On to the food. 2,978 reviews #12 of 1,139 Restaurants in Oklahoma City ££ - £££ American Steakhouse Gluten Free Options 1309 S Agnew Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73108-2427 +1 405-236-0416 Website Menu Open now : 06:00 AM - 11:00 PM The steakhouse dining room came later as Cattlemen’s expanded in the ‘50s, but the spirit of the restaurant remained no matter where you were standing in the building. New York writer has shocking experience at Cattlemen's Steakhouse in OKC ... That may be true, but I swear, lamb fries are yummy! Once they’ve finished cooking, Williams puts them on a plate with a small bowl of cocktail sauce. Banquet facilities available for … Fried Catfish. Esteve aqui mais de 5 vezes! For many years a cattlemen's specialty, served with baked potato. EVER. The completed dish is then taken out to a waiting customer. Cattlemen's Steakhouse is located in the Oklahoma Stockyards neighborhood in Oklahoma City. So good, not too salty or heavy. Strawberry Shortcake. The family loved the lamb fries and potatoe skins For many years a cattlemen's specialty, served with baked potato. First, Williams takes a colander and scoops some thawed lamb fries from a container on the prep table. Steak was a little undercooked, so the waiter happily brought it back to cook it a little longer. Fried Catfish. ... cattlemen's steakhouse oklahoma city • ... cattlemens steakhouse oklahoma city • cattlemen's steakhouse stockyards city main street oklahoma city; Schon mehr als 5 Mal hier gewesen. Dinner Steak. Service is always good. ... cattlemen's steakhouse kota oklahoma location • cattlemen's steakhouse kota oklahoma address • First thing offered for an appetizer was Lamb Fries. Cattlemens Steakhouse. If you only visit it once, order the lamb fries, read the menu, and ask about it's history. Cattlemens Steakhouse 1309 S Agnew Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73108 Hours of Service: Monday: 11:00am - 9:00pm. Great pitstop on I-40 highway. It was a lovely evening and it was a great choice for an evening with friends. The salad was plain with Cattlemen's house dressing, which reminded me of a flavorless Ranch dressing. We were then led to the back of the restaurant, through the kitchen to the office. Here, we ordered 2 awesome steaks + an app + 2 beverages for under $100!What we got:Lamb Fries (AKA breaded and fried calf balls): Not funky at all. Had some friends from California visiting and they wanted to try a steak from the Midwest. A visité ce lieu plus de 5 fois. Hand breaded with light corn meal, served with our own homemade tartar sauce and baked potato. The menu is known for its steaks, lamb fries, homemade desserts, dinner rolls and the Cattlemen's House Salad Dressing. Funny thing to love I suppose, but I could eat an entire basket! Miller Lite . Sonoma Cutrer Rose of Pinot Noir, Russian River Valley 9.50 gl. I felt like I was eating fried breading with cocktail sauce. Taking the knife once again, Egan began chopping the testicle into ten thin slices. Find a LongHorn Steakhouse restaurant location in your area and join us for lunch or dinner today! Budweiser . Shrimp Cocktail. Want to chime in. The steaks are to die for and so are the lamb fries (my 94 yr. old Grandma's favorite). Dinner Steak. New York writer has shocking experience at Cattlemen's Steakhouse in OKC ... That may be true, but I swear, lamb fries are yummy! Sara Jacoby Setembro 16, 2014. Man o man, what a great surprise. Heineken . The lamb fries are tender incredibly tasty. Our waiter was large, loud and good. They also include a salad and big yeasty rolls + GOBS of soft whipped butter. Located in the heart of the historic Stockyards City, this world-famous restaurant was won in a craps game in 1945. The menu is the same on both sides of the restaurant, despite the juxtaposing looks, and … Try the lamb fries and the mac and cheese for an appetizer! As an out-of-towner, I felt right at home. We were seated & our waitress spoke to us within a few minutes. ... cattlemen's steakhouse oklahoma city • cattlemens oklahoma city • cattlemens steak house … But without the salt my steak had zero flavor. Egan is the director of operations at Cattlemen’s Steakhouse and Woods is the self-proclaimed executive kitchen manager. Lamb fries (fried lamb testicles) better with lemon than the cocktail sauce, but I probably wouldn't order them again. Lamb fries are gonads, a highly-regarded delicacy in much of the West. Established in 1910, this is one of Oklahoma's oldest restaurants. Lamb Fries. You won't be disappointed. If you ask students at Oklahoma State University what calf fries are, many will automatically think of Tumbleweed Dancehall’s Annual Calf Fry Festival. And the steaks were excellent, cooked perfectly, flavorful and tender, seasoned just right. $ 10.50. He then puts them in the deep fryer for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the lamb fries are golden brown. Sara Jacoby September 16, 2014. Prep is amazing. Change ). Party of 7 & our wait was only about 30 minutes. Cattlemen’s Lamb Fries: History and How They are Made. We have all family birthdays and so forth at Cattlemen's and have for years. You’ll find breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts, and exceptional wines on the menu at Cattlemen’s Steak House. Honestly, I would say 3.5 stars. Cattlemen's is a dining tradition in Oklahoma City offering everything from steaks to lamb fries with great service and fantastic lunch prices. Fresh Steamed Broccoli. Try the lamb fries and the mac and cheese for an appetizer! They were really busy for an early Sunday evening, but we realized there had been a rodeo going on, so that explained the crowd. The menu includes trademark lamb fries, signature steaks, special "Blue Ribbon" prime steaks, and their famous house salad dressing. Lamb Fries. The steak was nice, tender, perfectly medium rare, but needed salt. Burada 5+ kez bulunmuş ... cattlemen's steakhouse oklahoma city location • cattlemen's steakhouse oklahoma city address • Nothing special. The prices weren't bad. ( Log Out /  Great local institution, been around 110 years. The location is in Stockyard City, it's busy with a nice atmosphere. If you go here at least get the lamb fries, if for no other reason than that it's an experience to eat lamb testicles! However, once deep-fried and smothered in cocktail sauce, calf fries are a southwestern delicacy. The waiter was phenomenal we never had to ask for anything. Sides were simple and delicious with some home styled rolls. Heads up: From now on, other Yelpers will be able to see how you voted. I finally got to try one of America's great steak houses. Try them for the fun of it. Each frozen testicle was about the size of a tennis ball, pale apricot in color, with thin blue veins encircling the membrane. “We get (the lamb fries) from Iceland. It literally felt like we were suddenly on Main Street of a small cattle town. It was my b day and I got free desert the food was good but all that Im concerned about is the fact that the lamb fries are a bulls privets but over all it was very good I do recommend this restaurant         5 star:)(: Great steaks and big portions. The food was excellent. Yes, lamb fries. Coconut cream pie slice, to share, ... cattlemen's steakhouse oklahoma city • cattlemens oklahoma city • cattlemens steak house oklahoma city • The most popular non-beef item is the lamb fries, for which Cattlemen’s is justifiably famous. Please don't confuse this unique location with the chain of the same name. Sara Jacoby Septembre 16, 2014. When Food Network host Guy Fieri and his hair showed up in the Cattlemen's kitchen for a salad dressing tutorial, Parker delivered it with aplomb. Chosen best steakhouse in Oklahoma the last 12 years. Potato Skins. Charcoal Broiled Shrimp. He cut the membrane across the testicle in a long, neat line. Three decades later, it sells shoulder to shoulder with steak and lamb fries, and Parker has been in charge of the process since 2003. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. This is a steak place for local country folks as well as tourists like us.Quick wait, but can see that it could get really busy. Tom, was a seasoned professional and took great care of us. He then shucked the membrane off, leaving behind a clean, pale testicle. We came to Cattlemen's because I saw it on TV! Good steak. Potato Skins More than just skins, filled with a blend of jack and cheddar cheese and bacon bits served with sour cream. Cattlemen's Steakhouse in Oklahoma City is known for its steaks, lamb fries and its rich cowboy tradition. for many years a cattlemen's specialty, served with baked potato. In an act of desperation, Fry wagered Cattlemen’s Steakhouse against the life savings of Gene Wade that he could roll a “hard Six” (two 3’s). 38.00 btl. Many families and real cowboys enjoying their meals. Delicious! It was also very compact, with a lot of people shoved in a small space. The steaks are to die for and so are the lamb fries (my 94 yr. old Grandma's favorite). ... cattlemen's steakhouse oklahoma city location • cattlemen's steakhouse oklahoma city address • The fries are different sizes. Try the lamb fries and the mac and cheese for an appetizer! The cocktails were fun, colorful and delicious. If you want this steak, you have to go to Oklahoma. When you castrate the bull, it can be young or old, little or big. $ 9.25. New Orleans was the original location where the restaurant began in 1927. Once thawed, cooks at Cattlemen’s Steakhouse begin to prepare the dish. Negra Modelo . Lunch. Arriving at Cattlemen’s Steakhouse, we were greeted by a friendly host. Mushrooms or raw horseradish is a great addition to the meat. ... cattlemen's steakhouse oklahoma city location • cattlemen's steakhouse oklahoma city address • Lamb Fries. I just love the little toasts you get with with the salads. The menu is famous for steaks, lamb fries, homemade desserts, dinner rolls, and the Cattlemen's House Salad Dressing. A blonde, a redhead and a brunette- it's the little things in life. Arriving at Cattlemen’s Steakhouse, we were greeted by a friendly host. :/ However, it was a great steak and a great value at around $32. Fried Catfish. While we began to set up the filming equipment, Egan told us how Cattlemen’s receives its lamb fries. While I had many tender bites of these amorphous testes, as I pulled on each one, my significant other looked a little green, ignoring my pleas for her to try one. beer battered Shrimp Cocktail. ( Log Out /  Chosen best steakhouse in Oklahoma the last 12 years. The menu includes trademark lamb fries, signature steaks, special "Blue Ribbon" prime steaks, and their famous house salad dressing. Coors Original . It's an iconic establishment, and I generally enjoy my food here. While calf fries are a traditional dish in Oklahoma, Cattlemen’s Steakhouse in Oklahoma City serves a twist on the dish, lamb fries. When cooking lamb fries, it is best to let them sit overnight in order for them to thaw. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. The service is right on spot!!! Three decades later, it sells shoulder to shoulder with steak and lamb fries, and Parker has been in charge of the process since 2003. Strawberry Shortcake. Calf fries are castrated bull testicles. After an hour wait, we were led to a table and greeted by Tom, our server. Sara Jacoby Settembre 16, 2014. small top-sirloin steak. Our meal was $45 a person which included a cocktail, wine, whisky, salad, steak, fries and dessert. Four of us for wife's birthday...filets, sirloins and lamb fries all wonderful. However, few know the true meaning behind the festival. basted with our special polynesian sauce, served over rice pilaf ... Cattlemen's Steakhouse. The blue ribbon is always amazing and won't disappoint. Sat at the corner booth where GHB sat, had his picture overlooking us. Hand breaded with light corn meal, served with our own homemade tartar sauce and baked potato. Cattlemen's Steakhouse makes my list as one of the Top Restaurants Unique to OKC, and here's why. Next, he places them in flour and tosses them to shake off the extra breading. They were also all wearing starched white shirts, black pants and nice aprons of a more refined restaurant than the exterior of the place teased. Everyone enjoyed their dinners, including the salads, rolls, & baked potatoes. Late one night in a smoke-filled room at the old Biltmore Hotel in downtown Oklahoma City, Fry was running out of luck and money. With lamb fries, you get the same size consistently because they’re castrated when the lambs are the same age.”. You can tell the steak was grilled on an open flame and really cared for because it TASTED like it was. Lamb Fries. Steaks were amazing we added mushrooms and they were cooked perfect . We will come back. Many students at Oklahoma State University attend Tumbleweed Dancehall's Annual Calf Fry every spring. Make a point to pay Stockyards City and Cattlemen's Cafe a visit. For that go to Cheevers or Paseo Grill. Driving through the iron arch into Stockyards City transports you to a different place. We paid about $100 for three of us. After dinner, we walked the streets a bit and found some interesting shops. Lamb Fries. Learn more about our food at 405-236-0416! The unusual dish ended up on the menu quite by chance. For many years a cattlemen's specialty, served with baked potato. The blue ribbon is always amazing and won't disappoint. Being from Los Angeles, a $50+ steak is not out of the norm. The cracked leather booths and decor haven't been updated in 40 years which is perfect so you are not distracted from the food. Lamb fries are a dish with tradition and Cattlemen’s takes pride in their preparation and the popularity of the dish. It was lunch. More importantly it's an OKC landmark and has fun history. It has since grown into one of the best steakhouses in the state with features in Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and Man Vs. Food, plus countless publications. Steak soup is wonderful: lusty mahogany brown and crowded with vegetables, beef, and lamb fries. Sliced into thin pieces, fried and served with cocktail sauce. The cattleman's steak house is a must stop when in Oklahoma City. Established in 1910 as Cattlemen's Café, the restaurant served as a hitching post for hungry cowboys and ranchers traveling through Stockyards City. Tender and tasty. Cattlemen's Steakhouse Address: 1309 S Agnew Ave Oklahoma City, OK 73108. 14 Hands Moscato, Columbia Valley 7.50 gl. Steak Soup ($3.00), Lamb Fries ($7.00), Presidential Cut Steak ($25.00), Steak Burger ($5.00), Strip Sirloin ($20.00) Cuisine American, Breakfast & Brunch, Steak & Barbecue, Steak House, Steakhouse Features Kid-friendly, Full bar, Private room(s), Parking lot Payment Accepted Discover, American Express, MasterCard, Visa Rating Details: About Cattlemens Steakhouse: We start with the finest Midwest raised, corn-fed beef. "Billy Jack" our waiter was attentive and quite the character. $ 9.95. Located in the heart of the historic Stockyards City, this world-famous restaurant was won in a craps game in 1945. Broiled Salmon. Insisting on U.S.D.A. You can’t go wrong with dry-aged, hand cut steaks, and lamb fries. 30.00 btl. It's just steamed broccoli with a cheese sauce on top so without the cheese sauce, it would be a great side that is not only a vegetable but low sodium and low carb. Four of us for wife's birthday...filets, sirloins and lamb fries all wonderful. For many years a cattlemen's specialty, served with baked potato. Hawaiian Chicken Breast. We ended the evening with some coconut cream pie. The building looked like a 1950's diner. Cattlemen's Steakhouse is located in the Oklahoma Stockyards neighborhood in Oklahoma City. Made a visit this past Saturday evening. "Get the blue ribbon cut and don't be afraid of the lamb fries (batata frita)." ( Log Out /  Steaks. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. From Lamb fries to the Ribeyes,and Brandy desert.Thank you Cameron for enhancing our dinningexpirences at Cattleman's.You are the superstar server,at Cattleman's,for sureWe look forward to our next visit! It has since grown into one of the best steakhouses in the state with features in Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and Man Vs. Food, plus countless publications. Steak was cooked perfectly, salad with dressing was refreshing with the house made croutons, baked potato was moist, and the mushrooms were hearty and perfectly buttered. “We are going to take them to the kitchen, we are going to bread them, we are going to fry them, and you are going to eat them,” Egan says with a wide smile. I came from the land of kale and quinoa to dine in the land of meat and potatoes. Lamb Fries. Meh. Try the lamb fries and the mac and cheese for an appetizer! It's known to most Oklahoma City residents as the place to go for a great steak and lamb fries, and it is one of several metro restaurants featured on the Food Network's "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives." We always had what we needed but they didn't hover. Provided by . This is a true original located in historic Stockyard City. We have all family birthdays and so forth at Cattlemen's and have for years. Too full for any of their delicious pies for dessert. 2,980 reviews #12 of 1,144 Restaurants in Oklahoma City $$ - $$$ American Steakhouse Gluten Free Options. Update: T-Bone is Still Amazing, Service Still Great, will remain our go to for special occasions. small top-sirloin steak. Cattlemen's Steakhouse has been an Oklahoma City institution for over 100 years. Bread was complimentary and I just didn't care for it either. Reminded me of Chris Farley's character living in a van down by the river. Kinda small kinda just ok.   Had the lamb fries - again, it was ok.   Our waiter on the other hand was very good. Corona . The waiter was phenomenal we never had to ask for anything . 1/4 Pound $ 6.50. ... cattlemens steakhouse オクラホマシティ • cattlemen's steakhouse stockyards city main street オクラホ … Sara Jacoby Eylül 16, 2014. Lamb fries are one of the most popular dishes at the restaurant and Woods said they go through roughly 2 cases per day, which is 55 to 60 pounds. Casual atmosphere, simple menu. Cattlemen's: Lamb Fries - See 2,966 traveler reviews, 560 candid photos, and great deals for Oklahoma City, OK, at Tripadvisor. White Wines. Try the lamb fries and the mac and cheese for an appetizer! Yup, I love this place. We have information about the contents our menu items available for download in PDF format: Common Allergens (Dining) Common Allergens (Catering) ... What a great place to get a steak, lamb fries & anything else on the menu. ... Lamb Fries for many years a cattlemen's specialty, served with baked potato Hawaiian Chicken Breast basted with … The food is pretty good, the service was great, and there is something very "Oklahoma" about the decor. It's like a creamy garlic ranch that is so good I wish they would bottle it! You can't go wrong with dry-aged, hand cut steaks and lamb fries. All types visit it which makes it fun to people watch. $ 16.95. To me, it seemed that the prices were half of what I pay at other great steakhouses. Pernah ke sini 5+ kali. Cattlemen's Fort Worth Steak House: Best steaks and lamb fries - See 1,016 traveler reviews, 220 candid photos, and great deals for Fort Worth, TX, at Tripadvisor. Fried Catfish. Egan then led us over to a long metal table. w/cheese sauce. Our first trip to Cattleman's, recommend by a friend We had an amazing expirences,all due to our outstanding server,Cameron.Cameron was knowledgeable about menu items,and history of Cattleman's.We choose  his recommendations,and where not didappointed. At first glance, they are not something one would even think about eating. Send … Looking for a great steakhouse near you? Tuesday: 11:00am - 9:00pm. I'll come back for dinner when in town just to give it another shot. Cattlemen's Steakhouse in Oklahoma City is known for its steaks, lamb fries and its rich cowboy tradition. In 1945, Cattlemen’s was owned by Hank Fry, a gambler of sorts. Established in 1910, this is one of Oklahoma's oldest restaurants. 3 ordered prime rib, 2 steaks, 1 catfish dinner, & I got grilled shrimp. "Billy Jack" our waiter was attentive and quite the character. We started with the lamb fries. Coconut cream pie slice, to share, ... cattlemen's steakhouse kota oklahoma • cattlemens kota oklahoma • cattlemens steak house kota oklahoma • Not bad! The lamb fries were great - very tender & so tasty! ok, I'm game. Back home a week later, I … So if you are reading this scared of what balls taste like, don't worry, it's not that bad.Bush Sr's T-BONE: My hubby ordered it rare, which I did not like. Cattlemens Steakhouse Online Menu. Back home a week later, I … While calf fries are a traditional dish in Oklahoma, Cattlemen’s Steakhouse in Oklahoma City serves a twist on the dish, lamb fries. Loved all of the history and that they have remained true to their values of service and quality. The best part of today's visit was hearing a waiter explain to a customer what lamb fries are-there is just no way to make those sound appetizing! ... Lamb Fries For many years a Cattlemen’s Specialty, served with baked potato. The breakfast buffet in one of the best. Sides include baked potatoes, of course, but also steamed vegetables. Steak Soup. Great classic steakhouse !!! But with the sheer number of empty buildings nearby it wasn't too hard to find a spot. I had the ribeye with the given sides of baked potatoes and salad. When young livestock is castrated on the range, it is traditional for cowboys to fry their harvest as a treat at the end of the day. Four of us for wife's birthday...filets, sirloins and lamb fries all wonderful. È stato qui più di 5 volte. Lamb Fries Charcoal Broiled Shrimp Steak Soup (cup) Onion Rings Beer battered Shrimp Cocktail Potato Skins More than just skins, filled with a blend of jack and cheddar cheese and bacon bits served with sour cream Okra Breaded Lamb Fries For many years a Cattlemen’s Specialty, served with baked potato Hawaiian Chicken Breast for many years a cattlemen's specialty, served with baked potato. ... cattlemen's steakhouse oklahoma city • cattlemens oklahoma city • cattlemens steak house … There really is no taste. Fried Catfish. The apps, salads and drinks were great, including the filtered ice water. Oct 25, 2014 - Many students at Oklahoma State University attend Tumbleweed Dancehall's Annual Calf Fry every spring. Williams demonstrated how Cattlemen’s prepares the entrée. He said it took weeks of testing to document the recipe. Based on the hype and legend of this place, I was let down. Try the lamb fries and the mac and cheese for an appetizer! When the big packing houses still operated in Stockyard City, they couldn’t sell lamb testicles. Parking was all street side with no valet or central parking area. We tried their lamb fries, kinda interesting. Two of our group had the small fillets wrapped in bacon and one had the prime rib. I recommend. It may be a tourist destination but, felt like a local treasure. Coors Lite . Menu may not be up to date. Cowboy hats off to the owners, managers and staff for making this wonderful steakhouse. He said it took weeks of testing to document the recipe. "Billy Jack" our waiter was attentive and quite the character. The waitstaff were efficient but welcoming, but their communication was superb--clear and effective, not overly familiar but still very comfortable. for many years a cattlemen's specialty, served with baked potato. The president knew his beef! The family loved the lamb fries and potatoe skins. Banquet facilities available for … Our server was fast, friendly to the right degree and intuitive (my glass of unsweet tea was NEVER close to being half empty). Most steakhouses will force you to pay for the sides to your steak so it was nice that Cattlemen's includes one. Perhaps my taste was off tonight.