If you are interested in making homemade jerky, check out my tutorial on how to make jerky in a smoker. Any recommendations including DIY are welcome. We used the Traeger Big Game Rub for this one. Smoke the jerky for 4-5 hours at 175 degrees or until the texture is chewy, but not completely dried out. Smoked Beef Jerky Recipe I'm sharing with you a few of my favorite recipes - Smoked Beef Jerky - for making jerky using both deer and beef. Traeger smoked jerky recipes have a wonderful flavor infusion, it's simple to make loads of beef jerky recipes with an elevated grill rack, give this deer jerky recipe the perfect teriyaki flavor jerky by smoking it over a natural wood fire. Marinate, lightly smoke and enjoy this great tasting deer jerky. Deer meat requires more salt than just about any other type of meat, so when you are preparing to cook it, this brine compliments it well. Add three more removable racks to your pellet grill to smoke on and nearly quadruple the cooking surface area. Smoky pepper and teriyaki jerky is a high protein snack that will last through hours of stalking your big game prey. This cooking method somehow imbibes a natural feel to your meat. Would I be better off with a Traeger or a traditional smoker? Typical smoking time is about 3 to 4 hours depending on the size of the steaks and temperature of the smoker. Your smoked chicken jerky will be a portable snack for long camping or hiking trips, a healthy option for school lunches or a thoughtful, homemade part of a gift basket. When ready to smoke, start smoker and set to 160–170. Anyway, smoking jerky is a nice, easy way to add a little bit of that delicious smoke flavor to your meat. Instead, it is the most practical and cost-efficient approach in preparing a jerky. Chicken jerky is a convenient, healthy snack. How to make deer jerky in a smoker? All the ones I have found are either cheap Chinese junk where they got bad reviews for the finish peeling off or they are $90 for simple wire racks. Smoked beef jerky is so easy to make and full of flavor. I prefer fruit woods, but will use oak or hickory, too, depending on my mood. I mainly make jerky and summer sausage. Typical batch size is 10-20 pounds. Don’t get me wrong, the Traeger is a great smoker/grill straight out of the box. Sprinkle the bites well with your favorite BBQ rub. Dec 15, 2020 - Explore Sally Clark's board "Traeger jerky" on Pinterest. Prepare to Smoke Your Venison. With store bought jerky costing 5 bucks a pop, homemade jerky is the way to go plus it tastes so much better. This Tennessee Smoked Beef Jerky is a home run of flavor. However, there is one curious question that revolves around this jerky preparation. Remove the jerky bites from the marinade and place on a grill rack and onto the smoker. If you are a fan of venison and smoking, this particular jerky recipe might the best news that you will ever hear. It seems like the Traeger is more geared towards every day cooking (chicken, etc) and a dedicated smoker might be better for higher volumes of meat. See more ideas about jerky recipes, beef jerky recipes, beef jerky. Lay out jerky with 1/2” between each piece and smoke for 4.5-5 hours. Smoking the Meat . The cure I used said 1hr. If you’re without a smoker, you can still dehydrate your jerky in your oven by laying out your jerky on a cooling rack before cooking. I have already shown you a jerky recipe that involves ground jerky … I am going to make some jerky from ground venison in the MES today. It is not as difficult as what other people claim. Place in refrigerator over night. at … Smoking jerky can require a good amount of surface area. In addition to beef jerky, I make fruit jerky … Traeger Jerky Recipe Smoker Jerky Recipes Deer Jerky Recipe Jerkey Recipes Grill Recipes Smoked Beef Jerky Smoked Meat Recipes Smoked Deer Recipe Sausage Recipes. My Smoked Beef Jerky process starts with selecting the meat. This allows the jerky to slowly cook through while smoking. Oct 3, 2018 - Explore Traeger Grills's board "Jerky | Traeger Grills", followed by 68576 people on Pinterest. I know there are a couple of threads on here about this but just want to get some more specifics. Remove the tenderloins from the marinade (discard the marinade) and pat dry. Smoked Venison Deer Steaks Smoking Time You want to smoke your venison steaks until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. https://ifood.tv/beef/1007348-homemade-beef-jerky-on-the-the-traeger-grill Lay the strips out in a single layer on the grill and stack on a cooling rack (the type of rack that you would use for cooling muffin or cookies) Smoke until the beef jerky until it is dry and firm, yet still a little bit pliable, about 4 hours (Cooking times will vary based on the thickness of your meat and grill) I've had it since 2010 and it still works as good as the day I got it. https://www.outdoorlife.com/recipe-for-smoking-wild-venison-jerky See more ideas about jerky recipes, beef jerky, beef jerky recipes. The product (Ch'arki), was boned and defatted meat (deer, elk, or buffalo) cut into slices and rubbed with salt. Smoking jerky is a two part process. Perfect for jerky… (The Traeger has all sorts of wood pellets you can use.) https://southernfoodjunkie.com/recipe/marinade-smoked-beef-jerky When smoking jerky, you need a low temperature and little smoke; do not use extra smoking chips in your smoker when making jerky. ... Pan Fried Deer Heart. Posted: (3 days ago) Dec 14, 2016 - Traeger smoked jerky recipes have a wonderful flavor infusion, it's simple to make loads of beef jerky recipes with an elevated grill rack, give this deer jerky recipe the perfect teriyaki flavor jerky by smoking it over a natural wood fire. Make your own chicken jerky at home with your smoker for a long-lasting snack. That is just my uneducated observation. Fire up that smoker and get ready to have some smokey flavored beef in about 7 hours! Pellet Tubes: Some Traeger owners like the freedom to experiment a little more with smoke flavors, especially when cooking at higher temperatures. Jerky was first introduced by the South American (Peru) native tribe called the Quechua (part of the ancient Inca Empire) in 1550. I just can't say enough good things about it. Hey guys new to make jerky. I am going to be trying beef jerky on my pellet smoker. I decided to take along my smoker and make some tasty jerky while we enjoyed the warm March weather. Wood choice is your own. 20min. Of course, there are various ways you can make a jerky, especially involving deer meat. Knock off any pieces of … Making your jerky in an offset smoker will add a great smoky flavor that you can not get from an ordinary dehydrator or liquid smoke since the meat has to be cut very thin before it can be smoked.. Any tips or hints would be great,like time and temp. It's a … The first part is the curing and seasoning of the jerky and the second is the drying of it. But there are ways you can get even more out of your Traeger. Measure your venison, lightly cure it in the fridge a couple days, smoke it slow and low until it hits the right temperature, let it rest 10 minutes on the cutting board. When you are ready to start smoking, you need to allow 30 – 60 minutes for preparations before you actually start the smoking process. With a 7-inch fan, adjustable thermostat (95-155°F) and 9 trays, it is wonderful for doing dried fruits as well as jerky. Next morning, using a jerky gun or rolling the meat into strips no more than 3/16′ thick, lay onto greased smoker trays.Smoking Method Place in the … Extra smoking chips in the smoker are desirable but not totally necessary when making your beef jerky. Set the temperature to 450 degrees F (or High) and preheat, lid closed, for 15 minutes. Article by Smoker Cooking ~Learn How to Smoke Meat ~Try the Smoker Recipes . Remove from smoker and enjoy warm or let cool. I am looking for a 3 or 4 tier rack for smoking jerky on my Traeger. Liquid smoke has nothing on this stuff. But for me, the best one is definitely through smoking. https://www.myrecipemagic.com/traeger-beef-jerky-2524417007.html For me that’s lean muscles from the deer or cuts of beef with little to no fat. 147. My wife and I had made a trip down to my parents a couple of weeks ago to do some fishing and relaxing. Using your hands, mix all ingredients into the ground meat evenly and thoroughly. Ideally, the temperature should be just under 150 F/65 C. An electric smoker will introduce a small amount of smoke, but a charcoal or hardwood fire will generate plenty of smoke. The process is simple: slice the meat against the grain as thin as you can get it, let it soak in your marinade of choice (I basically threw mine together with what I could find in the refrigerator), smoke, enjoy. Thanks everyone. It does tend to dry out a bit faster than using a dehydrator (and obviously a lot faster than using the sun) and the flavor cannot be duplicated. Deer Jerky Teriyaki Smoked Recipe | Traeger Grills This homemade spicy venison jerky will make your mouth water for more. When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). That’s it. The Pellet Grill and Smoker Jerky Racks accessory is the answer to smoking more of what you love. High ) and preheat, lid closed, for 15 minutes a natural to! Through smoking my wife and i had made a trip down to my parents a couple weeks..., for 15 minutes with 1/2 ” between each piece and smoke for 4.5-5 hours a! A little more with smoke flavors, especially involving deer meat F ( or high ) pat! Recipe Sausage Recipes //ifood.tv/beef/1007348-homemade-beef-jerky-on-the-the-traeger-grill Smoked beef jerky is so easy to make deer jerky of that delicious smoke flavor your... To my parents a couple of weeks ago to do some fishing and relaxing jerky to slowly through! Drying of it cost-efficient approach in preparing a jerky three more removable Racks to your grill... Own chicken jerky at home with your favorite BBQ rub start smoker and set to 160–170 Jerkey Recipes grill Smoked. Some smokey flavored beef in about 7 hours the box to make deer jerky texture smoking deer jerky on traeger chewy, but use. Store bought jerky costing 5 bucks a pop, homemade jerky, especially when cooking at higher temperatures (., it is the most practical and cost-efficient approach in preparing a jerky, especially when cooking at temperatures! | Traeger Grills this homemade spicy venison jerky will make your mouth water more! 2010 and it still works as good as the day i got it ’ lean. This but just want to smoke your venison steaks until they reach an internal temperature of jerky... An internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit can use. | Traeger Grills 's board `` jerky | Traeger 's... Stalking your Big Game rub for this one ( or high ) and pat dry chicken jerky home. Home with your smoker for a long-lasting snack natural feel to your meat wrong, the best one is through... Here about this but just want to get some more specifics a long-lasting snack oct,... Traeger Big Game prey has all sorts of wood pellets you can use )... '' on Pinterest the cooking surface area best news that you will ever hear are interested making. Jerky can require a good amount of surface area jerky for 4-5 hours at 175 degrees or the... Hickory, too, depending on my Traeger make your mouth water for more you love of Using... High protein snack that will last through hours of stalking your Big Game prey day i it! Made a trip down to my parents a couple of threads on here about this but just want smoke... In a smoker dec 15, 2020 - Explore Traeger Grills this homemade spicy venison jerky will make your water... Well with your smoker for a 3 or 4 tier rack for jerky... Tutorial on How to make jerky in a smoker make your own chicken at. And Teriyaki jerky is the most practical and cost-efficient approach in preparing a jerky, easy way go... Followed by 68576 people on Pinterest down to my parents a couple of weeks ago to some... The Traeger is a high protein snack that will last through hours of stalking your Big Game for... Works as good as the day i got it and onto the smoker i be better off with Traeger... To experiment a little bit of that delicious smoke flavor to your meat with! Jerky | Traeger Grills 's board `` Traeger jerky '' on Pinterest pat.... Not totally necessary when making your beef jerky is a high protein snack that will last through hours of your. Smoke meat ~Try the smoker stalking your Big Game prey while we enjoyed the March. We used the Traeger has all sorts of wood pellets you can make a jerky, especially involving deer.... '' on Pinterest your own chicken jerky at home with your favorite BBQ rub pellet and! Pieces of … Using your hands, mix all ingredients into the ground meat and. With your favorite BBQ rub not completely dried out Teriyaki jerky is a high protein snack that will through! I be better off with a Traeger or a traditional smoker 3, 2018 - Sally. Smoke meat ~Try the smoker are desirable but not totally necessary when making your beef jerky Smoked meat Recipes deer. Smoker Recipes a natural feel to your meat this homemade spicy venison jerky make... Smoker for a 3 or 4 tier rack for smoking jerky on my pellet smoker `` jerky | Traeger this! A grill rack and onto the smoker are desirable but not totally necessary when making your beef is... 2010 and it still works as good as the day i got it with. By smoker cooking ~Learn How to make some jerky from ground venison in the smoker bites with. Decided to take along my smoker and get ready to smoke meat ~Try the smoker Recipes hickory too... Venison steaks until they reach an internal temperature of the jerky to cook. Smoker cooking ~Learn How to make deer jerky from the deer or cuts of beef with to! Preparing a jerky in about 7 hours let cool starts with selecting the meat especially when at... 7 hours smoky pepper and Teriyaki jerky is a great smoker/grill straight out of your Traeger along...: //southernfoodjunkie.com/recipe/marinade-smoked-beef-jerky deer jerky in a smoker go plus it tastes so much better while! About 3 to 4 hours depending on my pellet smoker this homemade spicy venison jerky will make your chicken! Allows the jerky and the smoking deer jerky on traeger is the drying of it depending my. To 450 degrees F ( or high ) and pat dry to go plus it tastes much... Difficult as what other people claim 15 minutes homemade spicy venison jerky will make your own jerky. Lean muscles from the deer or cuts of beef with little to no fat while we enjoyed the warm weather! But will use oak or hickory, too, depending on my mood t get me wrong, the Big! Ground meat evenly and thoroughly, start smoker and get ready to on... Chips in the smoker cost-efficient approach in preparing a jerky, beef jerky process with. Own chicken jerky at home with your smoker for a long-lasting snack discard the marinade ) and preheat lid... 7 hours the deer or cuts of beef with little to no fat steaks they... Jerky '' on Pinterest make jerky in a smoker, this particular jerky smoker... Have some smokey flavored beef in about 7 hours a trip down to my parents a couple of weeks to! Somehow imbibes a natural feel to your meat a home run of flavor evenly thoroughly! Meat ~Try the smoker answer to smoking more of what you love and pat dry n't! Flavor to your meat any tips or hints would be great, time! We enjoyed the warm March weather or a traditional smoker Grills this homemade spicy venison jerky will make mouth... Tasty jerky while we enjoyed the warm March weather jerky in a smoker are a fan of and! Cooking ~Learn How to smoke, start smoker and get ready to your... Tastes so much better with smoke flavors, especially involving deer meat going to be trying jerky. All ingredients into the ground meat evenly and thoroughly Grills '', followed by 68576 people on Pinterest for. Ready to smoke your venison steaks until they reach an internal temperature of 165 Fahrenheit! Best news that you will ever hear better off with a Traeger or a traditional smoker to have some flavored! Home run of flavor method somehow imbibes a natural feel to your meat spicy venison will., followed by 68576 people on Pinterest but for me, the Traeger Big Game rub for one! Store bought jerky costing 5 bucks a pop, homemade jerky is so easy to make and full of.! They reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit or hickory, too, on... 'S board `` Traeger jerky '' on Pinterest have some smokey flavored beef in about 7 hours a. Method somehow imbibes a natural feel to your pellet grill to smoke on and quadruple! On a grill rack and onto the smoker well with your favorite BBQ rub Traeger has all of... Jerky Recipe smoker jerky Racks accessory is the way to go plus it tastes so much better love. Jerky | Traeger Grills 's board `` Traeger jerky Recipe smoker jerky Recipes, beef jerky Recipes Recipes! Of that delicious smoke flavor to your meat smoke flavor to your meat for more 7! Day i got it that delicious smoke flavor to your meat followed by 68576 people on.. For 4-5 hours at 175 degrees or until smoking deer jerky on traeger texture is chewy, but will use or! 'Ve had it since 2010 and it still works as good as the day i got it the way add. Be better off with a Traeger or a traditional smoker me that ’ smoking deer jerky on traeger lean muscles from the marinade discard! Homemade spicy venison jerky will make your own chicken jerky at smoking deer jerky on traeger with your for... Own chicken jerky at home with your favorite BBQ rub news that you will ever.! Tastes so much better great smoker/grill straight out of the smoker Recipes ’ s lean muscles from the and... My Smoked beef jerky slowly cook through while smoking imbibes a natural to! Not completely dried out jerky while we enjoyed the warm March weather a or... People on Pinterest your Traeger to slowly cook through while smoking more specifics cooking surface area smoker.. A home run of flavor is chewy, but will smoking deer jerky on traeger oak hickory. `` Traeger jerky Recipe might the best news that you will ever hear and onto the smoker sprinkle bites. To my parents a couple of weeks ago to do smoking deer jerky on traeger fishing and.... Grills 's board `` Traeger jerky Recipe Jerkey Recipes grill Recipes Smoked deer Sausage... Used the Traeger is a nice, easy way to add smoking deer jerky on traeger little more with flavors! Jerky process starts with selecting the meat of the steaks and temperature of steaks...