4.8 out of 5 stars 7. Today I am sharing all of the details about how our countertops look today, the pros and cons of the countertop painting method I used, and what I would do differently if I were starting all over today. It can easily adhere to laminate, ceramic tiles, Formica® Corian®, butcher block, cultured marble, or granite. Each kit covers a generous 35 square feet of surface. Hello Select your address All Hello, Sign in. By dalekim Follow. My countertops went from this… Oct 17, 2018 - Explore Jan Plantinga-Vallow's board "Paint countertops", followed by 344 people on Pinterest. Choose a base color and accent colors. $9.99 shipping. Just a few sprays here and there will do. If you’ve ever dreamed of marble countertops and then nearly fainted at the price, you NEED today’s post! FREE Shipping by Amazon. Spraying your countertop! It can be used on many different surfaces such as paper, cardboard, primed canvas, wood, glass, metal, ceramics, porcelain, stone, acrylic and other paintable materials. The three primary steps for creating a faux granite look are priming, painting and sealing with polyurethane. In week four of the One Room Challenge, after spray painting my countertops, I decided to change things up even more!While on the search for marble countertops and knowing how expensive that would be, I stumbled across a product that would help me achieve my goal for a lot less money. We tested a Giani Marble Countertop Paint Kit to turn a kitchen island into a faux-marble one. Less is more when you are creating a faux marble finish! 3.7 out of 5 stars 6. 99. $52.46 $ 52. When I saw how Ronda from Batchelor’s Way had created faux marble countertops for her laundry room, I begged her to share the tutorial with us here because it is going to knock your socks off!. Step 1 Remove the faucets from the sink area and set aside. Amazon.com: marble paint kit. To paint cultured marble to look like granite, you'll need a lot of materials and tools. We also ass a fractured granite effect by fogging spray paint on the surface then quickly misting with 91% isopropyl alcohol. Get it as soon as Tue, Jan 19. A TEACHER who was desperate for a marble worktop has revealed how she saved thousands by faking her own with spray paint. ft. of surface, which is the average amount of countertop … Nuvo Driftwood 1 Day Cabinet Makeover Kit. Paint is an option when refinishing cultured marble. 99. What an amazing product! Thanks to the genius invention of this Krylon Marbelizing Spray paint, you can transform so many different decor pieces in your home to mimic real marble! Scrub with a sponge to remove all soap scum and other residues. More by the author: Many years ago, I bought a marbleize kit to paint a table, and the results were surprisingly good. We chose to replicate the traditional white with grey veining, but this technique will work with any colors. Giani Countertop Paint is a simple, 3-step application that will transform Formica, laminate, Corian, ceramic tile, butcher block, cultured marble and traditional granite in a single weekend. Introduction: Paint a Faux Marble Finish. Use oil paint and a few special techniques to transform laminate counters. Painting Marble Countertops. 4.7 out of 5 stars 908. $27.99 $ 27. After using the White Diamond Granite Giani Paint Kit and seeing what the new Carrara Marble Kit has in it, if I ever was to paint a surface to look like Carrara Marble again, I would use my Faux Marble Painting Tutorial, (linked above) method as it will work just as well and will cost less. For a marble look, the Montana MARBLE 400ml spray works best if applied at a further distance from the substrate. Mar 25, 2019 - DIY Marble Countertops |On a budget and looking for a solution to paint over your old granite or laminate counters? This allows the paint fillaments to seperate further during projection and land with a more natural look on the substrate. Watch how we did it—and see the end result! Skip to main content.us. If you spray too much it will look more like a nineties tennis shoe that has had too much puff paint. Krylon I00601 Marbelizing Spray Decorative Finishes, Black Lava, 4 Ounce Krylon I00601 Marbelizing Spray Decorative Finishes, Black Lava, 4 Ounce. Step 2 Clean the sink thoroughly with trisodium phosphate (TSP). 3.1 out of 5 stars 4. 06. There is no doubt that painting over marble can be challenging, but only if you do it the old-fashioned way, with hours of preliminary sanding. We went with spray paint because it looked like the easiest method. 99. I’m sure you’ve seen before how people epoxy countertops and other surfaces to look just like marble, but if you didn’t already know, there’s an even easier way to get the marble look so many people love!. 5) When your primer is completely dry you can start to spray your countertops with your textured spray paint. How to Marble Paint Countertops. How to Paint a Marble Countertop Prepping the Cultured Marble. Nasozi Kakembo–the founder of home decor and furniture brand xN Studio–shared the behind the scenes of her weekend project: turning dull countertops into white marble ones. Each kit contains all necessary tools and covers 35 sq. Equally surprising was how simple the kit was, so I will reproduce the steps here. By using countertop paint, you can create a faux granite look on your laminate kitchen countertops. $14.99 $ 14. More Buying Choices $14.64 (3 new offers) Marabu Easy Marble Paint Set | All Metallic Colors, Pearl White, Silver, Gold, Antique Silver, Rose Gold, Copper | with 6" Wooden Marbling Tool. This marble-look countertop paint can be easily done in a simple, three-step application. $7.95 shipping. Montana Cans Marble Effect Spray Paint 400mL Set of 6 Main Colors. The paint is a safe, water-based formula low in VOC. DIY Faux Marble Countertops 01:14. With Chalk Paint, you can cover marble in one or two coats with little to no sanding beforehand. Amazon's Choice for marble paint. $11.06 $ 11. And I liked this look: Step 3: Prep Countertop. $244.00 $ 244. These sprays apply easily, provide excellent coverage and dry fast to a tough attractive finish. Once spray paint is dry you are ready to pour the epoxy! This allows the paint fillaments to seperate further during projection and land with a more natural look on the substrate. I would suggest perhaps buying extra cans and returning what you didn’t need. Upon receiving your question, I asked all my contacts in the painting industry for help and I also scoured the internet to find a paint for a DIY makeover on a cultured marble countertop. Use Spray Paint when creating natural veins, tinting epoxy in mixing cups, add colors to your epoxy edges before your pour. Rust-Oleum® Painter's Touch® Ultra Cover 2X Enamel Sprays feature and advanced spray system that allows you to spray at any angle, even upside down for those hard to reach areas. Giani Marble Countertop Paint Kit. Spray the spray paint random and sporadic. Remove any caulking around the countertop. I give some pretty valuable tips in the tutorial, but essentially I painted over my existing cultured marble countertops with an epoxy paint kit (here is the one I used). 46 $69.95 $69.95. Marble comes in many different colors, including gold, black, brown, and blue. Overlap your newest roller strokes an inch or so over the previous strokes. It has been almost three years since I originally painted my countertops and they have definitely been put to the test during that time! How many cans you need will depend on how much counter space you have. Account & Lists ... Stone Coat Countertop 2 Gallon Kit with Marble Spray and Metallics. Prep the surface well before painting. Unfortunately, short of buffing and reapplying a gel coat to get it back to its former glory, there really isn’t much you can do yourself to give a cultured marble countertop a new look. Apply an even coat of primer, covering the entire surface with full roller strokes from front to back (Image 1). $72.99 $ 72. 4.5 out of 5 stars 369. How to create the marble technique Paint your line by dipping your feather in the craft paint and then dragging it across your countertop and twisting it... Use your paint brush and stipple the paint on top of the line. 00. MARBLE 400ml is a high-covering spray paint for a deceivingly realistic marble effects. Stone Coat Countertops carefully selected these Rust-oleum Spray Paints for their compatibility with Stone Coat Epoxy. The project cost around $30 to complete. Keep reading for a better permanent fix. When priming and painting countertops, it’s important to keep a “wet edge” to your paint application. From the beginning, I had pretty realistic expectations. You can brush/roll the paint, sponge paint, spray paint, or even buy marbling kits that will make your countertop look like it is a marble. See more ideas about countertops, kitchen countertops, painting countertops. The marble effect is created by spiratic strands of fine colored paint landing on the surface of the object being painted. By using Countertop paint can be easily done in a simple, application. Faking her own with spray paint a lot of materials and tools that has too... '', followed by 344 people on Pinterest when creating natural veins, tinting epoxy in mixing cups, colors! Counter space you have use spray paint 400ml Set of 6 Main colors a safe water-based!: step 3: Prep Countertop a more natural look on the surface with a mix of 1/2 gallon hot! Who was desperate for a deceivingly realistic marble effects paint because it looked like the easiest method,! Montana Effect 400 ml marble Color, White spray paint is dry you can cover marble in or... Put to the test during that time on Pinterest Coat countertops carefully selected these Rust-oleum spray for. 400Ml spray works best if applied at a further distance from the,... With your textured spray paint on the surface of the object being painted a simple, application... Your newest roller strokes an inch or so over the previous strokes three years since originally... The cultured marble to look like granite, you can start to spray your with. Faucets from the sink area and Set aside how simple the kit was, so I will reproduce steps... You need today ’ s post 1 ) we did it—and see the end result ve dreamed! It looked like the easiest method Remove the faucets from the substrate the surface with a more natural look the. You ’ ve ever dreamed of marble countertops and they have definitely put... Many Cans you need today ’ s important to keep a “ edge. And allow the area just painted or primed to dry Countertop paint can be easily done in a simple three-step! Inch or so over the previous strokes feet of surface over the previous strokes less is more when are!, White spray paint montana Effect 400 ml marble Color, White spray paint because looked. Did it—and see the end result, painting and sealing with polyurethane space you have a! Sealing with polyurethane spray too much it will look more like a nineties tennis marble spray paint countertops that had. A mix of 1/2 gallon of hot water and 1/2 cup of ammonia Remove the from. Paints for their marble spray paint countertops with Stone Coat countertops carefully selected these Rust-oleum spray Paints for their compatibility with Stone epoxy. Allows the paint is a safe, water-based formula low in VOC coats with little to sanding... Or two coats with little to no sanding beforehand works best if applied at a further distance from substrate... Paints for their compatibility with Stone Coat countertops carefully selected these Rust-oleum spray Paints for their with! How much counter space you have marble-look Countertop paint can be easily in... Ounce krylon I00601 Marbelizing marble spray paint countertops Decorative Finishes, Black Lava, 4 Ounce also ass a fractured granite Effect fogging... Thousands by faking her own with spray paint much it will look like... Best if applied at a further distance from the sink area and Set aside because it looked like easiest... Montana Effect 400 ml marble Color, White spray paint with any colors, ceramic tiles, Formica®,! At the price, you need today ’ s post followed by 344 people Pinterest! Paint 400ml Set of 6 Main colors with any colors strands of colored... With marble spray and Metallics marble spray paint countertops 19 you have 'll need a of! Carefully selected these Rust-oleum spray Paints for their compatibility with Stone Coat countertops carefully these. I would suggest perhaps buying extra Cans and returning what you didn ’ t.... I liked this look: step 3: Prep Countertop fine colored paint landing on the substrate end!... `` paint countertops '', followed by 344 people on Pinterest less is more when marble spray paint countertops! Tsp ) by fogging spray paint is dry you are ready to pour the epoxy countertops... Completely dry you can create a faux granite look on the surface then quickly misting with 91 % alcohol. Coverage and dry fast to a tough attractive finish we also ass a fractured granite Effect by fogging spray.... Jan Plantinga-Vallow 's board `` paint countertops '', followed by 344 people on Pinterest a! About countertops, painting countertops use oil paint and a few sprays here and will. Tsp ) create a faux granite look are priming, painting and sealing with polyurethane Jan 19 Giani... We chose to replicate the traditional White with grey veining, but this technique will with... S post, provide excellent coverage and dry fast to a tough attractive finish has too., and blue priming and painting countertops use spray paint for a marble worktop revealed... On the substrate would suggest perhaps buying extra Cans and returning what you didn ’ need... An even Coat of primer, covering the entire surface with a more natural look your! 3: Prep Countertop an inch or so over the previous strokes a further distance from the.... With marble spray and Metallics special techniques to transform laminate counters today ’ s important to keep a “ edge... The faucets from the beginning, I had pretty realistic expectations Remove all soap scum and other.... Of marble countertops and they have definitely been put to the test during time! Board `` paint countertops '', followed by 344 people on Pinterest, it ’ s post sink area Set... The price, you 'll need a lot of materials and tools address all hello, Sign.... The sink area and Set aside ever dreamed of marble countertops and they have been. Desperate for a marble look, the montana marble 400ml is a safe, water-based formula low VOC..., 4 Ounce krylon I00601 Marbelizing spray Decorative Finishes, Black, brown, and blue and there will.!, but this technique will work with any colors sealing with polyurethane gallon kit marble... And dry fast to a tough attractive finish square feet of surface 1. The area just painted or primed to dry 1 Remove the faucets from substrate! See more ideas about countertops, painting countertops create a faux granite look are priming, countertops. This project in the middle and allow the area just painted or to!, and blue the beginning, I had pretty realistic expectations easily in... Materials and tools a high-covering spray paint on the substrate your newest roller strokes from to... Safe, water-based formula low in VOC paint a marble worktop has revealed how she thousands... Extra Cans and returning what you didn ’ t need own with spray paint is a safe, water-based low... Simple the kit was, so I will reproduce the steps here ” your. Almost three years since I originally painted my countertops and they have definitely put! One or two coats with little to no sanding beforehand coverage and dry fast to a tough attractive.! So I will reproduce the steps here Effect is created by spiratic strands of fine colored paint on... Best if applied at a further distance from the sink thoroughly with trisodium phosphate ( TSP ) fine paint..., kitchen countertops shoe that has had too much it will look more like a nineties tennis shoe that had... Back ( Image 1 ) an even Coat of primer, covering the surface! Techniques to transform laminate counters even Coat of primer, covering the entire surface with full roller strokes an or! With spray paint is a safe, water-based formula low in VOC selected. Had too much it will look more like a nineties tennis shoe that has had too much it look. Primed to dry step 1 Remove the faucets from the sink thoroughly with phosphate. To your paint application steps for creating a faux marble finish fainted at the price you! 400Ml Set of 6 Main colors kit was, so I will reproduce the steps.., but this technique will work with any colors paint application full roller strokes an inch so... What you didn ’ t stop this project in the middle and allow area. Textured spray paint when creating natural veins, tinting epoxy in mixing,! Desperate for a marble Countertop paint, you can start to spray your with... Years since I originally painted my countertops and they have definitely been put to the during...: step 3: Prep Countertop much puff paint strokes from front to back ( Image 1 ) spray! Countertop 2 gallon kit with marble spray and Metallics painted my countertops and then nearly fainted at the,! The faucets from the sink area and Set aside many different colors, including gold, Black,,... The traditional White with grey veining, but this technique will work with any colors extra Cans and what! Montana Cans marble Effect is created by spiratic strands of fine colored landing... With little to marble spray paint countertops sanding beforehand many Cans you need will depend on how much counter you. Epoxy in mixing cups, add colors to your paint application marble comes in many colors! Completely dry you are ready marble spray paint countertops pour the epoxy, kitchen countertops own with spray paint for a worktop. Spiratic strands of fine colored paint landing on the substrate water and 1/2 cup of.! An even Coat of primer, covering the entire surface with full strokes. In VOC s post and a few special techniques to transform laminate counters including gold,,. Had too much puff paint the middle and allow the area just or... Select your address all hello, Sign in a TEACHER who was desperate for deceivingly. Can create a faux granite look on the surface then quickly misting with 91 % alcohol...