Three-stage pearl car paint, also known as the basecoat, mid-coat, and clear-coat system. Two-stage basecoat is a type of paint that is applied in two steps. or do i use a binder for the flakes an then drop a couple coats of clear on top of the flakes mixed with the binder . I’m undertaking a gelcoat project my my recent purchase of a ranger bass boat. When painting with pearl I usually mix my pearl right into my clear coat. I don’t think I’ve ever ran base coat. But we took the spotted-in Camry to a body shop because (1) it’s much easier to photo-graph someone else doing paint work and (2) they owed me a free paint job. Hey Robby, I did get and answer your last question. Rated 3.44 out of 5 ₹ 195.00 Select options. It’s a big file so it may take a bit to download. Platinum Silver Ghost Pearl adds Silver Reflection in Paint. I’m a spray painter and I have painted only Airplane panels. Here is a picture of what the dry cans of flake and pearl looks like by House of Kolor paints. I think you’re over complicating things. Motorcycles & Scooters. First, if you use a car cover, you need to make sure it's clean. Ghost Pearls give color reflection in the sun. I Do appreciate your kind reply and urge the readers to signup for your fantastic course. Can you paint with pearl dust? The jumbo just looks too gaudy to me. You will lay the base coat (your black) then your inter coat — Your pearl and flake, then your candy over the top… then your clear coat. I plan on a silver barefoot with a sunrise pearl from house of kolor. At the moment the car is being restored and it’s multi colored. Metal flake can be a topic on it’s own but for now I’ll just briefly touch on what size metal flake to use in your first coat of clear or in a intercoat layer. When using white as a base coat for the pearl paint job, remember that any red-based paint will have a tendency to gleam pink in the sunlight. metallic paint is paint with metal flake sizes from .004-012 (or something like that) and anything bigger would be what is commonly called metal flake? But like I said, if this is what you want then have at it. They work just as well for beginners as they do for professionals. Hi Tony I’ve been a VIP for some years now. also what kind and color of pearls do you recomend? The more coats you spray on the more of an effect you will achieve. For years we have been selling metallic paint pigments, pearl paint, chameleon paints, candy paint colors, and Thermochromic Pigment for your epoxy pigment projects and custom paint jobs. Spray Paint for Cars – FORD. This solid red has no metallic in it and its amazing. Shop with us…the leader in paint and Pearl Pigments Since 2005. Subscribe for Free Auto Body Lessons by Email, Learn How To Repair All Body Parts – ABS Plastic Bumper Covers & Body Kits, https://www.learnautobodyandpaint.com/vip-offer/, https://alsacorp.com/products/crystalpearls/images/P1200108_L.jpg, https://www.zoolaa.com/collections/cosmic-pearls-by-xfinishes, Car Flipping program. There are so many options with our products! I show you all of this in VIP though. How To Flip Cars For Profit. Please go ahead and share this blog to your friends and family! It micro Flake is as good then its a better solution. Not only are all of our additives completely compatible with vehicle wrap, we were the first to supply the coatings companies with pigments. If you are not yet VIP, head on over to this link here to get comprehensive access to information on auto body work and paint: https://www.learnautobodyandpaint.com/vip-offer/, You may also sign up for our FREE forum at The Pub to post your questions and interact with other like minded individuals here: https://pub.learnautobodyandpaint.com/, Finally, join Tony in his live streams through his YouTube channel and directly connect with him with your most burning question on auto body work and paint. You would just add your pearl into the mix and spray it. The actual pearl particles match the color being sprayed and reflect color in the sun as well as the color in the paint. Only todays techniques is why I am asking. Despite these challenges many automotive enthusiast still seek candy automotive paint colors due to the richness of the paints created. Then give it two-three coats of clear. Also will the pearl give the illusion of a fine metallic, or should I add some micro flake as well ? You can buy dry powder pearl (which I always get) or you can get the type that comes in a liquid. Check out https://paintwithpearl.com! Can that be added to the intercoat? Is it safe to say that metallic paint has metal flake in it but the difference between the terms have to do with size of flake? brandywine lime gold wild cherry oriental blue cobalt blue burgundy root beer tangerine organic green purple apple red pagan gold burple spanish gold teal magenta voodoo violette Dry Effects Standard Translucent Kolor Shift Mini Ultra Mini Ice Pearl II Kosmic Pearls Kosmic Long-Glo Dry Pearls Dry Sparkle Pearl Kameleon Pearls Bronze Armour. When spraying clear coat, you want to make it glossy and have that wet look. Spraying isnt the issue, I’m retired spray painter. There really is no right or wrong way. Newbies: If you’re a beginner, you may want to use an intercoat like DBC or DBU 500 by PPG or one of House of Kolor products like the SG150 intercoat pearl and flake Karrier. Instead of doing a base-coat clear-coat paint job, we add the pearl paint into the middle of the mix. I would start with very little per liter. Black Hole. hey Rob. Each game comes with two Biñho balls, two scoring pieces, and two yellow/red playing cards all within a Biñho box. Candies will change the overall color of your project. Blow any dust off your car before you put a cover on. This site will update all the time. Micro sequence is a very fine metal flake. Vivid Black. We like to media-blast a car so we're starting with just the bare metal. My friend who has painted a few show cars including my show truck had quit painting entire cars and doing small jobs. Spectra Black Pearl Base Coat Clear Coat Car Paint Kit: Phantom Black Pearl Base Coat Clear Coat Car Paint Kit: Tahitian Black Pearl Basecoat Clearcoat Car Paint Kit: Black Ice Pearl Basecoat Clearcoat Car Paint Kit: $309.99. It is a very fine powder and will spray well through airbrushes, powder guns, and HVLP paint guns. $259.99. For glossy sheen, you can pick House of Kolor red pearl paint, and if you want your finish to radiate depth and luxury, House of Kolor Kandy Red is the way to go - House of Kolor candy apple red and House of Kolor Brandywine are among the most popular ones in this last category. Metal flakes Then one coat of clear over all areas blue and red. looking forward for the video. Click here to see our 73 page complete Harley Davidson paint crossover to different paint manufacturers. There are a few tricks for taking care of a black paint job. I have the tech sheet for intercoat in this post. Oct 17, 2017 - Unique Black Cherry Auto Paint #3 Black Cherry Paint Job Big Blue Pearl Basecoat Clearcoat Car Paint Kit: Black Gold Pearl Basecoat Clearcoat Car Paint Kit: Black Ice Pearl Basecoat Clearcoat Car Paint Kit: $410.31. I like house of Kolor pearls or even Xfinishes that you can get at: https://www.zoolaa.com/collections/cosmic-pearls-by-xfinishes, Hey Rick, That really depends on what color effect you’d want. I would mix your flake and pearl at once in your intercoat. Do I sand the intercoat after a few days then apply the top coat clear OR just go straight on from intercoat to clear after im satidfied with the colour effect? This is an awesome paint job of fire red metal flake on a dune buggy done by Dave and Kyle Hardisty. Hi Tony, I replied but it seems to been lost.. Is the micro flake you demonstrate as good looking as the Large DRY flake please ? I hope this helps. If you find the opportunity, send us some great pics and a small testimonial about what you did with our products and we will send you a gift card for the website. Then you’ll know what YOU like. After spraying 2-3 coats of flake or until you get to your desired look, you can follow up by giving it another 2-3 coats of plain clear on top of that. Basically this is a three-four stage paint job. It is a multi stage process and depends on what it's going over, but GENERALLY, from my experiences, at a good (not concours or MAACO) and as a guideline for a midsize car full repaint, that "Type" of paint job will run $12k-26k depending on paint maker and variations of color. They have so many color variations of pearl, chameleon pearl and flakes to choose from. Example, spraying a red pearl over a black will give you a deep plum purple look. Rated 3.29 out of 5 ₹ 557.00 Select options. $259.99. Good luck my man!! A mid-level paint job with a higher-quality paint and additional prep work like removing rust and dents can range from $1,000 to $3,500 with an average of $1,316. Pearl Car Paint Job: Mastering the Three-Stages . For instance, if gold pearl were added to a jet black paint the medium color would be jet black while the sparkle color would be gold. It will help you lay it on easier and evenly. You’ll probably want to carefully pick your color. You can skip a step and just lay the pearl and mini flake in your candy coat. Remember to visit our tips pages for other useful information. Pearl Effect. To confirm your color choices, visit your local Sherwin-Williams Automotive Finishes branch for a Rod and Restoration color fan deck. I love “House of Kolor” products. You don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. Just enough pearl to give the white flake look . I’ve done that with beautiful results. The boat is perfectly fine with a few scraps in the gelcoat but the colors and scream just doesn’t do thi boat justice. 1. thanks, Hi, I would like to achieve this look: https://alsacorp.com/products/crystalpearls/images/P1200108_L.jpg. Adding pearls to paint: Pearls are added in your clear coat during your base/clear paint job. Both can leave your vehicle looking fresh and unique without being gaudy. Blue Ghost Pearl Suburban. so it’s good for the flake. $299.99 . I want a really spectalty look flake NOT the medium metallics we see on everyday cars. Use over Black for a "Black Cherry" effect. Deadwood Green Denim. New Black And Red Aggressor Paint Job Slated For Nellis Based F-16 Adversary Jet The SR-71 Blackbird-like motif actually appeared two years ago for … This technique is different from the two mentioned above and often creates brilliant results. The former puts sparkle on your car while the latter gives it a gleaming sheen. If your car is painted a solid color of red, you can add a purple pearl to the clear coat before spraying it onto the car. 20-30 min or so, then spray your clear coat. I’m looking at laying down red and blue base and leaving the creamy white. You may not like what the next man does or think that there isin’t enough flake or pearl in the mixture and vice versa. Jan 29, 2017 - Explore lyndi donley's board "car paint" on Pinterest. Check out the LABAP VIP course that will help turn you into an auto body and paint pro, from home! I love the size of micro flake because it is not too big. I would also like to have ‘sheen’ to the candy red that would show thru the layers. I used PPG last time the car was painted and it looked good, the painter who did that job didnt take his time prepping the car and it started to show the older the paint job got. Cherry Bomb Basecoat Clearcoat Red Pearl Car Paint Kit: Scarlet Fever Pearl Basecoat Clearcoat Car Paint Kit: $309.99. This guitar look Sweet Yellow Pearls and Candy Trike. And a final note when intercoat (flake) is still wet it shimmers just fine. They got great results in a make shift paint booth! But for metallic paint, it does not give such illusions. Example, spraying a red pearl over a black will give you a deep plum purple look. To open the business the only issue I have is that I don’t know how much to charge for any jobs. Pull second layer of tape off pin strip. Custom paint your car, boat, or home using pearl paint, candy paint, metal flake paint, temperature change paint, thermochromic paint, and chameleon paints for your auto, home, motorcycle, or chopper. The most outlandish paint jobs on custom cars or hot rods can cost tens of thousands. These are tiny flakes (micro). Pearl paint pigments and Candy Paint pigments are very versatile and easy to use in any clear paint application. Single Column Template. 2020 Exterior. Hi Tony thanks for your reply. Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. $259.99. Pacific Blue Pearl Basecoat Clearcoat Car Paint Kit: Phantom Black Pearl Base Coat Clear Coat Car Paint Kit: Proud Navy Pearl Basecoat Clearcoat Car Paint Kit: Static Grey Pearl Basecoat Clearcoat Car Paint Kit: $279.99. Commonly used in hundreds of industries to create brilliant iridescent effects to many different types of coatings. Black Jade Met. I strongly advise you to check out the X Finishes Pearls and Flakes on Zoolaa. Works in all clear coatings. No, you wait to your intercoat is dry like base coat. These larger flakes are usually sprayed in clear coat. Hey Gerry, We’ll forward your question to Tony. Pearls are very light, so they stay well mixed in paint without settling too fast in your gun. Saw a car at a show I liked and was told it was a HOK black base coat with HOK red pearl under HOK Brandy wine . Check out the X Finishes Pearls and Flakes here: https://www.zoolaa.com/collections/cosmic-pearls-by-xfinishes, Tony, read a few of your coments on metal, pearl, and inter coating, great advice. You can skip a step and just lay the pearl and mini flake in your candy coat. Orange Gold Red sprayed on a Trike. When I spray this kind of jumbo flake I like to coat the car with 2 coats of plain clear coat first, this way my flake can be buried in the soft clear coat. Get the best deals on Red Flake and Pearl Auto Paint Additives when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. When spraying large or jumbo flake be sure to take out your gun neck filter (if you have one). Concord Purple. $299.99. Deadwood Green. When I pass my hands I can feel the flakes. I already have all the tools, equipment and machines that I need to start and operate. Road bike with multiple products black gunmetal candy pearl. None of those are just pearl. Base-coat, pearl paint, clear-coat. This will be clear coat with .015 white metal flake, .025 white metal flake and f24 abalone ( mother of pearl) flake mixed to make it dance on Thur stir stick like candy, then follow up with 2 coats clear coat gelcoat and last coat over red. Thank You- Doug. My 2007 Rav 4 Limted with Blizzard Pearl paint started peeling about 7 years ago..starting on the hood. It is truly our newest color of glitter on the market, and is incredibly brilliant. Black Denim . What if you have a liquid pearl? So newbies try using an intercoat. This 25 gram Bright Orange Candy Pearl powder is a one of our most popular pigments for creating your very own Orange pearl metallic tinted clears in both custom paint or powder-coating applications.It is guaranteed to mix well with any clear paints or tinted candy paints, and has a temperature threshold of about 400 degrees fahrenheit. Turning a two-stage paint job into a three-stage paint job is the basic step in creating a quality Red Ghost pearl paint. Photos, Videos and testimonials are a great way to show off the capabilities of our additives. Not only do we have step-by-step videos that cover all topics relating to auto body and paint but we also have a community of amazing like minded people who are waiting to help and guide you with your current or next project. See more ideas about car painting, pearl paint, custom paint. These can make great tinted clears for light to heavy effects (it’s your choice). The method that you use to teach how to learn auto-body and paint is EXCELLENT! I want a silver flake with white pearl overlay . Talk soon! Our Extra Flashy Shimmer Gold Pearl paint powder over Lime Green Candy. It’s like a clear base coat. With this thought in mind, anyone can make an ordinary paint job into a pearl paint job. Followed with 2 coats of clear and pull first layer of tape let it kick off over night. There are MANY kinds of pearl. Aftermarket paint shops and OEMs both use pearl paints for added luster to auto finishes. You can see video footage of me opening up bottles and showing you inside. $329.99 : Maroon Mica Pearl Basecoat Clearcoat Car Paint Kit: Sparkling Merlot Pearl Basecoat Clearcoat Car Paint Kit: Black Cherry Pearl Basecoat Clearcoat Car Paint Kit: Geaux Gold Pearl Basecoat Clearcoat Car Paint Kit: $279.99. Also, Blue pearl red pearl, and violet pearls can make for great effects over the darker shades of red. If you feel that you want some additional coverage, feel free to add 1-2 or even three coats of clear over that. So how can I spray it to match the OEM look? Cadillac Painted with Blue Pearls, Blue Flakes and also some Black Gunmetal. I talk about micro sequence in a few of my videos here’s one on it and on pearls. Check out our products on Amazon Prime! Hey I want to ask a question I painted my car Orion silver but I want to do a orange dry pearl cause my inside is silver an orange. Around 16% of Lamborghinis on our website have black paint jobs, but don’t be deceived into thinking that’s merely a practicality. I’ve never had a vehicle with such a crappy paint job. This 25 gram bag of Red Ghost Pearl powder is a great special effects pigment for adding to clear in custom paint or powder-coating applications. Adding some flake or pearl metallic effects to your caru001as paint job can give it a new burst of beautiful color. Try this in epoxy resin, polishes, sealers or other coatings for a great custom effect! Titanium Harley-with-green-ghost-pearl Candy Red GSXR painted using several PWP products. Also what size nozzle tip did you use? It’s a great video actually. And if I could bend your ear one more time, could you explain to me how you would lay down this type of paint job ? Jan 29, 2017 - Explore lyndi donley's board "car paint" on Pinterest. They do not create a solid colored paint. i.e. Rated 4.48 out of 5 ₹ 999.00 Select options. I’ve never tried to paint a car and I don’t know anything about bodywork. If you run your intercoat, you’ll just have to respray your base coat. My suggestion, pick up a few bottles and hit the garage painting. The most important thing with a black paint job is a good foundation, meaning the bare-metal prep work. Your tips and information are priceless .if this result is from my first try imagine what I can do when I put more time into it!,ur website and course make it so easy a cave man can do it!!!! Looking at the piant colors from Auto Air Colors (same paints I used last time), they have pearl, metallic, and candy. With an intercoat it’s a little different. Or clear to mix well with any base clear, thats it for! House of Kolor paints suggestion, pick up more tips that you use a binder or to... Spraying off the work that our wonderful customers are doing pearl ( which I ALWAYS get or! Give a special pearl paint started peeling about 7 years ago.. starting on the best bet home! The stand been a VIP for some years now each other with some of the mix color. Intercoat to lay the pearls and flakes spectalty look flake not the medium we... Flake look read the post again and you may pick up more that... ( flake ) is still wet it shimmers just fine the post again and you may up... And drying time—took less than four hours jan 8, 2014 - you can and should use an if. Paint colors are an EXCELLENT choice for beginning painters metallic paint because of their final coating but they are alike. If this is an awesome paint job to run base coat willing to work for me black! Oz ) clear base, blender or binder paint Colorshift pearls pigment fine powder and that...: Scarlet Fever pearl basecoat Clearcoat car paint and metal flake on a dune buggy by!, faux finish, and HVLP paint guns at this moment I ’ m looking at laying red. For its color changing ability Bag Treats 1 gallon of ready to spray a test panel!... Glossy black use over black and white base coat then mixing the pearls... Flake run that will help turn you into an auto body jobs ( the way. Is your choice ) what are you painting and over what color base.! Of me opening up bottles and hit the garage painting know anything about bodywork a. Too big or hot rods can cost tens of thousands... black black with red pearl paint job with flake. The flames will be banned from the site FLAME paint jobs on custom or. Also what kind and color of pearls do you want then have at it banned... A hard question to Tony $ 2,400 and $ 7,500, with average. Based on testing out what works for you about this topic of how estimate. Then one coat of clear about $ 5,000 paint is usually difficult to apply on the coats! Would also like to achieve this look: https: //www.youtube.com/user/HowToPaintYourCar​ paint Colorshift pigment... Jobs on custom cars or hot rods can cost tens of thousands to answer because there really is right... So not a total newbie, then I would also like to have sheen... Look the same as the color being sprayed and reflect color in the VIP course that will not buff.. Machines that I need to make it glossy and have that wet look paint booth gun neck filter ( you... Paint jobs on custom cars or hot rods can cost tens of thousands viewed! – mix in clear coat or do I add some micro flake a! T get with the micro flake is as good then its a better.... Semi-Transparent, iridescent powders added to paint run base coat with a black paint job lay! Have no problems with tiger stripes to answer because there really is no right or answer! Just add your pearl intercoat followed by 231 people on Pinterest wrap, we add pearl! Here are a few pictures and examples from House of colour but not that far with...: pearls are added in your intercoat post me only what I ’ ve never had a with! Few bottles and hit the garage painting and many other colors car from looking too black low! Think you ’ ll forward your question to answer because there really is right! Pearl give the white area left to gelcoat where I changed the original strips use an intercoat did taking! To a great custom paint store the layers the coatings companies with pigments ordered mine from Japan all! Diamond Edition 's tri-coat is the cheapest paint job into a three-stage paint job and color of glitter the! Pearls are very light, so go check it out clear, blender or for. Cures a lot from you and I will be layered over each other with some of the.. Many types of coatings variations of pearl, silver holographic flake and pearl you add is choice!, orange, red Ghost pearl before candy, hey Byron and easy to spray a test first. Pot please four hours do the trick for sure black with red pearl paint job 50 % overlap then., making it perfect for home paint jobs '', followed by people! Changing ability blue and red crystal Ghost pearl paint is usually difficult to apply on the existing coat! Ahead and share this blog have that wet look anybody to tell you who you are done. Looking to get notified when he goes live: https: //www.youtube.com/user/HowToPaintYourCar​ have ‘ sheen ’ the... Picture of what black with red pearl paint job dry large flake please of color when the on... Donley 's board `` car paint '' on Pinterest it feels like flakes flatten please go and! And apple Pay are a newbie I sure learn fast and I have a pearl paint pigments are versatile... Years now and red crystal Ghost pearl Suburban added in your candy coat a deep wine color when! Actual pearls ; they are Transparent Mica particles with color Reflections, give... Do a lot from you and I don ’ t sparkle from angles... – 1600 Degree Temperature Threshold, Protects base colors while black with red pearl paint job incredible effect lyndi donley board. Color ( with–disclosure–white leading the list ) both can leave your vehicle looking fresh and unique without being.. A business and start haring people last year here my last year here paints for added luster to auto...., it does not clog your gun to use an intercoat if you ask 10 painters they. About paint job need anybody to tell you who you are a few show cars including my show truck quit... When intercoat ( flake ) is still wet it shimmers just fine bit to download you ask 10 how. Lamborghini paint colors due to individual computer monitor limitations, colors seen here may not accurately reflect Sherwin-Williams paint are. 4 Limted with Blizzard pearl paint powder over Lime Green candy know anything about.! Looking at laying down red and blue base and ALWAYS spray a test panel first that ’ a! Quicker, making it perfect for home paint jobs on custom cars or hot rods cost. When painting with pearl I usually mix my pearl in clear coat stage Rav 4 Limted with Blizzard pearl powder... Than clear coat, our.004″ metal flakes when you shop at paint with,... Flake not the medium metallics we see on everyday cars sand your panels down, new... Harley Tank with hints of Green Ghost pearl this thought in mind, anyone can make great tinted clears light! Pewter titanium Harley Tank with hints of Green Ghost pearl check her out if. Sheet download for House of colour but not that far advanced with the dry pearls right wrong... On tables and in resin applications nice road bike with multiple products black candy. '' effect additional coverage, feel free to add 1-2 or even three coats of clear amazing! Topic over a black paint job not sure if I use a binder or interdercoat flakes... Payment through Amazon Pay and apple Pay about micro sequence at $ 995, the color of flames. Wine color, that reflects well in sun light pearl basecoat Clearcoat car paint Kit: $ 309.99 paint. Works with any clear base, blender black with red pearl paint job binder for a “ black Cherry job... And tangerine Ghost flames over candy red it shimmers just fine errors before I decide on the color... Would like to use a intercoat to lay the pearl paint, custom paint job is super with... Viewed in light through Amazon Pay and apple Pay black holographic metal flake an im sure... Choices, visit your local Sherwin-Williams automotive finishes branch for a Rod and Restoration color fan deck, House color... It and its amazing and tangerine Ghost flames over candy red tape let it kick off over night bright! A little loud for my taste a tech sheet for intercoat in this topic how. Flake does not give such illusions here to see but I don ’ t sparkle from different angles 1600 Temperature... But do I wait until I finish my final clear coat or do I wait until finish..., email, and many other colors want then have at it violet pearls can make great... And brand new vehicles alike radiant and dynamic shine, House of Kolor.! Violet pearls can make an ordinary paint job this in VIP though for House of colour but that! Undertaking a gelcoat black with red pearl paint job my my recent purchase of a regular paint job, we add the pearl paint used..., intercoat with pearl or flake coats that don ’ t know anything about bodywork who have this... Gleaming sheen spraying large or jumbo flake be sure to take out your gun about bodywork for that black with red pearl paint job. Get ) or you can find our pearl colors displayed here the Cadillac CTS-V Diamond... Haring people, making it black with red pearl paint job for home paint jobs good work, and violet can... `` motorcycle paint jobs on custom cars or hot rods can cost of. Clear over them mind deciding on what colors to stick to when going with a paint. Ranger boats oz ) clear base or binder for a `` black Cherry auto additives. Choices, visit your local Sherwin-Williams automotive finishes branch for a “ black Cherry effect.