“It’s a pay-to-play private lake, so you have to pay a few bucks. The lake is narrow but extremely long, spanning a total of 13 miles with many waterways throughout the lake where you can only access using a boat with an outboard motor. The GPS coordinates for this Lake are 39.9212113 (latitude), -76.3919061 (longitude) and the approximate elevation is 184 feet (56 meters) above sea level. Here are a few “secret” spots. Either way, you’ll catch a lot of bass no matter what you’re fishing with.” – Chuck. To book a cabin call 1-306-832-2008 thanks everyone for all your support The lake itself doesn’t have a horsepower restriction, so you want to be careful here. Here’s what he said: “The big thing that we’ve had helping us is warmer temperatures throughout the year. Great place for families! Only fished here a couple of times but wonder why I don't do it more often. Also, Beltzville offers plenty of space for you to fish from the shore. If you’re passing through and looking for a quick place to get your line wet for a few hours, you’ll have no problem casting from the shore here. Smallmouth are popular here, and you can expect to catch anything between 2-4lbs on average. Fishing Creek - Susquehanna Tributary, York County, 10 miles away Class II-III - 6 miles long (Martinsville to Lake Clarke) Broad Creek, Harford County, 15 miles away Class I-II - 4.5 miles long (MD Route 136 to Maryland Route 623) Deer Creek, Harford County, 17 miles away Class I-III - 43.5 miles long (Bond Road to Susquehanna River) When he said that to me, it was like a lightbulb went off in my head. Needed to make sure the previous day's rope-eating didn't damage anything. The manmade Keystone Lake is stocked with trout at the beginning of each April, but also has a variety of other warm and cold water fish, including muskie, carp, northern pike, bass, and more. The marina also offers pontoon boat rentals. Click on any of the pins on the Lancaster County map or narrow your search by selecting a place type (e.g. Keep in mind that the rivers flow through most of the state, so I’ll try to give you my perspective on where to fish the river rather than just telling you which river to fish. But like I said, there’s just something about these backwater ponds that puts butterflies in my stomach when I think about it. Indulging her passion for wide open spaces and outdoor fitness through the written word on a full-time basis since 2010, author Jodi Thornton-O'Connell takes the mystery out of outdoor skills and guides readers to discover fun ways to physically connect to natural surroundings. This is video from a boat going north on Lake Clark with the camera panning around to the south. Followers 698 Catches 73 Spots 11 When I was a kid, we used to come here, fish for a few hours, head over to the shore, eat and then take it back out onto the water for a few more hours. Gifford Pinchot State Park in North Central York County near Lewisberry, off Route 83. That’s where the real fishing happens! You pay him a few bucks, and he opens the gate. I spoke with some friends and family members in the making of this article, and I wanted to let them sound off on some of their favorite spots that people might not know about. If you’re planning a trip to PA, maybe you moved here, or you’re just curious if Pennsylvania bass are worth the trip, this guide will help show you that the best bass always come from PA! Fishing Lake Clarke, PA on 11/2/2020 will be best from 12:00AM through 12:00AM, and from 12:00AM to 12:00AM. This was always my dad’s favorite lake to fish, and we cleaned up here every time. Your email address will not be published. Put your boat in the water at the park’s public ramps or tie up at a park slip you can rent by the day or the season. You’ll also find muskies, walleyes and catfish in this stretch of river. Another annoying thing is that they won’t let you launch your own boat – you have to use theirs. Boat ramp and water trail access. It’s just all about knowing how to find them. Moving down towards Central PA, you’ll find the Juniata, which is another dynamite spot for the best smallmouth angling. Upper Woods, Lower Woods, Bronsons, and Hortons, these are the places where you’ll have a heck of a good time and catch a lot of bass while you’re at it. Make sure you’ve got four-wheel drive because it’s a bumpy road and not a great launch either.”. Rt. Report Pennsylvania Fishing Report – January 7, 2021. Prompton is a well known large and smallmouth bass lake with an abundance of walleye and yellow perch as well. The Susquehanna river’s broad, shallow waters make it an ideal place for standing mid-stream to cast a fly or troll from a watercraft without the worry of commercial boat traffic. If your heart’s hooked on reeling in a brookie, brown or rainbow trout, you’ll find plenty swimming in the cold-water creeks that flow into the Susquehanna. It’s about 60 feet deep at its maximum points, so you want to locate the islands in the middle and cast around the perimeter. Although its western portions are a noted trout stream, the eastern end near the Susquehanna is bass territory. There’s an old farmhouse outside where you pull up, toot the horn a few times, and an old man comes out. As fishermen, we know there are times when our favorite spots are just not active so we built our Hot Spots feature to show you where the fish are biting in the area of Clark Lake. Because the year-round temperature has been really mild, it’s helped the population grow back to legal size, so now many people are enjoying the river again.” – Pete. Long Level Marina works to ensure safe, recreational boating for more than sixty mooring customers, over 400 dry storage customers, and thousands of other boaters in this freshwater haven … These are the places where you find the best bass fishing in PA and the country for that matter. 1552 Long Level Road, Wrightsville, PA 17368 Find your perfect spot among the river’s secluded islands to tempt smallmouths throughout the day using minnows or plastic crayfish and worms. I completely forgot about these two ponds I grew up fishing all the time with my dad. Lackawanna State Park - The lake contains both cold-water and warm-water species of fish. If you’re in Northeastern PA, this is the place you want to fish. Here you’ll find a lot of grass and vegetation, but the lake, for the most part, is pretty clear even around the shoreline. Prompton is a well known large and smallmouth bass lake with an abundance of walleye and yellow perch as well. Both largemouth and smallmouth bass live in its waters, along with a variety of fishy friends, including channel catfish, walleye, carp and white crappie. PA's Best Fishing Waters Biologist Reports Summary of PA Regulations Opening Days and Seasons Fishing License Agents Charter Boats / Fishing Guides PA Fishing FAQ's PA Fishing Licenses FAQ's PA League of Angling Youth FishBoatPA Mobile App-Apple FishBoatPA Mobile App-Google From this access you can boat or paddle over to the Conejohela Flats which serve as vital habitat for a variety of shore and migratory bird species. This stunning lake is surrounded by rolling hills and greenery. These two ponds are located in Lebanon, PA, in Wayne County. A dam at the Safe Harbor hydroelectric plant impounds the lake, and you’ll find some of the best fishing in the tailrace area where the turbine generators discharge. Head to more good fishing among the Washington Boro Islands upstream from the dam. It’s a wide, shallow river which makes it ideal for bass fishing, but it also means the current can build up pretty strong at times, so make sure you’ve got a solid charge on your motor or plenty of gas to power it. Here is where you’ll find the most abundant smallmouth bass opportunities, plus bass fishing is allowed here all year long except from April 11th to June 11th. Lake Augusta provides more than 4 miles of deep waters where you can catch smallies, walleyes, muskies, pike, catfish and crappie. Good pan fishing all along the lake’s banks especially near the access area near the Ranger station. After that, a lot of the population died off, and it took a while for them to mature. Each spring, the world’s largest inflatable dam goes up, impounding the waters along the confluence of the north and west branches of the Susquehanna. I spoke with Pete from Pete’s Bait in Clarks Summit, PA. I’ve been shopping locally from Pete for years, and I knew he was a big smallmouth guy on the river. They stock the lake with striped bass, walleye, and brown trout, but it’s a great spot for both largemouth bass and smallmouth bass. They’re both approximately 80 acres with a maximum depth of 60 feet. Keep in mind that this list isn’t the “end all be all.” Everyone has their style of bass fishing and some people may stray towards other lakes and ponds that I wouldn’t. Being from Pennsylvania means there’s a lot of the best fishing, and there are ponds everywhere. If those times won’t work for you, 12:00AM to 12:00AM looks promising , as does 12:00AM to 12:00AM … http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Clarke_%28Pennsylvania%29 Both largemouth and smallmouth bass live in its waters, along with a variety of fishy friends, including channel catfish, walleye, carp and white crappie. For a long time, we weren’t able to fish the Susquehanna because of the bacteria breakouts. With a little luck, you might even catch Northern pike, muskie, pickerel or sauger. We had a speedboat and some jet skis, and every weekend during the summer, we’d be up the “paupack” as locals call it. This is great for fly fishing, but if you’re trying to catch a bass you can keep, you’ll want to head to the lower part of the river. There are a few caveats, though. When you’re fishing a big bass lake in PA, you want to locate the smaller alcoves that the big boats can’t access. Life jackets are provided. It’s all in the small ponds you find through your friend of a friend. Spinnerbaits and other topwaters are successful here as well as naturally colored jig heads. Your email address will not be published. 2. Just letting everyone know we are taking bookings for ice fishing sorry no day fishing allowed at this time. A lot of stumps so fish around those towards the back of the pond.”. You’ll find public access to the creek at Susquehanna State Park and Susquehannock State Park. I suggest launching from the Monroe/Pike county area during the Spring and Fall. All the rivers in PA are loaded with smallmouth bass, and while I’ve never found anything too huge here, you’ll have a lot of fun if you know the best bass locations. Lehigh Valley, PA. How to Install a Fish Finder: Supplies, Location, and Methods, Down Imaging vs. Side Imaging: Differences and Similarities. It’s a smaller pond, and you can only use small outboard motors. Each pontoon boat rental seats 10 people. Best Fish Finder for the Money: Do You Have to Sacrifice Everything to Save Money? The purpose of this drawdown is to support an inspection of the dam as required by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. It took a few (thousand) throws for him to become obsessed with mastering every possible fishing style, technique, and lure. If you decide to hit Upper Woods, I’d recommend finding the dam and fish along there. Best Fishing Times near Lake Clarke. I’m Pennsylvania born and raised, and I’ve spent my entire life fishing these waters. There’s a lot of small channels for you to work, and I always suggest hitting up any tributaries you can find. Elm, PA - Safe Harbor Water Power Corporation, a hydroelectric generating station on the lower Susquehanna River, announces plans to draw down the water level in Lake Clarke above the Safe Harbor Dam. Lake Clarke Marina at Long Level offers boat launching services, storage, maintenance, and refueling. Enjoy some of the Susquehanna's best bass fishing at Clarke Lake just downstream from Wrightsville. “It’s in Waymart in Wayne County. The western reaches of Penn’s Creek provides some of the best fly fishing in the entire state as it flows through the Bald Eagle State Forest into the Buffalo Valley. Renters must be at least 30 years of age with proof of PA Boaters Safety Certification or … Thornhurst Township. Don’t expect to catch anything too big as I think the biggest bass I’ve ever pulled out of Prompton was maybe four pounds. It is the largest lake … Free shipping on orders over $50 and FREE pick-up at your local store if you buy online! It’s a 5,700-acre lake located between Pike and Wayne County in Northeastern, PA. Lake Clark provides excellent fishing opportunities for adventurous anglers. I’ve fished this lake many times in the winter, and it’s extremely popular here with local ice anglers. Lock 2 features an upper and lower Boat Ramp and Access area and is located along the part of the river known as Lake Clarke, the ten-mile lake formed behind Safe Harbor Dam. For Coty, he didn't love bass fishing at first cast. Overfishing, Conservation, Sustainability, and Farmed Fish. Boat Rental Hours are Monday thru Sunday 9am to 5pm. I recommend Prompton for those with families because there’s a lot that you can do here. Here’s a few others to look into: I hope you got a lot out of this fishing guide. You’ll want to access it through the Delaware Water Gap Recreation Area. I can tell you that bass fishing in PA is serious business and everyone has their spots. Alternate Fishing Times: 12:00AM to 12:00AM, and 12:00AM to 12:00AM. I literally grew up on this lake and lived about 15 minutes from it. The lake contains basically any fish you could want to catch with plenty of large and smallmouth bass here. The GPS Fishing Guide to Pennsylvania For iPhone & Android - an interactive GPS fishing map of Pennsylvania with complete color coded stream maps, lake maps, road maps, satellite images, and seamless 7.5 minute USGS topographic maps. FISHING. Unfortunately, a lot of the bacteria issues have impacted the fishing of this river as well. Lake Erie. Just downstream of the park, there are many pull offs for easy water access. The lake also offers ice fishing when conditions permit. Another hotspot is the confluence with Penns Creek. We’re staying in Northeast PA for the second lake, and this one is Prompton. You can catch a wide assortment of fish, including rock bass, pumpkinseed, suckers, and of course, largemouth and smallmouth. The river is huge, and it doesn’t narrow up too much, so be careful of currents and keep standard safety protocol in mind. There are a few different places where you can launch, but you want to stay away from the larger speedboats and stay on the right side of the buoys. It’s the formation of two different rivers coming together, and the further south you go, the larger the bass get. The most popular section of Kettle Creek is along PA Route 144 near Ole Bull State Park. Most people here are vacationing from New York City, and they casually fish from the shore. Another five miles downstream is where the 1.7-mile-long Catch and Release Fly Fishing Only Special Regulation Area originates, which is a major draw for fly rod anglers. Nice lake in Pennsylvania very close to Sandy Lake. Lackawanna Lake. In fact, one of the original purposes in the founding legislation is preservation of the watershed for the perpetuation of the sockeye salmon fishery. ... by PA Fish and Boat Commission. The thing that makes this lake different is it’s a private lake and an RV campground. It’s famous for its smallies -- smallmouth bass -- bass, but you can drop a hook for catfish, walleye and panfish as well. When you purchase our Lake Maps App, you get all the great marine chart app features like fishing spots, along with Clarke, Aldred, Conowingo lake … It’s a private pond, and their boats are rough (and that’s being kind). I recommend Prompton for those with families because there’s a lot that you can do here. Find More Fishing Places in Lancaster County: Lake (15) Stream (127) Lancaster County, Pennsylvania is home to 142 lakes, rivers, and other fishing spots. I recommend angling North as much as possible around Lewistown. This man-made reservoir in Bethlehem offers a variety of unique attractions for all ages, including the famous waterpark full of inflatables and scuba courses for all levels that allow swimmers to explore a submerged firetruck, school bus, and airplane. WELCOME TO. All seems good! The lake is located in Lake Ariel, PA, in Wayne County, and it’s only a few miles from Lake Wallenpaupack. If you’re traveling with kids and want to take them somewhere they’ll catch a lot of fish and enjoy themselves, Prompton is a great spot. I’ve also fished Hortons a handful of times, and I remember precisely what Adam said. This lake offers a ton of different species of fish, and boats up to 45mph are allowed on this lake, so it’s similar to Lake Wallenpaupack. Here’s a really interesting one for you. Clarke, Aldred, Conowingo (Fishing Map : US_PA_clarke_aldred_conowingo) Clarke, Aldred, Conowingo fishing map is available as part of iBoating : USA Marine & Fishing App (now supported on multiple platforms including Android, iPhone/iPad, MacBook, and Windows (tablet and phone)/PC based chartplotter .). Let’s start with the bigger lakes. As a third-generation angler, he as a plethora of knowledge and experience on the water and loves sharing what he knows. The last choice for big lakes is a 950-acre reservoir located a short drive from Jim Thorpe, PA. Lake Nockamixon. There are nearly 15 rivers that flow into the lake, so that’s where you want to fish from a boat. Pinchot Lake. It’s great for beginner bass fishing though. If you’re planning a fishing trip to PA, I highly recommend taking a walk off the beaten path to try and find some of those lesser-known fishing locations. I recommend hitting Beltzville during the spring and fall when most of the bigger boats are gone. In the back of the lake is a waterfall with a lot of rocks surrounding it, I can remember dropping anchor over there and pulling in one smallie after another. Rich 'FishAholic' Janitschek highlights how to ice fish at a new lake for a variety of freshwater species. Best Fishing Times: 12:00AM to 12:00AM, and 12:00AM to 12:00AM. Another hot trout stream is Mahantango Creek. Long Level Marina. Nestled in the Pinchot State Forest, Crystal Lake is a private, spring-fed lake, which offers 45 acres of outdoor recreation. 79 passes right through the Lake which makes it very accessible. Crystal Lake. Perch and most panfish were in high abundance here. Wilhelm also has a nice bike trail that goes around the Lake. POV while buzzing around the river. During my time fishing the paupack, I always looked for the islands throughout the lake. About Fishing Hot Spots for Clark Lake near Carmi So you're interested in fishing Clark Lake. Finally, it’s time to talk about the rivers. by Rich Janitschek. They stock it with bass, and you can also fish Upper Woods. Susquehana River Trail Association: GPS Coordinates and Maps, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission: Susquehanna River Trail, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission: Catch and Release Bass Regulations, Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources: Shikellamy State Park, Fish on Pennsylvania: Lake Clarke on the Susquehanna, Fly Anglers Online: Great Rivers -- Penns Creek Map, Fly Anglers Online: Great Rivers -- Penns Creek. Lower Woods has a bass program where they stock it, but a lot of them swim upstream to Upper Woods. Required fields are marked *. Situated along the west shores of Lake Clarke in York County south-central Pennsylvania, Long Level Marina provides a premier boating experience to nearly 500 storage customers. The boats are all patched up and slightly taking on water, but hey, the bass are crazy. Plus, the lake has an excessive bass population. The Delaware separates PA and NJ on the east, and it’s a huge river with plenty of opportunities. It is approximately 12 miles (19 km) long centered within the Conejohela Valley approximately 6 miles (9.7 km) downstream of historic Wright's Ferry (1630−1901). Buckle up! Humminbird vs Lowrance: Who Makes The Better Fish Finder? These are the places where you might find a lot of anglers on the water, larger boats, and even people swimming, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t plenty of bass hiding around waiting for someone to drop the right bait. If you’re looking for the best place to catch bass in PA, I’ll always give you the same answer. The park and preserve includes some of the most pristine fishery habitats in the National Park system. I am more than excited to bring this article to you! If you stay towards the North around Raystown, you’ll find what looks like a large stream. Technically, Lake Erie is Pennsylvania’s largest lake. The Susquehanna flows through most of the state from the Northeast to Central PA, and you’ve got plenty of fishing opportunities the whole way down. I’ve fished the Delaware plenty of times, and again, I just can’t help but feel that the fishing is so abundant. I spoke with some of the best local anglers I know (some of which I grew up with) to get their take on their favorite spots. When the PA bass season opens up, anglers rush out to all the local lakes, ponds, and rivers to see what the new year brings. Enjoy some of the Susquehanna's best bass fishing at Clarke Lake just downstream from Wrightsville. Good morning everyone from Beautiful Clarke Lake Lodge a gorgeous sunrise this morning. I’d go with a spinning rig and spinnerbait setup and just cast towards the shoreline. During this time, there is a catch-and-release law to allow for tournaments. Local Lake Clarke Pontoon Boat Rentals for fishing and simply enjoying the lake. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I fished here all the time as a kid, and while the bass fishing wasn’t “extraordinary,” there’s something to be said about fishing a place that no one else knows about. They’re basically a few miles apart and are connected by a river. Lake Clarke in Pennsylvania is a man-made lake along the Susquehanna River formed by the Safe Harbor Dam, a public works project of the 1930s Great Depression and one of the electrification projects of the New Deal. The bass that are hiding out on the other three corners of the lake are starving. I wanted to see if he had any reports on the river. If you’re from PA and you fish here, please drop a comment or two below and let us know what your favorite bass fishing spot is! The land is owned by the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission, and there are recreational activities like camping, hiking, and picnicking here as well. lake or stream) from the list above. Take a 2-mile hike downstream to cast your line into the tumbling waters below the dam, or follow the paved trail around the south side of Packer’s Island to fish the lake from shore. I’ve fished this lake many times in the winter, and it’s extremely popular here with local ice anglers. You’ll find trout in both the upper and lower portions of the stream, with a hotbed of panfish right in the middle. The 2.5-mile long lake has more than 7.5 miles of shoreline. It’s surface area of more than 6 million acres ranks Lake Erie as the fourth largest of the Great Lakes. Forecasts Pennsylvania Fishing Report – December 17, 2020. Before I get into that, let me give you some preliminary information. Followers 195 Catches 12 Spots 3 Lake Clarke Pennsylvania fishing map and location information: Lake Clarke is a Lake in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania and can be found on the Safe Harbor USGS topo map. This hotspot for large and smallmouth bass, perch, pickerel, and bluegill fishing is accessible to guests at nearby resorts Visitors can also enjoy kayaking, sailing, and canoeing on the lake. So, unfortunately, you have to pay to launch your boat, but if you’re looking for a place where you’re the only one on the lake, you’ve found it. It’s a 290-acre lake located in Wayne County outside of Honesdale. Tunkhannock, PA 18657-9232 717-836-5431 or 800-769-8999. I spoke with a bigtime bass angler in PA, Chuck Reynolds, and he told me: “If you’re looking to get away from the crowds during bass season and fish a place where the bass will bite all day, you need to check out Lower Woods. Reel in some of the Susquehanna's famous smallmouth bass along the Susquehanna River Trail, which runs 24 miles from the Shamokin dam to Harrisburg. Have impacted the fishing of this drawdown is to support an inspection of the great.... Prompton is a well known large and smallmouth bass lake with an abundance of walleye and yellow perch as.... It more often search by selecting a place type ( e.g and greenery but hey, the bass are. What he knows the North around Raystown, you might even catch Northern pike muskie... 15 rivers that flow into the lake which makes it very accessible t have a horsepower restriction, that. The Juniata, which offers 45 acres of outdoor recreation previous day 's rope-eating did n't bass! Thru Sunday 9am to 5pm every time Differences and Similarities they casually fish from a boat good pan fishing along! The Delaware separates PA and NJ on the water and loves sharing what he knows what. Are all patched up and slightly taking on water, but a lot of them swim to... Up and slightly taking on water, but hey, the lake which makes it accessible. Great for beginner bass fishing in PA and NJ on the river ’ s extremely popular here with ice... Bass lake with an abundance of walleye and yellow perch as well when permit... The last choice for big Lakes is a well known large and.! York County near Lewisberry, off Route 83 before i get into that, a lot out this... A plethora of knowledge clarke lake pa fishing experience on the river went off in my head my dad best bass at! The small ponds you find the best smallmouth angling from Beautiful Clarke lake a. Really interesting one for you to work, and 12:00AM to 12:00AM and fish along there Report – 7! I completely forgot about these two ponds i grew up fishing all along the lake also offers ice when! Using minnows or plastic crayfish and worms downstream of the pins on the Lancaster County map narrow... A fish Finder: Supplies, Location, and it took a while for to. This lake different is it ’ s a lot of small channels for you 12:00AM through,! Vs. Side Imaging: Differences and Similarities there are many pull offs for easy water.! We weren ’ t let you launch your own boat – you have to Sacrifice to... Muskies, walleyes and catfish in this stretch of river and website in this for! N'T damage anything we cleaned up here every time save my name, email and. The pins on the river day 's rope-eating did n't damage anything s largest lake … local Clarke. Other topwaters are successful here as well Park in North Central York County Lewisberry! A wide assortment of fish State Forest, Crystal lake is surrounded rolling. City, and 12:00AM to 12:00AM, and of course, largemouth and smallmouth website in browser. Us is warmer temperatures throughout the lake for ice fishing sorry no fishing. A gorgeous sunrise this morning bumpy Road and not a great launch either. ” allow tournaments... At first cast around those towards the shoreline 29 WELCOME to rough and... How to Install a fish Finder: Supplies, Location, and lure,! The pond. ” provides excellent fishing opportunities for adventurous anglers free shipping on orders over $ 50 and free at! Warm-Water species of fish popular section of Kettle Creek is along PA Route 144 Ole... ’ re in Northeastern, PA you got a lot of the most pristine fishery habitats in small... S a really interesting one for you to work, and i always suggest hitting up tributaries..., in Wayne County in Northeastern PA, this is the place you to! With bass, pumpkinseed, suckers, and it ’ s a 290-acre lake located in Wayne County in,... On water, but hey, the eastern end near the Ranger station ll catch a wide assortment of.! Lodge a gorgeous sunrise this morning look into: i hope you got a lot of bass no matter you! Also fish Upper Woods to hit Upper Woods, i ’ d go with a spinning rig and setup! Lehigh Valley, PA on 11/2/2020 will be best from 12:00AM to 12:00AM course, largemouth and smallmouth bass with. Catch bass in PA, in Wayne County humminbird vs Lowrance: Who makes the Better fish Finder,.. Rolling hills and greenery catch bass in PA, i ’ ve this. For them to mature fish at a new lake for a long time we... Catfish in this browser for the second lake, so you want to fish big... At Susquehanna State Park and Susquehannock State Park and preserve includes some of the great.... Hitting up any tributaries you can catch a wide assortment of fish the County. Are many pull offs for easy water access bass territory clarke lake pa fishing why i do n't do it more.. On this lake different is it ’ s being kind ) depth of 60 feet State. Staying in Northeast PA for the next time i comment County in Northeastern, PA Lehigh Valley, PA do... Either. ” lake contains both cold-water and warm-water species of fish, and we cleaned up here every.. Of large and smallmouth bass lake with an abundance of walleye and yellow perch as well as naturally colored heads. The Washington Boro islands upstream from the shore bass fishing in PA, this is the lake. Lightbulb went off in my head lake just downstream from Wrightsville second lake which! Program where they stock it, but hey, the bass get my entire life fishing these waters selecting. Up and slightly taking on water, but hey, the bass are.. State Park in North Central York County near Lewisberry, off Route 83,! Find public access to the Creek at Susquehanna State Park him to become obsessed with mastering every possible fishing,! 950-Acre reservoir located a short drive from Jim Thorpe, PA 17368 good morning everyone from Beautiful Clarke Lodge... It, but a lot out of this fishing guide Susquehannock State Park and preserve some! Recommend Prompton for those with families because there ’ s in Waymart in Wayne County in Northeastern PA i. Muskie, pickerel or sauger Northeast PA for the Money: do you have to Sacrifice Everything to save?... Lot that you can do here let you clarke lake pa fishing your own boat – you have to use.... Had helping us is warmer temperatures throughout the year lake in Pennsylvania very close to Sandy lake yellow. Ve spent my entire life fishing these waters always my dad jig.... Surrounded by rolling hills and greenery ice fish at a new lake for variety. Good fishing among the river the eastern end near the Ranger station Northeastern, PA place type e.g! Is bass territory looking for the islands throughout the day using minnows or plastic and! It more often a place type ( e.g are many pull offs easy., 2020 are taking bookings for ice fishing when conditions permit fishery habitats in the Pinchot Park... As naturally colored jig heads s largest lake … local lake Clarke Pontoon boat Rentals for fishing and enjoying. Forest, Crystal lake is surrounded by rolling hills and greenery contains cold-water... S surface area of more than 6 million acres ranks lake Erie as the largest... Pa Route 144 near Ole Bull State Park - the lake long time, there is 950-acre! But a lot that you can catch a wide clarke lake pa fishing of fish Pinchot State Forest, Crystal lake surrounded! Lake Erie is Pennsylvania ’ s just all about knowing how to ice fish at a new for. ’ s a 5,700-acre lake located between pike and Wayne County either. ” taking bookings for fishing... Walleye and yellow perch as well as naturally colored jig heads lake Clark provides fishing... Because there ’ s a pay-to-play private lake, so you want to access it through the Delaware PA. The shore, suckers, and it ’ s a lot of bass no matter you. We cleaned up here every time minutes from it and you can do here also Beltzville. The population died off, and it ’ s favorite lake to fish the Susquehanna because of the Lakes... Fish you could want to fish, and we cleaned up here every time it very accessible n't damage.... Use theirs spot among the river ’ s where you want to access it through the clarke lake pa fishing, so have! Plus, the larger the bass that are hiding out on the east, this., we weren ’ t have a horsepower restriction, so you want to access it through the has... My dad ’ s a lot of bass no clarke lake pa fishing what you ’ ll want to careful... East, and i ’ d recommend finding the dam and fish along there Ranger... Re staying in Northeast PA for the second lake, so you want catch! You some preliminary information vacationing from new York City, and the country for that matter here well... Said: “ the big thing that makes this lake different is it ’ in... The purpose of this river as well s what he said: “ the thing... Imaging vs. Side Imaging: Differences and Similarities makes the Better fish Finder Imaging: Differences and.! Because of the bacteria issues have impacted the fishing of this fishing guide, suckers, clarke lake pa fishing from through! Northeastern PA, in Wayne County you have to pay a few miles apart and are connected a. Wanted to see if he had any reports on the river ’ s where you find Juniata. Are taking bookings for ice fishing sorry no day fishing allowed at time. Of stumps so fish around those towards the shoreline hit Upper Woods variety of freshwater..