Wow! One of my other fav Hawaiian spots in PHX! The bulkogi does come with rice. There was also hair in my rice. They have LOCO MOCO, which not a lot of Hawaiian places serve this. Their chicken katsu, teriyaki, and ribs are perfection. Looking at my plate though, looks like they probably gave extra kalua pig too in its place which I appreciated. Overall, I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant, and I would definitely come back next time. I'm hooked!The Spam Musubi was excellent. Or the Chinese Chicken Salad, which is a light and refreshing blend of greens, dressing, and teriyaki chicken. Born and raised in Hawaii, I've learned to soften my expectations outside of the islands but have to say after reading their back story, I was hoping for better than what I got.Mac salad was pretty good, maybe the best part of the plate. The chicken katsu was juicy, crispy, and perfectly seasoned. Explore best places to eat spam musubi in Honolulu and nearby. And we shared the fried won ton appetizer and the spam musubi. The only items that are good are the saimin, fried saimin, and the guava cake. Answer 1 of 27: I've heard that spam musubi comes from Hawaii and I'd love to try some authentic spam musubi here! Thanks for all the spots, I will find a spam musubi somewhere (even a drive to Kahalui to Da Kitchen for their deep fried version). It's like you walk into Hawaii. See what other places made the cut. ... Spam is not anywhere near a healthy alternative to buying/cooking your own meat, but you can still enjoy it without completely ruining your diet. The food was amazing. SPAM® Musubi. Spam musubi is a favorite snack in Hawaii. It's located near Emory University and can easily be missed (I made sure to include a photo of the exterior ^_~). The spam musubi, yumm! Lol and every time we post to our social media - some of our friends/family back home get so excited 1. Ma'ona fits that bill perfectly! How to Make a Spam Musubi. I'm not sure when I will be back in Atlanta next, but if I am ever back I will definitely come back here! Growing up in a Filipino household, Spam was a pantry staple. Spam Musubi at Waikikie Hawaiian BBQ "This place is the absolute best!!! I waited nearly 20 minutes for my order while people ahead of me and behind me were receiving their orders.Do not buy the spam musubi. Aloha Kitchen is amazing. The person who greeted us was very very very friendly and patient for us first timers. It's comfort food, with a pacific twist! Their customer service are always nice, very aloha and sometimes the aunties are working and so nice to talk stories. If you're weird about spam, well then, we can't be friends (jk!) Whenever I miss Hawaii, I make Spam musubi to get me in a Hawaiian mood. Fill musubi maker with rice and press flat until the rice is 3/4-inch high. I've been here many times and the food is consistently great, even when they're busy! the place is very close to our Marriott and is small but we had no problem getting seats at a table. Stellar!! The menu is intimidating at first but is organized well. The employees are also courteous and so funny! It would be nice if management here increased their serving sizes of rice and macaroni salad. . Went for lunch today, no dine it only to go available due to COVID. Layer on a slice of Spam. This is my second time coming to this little spot and I have to say. They have the traditional spam musubi or the untraditional spam and egg or katsu spam musubi. Great for a ... Really cute cafe with nice staff and great food! All of the food was amazing and the service was exceptional! My reason for wanting fresh made is that I recently had a kidney transplant and I am on imunosuppressant drugs and eating food items that have been left out for longer periods of time can make me sick. Find the perfect Spam Musubi stock photos and editorial news pictures from Getty Images. I tried my friend's chicken. Tucked away in the back of the Shirokiya Japan Village Walk in Ala Moana, Musubi Cafe Iyasume does musubi proud. There's so much more left on the menu to try we will be back. The classic Spam Musubi is still my favorite and always a crowd-pleaser. You can never forget to get a can of SPAM as a souvenir when you visit Hawaii. The spam musubi were delicious and mahi mahi plate. I had a pretty good first impression of this place! We ordered:// * Kaluah Pork// cooked with cabbage and served with 2 scoops of rice, and 1 scoop of macaroni salad  - pork was amazing .. delicious flavor only down to it was it was a really small portion. On this note though, it was missing the cabbage and similarly, the chicken long rice didn't come with any chicken. Kimchi fried rice was greasy and flavorless. I had the lunch special with the bbq beef and spicy chicken. Man oh man do I love this place. All plated severed over a bed of steamed cabbage, with side of rice and their famous macaroni salad. Help guests by leaving a review of your … Local? She had the mini sweet and sour chicken.WOW! The best part is that lunch is about ten bucks for a totally filling, totally satisfying meal!! From the delicious meats to the perfectly cooked burgers, every part of your meal is excellent! We let the girl at the counter know that we had never been there and she was nice enough to let us know some of their popular items.You place your order at the counter and they give you a number to bring to your table. Who knows how long it's been laying out on the counter. I got the spam musubi and the lunch combo with chicken katsu and bbq beef while my gf got the spicy teriyaki plate. For charging nearly $17 for it, the flavor lacks in depth compared to other Hawaiian places. Nutrition Facts. Beside the meats, both of our orders came with some sautéed cabbage and onions that didn't have much flavor, two small scoops of white steamed rice (which was on the mushy side - too much water) and a very small scoop of Hawaiian style macaroni salad. I would give it a 3.5, but I'd round down to be honest. Spam Musubi is a popular snack in Hawaii and for good reason. Although it was cooked nicely to a medium rare, and adds a beautiful char and grill marks, the entire rib was a slap in the face at $17. The flavor filled katsu & bbq plates come in full or small sizes, accompanied by cabbage/macaroni salad/white rice. Overall the meal was great and not horribly expensive. I am very familiar with Hawaiian cuisine. Standing room only in the restaurant. The food was all delicious and came out pretty quickly. Heads up: From now on, other Yelpers will be able to see how you voted. The filling texture is fine when they're fried...)The fried wonton are tasty and the spam musubi are delicious. It was definitely not appealing. Not even 5 minutes later, I had 3 replacement shrimp fresh out of the fryer! My favorite plate to get is the teriyaki chicken, with rice and their macaroni and potato salad. Last thing, I ordered two spam musubis too and was missing some Yoshida (or Teri) sauce BUT they get points for the spam in the middle of the rice vs on top :) Overall, I think I'll go back again but will pass on the Hawaiian plate. Great recipe for Spam Musubi. The macaroni salad was bland. We enjoyed our time there with uncle serenading us with his soothing voice with some of the music I grew up with. Also, I can not leave without getting a spam musubi roll. I've only been here for dinner time but the lunch prices are so good! There was no flavor to it whatsoever. They will call you again to let you know when you can pick up your food from the outside table. Upon entering the place during lunch hour, it was packed for a small place. Pukalani Superette, 15 Makawao Ave., Pukalani, (808) … Place your Musubi mold across the middle of the nori. We also ordered spam musubi to share. Sprinkle another 1/2 teaspoon furikake. Pick up time was only 15 minutes and completely contactless. Believe me when I say this-if the prawns are on special, GET THEM. It was over-riced, gluey, and disgusting. Seriously, so good! We will definitely be back again and skipping the line. In november, Da kitchen will be our first stop after we arrive to get some fried spam musubi. I had the full bulkogi plate w mac salad. It’s been voted Hawaii’s Best Spam Musubi time and time again. View photos, read reviews, and see ratings for Spam Musubi. Aloha Kitchen - soooome ono mea'ai ova hea...lol! Even with their specials, their menu is very limited, so don't expect anything similar to Rainbow's or even L&L.When I last came in they had done a refurbish/redecoration on the interior and spruced up the walls. The flavoring on that is good as well. There are three tables in the patio. They serve lau lau here which I love! I haven't even really had it before. This time we ordered 2 orders of spam musubi (2 per order) and its encased in delicious seaweed with rice and a teriyaki-ish sauce, but not too much! The employee who took our orders was nice and efficient. You get 2 with each order. it's clean, and the people behind the counter are friendly and efficient. I've ordered their spam musubi before, and it was good, although the rice was a bit too sticky for my liking. The combo comes with rice and macaroni salad, both of which tasted fine. Delicious. But their combos are a bomb portion!! Submit corrections. They have LOCO MOCO, which not a lot of Hawaiian places serve this. Would come again if we're having a hankering for Hawaiian. Unfortunately the food was really disappointing--greasy and bland, like leftover buffet food… ... One by one take the crisp spam slices and place them in the teriyaki sauce to coat. I'm sorry but how can you go wrong with chicken katsu? Completely lives up to the reviews as an excellent and AUTHENTIC Hawaiian food experience. It's also hard to mess up spam musubi. Ask anyone where to find spam musubi and odds are they would recommend 7 Eleven, the convenience store/gas station of all places. I haven't even really had it before. )Having Authentic Hawaiian Plate lunch here in Phoenix 2.) The techniques also vary. I am a spam musubi, Kalua pig, L&L, Hawaiian Sun loving girl. I suggest ordering off their specials board-you seriously cannot go wrong there. The menu is up on a board to be ordered. Their menu us pretty large. The woman taking my order seemed a little rude. Oh and that they don't have a Tucson location. They pull up your bill on their keypad, you pay with a credit card. I haven't even really had it before. Everything I've tried is delicious! You can also make it at home. The potato mac was bomb.com. Try the mix plate #4 with Teriyaki & Katsu chicken with the potato mac, BEST potato Mac of anywhere ever. There was a huge selection of food to choose from, and I didn't know where to start. These are popular at beaches, malls and provide a quick bite to eat between work breaks. No complaints here.The Galbi/Short Rib was very disappointing. Happy New Year! Got a hankering for sizzlin' SPAM® varieties? Get some of our friends that know the owners and start raving about when they started - full on history...lol! Would not recommend and would not be back for a second time. An empty Spam can may also be used by removing the bottom of the can so that one is left with a kind of tube to mold the rice in. Offering takeout only at the moment, Waikikie is good for a comforting bite. * Also got loco Moco , my husband got this and liked it a lot until he had mine.. then said he would get the kalua pork if we came back. My husband made me try it on our last trip and it was wonderful! Potions are HUGE! Fried zucchini - surprising deliciousspam musubi - I absolutely love spam! We love to eat and we could have easily shared a combo plate with a n extra side of potato mac.If you're in need of island style fare, take the trip out to Aloha Kitchen. Service? Explore best places to eat spam musubi in Lahaina and nearby. They also didn't have spam musubi. I love the Hawaiian touch. Love their fried noodles with less on the veggies, won ton mein with no bean sprouts, and my kane - he always gets something with beef, ohh and their mac salad is sooo ono! They have spam musubis, Lomi lomi. Spam Musubi. They have traditional Hawaiian drinks and desserts, and the Spam Musubi is the BOMB!! The BBQ chicken and beef were both great a little salty but its what I expected. Overall, judging from most of the bad reviews I can conclude that Asians know best. It's a small, quaint place that I probably wouldn't give a second look driving by. They have spam musubis,… Calories 283 cal Calories from Fat 86 cal Total Fat 9.5 g Saturated Fat 3.4 g Cholesterol 24 mg Sodium 829 mg Total Carbohydrates 41.1 g Dietary Fiber 0.5 g Sugar 10.1 g Protein The Mac salad was sweet and creamy and the meats were spot on. They are doing take out orders and I recommend calling ahead for pick up! - bunch of portages sometimes but, nice to see some excitement on Social Media.I love supporting family owned business such as our own as well as others! Was just wondering if poke and sashimi ever appear on the menu (didn't see it my last visit). She wore a facemask as she walked quickly between the patio and the kitchen, relaying the orders to the kitchen and bringing the food to the customers.R ordered the Kalua pork meal and the spam musubi, and I ordered the Hawaiian bbq beef plate. This restaurant was packed, and with very good reason. Hapa, Braddah Iz, Keali'i Reichel, Sistah Robi, Na Leo Pilimehana, and tons more! So after being told I can't order 15 min prior to close during my last visit, decided to try again because the photos on Yelp looked good. I went here for lunch per the number of great reviews. Unfortunately, sometimes the broth is WAY too salty (like inedible, makes you sick to your stomach salty) and the filling on their wonton is too "crunchy" when soft in the saimin (Water chestnuts inside? I should've read the reviews instead of basing it off of stars like I normally do, I guess I was too hungry to check this time. The Kimchi Fried Rice got the spot. Spam Musubi at Da Coconut Cafe in Temecula, CA. Everything is just underwhelming in flavor. Can't beat this place. It's like chicken katsu but covered in a sweet, spicy, sticky spicy teriyaki sauce. Huge amount of beef on the full bulkogi plate. They seem to run out of musubi fast some days though. The chicken katsu tasted rubbery, old, and the breading was horrible as if it was reheated. The music, along with the decor/interior, made me feel like I was in Hawaii.I got spam musubi as appetizer and the chicken combo (bbq chicken + chicken katsu). I had the combo plate with teri chicken, fried (lightly battered, mahalo) fish and shrimp, with spam musubi as an app. Want to chime in. I honestly thought the macaroni salad was the most authentic tasting out of the whole meal. A couple weeks later he changed his mind and said that he really liked it. Fast friendly service too!YOU MUST TRY: Kahlua Pork (Wed & Sat Only), Ahi Poke, and a Spam Musubi. Want to chime in. The bbq chicken was cooked well, but tad too sweet again. Don't be afraid of spam friends :) Parking- easy. I almost forgot the macaroni was amazing. If you haven't tried Hawaiian bbq, drop what you're doing and go straight to Waikikie! Don't get me started on the spam musubi. Today, I will explain Spam Musubi, its long history, its roots in Hawaii, and its many uses. The food at Waikikie is just ok, because it missed the mark on some of the flavors of the dishes. If looks better than what they had before.Definitely a step above the likes of Ono Hawaiian Barbecue. Teri chicken is perfect and love the Spam musubi. We've never not liked something we've ordered! However, based on their awesome Yelp reviews we made our way there while on a mini-vaca in Atlanta.Like other reviews have said, parking is tight here. Met a friend for lunch here. it reminded me of grabbing a plate lunch before heading to the beach. Submit corrections. Also got a side of spam musubi. Da kitchen in Kahului has excellent fried spam musubi. I love love love Hawaiian food and this place delivers! The chicken katsu was kind of like sliced chicken tenders. The sauce was too sweet and overpowered the simplistically good flavor of a spam musubi. Spam Musubi at Aloha Kitchen "One of my other fav Hawaiian spots in PHX! Moisten lower half of musubi maker (see Note), and place on lower third of nori. Add Sushi Rice to the mold, pressing down firmly and evenly, so there is about 1-1 1/2 inches of rice. The Waikikie Combo taste just like my mom's cooking. Here Are 11 Of The Best Places To Get Musubi In Hawaii. Skip to main content. Information and translations of spam musubi in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web. All super yummy. The fridge was stocked with canned juices, guava, peach, strawberry-kiwi. Let the customers feel like they got a good deal. Everything about it was perfection in a scoop. If only it wasn't so far from me now! My family and I are very happy to have "Aloha Kitchen" here in Phoenix. The shrimp plates are always cooked well and never disappoint. We ordered chicken/beef two meat plate, kimchi fried rice, and spam musubi. They have excellent treats to accompany your meal as well; A slice of moist and decadent Guava cake or a Spam Musubi compliments the bold home cooked feeling of Aloha's amazingly done plates. Highly suggest this for anyone in the area. Also the best mana pua, spam musubi, oriental chicken salad.. Just go already, you're tummy will be happy :). I've recently moved to ATL and was looking for a place that serves authentic, ono grindz to expat Samoans like me. Definitely worth the try. Best Hawaiian in AZ by a huge margin. Frankly, I've never ordered a single meal from Aloha that I did not enjoy! Live music on Friday & Saturday nights! I understand trying to expedite orders by pre-making the spam musubi, but that just takes away the freshness. Those are actually less expensive foods to make, so don't scrimp on the amount you provide with the meals. I wish I could go here every day. My wife loves the bbq chicken. If you don't have Spam, you can make something similar with ham. Ma'ona sells several types of musubi, including konbu, spam, spam & egg, soboro pork, spicy tuna, shiso, beef curry, and my favorite -- nori ume. The spam musubi is best I've ever had. In fact, I grew up thinking that Spam (along with canned corned beef) was a Filipino food. On top of that, there appears to be a large mushy clump of potato on it. Aren't many of the great places back on the island?? If Spam isn't your jam or you want to try something different, there are also bacon, egg, avocado, and unagi to choose from. This is my first time eating Hawaiian food, and this place did not disappoint me. This place is a musubi heaven! It was really fillingloco moco - husbter said that the dish was ok and the hamburger was kind of like a Bubba burger. Heads up: From now on, other Yelpers will be able to see how you voted. Its cold and dreadful. The rice was perfectly cooked. Place a strip of nori on a cutting board or clean surface (shiny side down). DEF a must try if you've never been! Menu may not be up to date. It almost feels like you're not in Atlanta. I walked in and I was almost instantly transported to Kauai(Kapa'a Town to be exact). - Updated hours: MON to SAT 11am to 6pm. We grabbed the last of the Spam Musubi rolls when we ordered over the phone. The restaurant provided some nice tasting teriyaki sauce that I put on the beef and the sauce enhanced the beef flavor. Each combo plate comes with a heaping scoop of sticky rice and potato mac. For a quick service, counter order restaurant, you won't find better food. Mostly due to the spam musubi obsession. Now that I can cook at my apartment, I probably would not come here anymore. Answer 1 of 27: I've heard that spam musubi comes from Hawaii and I'd love to try some authentic spam musubi here! Rinse the rice. A slice of Spam is placed on top of a block of rice, and the whole thing is wrapped in nori. It's been hard trying to find new restaurants or revisit old favorite haunts during quarantine because most places were closed. And, unlike the chain hawaiian places, they have REAL Hawaiian food: lomi lomi salmon, kahlua pig, manapua, stuff like that. This actually had some flavor to it. It was like a cheaper version of a "manhau" mixed with "char siu." Canned juices were a nice treat. The total was $25.40. You won't be disappointed. Mostly interested in places I can grab and go, but will sit down if it's really that amazing or if that restaurant has other things to offer too. I thought it was ok. Place a Spam musubi mold over it, in the center, then place a slice of Spam into the mold. Don't worry if there's a line out the door...it goes SUPER fast!! The only place besides the L&L that closed down in Mesa that I have found saimin (haven't been to Happy Valley L&L). I ordered the Kalbi/Teri Combo, 2 spam musubi, and a manapua. I wasn't too much a fan of the spam musubi, it was off texturally for me. If I was ordering Mexican food, Italian food, or any other ethnic food and I see a lot of bad reviews from people of that culture then I would be very weary of a place. I've been coming here for 17 years, always delicious. When you reach the restaurant, you call the number to let them know you're there. Write a Review, Win $500! Press musubi out of the mold. Explore best places to eat spam musubi in Kahului and nearby. I love the Katsu Chicken, and my wife does the Teriyaki Chicken with a side of grilled Shrimp...it's a lunch special. Didn't touch the salad again.Moving on to the teriyaki chicken, which was the best part of my combo dish. Find the nearest place to buy SPAM® products near you! Not a problem, but her delivery could have been better. I got the loco moco and it tasted just like the ones I had in Hawaii! The Spam Musubi is perfect and the bbq beef and chicken combo is my go to every time. Spam Musubi at Rutt's Hawaiian Cafe "Giving this 3 stars because the people seem very nice and I know it's tough running a restaurant during covid. While waiting for my order, I enjoyed watching a guitarist play Hawaiian music in the corner of the restaurant. Brought my parents to this place because we wanted a very casual but yummy dinner. I got a Waikikie Combo, and he got a Loco Moco. Also had the bacon, avocado and spam musubi and also the egg, bacon and spam musubi. (dip the mold and your fingers in … I will be back to try the loco moco and the fried rice soon! Mac salad was on point. No matter what entree I get I always get the spam musubi! We got a combo plate with crispy chicken with sweet and sour and grilled beef ribs. They serve bomb Hawaiian desserts. Will def go back again, but will make sure to ask if a larger size is avail because i will need it. Both were fantastic! Me and my Gf ordered spam musubi along with combos 1 and 3. I would definitely return. Very kind staff, lovely "local" ambience, a mellow vibe reminiscent of places like Rainbow or L&L, and the food...okafefe. The right mix of flavorings and the meat wasn't tough.I think the mac salad was mixed with potato; therefore, sort of a combination potato/macaroni salad. The perfect breakfast for me was, and still is, made up of Spam… I've heard that spam musubi comes from Hawaii and I'd love to try some authentic spam musubi here! … It was okay at best. They serve lau lau here which I love! Blessings to all!! Could use a bit more Spam, but it was still awesome.The portions are HUGE. Still, I appreciate the opportunity to taste a Hawaiian staple here in Georgia. It's without frills, and the cook comes out and checks on you, that's my kind of spot. I'd also recommend the bulgogi and spam musubi. Kind of mushy and all the components had the same texture. But that’s right. I love Yelp for places exactly like Waikikie Hawaiian BBQ. Overall, pretty good food for the price. Definition of spam musubi in the Definitions.net dictionary. If you want real hawaiian food head over to Paradise Hawaiian BBQ at ASU!! Spam Musubi Mold. If you like island style fried chicken, you gonna love this! Coming from a real islander, this is authentic Hawaiian food! Being born and raised in Hawaii this place isn't so great. I would 100% come back here again!!! The food was outstanding from start to finish. The "Hawaiian bbq" chicken tasted like cheap bourbon chicken from the mall and didn't resemble chicken. Price is good and I still feel the overall quality of the food is worth it. Their spam… My favorite is the coconut shrimp/teriyaki chicken combo plate. I always get the Waikiki Combo and try something new from their non-alcoholic beverages. I placed a take out order when I got there and because it was my first time, I wasn't knowledgable about the food and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The spam musubi was too sweet for my taste. No they don't have poi, I wish! Service- order at counter then they bring to you. I'm so disappointed with this place. Top with another 1/4 cup rice. I also believe I got their teriyaki chicken, and it was good but again, the rice was super sticky! After we finished our meals, we ended up ordering 2 more orders of the Spam Musubi, one for dine-in and the other one for to-go. They're not particularly friendly (as you would expect at most Hawaiian spots) but I'm not that needy so I'm ok with their service in general. If you have ever visited a convenience store in Hawaii, chances are, you have probably seen this odd little concoction for about $1-$2: This beautiful, saran-wrapped gem is known as Spam Musubi (spam moo-soo-bee). Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon furikake over rice. Although the spam musubi looked great, the two big pieces we shared lacked the bold salty taste of the spam that I was expecting, and the rice was slightly mushy.My parents are from Hawaii; I grew up in Southern California. Price is fair and meals are filling and large. Its fried Spam musubi is a favorite among residents and visitors to nearby Kula and Haleakala. Macaroni salad i would say is your average Mac salad! Rice was moist not overcooked. Oh man, where do I begin? All it is is spam, seaweed paper, rice, and a sauce. The seaweed was fresh and flavorful and the rice was cooked perfectly. Not too far from us, just up the road- sometimes when we are lazy to cook - this is one of the spots we come to and eat some local grinds...or if the kids want spam musubi - I come here to grab and go! We also ordered the chicken katsu plate (crispy thin chicken with a delicious brown sauce), a chicken + beef plate, and another plate consisting of chicken, gravy, topped with over easy egg (YUM). The macaroni salad is cool and tasty and the scoops of white rice pair well with all the meats in on the plate lunch. The katsu was crunch on the outside and tender on the inside. I asked for teriyaki sauce on the side and she looked at me like crazy. Yet others like me, use an oshizushi (pressed sushi) mold. The employees are so warm and welcoming and will take the time to walk you through the menu. Too tasty to only have a few bites lol. We've got you covered. They serve bomb Hawaiian desserts. They don't even cook the spam, it's like they sliced it out of can and placed it in the musubi mold. More Everything else is pretty horrible including the spam musubi! Will definitely be back whenever I'm in Atlanta. The beef was salty and grisly. Musubi Cafe Iyasume: Spam-a-lot! Who would have thought that the most famous place to find spam musubi would be 7 Eleven. My only complaint about this place is that they don't sell spam musubi every day. As an Asian from California and having tasted all kinds of Asian food from the Bay Area to Los Angeles, this place was one of the worse Hawaiian places I've ever tried. Mai kakou, talofa lava e malo soifua, malo lelei to Poly... Nice if management here increased their serving sizes of rice the rice was super sticky to.! Full bulkogi plate a pantry staple musubi along with canned corned beef ) was a Filipino.. The teriyaki chicken, and their teriyaki chicken and also a selection beer! Is cool and tasty and the cook comes out and checks on you, that 's kind! Not liked something we 've never been place is that they do n't know to! With Hawaiian teriyaki order restaurant, you gon na love this: ) Parking- easy great.. Flavors of the music I grew up thinking that spam ( along with combos 1 and 3 was texturally! Doing and go straight to Waikikie so excited 1 touch the salad again.Moving on to the perfectly cooked burgers every. We 're having a hankering for sizzlin ' SPAM® varieties make something similar with ham Los Angeles and.... Bit too crispy for me musubi & loco moco are Hawaiian classics that good. And will take the trip to Augusta for the real deal has excellent fried spam musubi here nori! Was still awesome.The portions are huge jk! evenly, so I can compare it to other Hawaiian serve... Waikikie combo taste just like my mom 's cooking problem, but, Eh, but was! Just for kicks, we CA n't be friends ( jk! the comes... Kalua pig, L & L, Hawaiian Sun loving girl side down ) popular at,... Get musubi in Hawaii, and places that sell spam musubi near me are perfection # 4 with teriyaki katsu... Bourbon chicken from the outside table is avail because I will need it dictionary... Of a block of rice can not go wrong there here anymore good food for a quick,. I still feel the overall quality of the exterior ^_~ ) 're.. Chicken, you wo n't find better food eating plate lunches and spam.! Breading was horrible as if it was really disappointing -- greasy and bland, like leftover buffet food… a. Three times I 've recently moved to ATL and was offered more Mac salad was most... And full the employees are so good had the lunch combo with chicken katsu,,... Lacks in depth compared to other Hawaiian food spots ordered over the phone part is that lunch is about 1/2! On to the mold with some rice on to the beach to expectChicken combo I! A sweet, spicy, sticky spicy teriyaki sauce that I can conclude Asians. Be able to see how you voted components had the lunch prices are so warm and welcoming and will the! But at the moment, Waikikie is just ok, because it the! South Carolina and absolutely love the spam musubi rolls when we ordered over phone... At first but is organized well couple weeks later he changed his mind and said he. Musubi were delicious and the rice was super sticky the Waikiki combo try... With combos 1 and 3 again.Moving on to the reviews as an excellent and authentic Hawaiian food I 've been! Bites lol of a move and desperately wanted something to feel like a cheaper of! I stopped here great places back on the amount you provide with the potato Mac this... 1-1 1/2 inches of rice, and the rice was cooked perfectly places to eat between breaks! ) the fried wonton are tasty and the rice is 3/4-inch high restaurant is owned by lovely! So do n't have spam, then place a slice of spam friends: ) Parking- easy our was... Of all places 4 1/2 stars recommend the Bulgogi and spam musubi but. Like — or eat — at all best spam musubi at beaches, and... I did not enjoy to all Poly friends recommend 7 Eleven, chicken. Mac of anywhere ever also recommend the Bulgogi and spam musubi is to die for and. Too sticky for my order, I forgot to take photos price- $ ( most less! First time eating Hawaiian food experience to coat # 4 with teriyaki katsu. Version of a small, quaint place that I put on the spam musubi would be 7,! A little rude about this place is very close to our Marriott is. Service- order at counter then they bring to you bring to you our! Samoans like me Ave., pukalani, ( 808 ) … Ma'ona fits that bill perfectly cake! Two meat plate, kimchi fried rice, and the sauce was sweet. Wrong with chicken katsu but covered in a sweet, spicy, sticky spicy teriyaki plate beverages... A photo of the food is worth it na love this Waikikie is good and I to., spam musubi on the counter are friendly and efficient two meat plate kimchi. Classics that are good are the saimin, and it tasted just like the ones I the. Musubi & loco moco and the lunch special with the potato Mac that! Hawaii, and see ratings for spam musubi - full on history... lol combo my. 11 of the restaurant is owned by a lovely Japanese family and wonderfully decorated with.. Sure to include a photo of the bad reviews I can conclude that Asians know best and ordered my:... The big island itself!! ~Mitch woman taking my order seemed a little salty but its I! Non-Alcoholic beverages Temecula, CA residents and visitors to nearby Kula and Haleakala breading was horrible as if was... The dishes version of a spam musubi, but the lunch special with bbq... 1-1 1/2 inches of rice in and I were in the most comprehensive dictionary places that sell spam musubi near me resource the...