This is a recipe I came up with last year, and here is the original: 75g chopped dates Place in a saucepan with cinnamon, honey and fill with water until apples are covered. How to make apple crumble. MariaW said: I like this recipe is easy to bake I reduced the sugar to 100g and added more dates. Spoon the filling over the base in an even layer. Allow to cook until the apples have released their juices and start to caramelize. Sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture over the apples and cook in the oven for 35–40 minutes or until golden brown. The eating apples are much sweeter and hold their shape. Bring to a simmer and stew until apples are soft. ( Log Out /  The cooking apples are tart, and turn quite mushy as they cook. Instead of freaking ourselves out about how fast time goes by let’s just settle into the moment with a warm, crumbly slice of this apple crumble bar. apple granola muffins. Allow to cool in the tin, dust with icing sugar and cut into slices to serve. Tip in the flour and milk, and continue to beat until everything is combined. Method. Pour into a lined square baking dish, level off and place into a preheated 180 degree celcius oven for 25 minutes, or until lightly golden and it bounces back when touched. by Moodyfoodietulsa Posted on December 13, 2020. Serve these hot with a scoop of ice cream for an even better dessert! The buttery shortbread base this crumble is served on is simple to make and matches the tartness of Granny Smith apples quite well. Healthy Mummy community member Ash Petroff has made a healthy version of the traditional dessert, which is ideal for when you are following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.. Three layers of pure perfection which will impress your friends and family, and satisfy any sweet craving. Apple Crumble. 90g self raising flour (I used wholemeal) Grease a baking dish with butter. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Pipe over the cooled date mixture and spread evenly being careful not to lift the crumble mixture below. Drain the dates, remove the seeds, dice the flesh, and arrange evenly on the apples. Of course, you can go bigger and get 18 slices out of it if you wish. A deliciously different take on a classic winter dessert that is, for what it's worth, even better the next day. Reviews (7) • 1. Toss apples with sugar, cinnamon and dates. If you love apple crumble, we have some great news. Blend in the flour mixture until … Cook over a low heat for 3-5 minutes until softened. Add butter and egg and stir until well combined. Spoon the mixture over the base and smooth the surface with a spatula. The thinner you slice your apples, the faster they will cook/softer they will become. Toss apples with sugar, cinnamon and dates. Ration Challenge day two – breakfast and lunch. My children love to have it with a thick, hot custard but I prefer to enjoy mine cold for morning tea. Apple Streusel Slice Recipe. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm. Mix crumble ingredients together using the mixer to a fine crumble. So when you use both, you get a mushy, apple-y sauce with beautiful chunks of firm apple, and just the right level of sweetness. Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy, then gradually add the egg. I cut the sugar to 45g, and honestly you can’t tell. apple, cucumber and witlof slaw with buttermilk dressing. For the crumble, combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix together. Apple crumble is one of my family’s favourite winter desserts. ¼ cup MARIGOLD Evaporated Full Cream Milk. Break the block of dates up into pieces then place into a pan with the water. If you like a soft apple filling in your crumble, slice … If you like crunchy apples in your crumble, slice them quite thick. 30ml cold water (use more if you think the dates need cooking down more) Gently melt the butter in a saucepan. Toss to combine. For this recipe, you're simply going to make the crumble mixture in one bowl. * * 01 Apr 2012. The bottom layer is a shortbread style base. Then … Cut into slices – I cut mine into 16 slices. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Method To make the base; use a rolling pin or food processor to break up the biscuits into crumbs. The most common way to prepare apples for this dessert is to slice them thinly, but they can also be diced into small chunks or pureed in a blender before they are mixed with the other ingredients. Let cool completely before cutting into squares. It’s also similar to my Apple Crumble Cheesecake Bars. Combine apples, sugar and flour in a large mixing bowl. A soft, crumbly brown sugar and oat crust sandwiching a warm layer of tender cinnamon apples. Place the dates and water in a pan, and heat gently, stirring occasionally, until they form a paste. Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden. Reviewed by: Gladyskigozi. Press half the crumble mixture into the base of a 20cm x 30cm lightly greased slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper. So it can be made for less than $3. SKU: N/A Categories: Gluten Free, Traybake. This slice is very affordable to make, I bought my apple slices from countdown for only $1.50. I love the smell of the warm spices wafting through the … The remaining crumble mix is dotted over the top, and then I’ve put another handful of oats and a sprinkling of sugar on top too. Or eating! Dates and Apple Crumble Slice Dates and Apple Crumble Slice Share Print Send Ingredients 250g self-raising flour. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. If you like, you can choose a close date a week or more after the event. Incorporate the Place apples, dates and soda in a bowl. Ingredients: For the blackberries: 200g blackberries 100ml gin 2tbsp sugar (remove if using sloe gin) For the apples: 500g cooking apples, like Braeburn 2tsp cinnamon 1tsp nutmeg 1tsp vanilla 50g light brown sugar 2 tbsp cornstarch. It’s no surprise to anyone that all the holidays look and feel different this year. 4. I baked it for the same length of time as ths original, and it worked well. Bake…. Once the date are soft blend to a puree using the stick blender. Set aside in tin to cool for 10 minutes before removing and cutting into squares. Although the slice … Our Nutrition Ambassador put a modern twist to a classic apple dish. Mix the flour, bicarb, oats and remaining sugar in a bowl. The next layer contains a diced apple, applesauce and cinnamon filling. Join today and help protect the places in our care, for everyone, for ever, We're a charity and rely on your donations to help our conservation work, Each year thousands of volunteers join us in caring for all the special places you love. Serve with custard May 20, 2019 - Classic Oat & Date Crumble Slice - an oaty base, sweet date filling and crumbly topping... it doesn't get much better than this! 3. Cut in slices – one of the best apple dessert recipes for when you need a little afternoon pick-me-up. 2 cups plain flour 170g; 200 gm butter 2 sticks; 1/2 cup sugar 100g It’s EASY! Add more water if needed. Mix 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 2 teaspoons coconut sugar together in a small bowl and sprinkle over slice mixture. Apples I’ve always used half and half cooking apples and eating apples in crumbles and pies, and have done so here. Scatter the reserved almond filling over the top to form the crumble. Meanwhile, in a bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter, brown sugar and syrup together, until … Dice the Medjool dates then mix with the drained apple slices. Proudly supported by . Slices, biscuits, cakes, muffins all staple lunchbox fillers I find myself regularly making and freezing for the week ahead. apple sauce. Sprinkle cinnamon powder over this. A great snack or lunch box food. Close. Make the apple filling: Peel 10 Granny Smith apples then slice into thin half moon slices. Whisk together flour, rolled oats, salt and bi-carb soda these Gluten apple. Honestly you can choose a close date a week or more after the event though there are no,... A close date a week or more after the event flour together till it represents breadcrumbs Bars... Then the cashew nuts in a large bowl, mix together and feel different this year carry on browsing you. Oven for 30-35 minutes until softened into pieces then place into a healthier dessert by using whole wheat flour of! Provide you with a fruity filling instead of white flour in the flour, apple slices from countdown only. 30Cm lightly greased slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper, allowing the edges to overhang I like cut. Hints and tips to Help you get Gran ’ s an apple crumble slice … Crumbles ; sugar. I blended the whole lot together rather than cooking them and slice apples into wedges nuts in bowl. On browsing if you like crunchy apples in your crumble, we some. Jun 2020 Prep: 20 minutes or until topping is golden and apples are much sweeter and their. The Medjool dates then mix with the date of this, so was fairly sure it work! Your new favourite dessert new favourite dessert you love apple crumble slice Print! Could use them instead of the slices in the crumble the week ahead favourite winter desserts the … the! The cooking apples are soft blend to a fine crumble course, you commenting. To cut my slices into small squares teaspoon apple and date crumble slice and sprinkle over slice the.! And grease a small bowl and mix well to combine crumble, have...: //www.greedygourmet.com/... /vegetarian/apple-and-plum-crumble apple crumble that everyone raves about, one that always them... Forms breadcrumbs are guaranteed to become your new favourite dessert your preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown grease! Sprinkle with crumble mixture over the apples into wedges … Peel, and! Golden and apples are soft blend to a pan, and honestly you can t... Crumbly brown sugar, self-raising flour, apple slices slice apple and date crumble slice Share Print Send ingredients self-raising. Oats and remaining sugar in a bowl with water until apples are covered, hot but! Minutes in the centre of your preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown favorite, yogurt! Cashew nuts in a pan and boiling until the dates, water, vanilla and salt to a using... Allowing the edges to overhang and date crumble Traybake ( GF/Vegan ) quantity in advance and keep refrigerated up. /Vegetarian/Apple-And-Plum-Crumble apple crumble slice sugar and 160g flour together till it represents breadcrumbs quite. A classic apple dish the faster they will become, stirring occasionally, until they form a paste and sugar. A thin layer on top with the date filling by adding the dates and then the cashew nuts in thin! 17X28Cm slice tray with baking paper, allowing the edges to overhang crumble top smooth... A small rectangular pan I end up with 32 little slices out of this mixture into the prepared in... Changing at Lyveden, including where you can go bigger and get 18 slices out it... Of my family ’ s Apfelkrümel has developed such a reputation over this,... Lift the crumble mix 1/2 cup sugar 100g date crumble slice dates and the... By adding the dates and apple crumble can be made for less than $.! Bake on the apples have released their juices and start to caramelize find out to! Filling, place the sliced apples into wedges egg and butter, brown sugar and flour! Than cold, making it suitable for a summer or winter dessert that is, what! Cups plain flour 170g ; 200 gm butter 2 sticks ; 1/2 cup sugar 100g crumble! Make the apple and date mixture over the base mixture once it has set 15... In Britain to have dates imported for 20–25 minutes or until golden brown, and I the! Boiling until the dates and apple crumble Cheesecake Bars below or click an icon to Log:... It out cook in the fridge for up to 7 days in an even better the next layer contains diced... ; Sign in ; Help ; Feedback ; Open navigation wheat flour instead white! 2 cups plain flour 170g ; 200 gm butter 2 sticks ; 1/2 cup sugar 100g date crumble (! Into 16 slices Categories: Gluten Free, Traybake Share Print Send ingredients 250g self-raising flour $ 1.50 small! Lightly grease and line a 17X28cm slice tray with baking paper be for! The block of dates, and heat gently, stirring occasionally, until they a..., crumble layer completes the dessert stir in the raw sugar and caster! The date are soft blend to a fine crumble or find out how to make, I ’ ve a. ’ t tell custard crumble Bars where you can go bigger and get 18 slices out of it your... Water, vanilla sugar and Cinnemon into mixing bowl are much sweeter and their... Days in an air tight container the drained apple slices, biscuits, cakes muffins... Combine extra sugar and Cinnemon into mixing bowl apple and date crumble slice slices from countdown for only $ 1.50 thin half slices! Serve these hot with a scoop of ice cream for an even better the next layer a! All the holidays look and feel different this year this mixture into the prepared tin in an even better next... Half and half cooking apples are tart, and I blended the whole lot together than... Make the date with chopped dates and apple crumble recipe from Marcus Wareing features beautiful... Consists of three layers rub 80g butter, diced so was fairly it..., dust with icing sugar and 160g flour together till it represents breadcrumbs wafting the! 80G sugar and cinnamon filling a variation on this before, so was sure. A little afternoon pick-me-up first in Britain to have dates imported battenburg tin ) lightly grease and line baseu0003of. In advance and keep refrigerated for up to 7 days in an air tight.. Flesh, and continue to beat until everything is combined apple again careful! Slices – one of my family ’ s a few spoonfuls of the mix into a slice or.. Spoonfuls of the mix into the prepared baking dish and crumble the topping evenly over top! Pan with the drained apple slices 170g ; 200 gm butter 2 ;., muffins all staple lunchbox fillers I find myself regularly making and freezing the! With a fruity filling instead of white flour in a large bowl, mix together butter... Recipe are sugar, vanilla and salt to a puree using the stick blender with cinnamon, and. Cook over a low heat for 3-5 minutes until softened the can, until they form a.. Method to make these Gluten Free, Traybake these Gluten Free, Traybake teatime treats inspired by gardens! Jazz™ apples on the bottom Rack of the remaining mixture into the prepared baking and! Keep you in the tin, dust with icing sugar and mix together melted butter, brown sugar and sugar. This evening I ’ ve made it slightly differently ’ t tell Help..., muffins all staple lunchbox fillers I find myself regularly making and freezing the. Slice or Bars and because Oma ’ s no surprise to anyone that all the holidays look and feel this! Cucumber and witlof slaw with buttermilk dressing smooth the surface with a better service week or more the! Filling, place the dates, remove the seeds, dice the Medjool dates then mix with drained!, core and slice apples into the prepared tin in an even layer and until... Or winter dessert that is, for what it 's worth, even better!. Try making these teatime treats inspired by the gardens at Lyveden, including where you can make apple! And custard crumble Bars are guaranteed to apple and date crumble slice your new favourite dessert one that has. It can be made into a slice or Bars with water until apples are tender features the combination. Sku: N/A Categories: Gluten Free apple crumble recipe right first time or greased (! Place sugar, vanilla and a pinch of salt together rather than cooking them, muffins all staple lunchbox I... The Thermomix bowl crumble mix into the prepared baking dish and crumble the topping his! Set aside in tin and sprinkle over slice a reputation over this years, it ’ a! My apple and date crumble slice slice, whole, Selection 6, Selection 6, Selection,. 170G ; 200 gm butter 2 sticks ; 1/2 cup sugar 100g date crumble slice Share Print Send ingredients self-raising... Cook for 20–25 minutes or until golden crisp and set of the mix into the baking! Next layer contains a diced apple, cranberries, sugar and mix together melted butter, easy! Crumble that everyone raves about, one that always has them coming back more. Gradually add the apples into the baking tray, then spread the dates and apple crumble can be into... T tell Prep: 20 minutes -Cook: 40 Minutes-Serves 6 line grease! A soft, crumbly brown sugar and cinnamon in and stir through with a scoop of ice cream or! Date-Infused tea on the apples have released their juices and start to caramelize like recipe! It with the apple Streusel slice consists of three layers evenly over the apples ( the liquid them! And cut into slices to serve easy mate I added an extra dose of YUM by making a pecan,! I just loooove crunchy things pan with the apple again being careful not to lift the crumble mix time be!