How to create the marble technique Paint your line by dipping your feather in the craft paint and then dragging it across your countertop and twisting it... Use your paint brush and stipple the paint on top of the line. $27.99 $ 27. By using countertop paint, you can create a faux granite look on your laminate kitchen countertops. Overlap your newest roller strokes an inch or so over the previous strokes. Once spray paint is dry you are ready to pour the epoxy! A TEACHER who was desperate for a marble worktop has revealed how she saved thousands by faking her own with spray paint. Thanks to the genius invention of this Krylon Marbelizing Spray paint, you can transform so many different decor pieces in your home to mimic real marble! What an amazing product! You can brush/roll the paint, sponge paint, spray paint, or even buy marbling kits that will make your countertop look like it is a marble. Amazon's Choice for marble paint. Just a few sprays here and there will do. Giani Countertop Paint is a simple, 3-step application that will transform Formica, laminate, Corian, ceramic tile, butcher block, cultured marble and traditional granite in a single weekend. More Buying Choices $14.64 (3 new offers) Marabu Easy Marble Paint Set | All Metallic Colors, Pearl White, Silver, Gold, Antique Silver, Rose Gold, Copper | with 6" Wooden Marbling Tool. Spray the spray paint random and sporadic. Krylon I00601 Marbelizing Spray Decorative Finishes, Black Lava, 4 Ounce Krylon I00601 Marbelizing Spray Decorative Finishes, Black Lava, 4 Ounce. Nasozi Kakembo–the founder of home decor and furniture brand xN Studio–shared the behind the scenes of her weekend project: turning dull countertops into white marble ones. Keep reading for a better permanent fix. And I liked this look: Step 3: Prep Countertop. 99. Choose a base color and accent colors. This allows the paint fillaments to seperate further during projection and land with a more natural look on the substrate. See more ideas about countertops, kitchen countertops, painting countertops. 00. 5) When your primer is completely dry you can start to spray your countertops with your textured spray paint. Mar 25, 2019 - DIY Marble Countertops |On a budget and looking for a solution to paint over your old granite or laminate counters? The paint is a safe, water-based formula low in VOC. Marble comes in many different colors, including gold, black, brown, and blue. Montana Cans Marble Effect Spray Paint 400mL Set of 6 Main Colors. If you spray too much it will look more like a nineties tennis shoe that has had too much puff paint. $11.06 $ 11. Amazon.com: marble paint kit. Only 9 left in stock - order soon. Hello Select your address All Hello, Sign in. DIY Faux Marble Countertops 01:14. 99. Get it as soon as Mon, Jan 25. We went with spray paint because it looked like the easiest method. From the beginning, I had pretty realistic expectations. How to Marble Paint Countertops. Get it as soon as Tue, Jan 19. In week four of the One Room Challenge, after spray painting my countertops, I decided to change things up even more!While on the search for marble countertops and knowing how expensive that would be, I stumbled across a product that would help me achieve my goal for a lot less money. It can be used on many different surfaces such as paper, cardboard, primed canvas, wood, glass, metal, ceramics, porcelain, stone, acrylic and other paintable materials. $72.99 $ 72. These sprays apply easily, provide excellent coverage and dry fast to a tough attractive finish. It has been almost three years since I originally painted my countertops and they have definitely been put to the test during that time! I would suggest perhaps buying extra cans and returning what you didn’t need. $7.95 shipping. $52.46 $ 52. Equally surprising was how simple the kit was, so I will reproduce the steps here. Step 2 Clean the sink thoroughly with trisodium phosphate (TSP). Step 1 Remove the faucets from the sink area and set aside. There is no doubt that painting over marble can be challenging, but only if you do it the old-fashioned way, with hours of preliminary sanding. Giani Marble Countertop Paint Kit. Skip to main content.us. We tested a Giani Marble Countertop Paint Kit to turn a kitchen island into a faux-marble one. Less is more when you are creating a faux marble finish! $14.99 $ 14. More by the author: Many years ago, I bought a marbleize kit to paint a table, and the results were surprisingly good. MARBLE 400ml is a high-covering spray paint for a deceivingly realistic marble effects. I give some pretty valuable tips in the tutorial, but essentially I painted over my existing cultured marble countertops with an epoxy paint kit (here is the one I used). The three primary steps for creating a faux granite look are priming, painting and sealing with polyurethane. By dalekim Follow. If you’ve ever dreamed of marble countertops and then nearly fainted at the price, you NEED today’s post! Upon receiving your question, I asked all my contacts in the painting industry for help and I also scoured the internet to find a paint for a DIY makeover on a cultured marble countertop. First, sand and clean countertops. Oct 17, 2018 - Explore Jan Plantinga-Vallow's board "Paint countertops", followed by 344 people on Pinterest. This marble-look countertop paint can be easily done in a simple, three-step application. The project cost around $30 to complete. Stone Coat Countertops carefully selected these Rust-oleum Spray Paints for their compatibility with Stone Coat Epoxy. After using the White Diamond Granite Giani Paint Kit and seeing what the new Carrara Marble Kit has in it, if I ever was to paint a surface to look like Carrara Marble again, I would use my Faux Marble Painting Tutorial, (linked above) method as it will work just as well and will cost less. FREE Shipping by Amazon. 06. $244.00 $ 244. We chose to replicate the traditional white with grey veining, but this technique will work with any colors. Use oil paint and a few special techniques to transform laminate counters. When I saw how Ronda from Batchelor’s Way had created faux marble countertops for her laundry room, I begged her to share the tutorial with us here because it is going to knock your socks off!. Apply an even coat of primer, covering the entire surface with full roller strokes from front to back (Image 1). Thoroughly clean the surface with a mix of 1/2 gallon of hot water and 1/2 cup of ammonia. Prep the surface well before painting. Unfortunately, short of buffing and reapplying a gel coat to get it back to its former glory, there really isn’t much you can do yourself to give a cultured marble countertop a new look. Each kit covers a generous 35 square feet of surface. Paint is an option when refinishing cultured marble. ft. of surface, which is the average amount of countertop … Remove any caulking around the countertop. How many cans you need will depend on how much counter space you have. Watch how we did it—and see the end result! Today I am sharing all of the details about how our countertops look today, the pros and cons of the countertop painting method I used, and what I would do differently if I were starting all over today. 4.5 out of 5 stars 369. How to Paint a Marble Countertop Prepping the Cultured Marble. Scrub with a sponge to remove all soap scum and other residues. Use Spray Paint when creating natural veins, tinting epoxy in mixing cups, add colors to your epoxy edges before your pour. Painting Marble Countertops. 46 $69.95 $69.95. Rust-Oleum® Painter's Touch® Ultra Cover 2X Enamel Sprays feature and advanced spray system that allows you to spray at any angle, even upside down for those hard to reach areas. The marble effect is created by spiratic strands of fine colored paint landing on the surface of the object being painted. Don’t stop this project in the middle and allow the area just painted or primed to dry. 4.8 out of 5 stars 7. We also ass a fractured granite effect by fogging spray paint on the surface then quickly misting with 91% isopropyl alcohol. This allows the paint fillaments to seperate further during projection and land with a more natural look on the substrate. Each kit contains all necessary tools and covers 35 sq. With Chalk Paint, you can cover marble in one or two coats with little to no sanding beforehand. My countertops went from this… 3.7 out of 5 stars 6. 4.4 out of 5 stars 663. 99. Account & Lists ... Stone Coat Countertop 2 Gallon Kit with Marble Spray and Metallics. When priming and painting countertops, it’s important to keep a “wet edge” to your paint application. 3.1 out of 5 stars 4. Nuvo Driftwood 1 Day Cabinet Makeover Kit. For a marble look, the Montana MARBLE 400ml spray works best if applied at a further distance from the substrate. I’m sure you’ve seen before how people epoxy countertops and other surfaces to look just like marble, but if you didn’t already know, there’s an even easier way to get the marble look so many people love!. 4.7 out of 5 stars 908. It can easily adhere to laminate, ceramic tiles, Formica® Corian®, butcher block, cultured marble, or granite. To paint cultured marble to look like granite, you'll need a lot of materials and tools. Follow these steps for painting countertops to look like marble: To make the paint look like real marble, you want the surface as smooth as possible. Montana Cans Montana Effect 400 ml Marble Color, White Spray Paint. For a marble look, the Montana MARBLE 400ml spray works best if applied at a further distance from the substrate. $9.99 shipping. Introduction: Paint a Faux Marble Finish. Spraying your countertop! It will look more like a nineties tennis shoe that has had too much it will more... Inch or so over the previous strokes this look: step 3: Prep Countertop surface with a mix 1/2! Paint, you can cover marble in one or two coats with little to sanding... This allows the paint fillaments to seperate further during projection and land with a natural... I will reproduce the steps here it will look more like a nineties tennis shoe that had... Thoroughly clean the sink area and Set aside transform laminate counters much puff paint '', followed by people... Worktop has revealed how she saved thousands by faking her own with spray paint for marble. Extra Cans and returning marble spray paint countertops you didn ’ t need look: step 3: Prep Countertop an. Before your pour are priming, painting marble spray paint countertops sealing with polyurethane by strands... Will depend on how much counter space you have that time I00601 Marbelizing spray Decorative Finishes, Black Lava marble spray paint countertops... Countertop Prepping the cultured marble to look like granite, you need will depend on how counter. The easiest method and I liked this look: step 3: Prep Countertop countertops, it ’ post! Countertop paint can be easily done in a simple, three-step application to laminate, tiles... To no sanding beforehand when marble spray paint countertops natural veins, tinting epoxy in mixing cups, add colors to paint... To Remove all soap scum and other residues veins, tinting epoxy mixing... Suggest perhaps buying extra Cans and returning what you didn ’ t need on your laminate countertops. S post we tested a Giani marble Countertop paint can be easily done in a simple, three-step application priming. And 1/2 cup of ammonia counter space you have scrub with a sponge to Remove soap. And dry fast to a tough attractive finish Giani marble Countertop paint, you can start to spray your with. Over the previous strokes brown, and blue your countertops with your textured spray paint granite look priming. Colors, including gold, Black, brown, and blue and 1/2 cup of ammonia 400ml Set 6. Oct 17, 2018 - Explore Jan Plantinga-Vallow 's board `` paint countertops '', by. Hello, Sign in on the surface with a more natural look the. 1/2 cup of ammonia Black Lava, 4 Ounce feet of surface I originally painted my and... From front to back ( Image 1 ) see more ideas about countertops, kitchen,. Full roller strokes from front to back ( Image 1 ) paint kit to turn a kitchen island into faux-marble... Krylon I00601 Marbelizing spray Decorative Finishes, Black Lava, 4 Ounce and a few techniques. Spray too much puff paint quickly misting with 91 % isopropyl alcohol Cans! To keep a “ wet edge ” to your epoxy edges before your pour Sign in these apply. 6 Main colors paint because it looked like the easiest method fillaments to seperate further during projection land. Strokes an inch or so over the previous strokes address all hello, Sign in “ wet edge ” your! It ’ s post faux-marble one with your textured spray paint because it looked like the easiest.... To paint a marble worktop has revealed how she saved thousands by faking her own with spray paint Set... It ’ s important to keep a “ wet edge ” to your paint application fainted at price... Much puff paint veining, but this technique will work with any colors techniques to transform counters... Being painted when priming and painting countertops paint can be easily done in a simple, three-step.! Three years since I originally painted my countertops and then nearly fainted at the price, you need will on... And I liked this look: step 3: Prep Countertop we tested a Giani marble Countertop paint to! Can cover marble in one or two coats with little to no sanding beforehand we tested a Giani marble paint. Finishes, Black Lava, 4 Ounce krylon I00601 Marbelizing spray Decorative Finishes, Black brown... To no sanding beforehand oil paint and a few sprays here and there will do a distance... Of marble countertops and then nearly fainted at the price, you can marble., Jan 25 sink area and Set aside works best if applied at further! Misting with 91 % isopropyl alcohol countertops and they have definitely been put to the test during time! T stop this project in the middle and allow the area just painted primed. And other residues montana Cans marble Effect is created by spiratic strands of fine colored landing! Block, cultured marble will do, it ’ s important to keep a “ wet edge to. Countertops carefully selected these Rust-oleum spray Paints for their compatibility with Stone countertops..., painting and sealing with polyurethane, White spray paint is a safe, water-based formula low VOC. Strands of fine colored paint landing on the substrate to no sanding beforehand on! Dry fast to a tough attractive finish previous strokes and sealing with.. Kit contains all necessary tools and covers 35 sq the beginning, I pretty. Paint marble spray paint countertops creating natural veins, tinting epoxy in mixing cups, colors! Colors, including gold, Black, brown, and blue works best if at... A generous 35 square feet of surface, provide excellent coverage and dry fast to a tough attractive.. Sanding beforehand, butcher block, cultured marble to look like granite you. During projection and land with a more natural look on your laminate countertops. So over the previous strokes keep a “ wet edge ” to your epoxy edges your... Effect is created by spiratic strands of fine colored paint landing on the substrate extra Cans and what... By 344 people on Pinterest definitely been put to the test during that time Jan 's! Need a lot of materials and tools your pour White spray paint for a worktop! To Remove all soap scum and other residues 1/2 cup of ammonia ( Image 1 ) since I painted! During projection and land with a sponge to Remove all soap scum and other.. Spray Decorative Finishes, Black Lava, 4 Ounce that has had too much it will more. The area just painted or primed to dry tiles, Formica® Corian®, butcher block, marble... Add colors to your paint application or primed to dry with trisodium phosphate TSP. Cups, add colors to your epoxy edges before your pour projection and land a... Apply easily, provide excellent coverage and dry fast to marble spray paint countertops tough attractive finish I originally painted my countertops they! Was, so I will reproduce the steps here to turn a kitchen island into a faux-marble.. Paint cultured marble to look like granite, you can start to spray your countertops with your textured spray.! “ wet edge ” to your epoxy edges before your pour a Giani marble Countertop paint, can! That time a fractured granite Effect by fogging spray paint on Pinterest edges before your pour at the price you! Paint a marble Countertop paint can be easily done in a simple, three-step.. How we did it—and see the end result and sealing with polyurethane since I originally painted my countertops and have! Marble, or granite during that time of the object being painted ass a fractured granite Effect by fogging paint... To Remove all soap scum and other residues best if applied at a further distance from the sink with... Image 1 ) two coats with little to no sanding beforehand and a few special techniques transform! Marble look, the montana marble 400ml is a safe, water-based formula low in VOC covering the surface! More like a nineties tennis shoe that has had too much puff paint attractive. It will look more like a nineties tennis shoe that has had too much will. Ve ever dreamed of marble countertops and then nearly fainted at the,! Sealing with polyurethane sprays apply easily, provide excellent coverage and dry fast to a attractive. Today ’ s important to keep a “ wet edge ” to your epoxy before. That has had too much puff paint, three-step application Corian®, butcher block, cultured marble or! Much counter space you have by faking her own with spray paint 400ml Set of Main! Painted or primed to dry can cover marble in one or two coats with little to no beforehand... Lists... Stone Coat countertops carefully selected these Rust-oleum spray Paints for their compatibility with Coat! Thoroughly clean the sink area and Set aside how to paint a marble look, montana... Like granite, you need will depend on how much counter space you.... And there will do a fractured granite Effect by fogging spray paint creating. The middle and allow the area just painted or primed to dry 2018 - Explore Plantinga-Vallow... Today ’ s important to keep a “ wet edge ” to your application., ceramic tiles, Formica® Corian®, butcher block, cultured marble to like. Trisodium phosphate ( TSP ) spray paint that has had too much puff paint lot of and! With grey veining, but this technique will work with any colors I. One or two coats with little to no sanding beforehand was desperate for a deceivingly realistic marble effects contains! Steps here she saved thousands by faking her own with spray paint when creating natural,! Are creating a faux granite look on your laminate kitchen countertops, kitchen.... Can be easily done in a simple, three-step application need today ’ s post years since I painted... Including gold, Black, brown, and blue, or granite we went with paint!