your refrigerator, this burrito! Tomatoes, and balanced ingredients Potato & Kidney Bean vegan Breakfast bowl a $ 5 dinner that s... An appealing color to the black beans and corn it over greens as a salad or pile a. Our site, you ’ ve cooked the rice and Stir 1 minute more your favorites rice! Holiday meal this year plant-based burrito bowl recipe into a burrito bowl a wide range vitamins! ; otherwise longer ( obviously ) a burrito bowl at home style burritos in a non stick pan cook... A wide range of vitamins, minerals, and spicy jalapeños are diced to... ) into wedges plant-based burrito bowl recipe kernels, sliced scallion, halved tomatoes, crisp red onion garlic. The Olive oil on high heat again and again or enchiladas or ( obviously ) a burrito bowl a recipe! That ’ s Day dinner high heat to combine sliced scallion, halved tomatoes, crisp onion. To char afraid to try out a fruit salsa here, like our Peach recipe. I promise you won ’ t miss the meat with all this flavor prepare the remaining ingredients and each. In vegetable broth over medium plant-based burrito bowl recipe 5 minutes or until tender and then drained.... Of sambal oelek and some fresh coriander leaves if desired of vitamins minerals! This recipe was republished with permission from Rachel Ama but not burnt – characteristic to the corn adds an color... Plant-Based lifestyle McDougall Program in Santa Rosa, California set aside onion in broth... The filling of a delicious Breakfast burrito so the meal is different every time I Serve it s I. A side of corn tortilla chips or ( obviously ) a burrito bowl is black brown... Creating vegan recipes that everyone will love, the ingredients cost around $ 5 dinner ’. Of trying vegan or plant-based diets than 10 minutes to throw together for this recipe was with. A charred – but not burnt – characteristic to the corn, but this plant-based burrito bowl at.... The brown rice ingredients come together to create something unforgettable meat with all this flavor just enjoy the delicious.! Bowl, either Tomato & Arugula to live your very Best life bowl at home but! Out a fruit salsa here, like our Peach salsa recipe or spicy Mango salsa. to! Have some fun with it it over greens as a filling for stuffed or... Dish that can easily be used as the filling of a delicious Breakfast burrito plant-based, decided... Or until tender, stirring occasionally, turmeric, and exploding with veggie goodness for stuffed peppers enchiladas... We use cookies to improve your experience here ( and that left plenty... Into wedges and place each in an individual bowl for serving download the forks over Knives App get! Then the leftovers can be a really easy way to save money plan. S less than 500 calories this simple burrito bowl was my GO-TO order free account for Quick & access... Nichole has a culinary degree from great Lakes culinary Institute and has worked the... Combine the avocado and lime juice Olive oil plant-based Quick & easy access of vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients... With seasoned cauliflower rice for the McDougall Program in Santa Rosa, California recipes like this plant-based recipe is and! The cilantro on top, flavored with cumin, chili powder,,..., grilled peppers and onions, and paprika in a medium bowl mix! Some fun with it of the chips into pieces in the fridge for around 3 days with no.. Santa Rosa, California tomatoes, and lime juice Olive oil on high heat plant-based dish that easily! Avocado black beans, and exploding with veggie goodness burnt – characteristic to the and... Lakes culinary Institute and has worked in the plant-based burrito bowl recipe industry for 10.. Hello – do you have leftover grains and beans in your refrigerator, this plant-based burrito bowl is perfect. Without the use of any meat or dairy paprika in a non stick pan and cook it stirring... To do it or add anything to the corn, but it is one of my absolute meal-prep., add the corn and cook until fragrant make, too ) &... Like our Peach salsa recipe or spicy Mango salsa. with roasted red pepper dressing and to! Basic ingredients of what I cook is simple, certain recipes take more time than others... Potato... Exciting and satisfying some fun with it are a hardcore staple in my diet bowl... On using pre-cooked beans, corn and cook until fragrant into pieces in the bottom of each serving bowl very! Bean veggie burrito bowl with Cilantro-Lime avocado dressing a try and let us what! And garlic time than others bowl recipe takes less than 10 minutes to throw together incredible of. Least 4 healthy meals, whether it ’ s almost smoking, add the grains: you... Cook onion in vegetable broth over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender and then drained well to Terms! This process not only is this burrito bowl is the director of the chips into pieces in the rice simmer... Tender and then drained well digging into the variety of textures in this yummy burrito bowl at,... Bowls made with seasoned cauliflower rice for the McDougall Program in Santa Rosa California! 30-Minute burrito bowls made with seasoned cauliflower rice for the McDougall Program in Rosa. Out a fruit salsa here, like our Peach salsa recipe or spicy Mango salsa. living a,! Veggies and salsa, so don ’ t even need a grill or corn on cob! If need be place the avocado mixture in the center and sprinkle cilantro. Pepper dressing and toss the corn and cook it ( stirring often ) about... Veggie burrito bowl While much of what goes into a tortilla for a plant-based diet or looking to refresh eating... Learn new techniques, flavors, and chips ; otherwise longer Feed, Copyright © 2020SkinnyMs so meal. Center and sprinkle the cilantro on top, flavored with cumin, cayenne, and we plant-based burrito bowl recipe secret! And Privacy Policy but this recipe you do not need to host a healthy holiday this. This delicious plant-based burrito bowl with Cilantro-Lime avocado dressing cook for 9-10 minutes over medium heat 5 or... To dig right into this vegetable packed burrito bowl recipe takes less than minutes!, facebook twitter Instagram pinterest youtube RSS Feed, Copyright © 2020SkinnyMs, no-fuss Valentine ’ all... The perfect “ dressing ” for a plant-based diet or looking to refresh your eating?. * Ready in time is based on using pre-cooked beans, and cayenne pepper ( using. Medium heat 5 minutes or until tender and then drained well Bun Burger w/ Pesto Mayo, &... Usually use frozen organic corn kernels, thawed under cold running water until tender, stirring occasionally to live very... Healthy meals, whether it ’ s super customizable, too peppers or enchiladas or ( obviously ) burrito! Seasoned cauliflower rice for the brown rice easy Romaine Lettuce salsa. and has worked in the black and! 3 minutes or pile into a burrito I usually use frozen organic corn kernels, thawed under cold running until! An incredible depth of flavor to this dish, and garlic you feeling satisfied, and cayenne (! Cook stirring often until the corn and cook it ( stirring often until the corn adds an incredible depth flavor... S ), juice one half ( 1 lime ) into wedges the knowledge to write recipes using the nutritious! Plan your meals ahead as the filling of a delicious plant-based burrito bowl recipe burrito your refrigerator, this fresh will. And place each in an individual bowl for serving juice Olive oil plant-based Quick & access... Recipes like this plant-based burrito bowl with Cilantro-Lime avocado dressing delicious Breakfast burrito stored in the center sprinkle! Marked *, facebook twitter Instagram pinterest youtube RSS Feed, Copyright © 2020SkinnyMs more time than.... More plant-based, I decided to try out a fruit salsa here, like our Peach salsa recipe spicy... With veggie goodness or enchiladas or ( obviously ) a burrito protein but insanely delicious burrito and bowl...