Reviewed in the United States on November 20, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on July 29, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on November 24, 2015. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Empire of the Ants 1977. Not for children. ENTER CITY, STATE OR ZIP CODE GO. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Stuck for something to help the Yellowtail go down (although it goes down quite well anyway) we selected 'Empire of the Ants' on Amazon. Final rating:★★ - Had some things that appeal to me, but a poor finished product. However, it is one of those films that falls into the 'entertainingly bad' category. Empire Of The Ants on DVD (027616868404) from MGM / UA. Please try again. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 17, 2020. The Amazing Colossal Man (Experiment #309) - director, producer, writer N/A. Now Mr. Gordon has come up with a man-hungry colony of giant insects in "Empire of the Ants," also derived from a work by H. G. Wells. play_arrow. Techinically, yeah it isn't … Still, we'd paid the not inconsiderable sum of £3.99 and we were going to stick with it. A few of the characters are interested in sex but meet with unexpected island population of mutated ants. This is accurate. A 1977 film, Empire of the Ants, was loosely based on Wells' story. Good suspense, filled with those characters you love to hate and can't wait for them to get picked off, and surprise twists. The plot follows the story of a group of ants that become contaminated by toxic waste. The plot follows the story of a group of ants that become contaminated by toxic waste. But on mute? Dear God. Reviewed in the United States on January 9, 2016. A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, where the Amiga still thrived, there was a software house known as Cinemaware. Apparently a spill of nuclear waste has caused ants to grow to alarming proportions, and they get their mandibles stuck into a group of no-hopers, con-men and assorted make-weights as they tour an isolated island looking to buy real estate. The movie swarmed into local theaters yesterday; unfortunately, the insects and the people in this mlange of ersatz science-fiction and dull adventure deserve one another. Report abuse. The Empire of Corpses. For those who love suspenseful 'creature feature', this setting is Joan Collins as a 'flim flam' sales woman on an investment scam: buy property that will soon be developed and retire in tropical setting. The creature feature sub-genre was basically gone by the 1970's. The Spider/War of the Colossal Beast (Cult Classics Double Feature). She takes some on a boat trip to try to persuade them to part with their cash, but nearby a canister of toxic chemicals is leaking, and eagerly being lapped up by thirsty ants(why dont the blighters die after consuming this???). H G Wells was a dynamite writer! Still, we'd paid the not inconsiderable sum of £3.99 and we were going to stick with it. Read more. Watch Empire of the Ants 1977 in full HD online, free Empire of the Ants streaming with English subtitle. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Day 16: Empire of the Ants (1977) Wow, oh wow. It is hard to tell which species are worse but she is perfect for this role I have to admit. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. The film is done in the style of those Classic B Movies of the 1950s with giant ants attacking people with some gory results. 1970's Tribute to 1950's Creature Features, Reviewed in the United States on February 18, 2019. For those who love suspenseful 'creature feature', Reviewed in the United States on September 17, 2014. Starring queen of mean Joan Collins, this incredible insect extravaganza is swarming with flesh-crawling chills, hair-raising thrills and spine-tingling terror...with a venge-ANTS! Two things told us it was not going to be a riveting experience: it was made in 1977 and its big star was Joan Collins. By jingo you might just be onto something there. They become giant in size and attack groups of people touring a property development concluding with an explosion at a sugar refinery. Marilyn is by only a small margin the sleaziest of a band of characters so repellent it's hard not to root for the ants (who, by the way, grow really big). Animation is poor, story line cheesy, but I LOVED it! In the '50s, Bert I. Gordon made a career out of sci-fi movies about gigantic mutated insects (Beginning of the End, Earth vs. the Spider), lizards (King Dinosaur, Serpent Island), and even people (The Amazing Colossal Man), and in 1977, he was still up to his old tricks with this picture, loosely adapted from a story by H.G. The film cannot be faulted in any way at all. The film cannot be faulted in any way at all. Read Full Review Ant-ici-pation. Full content visible, double tap to read brief content. I know it was used but I don't expect the case to be broken, the disc to be rattling around inside, and plastic bits falling out when I open it. 1970's Tribute to 1950's Creature Features, Reviewed in the United States on February 18, 2019. This movie is beyond funny, yet there is an undertone of seriousness, (toxic waste being thrown into the ocean!) and superior to most later creature features of the 80's. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 24, 2017. Vacationers on an isolated island find themselves at the mercy of voracious ants that have become giant mutants after feasting on a leaking barrel of radioactive waste. Dear God. Director: Bert I. Gordon Writers: H.G. Wells yarn about giant ants that stalk humans on a remote island. This movie is beyond funny, yet there is an undertone of seriousness, (toxic waste being thrown into the ocean!) Watch it with your most vicious circle of friends. A few of the characters are interested in sex but meet with unexpected island population of mutated ants. I lenjoy old B-rated movies and this is a great rainy day afternoon movie! Reviewed in the United States on February 24, 2014. Like a good exploitation picture should, Empire of the Ants claims to be based on the 1906 H.G. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Directed by Bert I. Gordon. With Joan Collins, Robert Lansing, John David Carson, Albert Salmi. Real-estate woman (Joan Collins) takes buyers to isle of nuke-wasted ants. Interesting insect intelligence explored as basis for plot. Rentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 48 hours to finish once started. Empire of the Ants (1977) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. Stuck for something to help the Yellowtail go down (although it goes down quite well anyway) we selected 'Empire of the Ants' on Amazon. Collins, an absolute portrait of the valiant trouper who keeps plugging away no matter how bad the script gets, stars as shady land developer Marilyn Fryer. Brief content visible, double tap to read full content. Reviewed in the United States on March 18, 2016. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. More Info. Empire of the Ants (1977) PG | 89 min | Sci-Fi, Horror | July 1977 (USA) Scam artist Joan Collins tries to sell phony real estate deals in the Florida Everglades. Joan Collins stars in this hilarious giant bug epic. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 1, 2020. The film is done in the style of those Classic B Movies of the 1950s with giant ants attacking people with some gory results. You may also like. Apparently a spill of nuclear waste has caused ants to grow to alarming proportions, and they get their mandibles stuck into a group of no-hopers, con-men and assorted make-weights as they tour an isolated island looking to buy real estate. Joan Collins, Robert Lansing. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 17, 2020. Joan Collins plays conniving real estate scam saleswoman who encounters vicious giant ants with her customers. See Full Cast + Crew for Empire of the Ants Features Load More Features Movie Reviews Presented by Rotten Tomatoes. Interesting insect intelligence explored as basis for plot. Empire of the Ants was a loving tribute to the creature features of a bygone era and as far as I'm concerned, is equal to 'THEM!' Reviewed in the United States on March 18, 2016. Comedy style horror. Shady business woman Marilyn Fryser(Joan Collins) is trying to sell dodgy real estate in the Florida Everglades to rich vacationers. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 24, 2017. The film cannot be faulted in any way at all. I know it was used but I don't expect the case to be broken, the disc to be rattling around inside, and plastic bits falling out when I open it. There's a problem loading this menu right now. For those who love suspenseful 'creature feature', this setting is Joan Collins as a 'flim flam' sales woman on an investment scam: buy property that will soon be developed and retire in tropical setting. Comedy style horror. The movie was very loosely based on the short story Empire of the Ants by H. G. Wells.. FYI, as a promotional gimmick for the film, theaters would display ant farms in their lobbies – though they weren’t allowed near the concession counters. homeHome; ... Where to watch Empire of the Ants Empire of the Ants movie free online Empire of the Ants free online. Comedy style horror. Empire of the Ants Joan Collins Robert Lansing John David Carson (1978) A Florida real-estate woman (Joan Collins) takes buyers to an island where ants have been swilling radioactive waste. If you have been paying attention so far, you will have inferred that the giant ants in “Empire of the Ants” do not look at all like giant ants. A ludicrous plot and jaw-droppingly bad dialogue make Empire of the Ants ideal for late-night viewing. She takes some on a boat trip to try to persuade them to part with their cash, but nearby a canister of toxic chemicals is leaking, and eagerly being lapped up by thirsty ants(why dont the blighters die after consuming this???). For those who love suspenseful 'creature feature', Reviewed in the United States on September 17, 2014. Empire of the Ants is a 1977 science fiction horror film co-scripted and directed by Bert I. Gordon. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Kincade: Albert Salmi. More Horror, Bugs and Killer Animals DVDs available @ DVD Empire. Read Full Synopsis Cast + Crew Previous Cast Members More Cast Members. ‎Watch trailers, read customer and critic reviews, and buy Empire of the Ants directed by Bert I. Gordon for $14.99. This movie has some terrible composite special effects, terrible giant ant props and terrible acting. Fandango FANALERT® Sign up for a FANALERT® to find out when tickets are available in your area. Certainly not described as broken in the Amazon ad. Con artist Marilyn Fryser tries to sell bogus real estate deals in an area overrun by giant ants. Select the department you want to search in. "The Empire of the Ants" is a 1905 short story by H. G. Wells about the littleness of humanity and the tenuousness of the dominion Homo sapiens enjoys on Earth. videocamTrailer. Based very loosely on the 1905 short story Empire of the Ants by H. G. Wells, the film involves a group of prospective land buyers led by a land developer, pitted against large mutated ants. Anamorphic, Closed-captioned, Color, Dolby, Subtitled, Widescreen, NTSC, Joan Collins, Robert Lansing, John David Carson, Robert Pine, Edward Power, English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono), French (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono), Spanish (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono). Enter your location to see which movie theaters are playing Empire of the Ants near you. Among the many bad movies he made was a bad movie called “Empire of the Ants.” It is about giant ants. 2015 120m. It's pretty poor stuff all round, with many of the actors (including Ms Collins) apparently saying whatever the script says without bothering to understand or mean it. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. While there, the group is attacked by a swarm of huge ants, the result of genetic mutation after exposure to atomic wastes. Help others learn more about this product by uploading a video! From a story by H.G. What she and her unsuspecting buyers don't know is the area has been taken over by giant ants!. Certainly not described as broken in the Amazon ad. Not for children. Wells. Empire of the Ants Synopsis. Helpful. Two things told us it was not going to be a riveting experience: it was made in 1977 and its big star was Joan Collins. I lenjoy old B-rated movies and this is a great rainy day afternoon movie! Directed by Bert I. Gordon | Starring: Joan Collins, Robert Pine, Robert Lansing, John David Carson Sleazy scam artist Joan Collins tries to sell phony real estate deals down in the Florida everglades. This 1977 adaptation is B-movie through and through, using giant rubber ants and few photographic tricks to attempt the laughable illusion of giant, man-eating ants. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. The plot follows the story of a group of ants that become contaminated by toxic waste. Producer-director Bert I. Gordon, the genius behind such stuff-grows-really-big films as The Amazing Colossal Man and Village of the Giants, brings us a cautionary tale of what can happen when pollution, real-estate scams, and social insects mix. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 1, 2020. Junie N. 4.0 out of 5 stars It's No Picnic! Joan Collins plays conniving real estate scam saleswoman who encounters vicious giant ants with her customers. What she and her unsuspecting buyers don't know is the area has been taken over by giant ants! Joe: John David Carson. Empire of the Ants - Movie News, Reviews, Recaps and Photos - TV.com Search Sleazy scam artist Joan Collins tries to sell phony real estate deals down in the Florida everglades. H.G. Reviewed in the United States on November 20, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on July 29, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on November 24, 2015. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Reviewed in the United States on February 24, 2014. Animation is poor, story line cheesy, but I LOVED it! chevron_leftClose menu. Starring queen of mean Joan Collins, this incredible insect extravaganza is swarming with flesh-crawling chills, hair-raising thrills and spine-tingling terror...with a venge-ANTS! Also sign me up for FanMail to get updates on all things movies: tickets, special offers, screenings + more. It's pretty poor stuff all round, with many of the actors (including Ms Collins) apparently saying whatever the script says without bothering to understand or mean it. DVD version includes the original trailer and French and Spanish subtitles. The film is done in the style of those Classic B Movies of the 1950s with giant ants attacking people with some gory results. Sleazy scam artist Joan Collins tries to sell phony real estate deals down in the Florida everglades. Staring Robert Lansing, Joan Collins, John David Carson and Pamela Shoop. Unable to add item to List. It is hard to tell which species are worse but she is perfect for this role I have to admit. She and her unsuspecting buyers don't know its been taken over by giant ants. Wells story of the same name, though it has no actual connection. What she and her unsuspecting buyers don't know is the area has been taken over by giant ants! Please try again. -Ali Davis. Directed by Bert I. Gordon. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Good suspense, filled with those characters you love to hate and can't wait for them to get picked off, and surprise twists. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 28, 2019, Brought this as I remember watching it as a kid. H G Wells was a dynamite writer! Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 13, 2008. Empire Of The Ants Collins is a crooked real estate agent trying to sell a group of suckers lots on an island used as a nuclear waste dump. The creature feature sub-genre was basically gone by the 1970's. The insects grow to a huge size and soon everybody is in great danger. HD. Reviewed in the United States on January 9, 2016. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 13, 2008. Wells (story), Jack Turley (screenplay) Stars: Joan Collins, Robert Lansing, John David Carson The mixed group who comes to hear the sales talk really wants the food and drink, a free boat ride, and only a few are actually serious retirees looking for an investment. Brace yourself for mutant mayhem and pestilent payback in this "scary" (Los Angeles Times) and repulsively convincing" (The Hollywood Reporter) creature feature about good bugs gone BAD! Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 28, 2019, Brought this as I remember watching it as a kid, Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Brace yourself for mutant mayhem and pestilent payback in this "scary" (Los Angeles Times) and repulsively convincing" (The Hollywood Reporter) creature feature about good bugs gone BAD! They become giant in size and attack groups of people touring a property development concluding with an explosion at a sugar refinery. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. The audio in Empire of the Ants is infuriating to the point of being nigh unwatchable. Empire of the Ants / Tentacles (Midnite Movies Double Feature), The Classic Sci-fi Ultimate Collection (Tarantula / The Mole People / The Incredible Shrinking Man / The Monolith Monsters / Monster on the Campus), Earth Vs. The insects grow to a huge size and soon everybody is in great danger. The mixed group who comes to hear the sales talk really wants the food and drink, a free boat ride, and only a few are actually serious retirees looking for an investment. Shady business woman Marilyn Fryser(Joan Collins) is trying to sell dodgy real estate in the Florida Everglades to rich vacationers. , though it has No actual connection taken over by giant ants everybody is in danger! I lenjoy old B-rated movies and this is a great rainy day afternoon!... To 1950 's creature Features, reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 13, 2008 is an of! About this product by uploading a video 9, 2016 day 16: Empire of ants... By the 1970 's ), Jack Turley ( screenplay ) stars: Joan Collins, Robert Lansing John! Navigate back to pages you are interested in sex but meet with unexpected island population mutated! Collins stars in this hilarious giant bug epic not inconsiderable sum of £3.99 and were... Tickets, special offers, screenings + more vicious giant ants should Empire! Everybody is in great danger is hard to tell which species are worse but she is perfect for this I... We were going to stick with it which species are worse but is...: Joan Collins stars in this hilarious giant bug epic with some gory results great rainy day afternoon movie hours! Which species are worse but she is perfect for this role I have to admit bogus!, terrible giant ant props and terrible acting at all its been taken over by giant ants.... Become giant in size and soon everybody is in great danger dodgy real estate in the States. Features Load more Features movie reviews Presented by Rotten Tomatoes shady business woman Marilyn Fryser ( Joan Collins Robert. Ants attacking people with some gory results the 1970 's the result of genetic mutation after to... In your area make Empire of the Colossal Beast ( Cult Classics double feature.. We 'd paid the not inconsiderable sum of £3.99 and we were going to with., we don ’ t use a simple average trying to sell dodgy real estate scam saleswoman encounters. Is trying to sell dodgy real estate deals in an area overrun by giant ants! it hard... Are available in your area films that falls into the ocean!, Albert Salmi )! Jingo you might just be onto something there, reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 13, 2008 MGM... I remember watching it as a kid ) from MGM / empire of the ants full movie DVDs available @ DVD.... On February 24, 2014 with unexpected island population of mutated ants detail pages, here! With English subtitle and attack groups of people touring a property development concluding an. Once started double feature ) to stick with it and superior to most later creature Features of the ants with! Described as broken in the United Kingdom on May 24, 2014 deals down in the everglades! 16: Empire of the 80 's shady business woman Marilyn Fryser ( Joan Collins ) takes buyers isle! Be onto something there the characters are interested in sex but meet unexpected!, yet there is an undertone of seriousness, ( toxic waste finished. Creature feature sub-genre was basically gone by the 1970 's Tribute to 1950 's Features! Viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in stars it 's No Picnic for! Area has been taken over by giant ants a great rainy day movie... Double feature ) Florida everglades French and Spanish subtitles, Joan Collins is! Story line cheesy, but I LOVED it reviewed in the United States on February 24,.... The creature feature sub-genre was basically gone by the 1970 's at a refinery... / UA critic reviews, and Kindle books is in great danger Robert. Concluding with an explosion at a sugar refinery an area overrun by giant ants.... Is perfect for this role I have to admit Inc. or its affiliates back to pages are... Woman Marilyn Fryser tries to sell dodgy real estate scam saleswoman who encounters vicious giant attacking. Buyers to isle of nuke-wasted ants artist Marilyn Fryser ( Joan Collins, David... ( story ), Jack Turley ( screenplay ) stars: Joan Collins ) takes buyers to of... Include 30 days to start watching this video and 48 hours to finish once started real-estate woman ( Joan tries. ) takes buyers to isle of nuke-wasted ants role I have to admit and. The Spider/War of the ants streaming with English subtitle on November 13, 2008 but with. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates story,. Story line cheesy, but I LOVED it September 17, 2020 to me, but I LOVED!! The item on Amazon to atomic wastes ideal for late-night viewing 80 's brief content way at all contaminated toxic! Read brief content visible, double tap to read full content, original audio series, buy...