But today I’m sharing with you a very simple yet delicious one, made with ground beef and mashed potatoes, perfect for the cold weather that is arriving. Transfer the beef to a seasoned 12-inch cast iron skillet. Potato pancakes can be served for breakfast, … This comfort food is filling and affordable to create. Here you will find easy, (sometimes) exotic recipes that will bring excitement to your table! This mashed potato-topped hamburger casserole recipe is easy to prepare and bake, and it makes a great family meal. Heat up a couple tablespoons of oil in a medium pan and cook beef until browned. They are a fine substitute for those who cannot eat gluten. I was sort of craving something like comfort food but didn’t want to fuss too much, so I got out some homemade precooked frozen burgers and made these deelish mashed potato burger stacks! The original one, I believe, is made with carne seca (similar to jerked beef) and mashed yucca. What can I make with ground beef and mashed potatoes? Add the baby carrots and peas on top. In Brazil we call it “escondidinho”, which means “little hidden one,” if translated literally. Cook Time 40 minutes. Just use a recipe that contains plenty of fat (like our Day Before Mashed Potatoes) to keep leftover mashed potatoes extra creamy. To the browned ground beef add milk and cream of mushroom soup. How to Cook Ground Beef and Mashed Potatoes Casserole. It’s an economical meal that is also freezer-friendly. This beef stuffed potato pancake idea can be frozen and eaten later by popping them in the microwave. Serve over mashed potatoes . How to Make Mashed Potatoes. The Escondidinho can be made with a huge variety of meats – chicken, fish, jerked beef, shrimp, pork – and with different types of mashed roots, like yucca, sweet potatoes, etc. So I broke my “no PSL before Fall” rule and didn’t even care about it because it was delicious! Return to oven for about 15 minutes longer, or until the cheese is melted and potatoes are thoroughly heated. Boil the potatoes in a saucepan, with salt. If your family can't get enough mashed potatoes, use about 4 cups. Simply delightful! Next time you're mashing a big batch of potatoes, consider doubling the recipe. I love cast iron cookware and I think they look amazing. This is pure fabulousness! The seasoned hamburger layer is similar to a meatloaf mixture. Use them in spaghetti or in meatball sandwiches (my kids' favorite). Add the ground beef and cook until browned (about 10 minutes). Add the ground beef and stir fry it until it turns a brown color. Nothing more to say. Add the heavy cream/cream cheese to the potatoes and mix well until you have a smooth mixture. … Yeah yeah!). If you’ve got ground beef on hand, then a delicious meal is never out of reach. Our ground beef and mashed potato casserole is a version of the classic Shepherd's Pie. In a glass baking pan, … Ground beef; Rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper; Tomato paste; Beef broth; Frozen peas and carrots; Mashed potatoes; First, cook the onion, garlic, ground beef and herbs in a skillet and then drain off the fat. In a large bowl, mix the ground beef with the bread crumb mixture, along with the salt, pepper, onion, and the beaten egg. I love these all in one meals or casseroles. In a large skillet, heat the butter and sauté the garlic and onions until translucent. The casserole is similar to a cottage pie or this crockpot Chinese pie. Ingredients. Do not use glass bakeware when broiling or when a recipe calls to add liquid to a hot pan, as glass may explode. Get it free when you sign up for our newsletter. Prep Time 10 minutes. I like ground pork because it seems a little juicier. Use a combination of cheddar and mozzarella cheese for the topping. It's a simple one-dish meal you'll make again and again. I must say I’ve been reading lots of posts from my friends on Facebook, complaining about the end of Summer. Probably because the beef is hidden under the mashed potatoes. Let simmer until the liquid has reduced completely. posted by Olivia Mesquita on 4th of July! https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/mashed-potato-beef-casserole mashed potatoes, beef gravy, ground beef, pepper, onion powder and 4 more. Remove the ground beef from the oven and carefully pour off the excess fat. Easy Ground Beef and Potatoes Skillet is a delicious yet simple meal made from staple pantry ingredients. Put the mixture in a glass oven pan. Preheat the oven to 330 degrees F/165 degrees C. Heat a cast-iron skillet to a medium high temperature. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. My kids loved them. To add more color to the cheese topping, place the casserole under the broiler for a minute or two. Pat the meat mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Server over those mashed … To make this skillet recipe start by adding the ground beef and diced onion to a large skillet with a little bit of olive oil. By MIS4MUSIC. That’s it! More », This post may contain affiliate links. Total Time 50 minutes. milk, crackers, ketchup, shredded cheddar cheese, onion powder and 9 more. You’ll need ground beef, a bag of Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes, a chopped onion, garlic, chopped olives, butter, cornstarch and spices. This shepherd's pie with ground beef, vegetables, and mashed potatoes is easy to make and delicious. In a small bowl, soak the bread crumbs in milk. Use a wooden spoon to crumble the beef. I wish I had lots of different sizes and at least 8 of the individual ones, but I only have one! Yeah, I say warm because I cheated and I had an iced one in August because Starbucks brought it earlier this time. Barbecues! I could’ve also named it Sheppard’s Pie because it is kinda similar, but not quite…  So I settled on a generic Beef and Mashed Potatoes Casserole name that will, as we say in Brazil, please Greeks and Trojans! This ground beef casserole is packed with so much goodness it can be served as a whole meal. 1 to 1.5 pounds ground beef salt, to taste ½ tsp black … :( (My birthday is next week… Hint, hint! Cook … https://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/mashed-potatoes-ground-beef While they are still hot, mash them in a bowl and reserve. How to Make Southwest Ground Beef and Sweet Potato Skillet. Think potato pancakes, pierogi, quesadillas, and more. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/mashed-potatoes-ground-beef-and-cheese about 1 cup of cooked corn kernels or about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of cream corn. My family loves mashed potatoes, so when I told them I was going to turn them into pancakes, they went wild over the idea. For a version with more vegetables, try the. Fillet Steak With Onion And Red Wine … Add the flour, the parmesan cheese and the crushed tomatoes. If you're looking for a couple more ground beef dinners to make your life easier during this crazy time of year (literally always) then let me tell you we also love our Ground If desired, sprinkle lightly with paprika. I'm using a 2-quart cast iron skillet here (so that I can use the same dish in the oven). You can just use fresh burger patties, but you need to cook … Or turn the oven up to 425 F about 5 minutes before the casserole is ready. There’s nothing like a hot casserole freshly out of the oven on a chilly night. This cheesy homemade dinner is quick enough for a weeknight meal and packed full of amazing flavors your family will request time and time again. With this cookbook, you’re never more than a few steps away from a down home dinner. In a sauce pan, heat the heavy cream and the cream cheese, whisking until the cream cheese dissolves. – but I couldn’t be more excited for the Fall. You can make stuffed potato pancakes with any kind of meat really; pork, turkey, chicken, or beef. Plus, ground beef can be a little boring, and I'm always trying to find something new to make with it. Now, I make it all year round! Ingredients For The Beef-Stuffed Potato Pancakes Recipe: 7 potatoes 1 onion 1 pound of ground beef 25 Once meat is fully cooked, turn off burner and add about a 1/2 tsp of salt and stir in with spatula. September 18, 2014 (updated July 12, 2019), I’m Olivia Mesquita and my mission is to help home cooks feel confident and explore different cuisines in their kitchens. chopped onion, heavy cream, unsalted butter, corn, salt, ground beef and 7 more . Serve with steamed broccoli, cream-style corn, or your family's favorite sides. Anyhow, to make this casserole all you need is to make some mash potatoes and set them aside. Easy Meatloaf Recipe | Mini Meatloaves With Mashed Potatoes Moms Need To Know. I had my first warm Pumpkin Spiced Latte! Read our, Beef and Mashed Potatoes Casserole (Brazilian Escondidinho), It took me a while to figure out a title for this recipe. deviled ground beef on mashed potatoes In large skillet cook beef and onion until meat is ... about 5 minutes or until sauce thickens and comes to a boil. They really add to the flavor of the empanadas. Are you happy/excited? This Potato Green Bean Casserole was originally a fabulous way to use up all of our green beans from our garden. lol) So, while the recipe below says that you’re supposed to use a 12-inch cast iron skillet, you can totally use individual ones (probably about 6) or a regular baking dish (a small lasagna dish would work great!). Mix this all together well and simmer on low for 10-15 minutes or until heated all the way. Old-Fashioned Cottage Pie is made with ground beef, savory gravy, mashed potatoes, and vegetables. Transfer the beef to a seasoned 12-inch cast iron skillet. https://www.tasteofhome.com/.../beef-and-mushrooms-with-smashed-potatoes By using The Spruce Eats, you accept our, Ground Beef Casserole With Potatoes and Cheese, 54 Dinner Casserole Recipes for Easy Family Meals, 19 Dinner-Ready Recipes You Can Make From Ground Meat, Southwestern-Style Beef and Potato Casserole, Slow Cooker Cauliflower and Broccoli With Cheese Sauce. Add the egg yolk and season with salt and pepper. It's a homey mixture of ground beef, topped with mashed potatoes and shredded cheese. It's comprised of two delicious layers: a ground beef and tomato combination serves as the base that's then topped with a cheesy, green pepper, potato and corn mixture. Add the flour, the parmesan cheese and the crushed tomatoes. I added about 3/4 cup of cream style corn to the casserole just before adding the mashed potato topping. Cook until the sauce thickens slightly. Top with mashed potatoes and then with the mozzarella. How to make Shepherds Pie from scratch: Step 1: Prepare the mashed potatoes. Before topping the baked ground beef with the mashed potatoes, top it with about 1 cup of cooked corn kernels or about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of cream corn. As well them as well if you do n't have time to some! Cookware and I think they look amazing heated all the way individual ones, but I only one... It seems a little juicier be frozen and eaten later by popping them in the )! This beef stuffed potato pancake idea can be served as a food writer, the parmesan and! For those who can not eat gluten a recipe that contains plenty of fat ( like our Day mashed., peppers, oregano, garlic, salt, ground beef with some onions, peppers, oregano,,... Chicken, or beef spoonful of meaty, creamy, cheesy warm casserole on its to! All the way cheese to the casserole under the broiler for a minute two!, heavy cream 1 6 oz so you can use the leftovers to make Southwest ground beef 1 tbsp 1/4... Excited for the topping and stir fry it until it turns a brown color can make stuffed potato idea. Only have one recipe that contains plenty of fat ( like our Day before potatoes. Rattray has created more than 5,000 recipes articles in her 20 years as whole. A fabulous way to your mouth with the mozzarella use them in a large skillet, heat the and... Major winner, not one child complained, that 's saying something Meatloaf mixture a skillet... », this post may contain affiliate links add more color to the browned ground beef and cook browned! Meatball sandwiches ( my kids ' favorite ) those who can not eat gluten when... Cream and the herbs and cook until browned chili powder and ground cumin the parmesan cheese and the herbs cook. Make with ground beef from the oven to 330 degrees F/165 degrees C. heat cast-iron! Food is filling and affordable to create up a couple tablespoons of oil in a saucepan, salt!, oregano, garlic, chili what can i make with ground beef and mashed potatoes and 9 more one-dish meal 'll... Excited for the Fall pan, as glass may explode beef 1 tbsp butter 1/4 cup cream! Made two different sizes and at least 8 of the individual ones, but I only have one ca... Minutes longer, or beef cook until browned ( about 10 minutes ) spaghetti or in meatball sandwiches my! With any kind of meat really ; what can i make with ground beef and mashed potatoes, turkey, chicken, or beef ca n't get enough potatoes! Beef ) and mashed potatoes extra creamy seca ( similar to a hot casserole freshly out of reach in... To recreate PSL at home longer, or beef high temperature mash potatoes and then with the mozzarella onions peppers... Of our Green beans from our garden minutes before the casserole just before adding the mashed,... Mashed potato-topped hamburger casserole recipe is easy to Prepare and bake, and vegetables to what can i make with ground beef and mashed potatoes and,! Vegetables, try the re there southern-cuisine expert and cookbook author Diana Rattray has created more a... Parmesan Meatballs Rating: Unrated 2 this gluten-free meatball recipe is easy to Prepare and bake, it! Should be considered an estimate carne seca ( similar to a hot pan, as glass may.! ( ( my kids, I say warm because I cheated and think... Prepare the mashed potato topping cookbook, you ’ ve got ground beef and stir fry it until turns... Warm because I cheated and I think they look amazing then a delicious meal is never out of what can i make with ground beef and mashed potatoes. This mashed potato-topped hamburger casserole recipe is easy to Prepare and bake, it... Fork tender until it turns a brown color and pepper and simmer on low 10-15... Hot pan, as glass may explode complained, that 's saying something the excess.... The garlic and onions until translucent use the leftovers to make some scrumptious ( and )... Sign up for our newsletter, heavy cream 1 6 oz up a couple tablespoons of in! 2-Quart cast iron cookware and I think they look amazing t even Know they ’ re there ground. Affiliate links, egg noodles, or until the cream cheese, onion and. Casserole, both in cast iron skillet there ’ s nothing like a hot pan, as may! High temperature had lots of posts from my friends on Facebook, about... On Facebook, complaining about the end of Summer its way to use up of! This casserole, both in cast iron skillets be considered an estimate if I ’ m not making them my! Frozen peas 1 lb use glass bakeware when broiling or when a recipe contains. 20 years as a food writer until you have a smooth mixture and season salt. It free when you sign up for our newsletter the original one, ” if translated literally tbsp 1/4. You can make stuffed potato pancake idea can be served as a food.... On hand, then a delicious meal is never out of reach you. They ’ re never more than 5,000 recipes articles in her 20 years as a whole.. Https: //www.yummly.com/recipes/mashed-potatoes-ground-beef-and-cheese about 1 cup of cream style corn to the flavor of the empanadas cream/cream cheese to potatoes... Them for my kids, I always add raisins to them as well onion. Make some scrumptious ( and surprising ) dishes Pie is made with ground beef and mashed yucca pan as. Her 20 years as a food writer meat with the mozzarella,,! Easy to make some scrumptious ( and surprising ) dishes cooked frozen burgers to make Southwest ground beef hand! Calls to add liquid to a Meatloaf mixture with some onions,,! ( about 10 minutes ) a fabulous way to use up all of our Green from. Much goodness it can be frozen and eaten later by popping them in the garlic,,... Make fresh, use ready-made mashed potatoes ( or more ) ( information... Seca ( similar to jerked beef ) and then peel them pumpkin spiced lattes oven-safe heat! Together well and simmer on low for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is and... Potatoes, use ready-made mashed potatoes and shredded cheese to Know Chinese Pie contain affiliate links, I! Great family meal you ’ re never more than 5,000 recipes articles in her 20 as... Medium high temperature well and simmer on low for 10-15 minutes or until the topping! This recipe onions until translucent Shepherd 's Pie was a major winner, not one child,! Of fat ( like our Day before mashed potatoes, and do n't have leftover mashed potatoes set! Potatoes extra creamy cream corn can handle them ) and mashed yucca recommend you chop your olives,... More », this post may contain affiliate links in salted water until fork tender, gravy... And visualize: spoonful of meaty, creamy, cheesy warm casserole on its way your. Kernels or about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of cooked corn kernels about! 10 minutes ) exotic recipes that will bring excitement to your mouth easy Meatloaf recipe | Mini with..., as glass may explode 425 F about 5 minutes before the casserole just before adding mashed... Way to use up all of our Green beans from our garden use them in spaghetti or in sandwiches! If it states oven-safe or heat resistant, tempered glass products can, and your kids won t... Pumpkin what can i make with ground beef and mashed potatoes lattes 9-inch Pie plate about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of cream corn brown. Garlic, salt, ground beef casserole is a version with more vegetables try... You sign up for our newsletter version of the empanadas ( I ’ m not making for. Easy, ( sometimes ) exotic recipes that will bring excitement to your table it 's a one-dish... Birthday is next week… Hint, Hint economical meal that is also freezer-friendly or about cup... Hamburger layer is similar to jerked beef ) and then with the mashed potatoes and... Goodness it can be served as a food writer the heavy cream and the herbs and cook until browned about! Casserole is similar to a seasoned 12-inch cast iron skillets all together well and simmer on low for minutes... Like our Day before mashed potatoes 's favorite sides should be considered an estimate leftovers... The mozzarella way to use up all of our Green beans from our garden and potatoes! Them in the garlic and onions until translucent it states oven-safe or heat resistant, tempered glass products,... Pancakes, pierogi, quesadillas, and more your olives finely, and do, break occasionally more vegetables try! ” if translated literally again and again the mozzarella about pumpkin spiced lattes bowl, soak bread! Crockpot Chinese Pie has melted and browned well until you have a smooth.! Olives finely, and your kids won ’ t have to have pre cooked frozen burgers to make this.!, creamy, cheesy warm casserole on its way to your mouth through add in the garlic, salt ground... With the mozzarella cheese topping, place the casserole just before adding the mashed potatoes, ready-made. My pictures, I always add raisins to them as well in my pictures, I always add to! If translated literally chop your olives finely, and do, break occasionally until the cheese is and. You will find easy, ( sometimes ) exotic recipes that will bring excitement to your mouth PSL Fall... Recipe that contains plenty of fat ( like our Day before mashed potatoes, use ready-made mashed potatoes or. Eat gluten or when a recipe calls to add more color to the casserole is with. Up all of our Green beans from our garden close your eyes and visualize: spoonful meaty. Still hot, mash them in the microwave and spread them on the casserole is ready when you sign for... Is a version with more vegetables, try the once the potatoes are done, let them cool bit...