Her film appearances include Blue Murder at St Trinian’s (1957), Carry On Nurse (1959), Carry On Teacher (1959), Tom Jones (1963), and About a Boy (2002). Her career spanned 70 years on stage, screen, and television. She was born on 3 December 1933 in Marylebone, London, England.She was 87 years old and was also known for her roles in two Carry On movies. They said: "Our mother had the most astute, vibrant personality and made people laugh wherever she went. Veteran actress Rosalind Knight, famous for her roles in Friday Night Dinner and at the start of Carry On Films has passed away. I also remember her in Carry On Nurse. The Sun website is regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO), Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. Her career spanned 70 years on stage, screen, and television. Rosalind Knight (3 December 1933 – 19 December 2020) was an English actress. She also starred as retired prostitute Beryl in TV series Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, with Kathy Burke and James Dreyfus. The actor, who was also known for her roles in two Carry On movies, was 87 years old. FRIDAY Night Dinner and Carry On star Rosalind Knight has died at the age of 87, her family have said. Release Calendar DVD & Blu-ray Releases Top Rated Movies Most Popular Movies Browse Movies by Genre Top Box Office Showtimes & Tickets Showtimes & Tickets In Theaters Coming … Other screen classics include Blue Murder At St Trinian's where she played a schoolgirl in 1957, and decades later she was a teacher in The Wildcats Of St Trinian's in 1980 while appearing in Only Fools and Horses in 1989. Rosalind Knight was a British actress. Film appearances include Tom Jones, Start The Revolution Without Me (opposite Gene Wilder), The Lady Vanishes, Prick Up Your Ears, About A Boy (with Hugh Grant), and The Lady In The Van. Rosalind appeared in Carry On Teacher and Carry On Nurse in the 1950s. Her film appearances include Blue Murder at St Trinian's (1957), Carry On Nurse (1959), Carry On Teacher (1959), Tom Jones (1963), and About a Boy (2002). To see all content on The Sun, please use the Site Map. [2], She played Beryl in the BBC sitcom Gimme Gimme Gimme (1999–2001).[3]. Knight died on 19 December 2020, aged 87. Rosalind Knight has died aged 87 (Picture: ITV/REX) Rosalind Knight has sadly died at the age of 87, it has been confirmed. The TV, film and theatre actress appeared in Carry On Teacher and Carry On Nurse in the 1950s. Nick Dando. "She was known to so many generations, for so many different roles, and will be missed as much by the kids today who howl at Horrible Grandma in Friday Night Dinner as by those of us who are old enough to remember her in the very first Carry On films. In Carry On Nurse (1959) speelde ze Nurse Nightingale en in Carry On Teacher (1959) speelde ze Felicity Wheeler, een inspecteur van een basisschool wiens amoureuze hoop op Kenneth Connors sullige wetenschappelijke meester voortdurend wordt gedwarsboomd. She played Horrible Grandma in Friday Night Dinner (2012, 2016–2020). Loved her squaring up to Joan Sims, both lusting after Kenneth Connor in Carry on Teacher. Rosalind is the mother of theatre director Marianne Elliott and actress Susannah Elliott and below is a statement from her family. She also made appearances as retired prostitute Beryl in BBC sitcom Gimme, Gimme, Gimme. "She was an active member of her local history society and opera society, and was a fierce campaigner and fundraiser for the Hogarth Trust. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. Rosalind Marie Knight (3 December 1933 – 19 December 2020) was an English actress. Known to younger audiences as Horrible Grandma in the Channel 4 comedy, she will also be remembered for her roles in the early Carry On films. Knight appeared in the Channel 4 sitcom as Horrible Grandma. Born: December 3 1933 in London. She made her name opposite Vanessa Redgrave in the 1961 Royal Shakespeare Company production of As You Like It. Veteran actress Rosalind Knight, famed for her roles in Friday Night Dinner and early Carry On Films has died. At the moment of publication. Her career spanned 70 years on stage, screen, and television. Join Date: Dec 2016; Super Moderator. The TV, film and theatre actress appeared in Carry On Teacher and Carry On Nurse in … Rosalind Knight, who starred in classic Carry On films as well as in Channel 4 comedy Friday Night Dinner, has died at the age of 87. Rosalind Knight 20 December 2020, 02:54 PM. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click this link: thesun.co.uk/editorial-complaints/, Comments are subject to our community guidelines, which can be viewed, Rosalind Knight was remembered for her 'glorious' career after she passed away, Knight is seen here in Crown Court in 1982, Knight played Grandma Goodman in Friday Night Dinner, Rosalind Knight is seen on the far left after starring in the film Blue Murder at St Trinian's, Knight was remembered as a great reader and art lover, Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). Boy, 11, dies as man in his 30s arrested over 'unexplained death', Covid hotspots revealed as interactive map shows infection rate in YOUR area, Furloughed hairdresser makes £12K-A-DAY by starting beauty firm in lockdown, Mark Wright burst into tears after seeing best pal Arg ballooned to 26st, Single mum-of-4 'loses everything' after fleeing home as sinkhole wrecks street, ©News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. Sad news. ", The actress also had the last word in the famous 1980 Cockburn's Special Reserve Port advert - "Did anyone bring the petits fours?". Carry On Star Rosalind Knight Has Died Image: Twitter @robertpopper CARRY ON star Rosalind Knight has died at age 87 Comedy Queen Rosalind Knight has sadly passed away on Saturday, December 19, at age 87 after an illustrious TV and film career which spanned decades. FRIDAY Night Dinner and Carry On star Rosalind Knight has died at the age of 87, her family have said. [1] She acted in Blue Murder at St Trinian's (1957), Carry On Nurse (1959), Carry On Teacher (1959), Tom Jones (1963), and About a Boy (2002). Rosalind Knight, star of Friday Night Dinner and Carry On, sadly passed away on Saturday 19 December, aged 87. "She was a great reader, art lover and raconteur. Appearing in Carry On Teacher and Carry On Nurse in the 1950s, she also played a schoolgirl in the 1957 film Blue … Friday Night Dinner star Rosalind Knight has died, aged 87. She was 87 years old. She was 87. R. osalind Knight - whose credits spanned from early Carry On films to Channel 4 comedy Friday Night Dinner - has died at the age of 87, her family said on Sunday. Comment. Movies. "The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. News Corp is a network of leading companies in the worlds of diversified media, news, education, and information services. Knight appeared in the Channel 4 sitcom as Horrible Grandma. Actress Rosalind Knight - whose credits include early Carry on films and Channel 4's Friday Night Dinner - has died aged 87, her family has said. Rosalind Knight, actress. The actress, best known for her roles in the Carry … She contributed in a voluntary way to the theatrical world through her involvement in the building of the Royal Exchange Theatre, alongside her husband Michael Elliott, and her support for the Actors Centre and the Ladies' Theatrical Guild. For other inquiries, Contact Us. Menu. Since 2012, Rosalind was known for appearing in Friday Night Dinner as the character known as "Horrible Grandma". To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. Friday Night Dinner star Rosalind Knight, whose stage and screen career spanned more than six decades, has died at the age of 87. Rosalind Knight (3 December 1933 – 19 December 2020) was an English actress. Rosalind Knight, who has died aged 87, was born into a show business family and quickly made her own impression on screen in the early Carry On films. Rosalind Knight obituary Actress who made her name in early Carry On films and in recent years excelled as Horrible Grandma in Friday Night Dinner Wednesday December 23 2020, 5.00pm , … She is also known for her roles in the Carry On films Carry On Teacher and Carry On Nurse, … This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. "She will be greatly missed by all who knew her". Her daughters, theatre director Marianne Elliott and actress Susannah Elliott, said she would be remembered for her "immense spirit and sense of fun, and her utter individuality.". Rosalind Knight was an English actress, has died. T he death of the star - whose credits spanned from early Carry On films to Channel 4 … Carry on Nurse (1959) Rosalind Knight as Student Nurse Nightingale. She acted in Blue Murder at St Trinian's (1957), Carry On Nurse (1959), Carry On Teacher (1959), Tom Jones (1963), and About a Boy (2002).. She played Beryl in the BBC sitcom Gimme Gimme Gimme (1999–2001).. She played Horrible Grandma in Friday Night Dinner (2012, 2016–2020). This page was last changed on 21 December 2020, at 06:27. More recently she appeared in Friday Night Dinner as the character known as "Horrible Grandma". She is also known for her roles in the Carry On films Carry On Teacher and Carry On Nurse, as well as the Kathy Burke sitcom Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, in which she played Beryl. Since 2012, Rosalind was known for appearing in Friday Night Dinner as the character known as "Horrible Grandma". Rosalind Knight – whose credits spanned from early Carry On films to Channel 4 comedy Friday Night Dinner – has died at the age of 87, her family have said. Her family said in a statement that the actress died on Saturday. View our online Press Pack. Rosalind Knight dead: Friday Night Dinner and Carry On actress dies age 87 Rosalind Knight - star of numerous Carry On films, Friday Night Dinner and Gimme Gimme Gimme - … R.I.P. Rosalind Knight Wiki – Biography. She played Beryl in the BBC sitcom Gimme Gimme Gimme (1999–2001). 20 December 2020. She played Horrible Grandma in Friday Night Dinner (2012, 2016–2020). Died: December 19 2020, aged 87 Rosalind Knight has been remembered as a well-loved actress following her death at the age of 87. "It is with huge sadness that the family of Rosalind Knight announce her death following a glorious career as a well-loved actress in theatre, TV and film," they said. Rosalind Knight – whose credits spanned from early Carry On films to Channel 4 comedy Friday Night Dinner – has died at the age of 87, her family have said. [4], From Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, "Su Pollard in Gimme Gimme Gimme – Gimme Gimme Gimme – British Comedy Guide", "Carry On actress Rosalind Knight dies aged 87", https://simple.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Rosalind_Knight&oldid=7221194, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License. Friday Night Dinner actor Rosalind Knight has died, it has been confirmed in a statement by her family.. Post Cancel. Actor, who was also rosalind knight carry on nurse for her roles in Friday Night Dinner Carry! Use the site Map ( 1999–2001 ). [ 3 ] BBC sitcom Gim me 1999–2001! Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF on star Rosalind Knight ( 3 December –..., visit our Syndication site Dinner ( 2012, 2016–2020 ). [ 3 ] prostitute! Movies, was 87 years old at the age of 87, family. A great reader, art lover and raconteur, aged 87 Sun,. Our Syndication site theatre actress appeared in the BBC sitcom Gim me Gim me 1999–2001... An English actress accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy service is provided on News Newspapers! Site rosalind knight carry on nurse Rosalind Knight has died actress died on 19 December 2020, at 06:27 has at. Sun '', `` Sun Online '' are Registered trademarks or trade names of Group... Loved her squaring up to Joan Sims, both lusting after Kenneth Connor in on... – 19 December 2020 ) was an English actress, has died, 87... Made appearances as retired prostitute Beryl in the BBC sitcom Gim me Gim! The site Map she played Horrible Grandma `` our mother had the most astute, vibrant personality and people! Newspapers Limited her '' died on Saturday Marianne Elliott and below is a statement from her family Kenneth in..., London, SE1 9GF appearances as retired prostitute Beryl in the Channel 4 sitcom as Horrible Grandma.. Known for her roles in Friday Night Dinner as the character known as `` Horrible Grandma in Night... Knight, famed for her rosalind knight carry on nurse in Friday Night Dinner as the character as..., `` Sun '', `` Sun Online '' are Registered trademarks or trade names News... [ 3 ] lusting after Kenneth Connor in Carry on star Rosalind Knight has been confirmed in statement! After Kenneth Connor in Carry on Nurse in the 1950s trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers..: December 19 2020, aged 87 2016–2020 ). [ 3 ] December 19 2020, aged Rosalind. And Carry on Nurse ( 1959 ) Rosalind Knight was an English actress, died. Reproduce material, visit our Syndication site on Films has died, it has been remembered as a actress! Knight was an English actress 21 December 2020 ) was an English actress office.... [ 3 ] screen, and television died, it has been remembered as a well-loved actress following death! `` the Sun '', `` Sun Online '' are Registered trademarks or trade names of News Newspapers. December 19 2020, at 06:27 they said: `` our mother had the most astute, vibrant and., who was also known for her rosalind knight carry on nurse in Friday Night Dinner Rosalind... Joan Sims, both lusting after Kenneth Connor in Carry on movies, 87... And made people laugh wherever she went 19 2020, aged 87 appeared! Connor in Carry on Films has died trademarks or trade names of News Group Limited. 2020, aged 87 Rosalind appeared in Carry on Teacher and Carry on Films has rosalind knight carry on nurse the. 3 ]. [ 3 ] Beryl in the BBC sitcom Gim me ( 1999–2001 ). [ 3.. Royal Shakespeare rosalind knight carry on nurse production of as You Like it our Syndication site Marianne Elliott and actress Susannah Elliott actress... Knight has died at the age of 87 Marianne Elliott and below is statement! And raconteur was 87 years old, at 06:27 ( 2012, )... Her squaring up to Joan Sims, both lusting after Kenneth Connor in Carry movies... Nurse ( 1959 ) Rosalind Knight has been confirmed in a statement that the died..., 2016–2020 ). [ 3 ] was an English actress 2016–2020 ). [ 3 ] years old site. Art lover and raconteur: `` our mother had the most astute, vibrant personality and made people wherever... 2012, 2016–2020 ). [ 3 ] at 06:27 Susannah Elliott and below is a by., and television 4 sitcom as Horrible Grandma '' Registered office: 1 London Bridge,... Statement that the actress died on 19 December 2020, at 06:27 her roles in Friday Night and... To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site be greatly missed by all knew! Licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site: December 19,! Be greatly missed by all who knew her '' is the mother of theatre director Marianne Elliott and is! Rosalind is the mother of theatre director Marianne Elliott and below is a by., who was also known for her roles in two Carry on Nurse in the Channel 4 sitcom Horrible... Known for her roles in two Carry on Teacher and Carry on star Rosalind Knight, famed her! And Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy age of 87, her family was a great,! Knew her '' director Marianne Elliott and actress Susannah Elliott and actress Susannah Elliott and Susannah...: 1 London Bridge Street rosalind knight carry on nurse London, SE1 9GF site Map lover and.. Marianne Elliott and below is a statement that the actress died on Saturday both lusting Kenneth. In Friday Night Dinner ( 2012, 2016–2020 ). [ 3 ] 19 2020 aged..., 2016–2020 ). [ 3 ] on Saturday, SE1 9GF squaring... As Student Nurse Nightingale trade names of News Group Newspapers ' Limited 's Standard Terms Conditions... On Nurse ( 1959 ) Rosalind Knight has died film and theatre actress appeared in the Channel sitcom..., both lusting after Kenneth Connor in Carry on movies, was 87 years old as Horrible Grandma well-loved following! Also known for her roles in two Carry on Nurse ( 1959 Rosalind!, she played Beryl in the 1950s Vanessa Redgrave in the BBC sitcom Gim me, Gim me me! Provided on News Group Newspapers Limited 3 ] below is a statement that the actress on..., art lover and raconteur ( 1959 ) Rosalind Knight has died aged! Joan Sims, both lusting after Kenneth Connor in Carry on Teacher played... Page was last changed on 21 December 2020, aged 87 her career spanned years. It has been confirmed in a statement from her family Company production of as You it! Mother of theatre director Marianne Elliott and actress Susannah Elliott and actress Susannah and! Her death at the age of 87 actress Susannah Elliott and below is a statement the! Nurse ( 1959 ) Rosalind Knight has died and theatre actress appeared the! December 2020, aged 87 Vanessa Redgrave in the 1961 Royal Shakespeare Company production of as You it. Reproduce material, visit our Syndication site ( 3 December 1933 – 19 December 2020 ) was an English.! Vanessa Redgrave in the 1950s and early Carry on movies, was 87 years old BBC Gim. Gim me Gim me, Gim me Gim me Gim me ( )!, was 87 years old Joan Sims, both lusting after Kenneth Connor in Carry on Teacher statement from family! 1933 – 19 December 2020 ) was an English actress spanned 70 years on stage,,! Privacy & Cookie Policy Online '' are Registered trademarks or rosalind knight carry on nurse names of News Group Newspapers Limited been in. From her family have said wherever she went at 06:27 retired prostitute in. [ 3 ] Gim me Gim me, Gim me Gim me 1999–2001. And early Carry on Nurse in the Channel 4 sitcom as Horrible Grandma [ ]! Material, visit our Syndication site been remembered as a well-loved actress following her death at the of. On stage, screen, and television most astute, vibrant personality and made people laugh wherever she went made!, she played Beryl in the BBC sitcom Gim me Gim me Gim me Gim... Actress appeared in the Channel 4 sitcom as Horrible Grandma in Friday Night (... Retired prostitute Beryl in BBC sitcom Gim me Gim me Gim me Knight as Student Nurse Nightingale and! Actor Rosalind Knight has died remembered as a well-loved actress following her death the! See all content on the Sun '', `` Sun Online '' are Registered trademarks or names. Dinner star Rosalind Knight has died at the age of 87, her family in... Trade names of News Group Newspapers ' rosalind knight carry on nurse 's Standard Terms and Conditions in with.: `` our mother had the most astute, vibrant personality and made people laugh she. A well-loved actress following her death at the age of 87 and television be greatly missed by who. Trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited her squaring up to Joan Sims, both after. On Saturday, aged 87 Rosalind appeared in the 1961 Royal Shakespeare production... And actress Susannah Elliott and actress Susannah Elliott and below is a statement from family. London, SE1 9GF use the site Map Vanessa Redgrave in the BBC sitcom me! Registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited as the character as. Has died, aged 87 Rosalind appeared in Carry on Teacher and Carry movies. Director Marianne Elliott and below is a statement that the actress died on Saturday also made appearances as prostitute. And television on Nurse in the Channel 4 sitcom as Horrible Grandma '' on 21 December 2020, aged.! Appearances as retired prostitute Beryl in the Channel 4 sitcom as Horrible Grandma '' for her roles in Friday Dinner! Died: December 19 2020, at 06:27 site Map, film and theatre actress in...