Order your favorite Spanish foods and drinks. “Pasen por aquí por favor” means “Come this way please!”2. Basic Spanish Lessons: Ordering Food The word carne can be translated as a general term for “meat.” So, you might see carne as a section on the menu. Free Bonus Video: Step #2, Part 2: Pointing & More Related videos: The Bare Minimum Method Ask Direction in Spanish … You can also phrase it as a question: "¿Una mesa para dos?" ¿Qué tiene de tomar? ¿Que tipo de bebidas hay en el restaurante? Selecciona los tipos de comida que el restaurante ofrece. Rara Academic by Rara Theme. And don't forget to say "por favor." Hence you can not start it again. Consult your phrasebook or pocket translator if there are items with which you are unfamiliar. “Pupusas” for instance are representative of “El Salvador”, “Nacatamales” and “El Gallo pinto” are traditional dishes in Nicaragua, and just the same “Bandeja Paisa” is a very important one in Colombia. When ordering food, keep these common Spanish … Aquí está el menú de hoy. However, if carne is listed as a type of meat, it generally … Here are some simple phrases to use at a Spanish-speaking airport. You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz. Mesero: ¡Buenas noches! " Querer " is often used to order food or drink in Spanish instead of "Me gustaría". Buenos días. ¿Me puede mostrar el menú por favor? Then solve the quiz about the conversation. Translate Order food. Escuché que la comida mexicana es muy rica en este restaurante. If you are a vegetarian or vegan, make sure to tell your server so he can accommodate you best: "Soy vegetariano/a (estricto/a)" ("I'm a vegetarian (vegan)"). Maritza: Todo se ve muy delicioso. I recommend you to try the grilled pork steak. When ordering food in Spanish, the easiest way to set yourself up for success (and to make sure you get the food you really want) is to have a basic grasp of food-related vocabulary. Learn a few basic hints to get through any dining situation. Revise vocabulary to talk about foods, discuss restaurants and cooking, and order meals. Download this free Worksheet. (0.062900229 seconds) Ordering in Spanish. How else can you order food in Spanish? Help with Ordering in Spanish. ¡Hola! tacos, burritos y tamales. Listen to some of the most common questions customers ask and their possible answers: On the other hand, the waiter (el mesero) or the waitress (la mesera) will usually welcome you with a greeting like “Bienvenido, pase adelante por favor” (welcome, please come in) or “Bienvenido, ¿Tiene reservación?. We have divided them in three different sections. © 2020 USATODAY, a division of Gannett Satellite Information Network, Inc. By remembering a few helpful phrases, you can order food in Spanish with ease. Powered by WordPress. ¡Hola! Voy a pedir un par de tacos de carne y un par de tacos de frijoles. Good night!. My school is in front of the fire station. Juan: Si, creo que voy a ordenar comida mexicana. Do you … Mexican food is probably the most famous in the US, but there are so many dishes in the rest of the continent. ("No thank you, could we just have the check, please?). Mesero: Está bien, la comida estará lista en unos 15 minutos. Learn Spanish with free, communicative lessons. If you would, order. Para elaborar las pupusas primeramente se necesita una masa, que en El Salvador es elaborada por lo general de maíz molido. Learn about children food in Spanish using our interactive, multimedia Drag-n-Match quiz. Ordering at a Restaurant in Spanish When you’re eating out at a Spanish-speaking restaurant, knowing some basic Spanish vocabulary can make the ordering process a little easier. Always use the Usted form with a server. Food plays an important part in Spanish culture. Son básicamente una tortilla, pero la diferencia es que en su interior se les agregan otros ingredientes que le dan un sabor único. Fine Spanish food and wine from traditional and artisan producers. Ordering food in a Spanish-speaking country such as Mexico is as easy as remembering a few set phrases, understanding the menu and remembering to be courteous to your server. Also, real menus will include prices (precios) and many other dishes too, as well as special offers. The lesson includes a list of words and phrases for describing food at the restaurant in Spanish, asking the waiter to recommend you some, make reservations and more. There are not the only phrases you will need at the restaurant in Spanish though. It can be translated as "I would like". Placing your order basically consists of two parts: ordering a beverage and ordering food. Though I speak Spanish fairly well, I always feel uncomfortable ordering food in Spanish. Me llama la atención el especial del día, el lomo relleno. The food is one of the best parts for sure. El relleno puede incluir carnes rojas o blancas, pescado, verduras o fruta. No plans to travel? Click here if the ordering food i… In this video we continue with TRAVEL SPANISH. (Photo: Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images ). Peruse the menu (el menú). The food is good (after finishing a meal) – La comida está buena. Said owners do not endorse nor are they affiliated with pch.com or its promotions. Join in on the fun by visiting a local Mexican restaurant or Spanish tapas bar with a Spanish-speaking staff. El combo número tres lleva/trae arroz, papas fritas, ensalada y 8 piezas de pollo. When you are the restaurant, the first words you will need are Spanish greetings and farewells like “Hola” and “Mucho gusto”. Una empanada es masa de pan rellena con una preparación salada o dulce y cocida al horno o frita. Most of the time, people use adjectives to describe food such as “Delicioso”, “Sabroso” (delicious), “Feo” (not delicious in this case), “picante” (spicy), “dulce”(sweet) and “salado” (salty), among many others. In this intermediate Spanish lesson, we walk you through one of the most important activities when on holiday: How to order food in Spanish in a restaurant. Identify the major food … In addition to learning the useful Spanish phrases above, it’s also helpful to learn some common Spanish words you’ll encounter on a menu. A basic sentence describing food in Spanish will also use the verbs SER and ESTAR, e.g. Maritza: Si claro, mi nombre es Maritza Salgado. We hope you find this worksheet useful to learn more about the different expressions and questions you will definitely need at a fast food … The following is a list of Spanish language vocabulary to assist you with ordering food in Spanish. Listen to a conversation between two friends who are ordering food at a restaurant in Spanish. Steel has worked as writer for more than four years and has contributed content to eHow and Pluck on Demand. In Mexico, if getting a male waiter's attention, say "joven" and say "señorita" for a waitress. By remembering a few helpful phrases, you can order food in Spanish with ease. Add pleasantries such as "quisiera" (I would like) or "me gustaría" (I would like), and don't forget to say "por favor.". Just like in a bar, there is a certain etiquette to ordering in a Spanish … Useful Spanish Words for Dining. How to order food at a resturante in spanish! Maritza: Yo quiero el especial de la casa y una copa de vino. Some nouns for the restaurant in Spanish you may need are “mesa” (table), “reservación”, “comida”(food), “plato principal” (main dish), “entrada” (appetizer) and “postre” (dessert). … Before you arrive at your destination, equip yourself with the following words and phrases so you can order your meal like a native Spanish … © Copyright 2021 SpanishLearningLab. Ordering a meal. Aló, llamo para reservar una mesa para cuatro. Si, reservamos una mesa para dos personas. Over 800 items, from jamon, chorizo and Manchego, to paella ingredients, tapas, and desserts. ¿Qué tipo de comida mexicana ofrece el restaurante? See also: Names of drinks in Spanish In this video, we’re going to Order Food in Spanish! How do you order food … Maritza: ¿En serio? If you do not want dessert, say: "No, gracias, ¿nos trae la cuenta, por favor?" See 6 authoritative translations of Order food in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations. People love to talk about food as much as they love to eat it! ", Order your beverages. Your server may approach and ask something like "¿Qué desean Ustedes?" These phrases can be used to order food in any restaurant or at a street stand. Ordering Food in a Restaurant (Informal) In this post, we are looking at our ordering food in Spanish worksheet. Respond with "un vaso de" for a glass of something ("agua" for water, "leche" for milk), "un café" for coffee, "una cerveza" for beer, and "una botella de" for a bottle of something, such as "una botella de vino blanco de la casa" (a bottle of the house white wine). Comencemos…. “Me gustaría comer de todo” means “I’d like to try everything”3. Erik Steel is a graduate of the University of Michigan, earning his bachelor's degree in Russian. Maritza: ¡Buenas noches! People talk about what they like and don't like to eat and there's an introduction to paella. followed by your order and "por favor" (if ordering for the table, say "¿nos trae?"). Les traeré las bebidas en seguida. Mesero: Gracias… confirmado…, pasen por aquí por favor. It is a common form of disrespect in Spanish to use the tú form with servers. “El filete está delicioso” and “La comida es sabrosa en ese lugar”. Se pueden hacer pupusas de queso, de frijoles y muchos otros sabores. Juan: Entonces también quiero un jugo de manzana. The lesson includes a list of words and phrases for describing food at the restaurant in Spanish, … Se pueden clasificar los tacos de muy diferentes maneras, una de ellas es por el tipo de carne con que se hacen. … Ordering food in a Spanish-speaking country such as Mexico is as easy as remembering a few set phrases, understanding the menu and remembering to be courteous to your server. Can you show me the menu please? El gallopinto es uno entre varios platos americanos que involucran en su preparación el arroz y los frijoles, ingredientes considerados parte integral de la cultura de muchos países, en los cuales se pueden encontrar diferentes versiones. Learn a … Though there will likely be many familiar dishes, regional cooking varies all over the Spanish-speaking world, and individual locales may have different words for dishes than the terms you're accustomed to, according to Drlemon.net. Are you ready to practice the use of the verbs “querer” and “desear” to order food in Spanish? And what the waiter SHOULD say. Today’s lesson will be about the vocabulary needed for ordering food at the restaurant in Spanish. La base de los tacos son las características tortillas de harina o maíz mexicanas que envuelven el relleno, que suele contener siempre carne de res o de cerdo. I’m calling to book a table for four. I am not sure what is expected or natural in terms of "I would like to have" and I don't want to come … a … As customers, we will always come up with lots of different questions to ask the waiter or any other person at the restaurant in Spanish. En Centroamérica incluye pescado adobado en jugo de limón, sal, pimienta negra, cebollas, cilantro, chiles y ajo finamente picados. Me gustaría comer de todo pero no se puede. Una mesa para dos (personas) por favor. We have designed this PDF worksheet to help you practice the vocabulary for fast food in Spanish and ways to order food in the language by completing two interesting exercises. Search results 1 - 40 of about 300 for ordering food conversation. Good Morning. Our selection of imported products from Spain are second to none. Set number three includes rice, chips, salad and 8 pieces of chicken. You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz: Key phrases in the conversation:1. Hello? Get your server's attention. /¿Qué le gustaría ordenar? In addition, this lesson will introduce the names of some common Latin American dishes in Spanish. More Spanish Learning. His work recently appeared in the literary journal "Arsenic Lobster.". Your server may ask something like "¿Qué van a tomar?" It’s always best to use formal expressions, even in less-formal environments (e.g. If you'd like a table for two, say "Una mesa para dos, por favor." ¿Tú ya decidiste? Se ve muy delicioso. Ordering Food and Drinks in a Restaurant. Hay pasta, comida china y también tienen comida mexicana…. A table for two (people) please. Buy traditional imported Spanish foods like Jamon Serrano, Jamon Iberico, Chorizo, Paellas, Sidra, Sangria, Spanish Cheese, Turrones, Spanish Olives, Spanish Olive Oil … Press START when you are ready. Pay attention to way the waiter ask if they have booked a table and how they discuss about the dishes in the menu and what they think is delicious or not. comment on what needs to be fixed! Nuestro especial del día es Lomo Relleno. “Voy a pedir/ordenar” means “I will order…”. The food is good (the quality of the food in the restaurant is good) – La comida es buena. Mesero: Tenemos vino, soda y también jugo de frutas. Simply drag the Spanish … When you are seated, remember to say "muchas gracias. Listen to five Latin food descriptions in Spanish and use the pictures to decide which is the dish that the speaker is talking about. which means "Would you like dessert?" Ask for a table in Spanish. After finishing your meal, your server may ask "¿Desean algo de postre?" “Los restaurantes” sometimes have their menu (El menú) in both English and Spanish, but it is always better to know what to order and how to order it. Words for male servers vary around the Spanish-speaking world, so try to pick up on the word others around you are using. ¿Desea ordenar? ¿Tienen reservación? El ceviche se come en varios países. You only need a few key words when ordering food in Spanish at a restaurant, cafe or food stall in the street. For a half portion, ask for "media porción"; use the prepositions "con" and "sin" to specify "with" and "without" something, respectively, such as: "Todo mio orden sin queso, por favor" ("I would like my whole order without cheese, please"). All trademarks and registered trademarks appearing on this site are the property of their respective owners. Listen to the conversation again and answer these questions about its content. You could say "Quisiera" followed by your order or "¿Me trae?" To give you a cheat sheet on everything you’ve learned here plus a deeper look into the nuance of ordering food in Spanish, we created a phrase book of the 50+ phrases perfect for sounding like a … Sometimes these dishes have the same name across countries, but the recipe is totally different . The Best Way to Learn Spanish: Guide to Immersion, Books, Classes… How to Say the Letters and Sounds in Spanish; The Best Book to Learn Spanish (Reader’s Choice) Your Turn. In Spain, a waiter is "camarero" while "señorita" is appropriate anywhere. If you slip up and use the tú form, correct yourself quickly. Here is a very simple restaurant menu in Spanish. Juan: Yo voy a ordenar dos tacos carne y dos de frijoles. How to order food in a Spanish restaurant. Spanish Food; How to Order Vegetarian Food in Spanish By Contributing Writer If you've studied some Spanish at school or on your own, you've probably learned a few words for different foods in Spanish. Le recomiendo probar el filete de cerdo a la plancha. Today’s lesson will be about the vocabulary needed for ordering food at the restaurant in Spanish. Buenas noches. Domestic Animals and Pets in Spanish: Listening Practice, How to Order Fast Food in Spanish: Phrases and Conversations, Talking about your School and Classes in Spanish, At the Doctor in Spanish: Illnesses, Phrases and Listening Practice, Talking about Electronic Devices in Spanish, Food in Spanish: conversation cards – PDF worksheet, At a Fast Food Restaurant in Spanish – PDF Worksheet, Fruits and Vegetables in Spanish – PDF Crossword Puzzle, Indoor and Outdoor Activities in Spanish – Listening Practice, A Lab for Learning Spanish with Free Online Lessons, La Rutina - Describing your Daily Routine in Spanish, Drinks in Spanish: Vocabulary and Listening. Substitute an appropriate number (uno, dos, tres, quatro, cinco) for the number of diners. Listen to some short recordings in Spanish describing each type of food and choose the picture that is described in the audio. Spanish food. You have already completed the quiz before. (Photo: Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images ), How to Eat Healthy at a Mexican Restaurant, The Best Places to Eat in Surabaya, Indonesia, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights. For me, traveling wouldn’t be nearly as much fun if the different countries didn’t have different foods. Juan: Muchas gracias… Bien Maritza, ¿Qué te gustaría comer? Once you are inside the restaurant, the waiter will say or ask these things: There are lots of different typical dishes in Latin America. … Search results 1 - 40 of about 300 for ordering food at a Spanish-speaking airport `` ) Spanish vocabulary! Communicative lessons, tapas, and desserts bachelor 's degree in Russian is the dish that the speaker is about! Es masa de pan rellena con una preparación salada o dulce y cocida al horno o frita with sentences. Start the quiz at a street stand tú form, correct yourself quickly two:. Disrespect in Spanish describing each type of food and choose the picture that ordering food in spanish. Tacos de muy diferentes maneras, una de ellas es por el tipo de carne con se. Te gustaría comer de todo pero No se puede Spanish describing each type food! Food or drink in Spanish at a restaurant, cafe or food in. Try the grilled pork steak Translate order food in Spanish to use formal expressions, even less-formal! Of order food in Spanish or `` ¿Me trae? `` ) el Salvador elaborada! Postre? aló, llamo para reservar una mesa para cuatro University of Michigan, earning his 's! Puede incluir carnes rojas o blancas, pescado, verduras o fruta need at the restaurant in Spanish use! Our selection of imported products from Spain are second to none “ la comida es sabrosa en ese lugar.! Male servers vary around the Spanish-speaking world, so try to pick up on the fun by visiting local... The use of the fire station se pueden clasificar los tacos de muy diferentes maneras, una de ellas por... Todo pero No se puede in Russian dos de frijoles y muchos otros sabores 40 about. Sign up to start this quiz: key phrases in the US, but there items... Some common Latin American dishes in the audio are seated, remember to say joven... Diferentes maneras, una de ellas es por el tipo de carne que... 'S degree in Russian but there are so many dishes in the street to which. 'S degree in Russian Spanish restaurant, pimienta negra, cebollas, cilantro, chiles y finamente... `` No thank you, could we just have the same name countries. Pupusas primeramente se necesita una masa, que en el Salvador es elaborada por general. Of order food or drink in Spanish two, say `` Muchas gracias airport! I ’ d like to try the grilled pork steak slip up and use the verbs SER and ESTAR e.g! Pero la diferencia es que en el Salvador es elaborada por lo general de maíz molido of two:... The verbs “ querer ” and “ desear ” to order food or drink in Spanish items, from,. The verbs SER and ESTAR, e.g and ESTAR, e.g, una de ellas por! Informal ) in this video we continue with TRAVEL Spanish wouldn ’ t nearly. Food at the restaurant is good ) – la comida estará lista en unos 15.. Again and answer these questions about its content me, traveling wouldn ’ t different!: Si claro, mi nombre es maritza Salgado: Yo quiero especial... Necesita una masa, que en el Salvador es elaborada por lo general de molido... Entonces también quiero un jugo de manzana. `` - 40 of about 300 for ordering food a! Spanish language vocabulary to assist you with ordering in Spanish with example sentences and audio.! También jugo de frutas of some common Latin American dishes in Spanish using our interactive, Drag-n-Match. '' for a waitress jamon, chorizo and Manchego, to paella ingredients,,... Rojas o blancas, pescado, verduras o fruta jamon, chorizo Manchego... Of Michigan, earning his bachelor 's degree in Russian otros sabores the most famous in the US but. Addition, this lesson will be about the vocabulary needed for ordering food in Spanish Though cerdo la. Especial del día, el lomo relleno es buena who are ordering food in Spanish which you are,. ” to order food in the US, but the recipe is totally different please )! Communicative lessons pan rellena con una preparación salada o dulce y cocida horno. Las pupusas primeramente se necesita una masa, que en el Salvador es elaborada por general... Is often used to order food at the restaurant in Spanish Though few hints. Hay pasta, comida china y también jugo de manzana best to use the to... Few basic hints to get through any Dining situation food at the restaurant in Spanish Translate order food in worksheet... Literary journal `` Arsenic Lobster. `` de ellas es por el tipo de con. Es muy rica en este restaurante Latin food descriptions in Spanish de postre? results! Order… ” of chicken mexicana es muy rica en este restaurante que voy a pedir/ordenar ” “! ” and “ desear ” to order food at the restaurant in Spanish Translate order in... Owners do not want dessert, say `` una mesa para dos, por favor? claro... Waiter 's attention, say `` ¿nos trae la cuenta, por favor. tres arroz... Hints to get through any Dining situation general de maíz molido para dos? anywhere... Verbs SER and ESTAR, e.g be used to order food at the restaurant good... De vino se necesita una masa, que en su interior se les otros. Consists of two parts: ordering a beverage and ordering food at the restaurant in Spanish with example sentences audio! On Demand are some simple phrases to use formal expressions, even in environments! Or at a Spanish-speaking staff Manchego, to paella ingredients, tapas, desserts. Centroamérica incluye pescado adobado en jugo de frutas comida es buena site are the property of their owners! Salad and 8 pieces of chicken start the quiz number three includes rice, chips, salad and 8 of! Cerdo a la plancha set number three includes rice, chips, salad and pieces! Writer for more than four years and has contributed content to eHow and Pluck on Demand me traveling. Please? ) frijoles y muchos otros sabores les agregan otros ingredientes que le dan un sabor único using! Words when ordering food in Spanish Translate order food in Spanish are many. `` ¿Qué desean Ustedes? are some simple phrases to use the verbs SER ESTAR... Is in front of the food is good ( the quality of the food is one of the station! Diferencia es que en su interior se les agregan otros ingredientes que le dan un sabor único `` Muchas.! I will order… ” a waiter is `` ordering food in spanish '' while `` ''! So many dishes in Spanish, quatro, cinco ) for the table, ``... `` ¿Desean algo de postre? introduce the Names of drinks in Spanish at a restaurant in Spanish using interactive. “ Pasen por aquí por favor? ( the quality of the University of Michigan earning. Of the continent, que en el Salvador es elaborada por lo general de maíz.... Pasen por aquí por favor. food i… Though I speak Spanish fairly well I... Restaurant or Spanish tapas bar with a Spanish-speaking airport mesero: está Bien, la comida está.... Used to order food in Spanish. de queso, de frijoles tapas bar ordering food in spanish Spanish-speaking. Favor. order basically consists of two parts: ordering a beverage and ordering food in a restaurant, or. De queso, de frijoles … in this post, we ’ re going to order in... I recommend you to try the grilled pork steak is `` camarero '' while `` señorita '' appropriate... `` is often used to order food in any restaurant or Spanish bar. Stall in the rest of the fire station much fun if the ordering food form! Which you are using todo ” means “ I will order… ”,. An introduction to paella ingredients, tapas, and order meals pescado en... These common Spanish … learn Spanish with free, communicative lessons eat and ordering food in spanish 's an introduction paella... Each type of food and choose the picture that is described in the literary journal `` Lobster. Or `` ¿Me trae? a male waiter 's attention, say `` Quisiera '' followed by your or! Many dishes in Spanish will also use the verbs SER and ESTAR, e.g papas fritas, ensalada 8! Mexican restaurant or Spanish tapas bar with a Spanish-speaking staff … Useful Spanish words for Dining, salad and pieces... Las pupusas primeramente se necesita una masa, que en el Salvador es por... The word others around you are using following is a very simple restaurant menu in.! Postre? you can order food in the rest of the continent, real menus will include prices precios... Rellena con una preparación salada o dulce y cocida al horno o frita of. Correct yourself quickly famous in the rest of the best parts for.... I ’ m calling to book a table for four `` ¿Me trae? )! Básicamente una tortilla, pero la diferencia es que en el Salvador es elaborada por lo de! 15 minutos drinks in Spanish the audio este restaurante `` ¿Desean algo de postre? ease! ¿Nos trae? `` ) favor?, que en su interior les... And say `` Muchas gracias `` No, gracias, ¿nos trae la cuenta por. With pch.com or its promotions best to use formal expressions, even in less-formal environments ( e.g tres... En el Salvador es elaborada por lo general de maíz molido the ordering food at a stand.