Need Advice ASAP:Exterior painting-spray vs. roller. Consider the situation, whether your remodeling your whole house or 1-2 rooms. Spray painting is a method of painting by an airless sprayer. Today, few people would choose a brush over a roller to paint an entire wall in a house. Posted May 25, 2012. Spray painting is speedier than brush painting. Click here for our precautionary measures. Spray painting is a method of painting by an airless sprayer. In fact, it can mean the opposite. By Doug Mahoney With a sprayer you are not spreading exterior paint (as with brush/roll) as much as you are ‘laying’ the paint on the surface. "Contrary to popular belief, houses are sprayed all the time. The accessories including airless spray gun, 25 feet high pressure paint hose, changeable filter, and cleaning Brush. “The paint sprays out in a fine even mist which helps you achieve the most pristine finish when painting surfaces like cabinets, doors, or other millwork.” Paint sprayers are very fast, and—once you get the hang of it—very easy. Airless sprayers require little setup and cleaning time and produce a professional-looking result even on surfaces that are hard to paint using a traditional brush. Today, few people would choose a brush over a roller to paint an entire wall in a house. Painted doors are really on trend right now, which I love because it is such a simple and inexpensive DIY update! To talk with a local paint professional about the best paint application technique for your home, contact your local Five Star painter for a free estimate. Spray vs brush painting Hardi Board siding: ... exterior trim, and Hardi soffit as well. Brush Painting Pros. Browse our paint brushes online https://decordezine.com/should-you-spray-or-brush-paint-exterior-of-your-house It is a sand-cement plaster that gives your home a Mediterranean style exterior; however, the downside is that it’s rather tough to prep unfinished stucco. Even application – An even thick coating is achieved after a single application, thus reducing a number of coats of paint and as a result, paint is saved. Application methods do not create or correct moisture problems, original coating adhesion problems, low-quality building materials etc. Spray vs brush painting Hardi Board siding : butch burton: 5/4/05 11:05 AM: Considering using Hardi Board siding on new construction and in their instructions on the Hardi web site, they say to "back roll" if the siding is to be spray painted. They might choose to spray paint the wall instead of rollering it. Spray vs brush painting Hardi Board siding Showing 1-9 of 9 messages. If the house or surface you’re painting was developed before 1978, see EPA’s repair, restoration and painting program Idea: When painting a large space or broad surface areas, a paint sprayer can apply paint quicker and evenly than brushes or rollers. PM tests consumer-ready paint sprayers against the traditional aces of acrylic: the brush … 1. After some Usenet kooks started to flame me, I looked into it and now it makes perfect sense. For your house exterior painting needs, take a look into what the differences are between painting with a brush vs painting with a sprayer. This technique results in poor adhesion of paint to the surface giving it a patchy look. To be fair, early spray equipment was not always the best. March 9, 2010 at 8:46 pm Leave a comment. Spray painting is a method of painting by an airless sprayer. Your health and safety are our highest priority during this time. The smooth, lustrous look is not achieved. It is the most accurate method as you can control exactly where the polyurethane goes. One says "You must use Brush to paint", teh other says"Spray is the best to fill in cracks and last longer". In Exterior Painting. There have been major advances since their debut, and today’s technicians are trained to expertly manage the process. My opinion is brush, not because it’s easiest, it isn’t. There are certain merits and demerits to spray painting and brush painting as well. Spraying was definitely WAAAAY faster when you just measure the time spent painting. If I’m hiring a professional to paint the exterior of my home, should they spray or brush the paint? Need Advice ASAP:Exterior painting-spray vs. roller. House exteriors are exposed to constant and differing weather conditions and climates so they need some additional considerations from painting a house interior. Visit our page! Spray Not all of that extra paint goes onto the house either. Offline . Painting is just one of many home maintenance solutions available to you. Everything from the paint color to the type of paint … Reaches crevices easily – The coating percolates into fissures easily. Spray painting is faster than brush painting. On top of that, your painter should be able to control the thickness of which the exterior paint is sprayed. Spray Painting. Applying an Oil Finish To the Exterior of The House - Duration: 9:21. While I brushed on the paint for the trim, this time around, we decided to try spraying all the doors with a paint sprayer (we’re long time fans of the Wagner Flexio 590), instead of hand painting them. it is difficult but i have tried spray and roller too much mess.if you … The last part of the debate features the classical roller painting method, which has equally been around for ages. we doing one all brush and roll right now, ... the times I have sprayed stuff it sure goes quick (if you don't count prep that is!) The Power-Flo Pro offers fast painting, spraying five gallons of paint in as little as 20 minutes, which is 2,000 square feet in 30 minutes. I’m not totally sure yet. There is always been two sides of exterior house painting believers. Even with these issues, there are some tight spots like around utilities that can’t be done cleanly without spraying and you really can’t beat the speed. … Stir the paint with a paint stick to blend the color pigments. Possibly the most frequently encountered myth is that application of a coating by homeowner. Spraying paint reaches where a brush can’t. Project Series . Tweet on Twitter. Older school painters viewed it as a cheap, low-quality method. The single-family contracting market is highly fragmented with imperfect information. It used to be that spray applications, both interior and exterior, were considered second-rate. This method entails an uneven finish of the surface. Do I have the space for my contractor to spray doors or trim on site? In fact, failures resulting from over-brushing or over-working paints are common byproducts of attempting to make a coating soak in. There is an ongoing debate over whether spray painting or roller painting is best for interior or exterior painting. Certain services are subject to state and local licensing and may not be available at all locations. Excellent for painting larger surface areas. Using a brush to apply the polyurethane finish to furniture or wood is the oldest method available. House Painting: Brushing vs Spraying Raleigh Homes. Spring forward with exterior house painting! I painted the baseboards, door trim and all 7 doors doors the same Semi-gloss Bright White from Valspar Signature. Spray paint dries much more quickly than brushed-on paint. Application over existing coatings is meant only to bond to the previous paint job-not soak in or "be brushed in" to the wood. Some painting companies spray the siding on houses while others brush and roll the paint on. 3 3 Answers from MyBuilder Painters & Decorators. An already prepped house exterior … Feel confident that you are hiring the best in the business. However, simple paint chemistry tells us that this is not only undesirable; it is not possible in most repaint applications. "You need to brush it in . Quick method – It is a very fast method of painting. A process that delivers a higher quality job when performed properly and costs less deserves your attention and consideration. However, one of the biggest factors that comes into play is … Trim - a flat brush excellent for painting large flat surfaces, especially exterior siding. 2:18 . Some primers and transparent or semi-transparent stains (not solid stains or paints) are meant to "soak in" to the substrate. When deciding to paint your home, try to specify the application method based upon facts. Jobs like the full exterior of a large house or the interior of a new build are ideally suited for the speed and size of airless pumps. However, these coatings will generally soak in no matter how they are applied as long as the substrate is properly prepared. Flat Sash - bristles are straight across and used primarily for applying paint over flat areas. Amelia loves covering a variety of topics but is especially drawn to finding ways to help herself and others live their best lives in their best homes. Customers ask me all the time about which application method my painters are going to use to apply the primers and paints. "'Brushing it in' or 'working it in' are common goals of those who espouse brush applications. michelletsay. If the operator is experienced with a sprayer, the exterior paint finish will be more even and consistent. TACKLIFE Airless Paint Sprayer is perfect for all household painting projects, such as paint furniture, cabinet, wall, ceiling, trim home exterior, fence, deck, garage and more. How to Paint a House Exterior. Home Blog House Painting Spray Paint or Use a brush? Painting the exterior of your home may feel like a daunting task but, we’ve got all the tips you need to make exterior painting a breeze. An airless sprayer can make painting fast but it will use up more paint. Painters are schedualled for next week. Spray paint can be used on practically any surface, including wood, metal, wicker, plastic and resin. Just installed pre-primed fiber cement siding and my painter would prefer to spray the paint. One of the most important parts of the job to consider is deciding if you want your home brushed or sprayed. Brush v Pump Sprayer v Power Sprayer - Duration: 2:18. When it comes to professional house painting in the Metrowest area, there are so many aspects that come into play to achieve the finished look that you want. ... brush or spray. As a percentage, fewer small contractors own sprayers than large contractors. Spray Paint vs. Rolling Paint: Exterior Painting Dilemma. In this environment, it is difficult to dispel myths such as those regarding spraying. Paint Sprayer. Painting Tool Showdown: Brush & Roller vs. Most spray paint is oil-based and provides a more durable finish than latex paint. However, there are a few painting contractors that would rather spray the entire project aside from windows and doors. Be sure to call your local house painter and ask as many questions as you need. Paint the corner of the house so the paint color is consistent. This technique of painting also has some positive and negative aspects. January 4, 2016. Listed below are three of the most frequent reasons people have heard that brushing is a preferred method of application. Everything from the paint color to the type of paint you choose will affect the end result. When it comes to professional house painting in the Metrowest area, there are so many aspects that come into play to achieve the finished look that you want. If you enjoy painting and want to paint you home often, buy inexpensive “generic” brands. You can complete some jobs much faster than other methods available by using a paint sprayer. Spraying, is an amazing way to get the entire wall painted in no time but this method has certain drawbacks as well. Some don’t spray at all, while others only spray and do not brush. Share on Facebook. Paint Sprayer PM tests consumer-ready paint sprayers against the traditional aces of acrylic: the brush and the roller. If you’d like a predominantly textured exterior, stucco is the way to go. By Michael Murray. Spraying, is an amazing way to get the entire wall painted in no time but this method has certain drawbacks as well. Crowder Painting answered. 6 Reasons to use a brush for your exteriors Spray Paint or Use a brush? Exterior Brush and Roll. You absolutely want to use a brush for most exterior surfaces, and definitely the siding and trim. There is an ongoing debate over whether spray painting or roller painting is best for interior or exterior painting. Wall - a thick flat brush that holds a larger amount of paint. One week . Several of the contractors spray on the paint and do not recommend roller and brushing. Joined: Apr 12 2003 . To make sense of roll painting vs. spray painting, ... (ex. It would seem like spray painting is a great option, it is faster and there are no brush marks, so you may be surprised to know that at Wall Treats we still use traditional brush and roller application techniques. Brushing vs. Spraying Exterior Paint Posted on May 16, 2018 . There were Small contractors paint houses. Problem Areas Receive Better Paint Coverage When dealing with small, complex areas of a house exterior, the paint sprayer isn't much help. The only time to ever use a roller is on a large flat surface (think drywall, or plywood paneling) -- in the image you provided I might use a roller for the white soffit, but that's it and only if it's a large house. Mike McDonnell Painting & Decorating. Larger contractors have the ability to purchase machinery and train applicators.c. This type of painting can in fact become very challenging for a novice. Spray painting is faster than brush painting. We guarantee that you’ll be busy painting every year of so. https://thecraftsmanblog.com/brushing-vs-spraying-paint-which-is-best In many cases, it’s more suited to exterior jobs, as you can get paint everywhere! John Burbidge, author of the book "Watching Paint Dry," shows how to paint a house with a brush and roller and get pro results. Proper application of coatings-sprayer or brush-will provide the desired result: an attractive, durable finish. A homeowner can paint the exterior of their house with a fresh coat of paint and renewed curb appeal in just a weekend using the Power-Flo Pro. 17013. i am painting pebbledash at the moment. House exteriors that are painted by brush tend to get more tender loving care. 0 Vote Up Vote Down. Always ask the contractor as many questions as possible before you hire them, so all the step that need to take place for your project can be executed … Intricate surface preparation is a pre requisite in this method. The final verdict is this: brush and roll versus spray painting is a matter of convenience NOT quality. All I remember is the stucco houses that had been paint usually didn't hold up well. Some painting companies spray the siding on houses while others brush and roll the paint on. Typically the trim and doors are hand brushed. Possibly the most frequently encountered myth is that application of a coating by brush is a higher quality method than spraying. The setup time needed for spraying (masking of windows, landscaping, etc; machine setup, cleanup and maintenance) is not always repaid by the amount of time saved by spraying when the job is small.b. . Like paintbrushes, rollers too are relatively cheaper compared to paint sprayers. We always make sure to clean up our work area. Estimated Time. Thus considering both the techniques, each have its share of pros and cons and you can select wither one of them or in combination, depending upon your requirement as well as preferences. More control of where you want the paint; Paint can be applied to hard to get areas better than sprayers; Paint can be brushed on evenly; Brush Painting Cons. Spraying vs. rolling is a topic that comes up frequently when homeowners are discussing their exterior paint decisions with a professional contractor. The Power-Flo Pro Sprayer applies an even coating to uneven surfaces without brush, drips or … He's sprayed one coat already, and is letting me decide if I want him to spray or brush on the second coat. But they have another option too. HELP!!! We will show up at the scheduled time and complete the job in the allocated term. You have entered an incorrect email address! The statements listed above are not so much reasons for brushing, but rather attempted indictments of spraying. To eliminate overlap marks, rewet the feathered edges of the previously painted block with your brush or roller just before you start each new stroke. John Burbidge, author of the book "Watching Paint Dry," shows how to spray paintthe exterior of your house and get pro results. I have had a lot of my homeowners ask me what the difference between the two are. A paint brush is preferred for applying paint on external wood. Brush-n-Roll vs. Spray – Exterior March 9, 2010 at 8:46 pm Leave a comment Customers ask me all the time about which application method my painters are … … Spraying, is an amazing way to get the entire wall painted in no time but this method has certain drawbacks as well. Saughall • Member since 21 Mar 2011 • 63 jobs, 100% positive feedback. By Michael Murray. Spray Painting Vs Brush Painting in House Exterior, Quick Tips To Decorate Home For Holiday Treat, Tips and Ideas for Selecting Stools for your Kitchen, Home Exteriors Ideas to Make Your House More Welcoming, Bedroom Decorating Ideas Using LED Lights, Innovative Laundry Room Remodelling Ideas, Home Comfort Furniture Ideas to Get Quality and Stylish Look, 20 Easy-to-Implement Asian Inspired Bathroom Design Ideas, Living Room Waterfall Furniture to Enhance Your Living Room Feel. #fighttheclaw Posted Jun 15, 2015. © 2021 Dwyer Franchising, LLC All rights reserved. 6 replies August 31, 2005 - 10:28am rapowell7. Move the ladder so you can reach the completed block of siding. Following is information you should find helpful when specifying your next paint job, choosing the vendor who will perform the work, and evaluating the quality of the work performed. They might choose to spray paint the wall instead of rollering it. You can spray paint interior walls if you like speed, and outdoors too. Questions & Answers › Category: Exterior Painting Questions › Exterior Painting-Brush or Spray. HELP!!! One gallon of exterior acrylic-latex on a clean, painted or primed surface–a minimum of porosity–is estimated by manufacturers to cover about 400 square feet. But they have another option too. Move the ladder so you can reach the completed block of siding. Anonymous asked 7 years ago. 2. 6 Reasons to use a brush for your exteriors If you’re thinking of doing some exterior painting in Auckland this season why not try doing it by hand, on your own or with a friend or family member instead of hiring a contractor. Only an expert can carry out spray painting with perfection. Both application methods have positives and negatives. Need Advice ASAP:Exterior painting-spray vs. roller . Unlike the exterior of your home, the decision to use either the brush & roll or spray application method has little to do with coverage, but more to do with your aesthetic choice of the finish and the ease of setting up the areas to be painted. The method of coating application will have very little if anything to do with the peeling. Airless Paint Sprayer Tips: Masking is required before your spray the area. This method should be used if you are applying a small amount of polyurethane in a small area. Up to 15 times faster, in fact! This method cannot be carried out on a windy day. I have had a lot of my homeowners ask me what the difference between the two are. There is also a difference in skill: an experienced painter can spray a smooth finish in a fraction of the time it would take them to paint by hand. all of your ceilings or your home’s exterior),” Gibbons says. 1 Answers. Spray paint dries substantially more rapidly than brushed-on paint. Five Star Painting is a Neighborly company. "Houses are never sprayed so why should you spray my house? Each of the two has its own advantages and disadvantages. . Back brushing or brushing will not necessarily cause the coating to soak in more. It’s ideal for your garage or a large outdoor wall if you need it done quickly and with a professional finish. I may or may not have covered all the bases in regards to choosing sprayed or brushed trim and doors, but this should get you off to a good start. As it is a messy technique, after clean up is also very tiring. Hopefully, you got the pre-primed siding. Spray paint is usually oil-based and gives a stronger complete than latex paint. 9:21. Pro Series. You can use spray paint for all intents and purposes on any surface, including wood, plastic, etc. When we provide pricing for the job, we will stick to it. Spray paint dries much more quickly than brushed-on paint. Spray painting also allow you to get into those hard to reach areas, so if you have a moulding over a piece of furniture it allows you to get into all the nooks and crannies. People have been doing this for many years. Which will give the longer lasting paint job? Ronseal UK 290,600 views. The rollers might, however, be slightly slower compared to sprayers, but offer more rapid painting … Most spray paint is oil-based and provides a more durable finish than latex paint. Oh, but the verdict on spraying vs. painting by hand? Spray Paint vs. Rolling Paint: Exterior Painting Dilemma. A reputable paint dealer and/or a professional “color consultant” can be of tremendous help when choosing colors. Painting your home: Spray paint or brush? "The paint is peeling and the trim is rotting because it was sprayed. ... For the most part, the siding is the only part that most re-paint contractors either spray or brush. There is always been two sides of exterior house painting believers. No surprise fees after the work is complete. 0 Vote Up Vote Down. Spray Painting Vs Brush Painting in House Exterior. Home; How to Select a Quality Paint Contractor – Buy the Guide; About; Brush-n-Roll vs. Spray – Exterior. Looking for advice as to whether to have the exterior paint sprayed or roller/brushed. At Peak Pro Painting, we believe it is a common misconception that brushing and rolling provides a better quality paint application than spraying, although there are certain instances when a roller can be more efficient. In general, you will use up to three times more paint by spraying than by brushing–plus, you risk getting a thinner coat. Spray or brush paint on house exterior? Put on a mask and hold the spray gun about 1 foot from the siding. However, in both instances, moisture transfer and insufficient preparation ultimately cause the peeling of the paint. Wondered why and called Hardi and their tech support guy … It's time to put down your paint brushes and rollers and pick up a Graco paint sprayer. At Peak Pro Painting, we believe it is a common misconception that brushing and rolling provides a better quality paint application than spraying, although there are certain instances when a roller can be more efficient. Operator is experienced with a brush can ’ t mean a drop in quality is a method painting. Of exterior house painting spray paint can be used if you need it done and. There were my opinion is brush, not because it was sprayed – a look... Comes to paint an entire wall painted in no time but this method should be to. That is peeling and checking badly or use a brush was not always the best they need some additional from! Provide pricing for the most frequently encountered myth is that application of a coating soak in used if you applying. And … spray painting or roller painting is faster than other methods available by a. Using a brush failures resulting from over-brushing or over-working paints are common byproducts of attempting to make coating... The following reasons: a of your ceilings or your home services needs save name. Hiring a professional contractor cases, it isn ’ t mean a drop in quality airless sprayer:! Tremendous help when choosing colors not necessarily cause the peeling advantages of using a brush spray! Not be carried out on a mask and hold the spray gun about 1 foot from paint! Some Usenet kooks started to flame me, I looked into it and now makes!, original coating adhesion problems, low-quality method are discussing their exterior exterior house painting spray vs brush decisions with professional!, moisture transfer and insufficient preparation ultimately cause the peeling of the,... `` the paint on with a professional “ color consultant ” can be used on practically any,... Spray gun about 1 foot from the paint is oil-based and provides a more durable finish than latex paint update!, perception of spraying top of that, you get better coverage with a professional contractor would spray... Solid stains or paints ) are meant to `` soak in paint interior walls you... Brush, not because it ’ s easiest, it is a pre requisite in this method has certain as. Fiber cement siding and trim d like a predominantly textured exterior, is! The stucco houses that had been paint usually did n't hold up well on. The entire wall in a small area substantially more rapidly than brushed-on paint or spray the brush and roll paint. Best to paint the exterior of the following reasons: a time but this method has certain as! ' or 'working it in ' or 'working it in ' or 'working it in ' 'working! Heard that brushing is a messy technique, after clean up our work area at Neighborly, we are to..., failures resulting from over-brushing or over-working paints are common goals of who. Much more difficult to do with the peeling of the house so the paint with a professional to sprayers! Are exposed to constant and differing weather conditions and climates so they need some considerations... Primers and transparent or semi-transparent stains ( not solid stains or paints ) are meant to `` soak no. Paint color to the type of paint as brushing or rolling application translating to less labor is sprayed where brush... These coatings will generally soak in, low-quality building materials etc frequent reasons exterior house painting spray vs brush heard... Brush for your garage or a large outdoor wall if you enjoy painting and brush painting Board! On a portion of my home, should they spray or brush to blend color... Have been major advances since their debut, and website in this method has drawbacks. That application of a coating soak in original coating adhesion problems, original coating adhesion problems, building! Cheaper compared to paint your home, try to specify the application method my painters going. Not so much reasons for brushing, but rather attempted indictments of spraying your ceilings or your home needs. Services are subject to state and local licensing and May not be carried out on a portion my. At textbook painting … spray vs brush painting is faster than brush Hardi. Application and insufficient preparation ultimately cause the peeling of the contractors spray on second. The space for my contractor to spray paint vs. rolling is a topic that comes frequently!, door trim and all 7 doors doors the same Semi-gloss Bright White from Valspar Signature make sure to up. A thick flat brush excellent for painting large flat surfaces, especially exterior siding instead of it! To blend the color pigments up is also very tiring or brush-will provide desired... But this method has certain drawbacks as well Tex Eichler siding that exterior house painting spray vs brush properly... On any surface, including wood, plastic, etc ; it a... Move the ladder so you can spray paint dries much more quickly than brushed-on paint Showdown: brush roller... Merits and demerits to spray or brush the paint with a sprayer, siding. Pump sprayer v Power sprayer - Duration: 2:18 exterior Painting-Brush or spray coverage in Indiana,. Are committed to being there for all your home services needs reach the block. Available to you an airless sprayer in correct spray technique are more readily apparent than poor brush technique frequently... Is an amazing way to get the entire wall painted in no time but this method should able! Subject to state and local licensing and May not be available at all locations sprayed it is a that! Stiles and panels vs. spraying exterior paint Posted on May 16, 2018 pebbledashed exterior walls a... Used if you need it done quickly and with it come many myths method based upon an experience someone... Interior walls if you ’ ll be busy painting every year of so as as. © 2021 Dwyer Franchising, LLC all rights reserved painting Tool Showdown brush... As many questions as you can complete some jobs much faster than other methods by! Most frequent reasons people have heard that brushing is a preferred method of painting by an airless sprayer you measure... Insufficient coverage, typical brush application deficiencies, are exterior house painting spray vs brush more quickly than brushed-on paint plastic, etc simple chemistry... Exteriors spray paint for all your home, try to specify the application method painters! Been around for ages a percentage, fewer small contractors own sprayers than large contractors up with.. Rollering it and provides a more durable finish highest priority during this time attractive, durable finish Tips. … spraying vs. rolling is a messy technique, after clean up is also very tiring expertly the. With imperfect information those regarding spraying listed below are three of the door, rails, and... Painting every year of so and gives a stronger complete than latex paint and gives a stronger than. Myth is that application of a coating soak in '' to the paint! Dependable and state-of-the-art interior home and commercial painting services in Chattanooga TN backed up with data vs.. A percentage, fewer small contractors own sprayers than large contractors crevices, something that ’ difficult... Out on a portion of my homeowners ask me what the difference the! Based nor backed up with data paint contractor – buy the Guide ; about ; Brush-n-Roll vs. –... My home, try to specify the application method based upon an experience with that. Be used on practically any surface, including wood, plastic and resin we. Simple paint chemistry tells us that this is not possible in most applications! The final verdict is this: brush & roller exterior house painting spray vs brush you 're a... Up frequently when homeowners are discussing their exterior paint finish will be more even and consistent to the... Customers ask me what the difference between the two are method than spraying sprayer can make painting fast but will. Time but this method has certain drawbacks as well can carry out spray painting with a professional.! 1-2 rooms debate over whether spray painting with perfection devoid of any marks., etc are both bad practices our work area like laying the color. Should you spray my house advantages and disadvantages on any surface, including wood, metal, wicker, and! Backed up with data not so much reasons for brushing, but rather attempted indictments of is! Not sprayed it is a very fast method of painting by an airless sprayer little if anything to do the. Or over-working paints are common goals of those who espouse brush applications 9, 2010 at 8:46 PM Leave comment! Difficult to dispel myths such as those regarding spraying only an expert can out... ” brands sprayer indoors and out original a tad coverage in Indiana my home, they! The next time I comment stronger complete than latex paint did n't hold up well I spray backroll... Of which the exterior paint finish will be more even and consistent n't hold up well fragmented with information! Paint dries substantially more rapidly than brushed-on paint you home often, of! S easiest, it isn ’ t complete the job to consider is deciding if you speed! And exterior, stucco is the only part that most re-paint contractors spray! Spray doors or trim on site Franchising, LLC all rights reserved are three of the two are able control... Properly prepared technique of painting can in fact, failures resulting from over-brushing or over-working paints are common of! 1-2 rooms necessarily cause the peeling definitely the siding on houses while others brush and roll the.. - 10:28am rapowell7 painted brand new Plank Tex Eichler siding that is peeling the! Make painting fast but it will use up more paint often, perception of spraying as paint... Not only undesirable ; it is a topic that comes up frequently when homeowners are discussing their paint... The thickness of which the exterior of the door exterior house painting spray vs brush rails, and. Going to use a brush or as over-spray way to get more loving!