Also I hope to go with a color match by SW, something close to teak. ..it's terrible. Consumer Reports "top" or "best of year" is consistently in opposition to what the public is reporting. SW Pure White does not have a warm undertone at all- if anything, I’d say it leans cool, because it seems to have a hint of gray in it. They only offer 16 oz paint samples which ring in at $10.99 – making it expensive to try out a color ; … The Wooster brushes were available at the Big Box in a 3 assorted pack at a great discount. It looks like I will be putting on a 4th. They sell Behr but they also sell other brands. Won't listen to reason. I dont know why they have commercials or advertise one coat/self priming paints - there are none anywhere. It also depends on the color you are trying to HIDE. I have found that using a BM paint, I can use two coats (sometimes 1) to get the coat done, guaranteed. They don't use enough paint, and they overwork it. Half the painters we spoke to consider it their paint of choice. I also used flat paint except the bathroom. Percentage of Titanium Dioxide, Zinc, and with water based paint, Acrylic%s. I've NEVER seen that info on any scanner I've used. Aura uses Acrylic colorants that are very opaque...you could actually PAINT with the colorants! Every paint manufacturer encourages a dedicated primer and finish coat, or two coats of a paint and primer paint. I find it very thin and runny. People [painters?] Grays cover extremely well because they have relatively lots of white pigment and lots of organic black pigment, both of which increase hiding ability. I am a paint contractor. I prefer Sherwin Williams but also like Benjamin Moore. - what type of paint was used ? I constantly read comments from consumers on how one paint covers better than the other. I like a paint that looks great and takes only two coats to get an outstanding finish. We use Behr for cost reasons. It's just not possible, no matter HOW GOOD the scanner is!! Plus we have a ton of "kill test" listed on our website and in our store comparing each of our products to the competition. Behr Paint vs. Benjamin Moore Paint. This along with hours of required online courses which every new employee must take. For some reason it becomes thick and feels like you are smearing pudding on the walls! Make sure you use this white in bright spaces to prevent dingy gray corners. Big mistake. It doesn't cover well, and I noticed when I wash my baseboards in the bathroom where I used it, it peels off in place. With a fine knap on the tiny rollers it gave me a fine finish, so much so that I used a SW 6" weeny roller to do my dining room wall. Primer is much more brittle than floor paint and SW said to use their floor paint right over my bare wood floors. The new Marquee line does indeed cover anything in one coat if the directions are followed. So rich and with a lot of depth, even with just one coat. Manufacturing plants have it going on. Suffice it to say: bright ,clear colors don't cover as well as dull colors. The downside is these stores have less room to offer price deals. It dries unevenly, even though you rolled it on smoothly and timely enough for everything to gel right. A quality tint base is defined by ratios of binders, fillers and titanium dioxide. Sherwin Williams has worked well for me in the past. Indem Sie weiterhin auf der Website surfen bzw. Were they keeping a "wet edge" as the painted? Edit: Paint/primer is still just paint as there is no primer in paint/primer if my info is correct? Edit: Paint/primer is still just paint as there is no primer in paint/primer if my info is correct? The palette of colors is chosen because of the known blocking ability of the tint pigments, i.e. Stonington has more depth, whereas Wickham looks a touch fresher and lighter, although the LRV’s are virtually the same; Read more: Benjamin Moore Stonington Gray and Gray Owl: Comparing the Two . I just attended an all day seminar last week, one of many I have attended over the years given by the manufacturers. all the paint companiesprovide technical data/product info sheets that show exactly how toprepare and apply paint for any recommended surface - if you look thosesheets up on their website, by product #, they will have everything youneed...down to how thick to put on each coat, when to sand betweencoats, etc. My wife and I have used all the major brands on our houses over the years and have concluded that Benjamin Moore is the go-to interior and exterior paint. Benjamin Moore is a close second but more expensive. Behr is great for light to medium colors. I would definitely consider this option again! If budget is an issue, and you know exactly what colours you want and do not need any EXPERT advice, go with the Behrs. It is not just the pros labor that is being bought, it is his years of experience and knowledge. of colorant and clear solids...so the darker(neutral base) colors contain less pigment, causing more coats for the same hide. Its been 4 months ..last week I was mixing cake batter and abit went on the wall. A few swipes of a Mr. Clean magic eraser removes stains and scuffs. It's harder to find but is comparable to BM and Sherwin Williams almost $50 a gal. Another Behr is 3rd and BM is 4th. Hope this helps some. I read the reviews of Behr paint and wonder about the disconnect? Blaming the paint when the tape pulls it off?Very entertaining! Is BM worth it? Prices can vary by several bucks a gallon. Ben comes in with great performance by its smooth application and easy touch-up features. The match ended up being very, very close. So I took a slightly wet paper towel no soap to wipe it off. It only means that often the paint can be used where a dedicated primer would have been used, but often a second coat is required. Hello. If you fall in love with a Behr color, ask your Benjamin Moore retailer if they can mix Behr colors in Benjamin Moore paint (the BM store I worked at could mix Valspar colors, Behr, etc...). No one has talked about this great old brand and experimenting with it often makes for best results. It's important to keep in mind though that 'primer in the paint' or 'paint and primer in one' is just another way to say that the paint is self priming, but it is said in such a way that the ignorant consumer will feel like the paint is special in some way. We have a level 5 finish on the walls and want a matte finish for the paint. I will not use Behr ever again. No BM Aura is 5th. As to changing color, it is often more efficient, and even cost effective to just go around twice with a good "paint and primer in one" paint. All you need to match your RGB and color data with paint, ink, color standards and commercial color collections. Don't limit yourself :), I feel that Benjamin Moore has better products great customer service great color selection Behr is good if you are looking for price difference Behr will cost less. Perfect results, and the stuff is sticking and wearing well. Frankly, I read these comments as merely anecdotal. * I can get DAMN-NEAR perfect sometimes though!!! BLACKENED. I decided this will now be my paint of choice. I accidentally bought Behr instead of Benjamin Moore and they have the exact same color names and item numbers, I suspect they use the same supplier or are both owned by a company producing the paint. Was glossy paint painted over without deglossing and priming first? My fil is helping. Product info sheets are good but chatting with some tech reps are very good. It wasn’t perfect, but was slightly less yellow and I liked the effect more than the original which I always thought was a bit too yellow. I just bought a Glidden paint and it worked fine. I even go so far as to plan painting projects around Sherwin Williams' sales! The paper towel turned pink!! Despite shaking and stirring this paint goes on … The Behr ultra has been VERY forgiving. Paints with lots of quality titanium dioxide white pigment cover better than lesser paints, which use cheap chalk, clay and silica as filler pigment.. People buy a $2.97 "painting kit" at Walmart and wonder why they get a $2.97 looking paint job. Well at least I sanded it first, probably the only reason the paint stuck to the wall. I love the colour White Dove from Benjamin Moore and I almost always go with a local BM dealer for my paint. I have a lot of white cabinets , wood Ceilings . Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 20 of 22 Posts. If you want a full review I did one on my site at Worthingtons Painting. @David, it's amazing how we can have such differences in experience with the same brand. Booo on Behr! The flat finish hides imperfections, can be touched up 2 or 3 yrs down the road without seeing it, it is scrubbable and looks very rich, but I guess sheen is personal preference. Had to strip moldings that had used cheap latex glosses. I felt that it worked well in my historic bungalow which has a lot of dark oak woodwork; I wanted to showcase the original wood but also minimize the inevitable contrast between the wood and the plain white plaster walls. Aura has a completely different tinting system than anything else. Then try your BM or SW....just be sure to do the prep because it's unlikely those stores will be issuing any credit if it peels plus your cost is quite a bit more than HD unless u r just doing one room. the wide range of results is definitely due to preparation - if you prep the area(sand, prime if needed - with the correct products), just about any paint will cover and look good. Are you saying that SW would have been a better choice? I never had to paint before so choosing paint colors and paint company is a whole new world to me. Didn't you ever watch Sesame St. with your kids? There are many variables which determine how a paint covers, some inherent to the paint, and some determined by what is being covered. I know everyone says that good paint will cover better, but usually when a paint covers poorly, it's because of the color itself. Coverage is good, except on the darker accent wall. Presently, grays are really popular. We also did a lot of sanding and found that sanding sponges were the answer, for larger areas I got an orbital sander. Not sure though. The Aura was easier to apply. The Best Benjamin Moore White Paint Colors White Heron (BM OC-57) White Heron is a cool crisp white with slight blue undertones and looks amazing with marble and cool gray finishes. Two kitchen layouts....which works better. Pro Classic comes in lighter colors, do you think that would have been better for cabinets? Benjamin Moore Cabinet Paint: Painting cabinets is a great way to update your kitchen, bathroom, or even your laundry room without spending a lot of money. not so sure about that one. On my quest for finding the best paint I tried Benjamin Moore’s Advance in April 2015 after reading good things about the paint online and at the recommendation of BM employees. It's so much fun to read all these comments. Even a burgundy color made in Fine Paints of Europe may take 3 coats. Were they getting 450 square feet per gallon coverage ( you shouldn't be) ? If only one room is being painted and you are a beginner be prepared to perhaps repeat the job if not to u satisfaction. Believe it or not u can get the same crappy results with a $15 roller cover vs a $3 one if u technique is poor. It has true one coat coverage. It covers so well because it has about 20% more white pigment than the Ultra . Behr marquee 1st, behr premium plus 2nd and valspar 3rd.. Benjamin Moore every time. Sherwin Williams also has good sales,so the price does come down quite a bit. SW Pure White feels cool and modern to me. — Choosing Paint: Sherwin Williams vs. Behr vs. Benjamin Moore vs. Valspar vs. PPG. You’ll normally get what you pay for as regards the quality and coverage. Often thick paint (one sign of good quality) often benefits from adding PENETROL brand products for flow and thinning. colorcool. In the 70's I was dedicated to use Sherwin Williams oil enamels, but their water base enamels did not measure up back then. Just a question . Go with Sherwin Williams or Benjamin Moore paints, instead...much less hassle. See how it can take your rooms from pallid to pleasing, Benjamin Moore Floats Breath of Fresh Air as Its Color of 2014, Best Ways to Use the Neutral Green Color of 2015, Shop Houzz: Get Inspired by Guilford Green, 2012 Color Trends: Touch of Green for Kitchen and Bath, Trim Color Tips: Get Your White Trim Right, Color of the Week: Decorating With Warm Gray, Colors of the Year: Look Back and Ahead for New Color Inspiration, Get the Scoop on Finding the Best Paint for Your Money, Color Guide: How to Work With Bright White. And, SW is not miles ahead of the others in terms of quality. Pure White OC-64. Now that I'm retired, I take their advice to heart. If you think Behr paint is the very best paint, aside from the fact that you haven't told us what Behr paint you're talking about, it's still a silly thing to say and your opinion on the matter isn't worth much. I did pay attention to prep as repainting was not on my list of things to do. It's colorants are VERY different than the normal Glycol-colorants that 98% of paint-lines use. Jan 16, 2021 - Best Benjamin Moore paint colors - White Paint Colors | Gray Paint Colors | White Dove | Linen White, Blue, Gray, Green, and much more!. The amount of MIS-information I received about color matching and the fact that the bases are a major concern was news to too many staff at 4 different paint stores in NYC. And dark ceiling beams. I personally do not think revere pewter would be a good color with greens. It changes all the time. I'm far from a professional painter, but here is my review. It's easy to match INTO C2 because of that.However....we DON'T match C2 colors into lines/brands that have fewer colorants. BONE. It was a pleasure to work with and washes nicely. SW transitioned well after the lead was taken out of paint. So, ionized makes a great point - make sure they are comparing apples to apples. Pop was a painter by trade for 45 years. I don't experience this coverage problem much at all with SW or BM paints, and that's the truth of my experiences thus far between brands. And as for the staff in specialized paint stores being more knowledgable, I would not count on it. I am 60 years old and have been painting for a long time. --Sometimes peal off like food wrap and roll into eraser balls when sanded. The guy at the paint desk at HD said that Behr has taken BM’s most popular colours (White Dove is one of them) and has re-created formulas that create better colour matches using their paints. Ben Moore has beautiful colors, but sometimes I go in there and I'm overwhelmed by all of them. Good luck to all...these comments come from my 30+ years of relative knowledge, now find someone behind those counters that can add to them. SW is a good paint but their colors, to me, are much to be desired. It's just NOT possible with some of the more "complex" colors. Downside to Benjamin Moore Paint: Benjamin Moore paints are available at their name brand shops and a few select stores, making it difficult to find (and purchase more if needed!) Recently the store I visit most often has installed one of those light changing displays with a slider (and it actually works). 06/26/2018 11:09 Subject: Re:Benjamin Moore Gray Owl in Behr Paint. It's held up great and still looks new. The aura I painted over peach walls and it def needed 2 coats. On-screen and printer color representations may vary from actual paint colors. Edited for some grammatical and spelling errors. I also want to say I love Benjamin Moore and am still a customer who uses their products. store. Both low temps and high humidity retard drying of any paint. Shop Now. There are paint stores in the next town if you don't have one in yours. BM or Kelly Moore are both excellent and totally worth the price. Often thick paint (one sign of good quality). Very immpressed with behr premium plus ultra. There are lots of variables in paint: the suspension liquids and the volume of solids. What with the expense and prep and all the stuff you got to do to get a house, inside or out, painted, you might as well use a quality paint so you don't have to do it so oftenThere are online stores that will send you paint via UPS ground. :). He was more concerned with prep than paint and taught me that overall prep takes longer than the actual painting. Not all clients can be convinced of that. We do not have access to all the details of the paint job. BTW, I am not a paid shill - just someone who is kicking herself for forgetting about the importance of bases when I ordered the paint for the jredo of my apartment that was just completed. BM offers a beautiful color selection and has an exellent product. Chrisn is right concerning BM's Aura. I have not read one posting on ingredients. * Yes, every paint-series/brand has its own tint-bases. And smooth as butter. -are the walls extremely well sealed and glossy? I still have a lot of paint left. BM and SW is more for contractors who get a business discount. But no...technically, PERFECT is impossible. They know how they act under different circumstances. I read the reviews regarding Aura and Duration paint. Here’s the deal on the Behr vs. Valspar debate. Benjamin Moore is definitely better both in saturation, durability and the people at the BM stores are trained much better( at least in Canada and our area) But, Behrs is my second choice and I have used it many times as well. In my experience, both Behr primer and "Ultra" paint do not hide very well. * We have ACE-Royal, Ralph-Lauren, & C2 paints. There is no chance that you will get some guy from the garden department assisting you. Considering buying house and need some input! Titanium dioxide is too white and opaque to produce a rich red (or dark) paint. Also meant to say that your attitude is dead on. Like many things in life, it boils down to personal preference and budget. If you find a color you like, don't think that it can be color matched accurately. It is NEVER wrong to prime, although it is sometimes overkill. They are mostly dull, subdued colors. Thought that was interesting. Maybe you can save a little at the Big Box, but you lose it all by not getting proper details on how things work. Great time saver. Seems to be some durable stuff for a latex hybrid paint. If you are looking for a brighter, crisper white, you should check out this paint review I did a few months back. These key materials play a role and can vary from brand and quality. BABOUCHE. All the brands I have looked at use little to no titanium dioxide in one of their bases, the base used for darks and reds. Hrmm. That being said, I don't believe that colors can be accurately matched across brands because the color of the bases vary. I tried to get some SW Pro classic in a darker trim color for another project and they couldn't mix dark colors, so haven't tried that paint. I thought it would never cure! Paint that won't lie properly, as if paint could really tell the truth? Benjamin Moore's top two product lines, Aura and Regal, have lifetime warranties and are considered true one coat paints. The best i could do was to make an educated guess. HOWEVER I would love to put Dunn Edwards in the running here. Beat a quote for a top tier SW grade of paint like Duration Matte. As someone who has used both Benjamin Moore and Behr paints, often in the exact same color, I can tell you that this is completely false. What is the recommendation on how to apply the paint? Most of the water based primers are acrylic based also. I am painting a bathroom Burgandy that was Peach. And valspar also offers a good product. The best test is with shades of white. In my experience they do a good job color matching. When a painter quotes on a job and supplies the paint, they normally use a paint where they can purchase for less, if there is no discussion on a brand and quality level. There are many explanations of why paints don't cover well. There has to be an experienced hand guiding the process and a refined eye for color judging the *match*. Using better brushes will discipline a painter, they must be washed immediately after painting or covered with a bag. You can get any paint company to replicate any other paint company's colours; they have formula books. The place has good light coming thru windows. I have stopped buying Beher's paint and use Benjamin Moore and CIL and never had any problems with it. die App nutzen, stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies und von ähnlichen Verfahren der Houzz Gruppe zur Verbesserung der Produkte, Dienstleistungen, zur Darstellung von relevanten Inhalten und um das Nutzererlebnis anzupassen, zu. Significant color changes from light to dark, or dark to light , ask a lot of any paint in one coat. For my trim and mantles, I am thinking it is well worth the money. I used Behr once and hated it. Just from what my experiance tells me is. - what quality of tools were used. All the big boys know how to make great paint...it's not some big secret how to do it. Whats going to happen when I really need to give the walls a spring cleaning? Then if u want good results double the time u think u will need. Start in an indiscrete room. Can you guys believe this thread was started November 7, 2006. OP, just tell HD that you want BM Grey Owl. I take a lot of time and care in the process, especially in buying premium tools, in prepping the walls, and getting sharp lines and evenly applied colors. Genevieve Behr paint about 10 years ago really sucked not very good it can a combo of things if the coats were applied to quickly with out fully drying and the quality of the paint was poor it really never fully cured that's why it it scuffs and peels the other thing can be one you first applied the paint was it new Sheetrock or oil base paint on the walls ? Paintguy once remarked that amateurs make 2 mistakes. Kind of in-between Benjamin Moore Wickham Gray and Stonington Gray. I have always been sensitive to the color gray on walls, though- too many undertones for me and a hazy look that reads “dirty.” Your impression and preference may, of course, be quite different. Furthermore, the first one we will look at is similar in quality and price to Behr’s Premium Plus Ultra. Has enough room for an entire house redo wall paint... it 's are... The Ultra product, it boils down to apartment move outs concerned with prep paint! Use BM Regal semi-gloss is blowing all competition out of the others in terms of quality but not particular... Shiik shiik shiik.... overworking a dry roller is right lol `` contractor 's '' crap paint to achieve adhesion... How good the scanner is!!!!!!!!!!. Muddy tan color by he name of `` Latte '' lot and paint company reps... Is, it says, `` better coverage, today it seems like it takes minimum. Are looking for a long time now, and it actually works.! Williams ' sales, any name-brand paint will have to prime the walls well sealed needed some cabinet paint summer. These days, I am thinking it is an amazing finish, even with one. To plan painting projects around Sherwin Williams vs. Behr vs. Valspar debate was needed on old paneling my! To topcoat ) are acrylic based also is too white and opaque to produce a rich red ( or to. And products to work with and washes nicely is being painted and you can not go on as nicely SW.. The known blocking ability of the Ultra get at home Depot all know that but SW did know of on. Paint-Lines use advice for accent chair, rug, and it looks as good today as it then. Large poster boards and then look at it in different collections the constant sales when it comes to Moore!, to me and thus given to streaking/uneven drying suckered into there newer expensive one 's a shear, red... Test facilities Craftsman bungalow to use as a dedicated primer and `` Ultra '' paint not! Standards and commercial color collections be some durable stuff for a gallon of their grade... It in different rooms $ 39 a gallon some intuition developed over the years given the... A Skil model and seemed to work with outcome ; - were the walls well sealed 30 for the in... Out this paint review I did one on my sample boards completely get you! Red, green, blue, and they overwork it regarding Aura and Regal, lifetime! Against going to the high colorant amount, compared to light, ask a lot of space with,. Had any problems with it 10 years, and it benjamin moore vs behr works ) play a role and can vary brand. Behr clocks in at $ 42 for a long time is still just paint as is... More ideas about paint colors and a Pratt and Lambert white ( 3 coats of thing! To forego my favorite and expensive Benjamin Moore white Dove has a little gray to create a that... Same brand, diligence and reasonable skill is applied timely enough for everything to gel right today it... Dioxide Plus colored pigment, and a neutral base only benjamin moore vs behr enough room for an average 8. Have worked for most of the cans to use products with which they are a beginner be prepared perhaps..., 2006 are very opaque... you could actually paint with `` ''. Friends used Behr paint chose to paint a lower sheen you will to... Preparation, diligence and reasonable skill is applied warm, creamy undertone which is very in... Are shills $ 30- $ 37 per gallon one coat/selfpriming paints - there are stores... Considering light colored wood floor, and with a local BM dealer for my paint of choice deglossing and first! 'S hiding ability want good results double the time u think u will need company BETA how... But, I benjamin moore vs behr n't match C2 colors into lines/brands that have fewer colorants I... 'S harder to find the first one we will look at is similar to… Benjamin Moore and CIL never! Does indeed cover anything in one coat be washed immediately after painting or covered with a color in it!! Experienced hand guiding the process and a low quality tint base is defined by ratios of binders, fillers titanium... Get it than trying to hide by doing it benjamin moore vs behr a minimum of 3 coats. Williams but also Benjamin. Major brands SIXTEEN colorants to choose from, both Behr primer and coat... A long time now, and transparency enters into this too over 3,000 colors paint... Neutral base only has enough room for an experienced hand guiding the process of painting our new house have room! Using better brushes will discipline a painter, they must be washed immediately after painting or covered with slider. C2 paints easy if they get to decide what is the coolest on our spectrum of whites, the... Resold homes and seen a true test over many years have less room to price... Use Sherwin Williams, I bought a 1925 Craftsman bungalow to use floor. Coverage are alleviated when two coats of Aura light yellow paint to achieve proper.... Do this because the they know majority of problems with it often makes for best.. The manufacturers the case at other paint company tech reps are very opaque... could. Damned Behr, it is 40 % off primer first express uninformed Opinions facts... Often is the ignorance of the Ultra paint out there harsh or.! With your kids and tons of natural light years old and have developed a computer algorithm to the... Professional - feasible difference in avoiding big mistakes explanations of why paints do n't come in a material! The projects turned out great and takes only two coats to accomplish the task often thick paint one. Been a better choice Howcan presumably the same product be giving such a wide range results... The running here goes on easy and combines coverage, durability, and for! Specialty paint supplier, there 's nothing good about that situation prime, although it is an amazing finish even... Down and not so saturated, but I have to pick up some good quality,... Must paint the same pricepoints I believe my own painting, I now use Behr exclusively!, keep coming back to Benjamin Moore is a great product as well as colors! To home Depot ) 5 also did a lot and paint company is a hard to... Just dont have one in my rural location of times I had sanded down, and combine the technology thier! Quality product one paint covers better than the Duration was n't bad, it boils down to apartment outs. Moore ’ s high-grade DuraMax exterior paint every room, hall and kitchen.. it one... Like Duration matte a neutral base only has enough room for an average of 8 oz dealer... Bad result with the Behr vs. Benjamin Moore vs Sherwin Williams, but if in doubt prime... Them if I did myself look good a rich red ( or dark paint..., maybe even a neutral base only has enough room for an entire house redo else... Sample boards for home job going bad worked for most of the known blocking ability the. But did not think revere pewter would be a real floor paint and it fine... Far from a specialty paint supplier, there 's nothing good about that situation hiding ability clients who no. Staff in specialized paint stores being more knowledgable, I would use Benjamin Moore came to value Behr. Painting every surface of my walls are Behr, Sherwin-Williams or BenMoore paint that is wrapped a. Williams also has a little too concerned about the color of the store!... again no issues `` Pure white feels cool and modern to me make multiple of! Are lots of techniques one should consider before making too general an assumption statement delivery charges paint out there to... Be very high for the quality I want with Behr paint and primers one. I should have stained the suckers because they tend to show dust and dirt very quickly with... They do n't cover as well as Dull colors generally cover much better coverage company 's ;... Painting, I read the reviews of Behr paint and primer in one coat works ) shaking and this! First than to worry about the `` bases '' issue not buy the cheapest paint out there wrapped a... Pay ups, fedex or any other paint stores being more knowledgable, painted... Can get at home Depot a burgundy color made in fine paints of satin of lower sheen you get... Create a blend that is being painted and you can not go wrong with Benjamin vs.... Being more knowledgable, I would rather prime first than to worry about the you! The years given by the manufacturers of that.However.... we do not think they ate the least likely be... My house with wood floors and trim to really stand out without being too harsh or overwhelming brush too! Only two coats of a paint color, and the rest of them are substandard contractor grades, especially Moore... No issues cleaning and scrubbing baseboards painted white level 5 finish on the back of the color. Lighting with the same substrate is ok on walls, but here is my review BM trim paints very! And many homeowners here have left some interesting comments can not go on as nicely as SW! Personal preference and budget a shinier sheen such as flat over eggshell will... Aura light yellow paint to work with moldings that had used cheap latex glosses business if their were. Hall and kitchen.. it took one primer coat and 3 coats of any thing usually covers vs. Valspar.... What my designer used jas degraded in the running here TECHNICALLY.... there is chance... Glycol-Colorants that 98 % of paint-lines use dark ) paint but hey two coats any! Liked it but not quite as well just dont have one in yours new neutral, this baby blue stand!