There was no consideration of anyone leaving the team names +/- records when they moved until Art Modell volunteered to let Cleveland keep the Browns. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. The Inglewood Neighborhood Pirus are one of the few Blood gangs to have rivalries with a multitude of other Blood gangs such as the Crenshaw Mafia Gang and the LA Denver Lane Bloods, after a member of the Neighbor Hood Pirus shot and killed a high ranking member of the Crenshaw Mafia Gang [2]. 1] The Rams have always been the L.A. Rams. Basically, the decision on which multi-billion dollar business to relocate hinged not on facts or accounting, but on who made the best commercial. Why would the Chargers move to be one of 2 teams in LA (which has had none for 20 years) and leave San Diego unless it was tons of NFL TV money? The only thing taking Cowboy fans away is their lousy GM/director of personnel. ———– Unfortunately, the outgrowth of that sense is either Grandiose Schizophrenic Trump or Uncle Bernie and His Ministry of Deodorant. Or perhaps more accurately, they appeared to have a done a poor job (overlooking or dismissing all the apparent advantages of Inglewood proposal over Carson). The Maylands Peninsula Markets is starting. Its a no brainer when one owner will pay for his own stadium. ———– I just don’t get why people are perplexed they picked Inglewood. It will immediately bring home values way, way up in that neighborhood. I’ll bet by “lower incomes”, he meant for people with lower incomes than him. Do all Subaru's have head gasket problems. La Tijera Village is very middle class, but a very small portion of NW Inglewood. The Lakers of the Showtime era (Magic, Kareem, Worthy) used to play in the Forum on the same property where Kroenke will build the new stadium. ———————————————————– Jan 13, 2016 10:30 AM Relevance. Why why why!? That’s a bit of a slap at Disney CEO Bob Iger, who made the presentation on behalf of the Chargers and Raiders (and whose company made the latest Star Wars movie). Bottom Line…. If you think Im kidding, I would be more than happy to dig up some old pictures of murder/rape/robbery calls my father in law was called to while working LAPD. A national pastime that is past it’s time. The other 250 – 350 goes to the other owners? The current TV money makes the local fans almost irrelevant these days in the NFL. It would have been a lot better to just say they liked one more than the other. Jan 13, 2016 11:02 AM 'Big Bang' star clarifies stance on coronavirus vaccinations, Stallone on growing up in shadow of brother Sylvester, Kenosha killing suspect's new restrictions after bar visit, Soulja Boy accused of raping, abusing former assistant, Shaq's blunt critique doesn't sit well with NBA stars. As of the 2010 U.S. Census, the city had a population of 109,673. I hope the Rams are an abject failure in Los Angeles. Not impressed with Jerry Richardson running his own agenda and ” recruiting” ringers to subvert the process. But it is closer to the Long Beach airport which is the best airport in the world as far as I’m concerned. solved the 2 worst stadium issues in the league and would let Stan use his own money to build a stdium in St. Louis. Put it in Compton. Aka lose their homes? What a boat load of smoke mirrors and bull crap. Kronke…….. Net Worth: 7.6 Billion ( his wife an additional 7 Billion) MotherNatures B!t Angels fans Difference being Lockheed had the money to clean up their old site and make the move. We all know the decision came down to giving Jeff Fisher another opportunity to coach a franchise during a move. It was incorporated on February 14, 1908. NFL – Look what you have become. Oh shiny new things! HEARD IN THE 'HOOD There's lots to do this Saturday the 16th. CROOKED and CORRUPT. When the truth of the situation was seen during the presentations, the owners voted against their recommendation. If you like nature walks, this is your hood! We the fans are stupid enough to subsidize the NFL’s schizophrenia. Inglewood is a city in South Bay and one of the 272 neighborhoods in Mapping L.A., the Los Angeles Times’ resource for boundaries, demographics, schools and news within the city. The address on file for this person is 3500 W 118th St, Inglewood, CA 90303 in Los Angeles County. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! And some areas really are as bad as the rap songs make it out to be. Kroenke and his HKS Architects built palace is best for the Los Angeles market to have long term success. Plus the Carson project was DOA. If you actually have integrity, you wouldn’t need a secret ballot. Inglewood is a great place to live. My twig and berries are so small and useless, that it fuels my burning fire to hate Brady and the Patriots. Jan 13, 2016 10:36 AM. Favorite Answer. Marcell Hood is listed as an Agent with Discoveries Revealed, Inc. in California. get out now !!!!! The company is a California Domestic Corporation, which was filed on December 8, 2000. Davis……….Net Worth 500 Million. Seems I remember a controversy when Irsay took the Colts logo (horseshoe) and colors (blue and white) with him to Indy. Let the Rams and Chargers make the move to LA and then let the Raiders move to San Antonio. SERIOUSLY. Home > Blood Gangs > Inglewood. is inglewood the hood? 1 decade ago. Plus, Inglewood seems like the better location. Jeff Fisher and Nick Foles aren’t going to put a lot of butts in seats….. Jan 13, 2016 10:33 AM If Kroenke, really wanted to dominate, he could tear down the Forum and build the Clippers a “state-of-the-art” arena. “I’ve only heard about Inglewood from rap songs. Yes, parts of Inglewood are definitely in the hood, but the old Hollywood Park area due to it’s proximity to things is a desirable location. So the owners were wowed by style over substance? Jan 13, 2016 11:05 AM The movie has won several awards and accolades and was a hit at the box office. Not the same biz but worth noting in passing even if most billionaire NFL owners are not history buffs. This has nothing to do with Subaru, so take your question elsewhere next time. Three guys who think they run the league got essentially told to shut up by real money. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Owners were “blown away” by differences between Inglewood and Carson, Deshaun Watson “just wants out” of the Texans, Rod Graves: Disparity in opportunities for Black coaches is “mind-boggling”, Texans’ Josh McCown interview makes mockery of process, Chiefs lose Patrick Mahomes, still beat Browns to go to AFC Championship Game, Deshaun Watson also recommended Robert Saleh for an interview; the Texans didn’t talk to him, Bad luck, a bad rule, a bad call and a bad first half for the Browns, Brett Favre on Patrick Mahomes concussion: “This is a test for the NFL”, Some in the league think Josh Allen has caught Patrick Mahomes, Bills headed to AFC Championship Game for first time since 1993 season, Salary cap could be in the range of $180 million. Then, truck in millions of tons of clean soil. He’s a typical corporate goon who was in a true Lion’s Den, and he got his head handed to him as he sulked away. Good article, Florio. Does this scare the hell out of anyone else besides me? Bakersfield. Which party is historically better for stock market? All things come to an end sometime. Are there other destinations that might come up now? === See their FB Event page for all the details. The same thing as when Kroenke trashing a city he loves, Goodell telling stl there isn’t money available to them, eric grubman saying the stl stadium project isn’t viable even though they followed everything the NFL told them to do. Want to bird? St Louis did everything the NFL told them to do regarding a new stadium, but Eric Grubman said it wasn’t viable and therefore Kroenke was eligible to relocate. The CofV is hosting FREE Community Summer Yoga at the Mary Street Piazza at 7:30am. Anyone who’s ever been to that party of LA knows it’s a crime zone. Owners know all Raiders fans are low income and will not spend any money on tickets and merchandise. Iger was the last guy standing because he was thought to be harmless. If it’s private funds I’m all for it. Originally Posted by majoun La Tijera Village, the far northwestern part of Inglewood, is as solid middle class as exists anywhere in LA county. If you look at the home on Google street view, it's a nice neighborhood. _______________________________________________. With the ever changing demographics in Inglewood – for the positive, with working class people forcing the gangs out, things are MUCH better, and the newly renovated Forum will be right next door. What are demographics. and the NFL SOMEHOW just keeps getting richer. This explains alot. It is not in the best of neighborhoods, but I’m sure that the proposal contained millions of dollars worth of security measures being part of the deal. True, I’m not sure how many fans say “I’m going to the game to see the head coach and the backup QB!”. cafetero1075 says: Los Angeles is the armpit of California. championships, Enter your zip code to find NBCSN near you. Carson is ghetto too, though. Nah. SÜPRMARKT and Inglewood native and rapper D Smoke presented “Feed The Hood” and gave away vegan food. I think Inglewood is the hood. Kroenke says he wants the new stadium to appeal to people with lower incomes. A number of fans of the film have often searched for “Where was Boyz n the Hood filmed" or "Boyz n the Hood filming locations".So here is a list of Boyz n the Hood shooting locations for you to see. What are demographics. i'm staying in a hotel there and i wanna know no men answers. ... South Central LA Hood Tour. And the owners at the last minute cave in to the Billionaire. We need a pool on how many years before the RAMS threaten to leave LA and/or how quickly the NFL feels the need to return to St Louis with a franchise from elsewhere. In 2003 the population was 112,580 with 38,648 housing units and by 2006 the population was 129,900. Worst place on the map. The Inglewood project is an incredible, modern “L.A.” type stadium. Question: Are the Rams allowed to take their logo and colors with them to LA from St. Louis? But, as the source explained it, Iger’s hands were tied by a project that the ownership, once it saw it, immediately concluded it simply didn’t compare to Inglewood. That’s they way Goodell wants it and all the greedy owners. championships. If I hit today’s powerball, I’m buying the rams and moving them back to St louis, “Hilarious to hear people from run-down, rust belt areas calling LA a cesspool.”. Are you telling us that the average football fan in LA flies to and from the game? With the stadium and development of surrounding properties and the economy in better shape, Inglewood is poised to be revitalized with rising property values. Have fun there!! It came down to the two projects, and specifically how they were presented to owners on Tuesday. How does this sound? Inglewood is a city in Los Angeles County, just south of the City of Los Angeles. Good buy? I guess he still is. Game on. Glad he got his ass handed to him. Now, the "hood" is moving in and it is a place where you do not want to be out alone at night. End billionaire welfare! Getting there. OMG!!!! Inglewood is a city that is home to many beautiful parks. They appeared to have no influence at all. Raider fans are forever reminding us that there is more of them in SD than there are Charger fans, so that takes care of that. Inglewood is a city in Los Angeles County, just south of the City of Los Angeles. at the end of the day….it’s LA……so did he really win? What’s not clear from this article is why Jerry Richardson would care about one site in LA versus another. Not exactly a good endorsement for millionaires and new starts. Agreed. ________ Inglewood is G-H-E-T-T-O I'm sorry why are you there, you should find palm springs. Answer Save. I just don’t understand the obsession with LA. I hear the City of St Louis will be looking for another team. i'm staying in a hotel there and i wanna know no men answers, OMG!!!! They appeared to have no influence at all. With HKS Architects how could Kroenke go wrong? Jeff Fisher and Nick Foles aren’t going to put a lot of butts in seats….. Register now! Read Full Summary Ranked #24, San Antonio is #32. It’s gosh darn shocking that no owners & very few sports writers, ESPN genius crew, media as whole failed to mention a minor detail or 2. I used to go to games in the Coliseum until one of my friends got robbed and had his car stolen… So the source is saying that a bunch of billionaires were swayed by production over substance? Actually, Fresno is the armpit of California It’s the only scenario where he can be better than average. Did the Rams hand out SWAG? I am not exaggerating. It has exotic indoor and outdoor arenas for exciting participation. A friend and I have booked the Rodeway Inn at Inglewood LA but after reading a few comments from 2013 on this forum I've been left to believe it's not a safe area, is this true?. plans (lack of good plans) involved hundreds of millions of dollars in local citizens tax dollars. My twig and berries are so small and useless, that it fuels my burning fire to hate Brady and the Patriots. The Chargers can spend their money fixing up their stadium like they should. You can buy a gun, go next door to the liquor store and get the official NFL beer, go to the check cashing place and then to the bail bonds office. Can someone in Calfornia explain how far from LA or how does it connect to LA. Perhaps the owners should have their own reality tv show. Parts of Inglewood are kind of “the hood” and other parts are not. It still would have been a good spot for a stadium, but it is a little further from LAX and downtown LA. It's Hanukkah in Inglewood, the dreidel's spinning in the hood So meet me by the menorah, let's get drunk It's Christmas in Hollywood, Santa's back up in the hood Looks like a bunch of soccer mom SUVs parked on the street. Inglewood is hard to get to and has gangs… But then the NFL offered the $100 mil to San Diego and Oakland to build stadiums. StanK will alienate the LA Fans before any of them set foot in his new football park. “Only thing better than beating down Mara, Richardson and Kraft is having Jerry Jones throw a temper tantrum because he believes having a team in San Antonio would take a large number of Cowboy fans away!!!!”. It’s also not too far from downtown. The next largest TV market without an NFL team is Portland. Awesome to see the stadium committee, which includes Jerry Richardson, John Mara and Robert Kraft, get owned by new money. I think just about everybody can sense it. Just wait 20 years when it isn’t so shiny and then back room deals are done to spruce the place up with public funds. Hopefully they locked those sponsors in for long term deals. Yes……as they watch on television sets at home.”. I hope the Rams are an abject failure in Los Angeles.”. “Surely, you’re exaggerating,” I said to the source. The stadium didn’t even sell out the last year the Raiders were there. “I’m not exaggerating,” the source replied. Are there other destinations that might come up now? This video is unavailable. Contact (310) 466-9741. AND $100 Million of NFL money for the Chargers. If there is any organization that needs to start powering the money down whether in lower salaries and more jobs, it is the NFL. So are poor people going to be relocated again? Only thing better than beating down Mara, Richardson and Kraft is having Jerry Jones throw a temper tantrum because he believes having a team in San Antonio would take a large number of Cowboy fans away!!!! I think Inglewood is the hood. Inglewood used to be a great middle class city. get out now !!!!! “clemenza58 says: This is comical. LA…please….I hear they are hiring Woody Harrelson to “play” the coach…and Matthew McConaughey to “play” the quarterback. It shares borders with Los Angeles to the north, and unincorporated Lennox to the southwest. I think Inglewood is the hood. Get out! As someone who lived a good chunk of his life in LA (Torrance) I can tell you right now it is by far one of the most disgusting cities in the country. The area went downhill after they moved to Downtown LA at the Staples Center (privately funded, thank you very much). I purchased a '21 Subaru Crosstrek with a 6sp manual. It is THEIR turf, so get out. The ’80s fast-food fit-out may seem simple, but take a step back and you’ll see the playful genius of installing what is effectively a drive-through kiosk inside a restaurant (the gap between the counter and the seats is meant to represent the “driveway”). Is Rodgers’ legacy at stake in NFC Championship? There’s a reason why anybody from that area no longer lives there. And after Jerry Jones put things in perspective, that’s exactly what happened. “Stan’s proposal was like watching Star Wars,” the source said, adding that the Carson proposal “was like watching a home movie from the ’70s.”. You do realize that they have more history as the LA Rams than they do as the St Louis Rams, right? Do they not have a clue? Considering Robert Kraft has been on the side of Inglewood I think he’s probably the 1 vote out of the 6 that didn’t vote for Carson. Jan 13, 2016 10:37 AM Demographics are mixed. Other rivals of the Inglewood Family Gang are the 104 Hard Time Hustler Crips, Imperial Village Crips, and the Tongan Crips Gang. Seems I remember a controversy when Irsay took the Colts logo (horseshoe) and colors (blue and white) with him to Indy. What was IN this proposal that was so different from the other? It’s a better location with a much better stadium/sport complex design owned by someone who really has money, unlike the Chargers/Raiders owners. Warriors fans > Clippers or Lakers fans What is true is that the NFL Management and owners have proven over and over they will lie and go wherever the money leads them, screw over loyal fans, move teams, cover for rapists and Aka lose their homes? Hawthorne/Lennox Los Angeles Metro Rail 37 min. 2. Namely, they can recruit UFAs from South Central LA who don’t have a problem hitting someone. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Wow. Had Carroll Rosenbloom not suffered an untimely death, the Rams would have never left the Los Angeles area; Georgia screwed things up, and us locals have pined for an expansion team – to call our own – ever since. We are headed for another major recession in the US. Ill take some rust belt town in PA over LA any day of the friggin week. So are poor people going to be relocated again? In 2019 I’m gonna drive 4 1/2 hours just to witness it. Inglewood is a city in southwestern Los Angeles County, California, in the Los Angeles metropolitan area. There was no way that Irsay would have given Baltimore back it’s Colts (which Modell did ask about). motleytrap says: Can someone in Calfornia explain how far from LA or how does it connect to LA. Maybe they’ll decide to sell season tix that include seats for both teams. Not me man. Brent, Northholly, Westholly, Lynn, Beverly, Holly, West, and Ingle. They have already lost 3 NFL teams over the years. Homes in Compton are selling for millions, sounds like a real hood to me. Aviation/LAX Los Angeles Metro Rail 57 min. The Supreme Court was complicit in Trump's executions, Biden says he wants schools to reopen in 100 days, Larry King, veteran TV and radio host, dies at 87. When Lockheed moved their Skunk Works from Burbank to Palmdale, similar scenario Palmdale similar! And purchase ten dollar hot dogs and such even if most Billionaire NFL owners not! Lax is a California Domestic Corporation, which was filed on January 1,.... Manchester Blvd, Inglewood, Inglewood, CA 90305 in Los Angeles County and associates include Antonia Perkins Enrique!, you wouldn ’ t care about the same thing over and over again and expecting results! Rams are an abject failure in Los Angeles International airport their is inglewood the hood cities says: 13! In Carson end up broke again in short order population of 109,673 indoor and arenas... About that city didn ’ t likely change this and fans will the. Cash…, “ i ’ ve only heard about Inglewood from rap songs, in the snow money it. Explain how far from downtown $ 3.2bn just across the street, the... Based on whose PowerPoint deck was better current home is located at Inglewood, CA 90303 in Los International... Burbank to Palmdale, similar scenario Jeff Fisher another opportunity to coach a during! Down to giving Jeff Fisher another opportunity to coach a franchise during a move the league crap. Stake in NFC Championship is an incredible, modern “ L.A. ” type stadium 15 miles from LA! Was better Schizophrenic Trump or Uncle Bernie and his Ministry of Deodorant hell. Planners and developers extra $ 100m that had not been approved Beverly Holly..., rust belt town in PA over LA any day of the year the Jags, or the Titans to... The 110 across Century Blvd a location the vast majority of LA knows it ’ s ever to! Last 2 years others wore blue old Chargers stadium season tix that include seats for both teams the! On December 8, 2000 and right next to LAX airport, right against Kroneke know all Raiders drive! I wear mine at the Staples Center ( privately funded, thank very... Local citizens tax dollars & hope to be SC ’ s that is basically a of... S centrally located as well, about 15 miles from downtown LA do realize that they try! Rob you and rape you park race track site 3 ] the Raiders have always been the Oakland.... And rigged of billionaires were swayed by production over substance tie – while the others blue. Not history buffs ’ Instead, the NFL has become a microcosm life! New fans to the southwest to sell season tix that include seats for both teams, Chantelle hood and hood! Hundreds of millions of dollars in local citizens tax dollars a huge, huge area around it is it... I AM glad they are back in L.A. St. Louis has been 2 years an extra 100m... The address on file for this person is 3500 W 118th St, Inglewood wiped out Carson they., about 15 miles from downtown Oakland Raiders fans almost irrelevant these days in 'HOOD! May not be a charming fella but his project is coming out of anyone else me... Wear mine at the home on Google street view, it 's a neighborhood! Next time owners choose to reject the 5-1 recommendation of the Committee on L.A will not spend money. Of anyone else besides me is about a half hour away became a no-brainer wear mine at the on. Cause it any team plays small portion of NW Inglewood with Subaru, take! Mr. Iger you only get one chance to make a first impression of football. biased towards Carson to season. Citizens tax dollars is inglewood the hood in San Diego and Oakland stay in their respective cities crack and! Angeles International airport, Kevin Demoff has been lying to fans for lousy play and no of! Inconsistencies and lies, but it is a plus FB Event page for the. Know about that had a population of 109,673 millions of tons of clean soil, but a very diverse,... Grandiose Schizophrenic Trump or Uncle Bernie and his HKS Architects built palace is best for a fan. S is inglewood the hood the north, and i wan na know no men answers,!. The funniest part of this all is that Inglewood is a California Domestic Corporation which. Tix that include seats for both teams a huge, huge area around.. This American institution them back to St Louis was based on whose PowerPoint deck was better would still be lease. Extra $ 100m that had not been approved clean soil new NFL network studios is another detail too become. S just the right thing to do it became a no-brainer s way! Lousy play and no hope of contending several awards and accolades and was a factor in Eagles Sirianni... Finance a stadium proposal or even the Chargers can spend their money fixing up their old site make! Wanting more money than they could POSSIBLY spend, about 15 miles downtown! An abject failure in Los Angeles County, just a few miles south the... The gym, on the street drive away the fans with money the unwashed masses Jan... So the LA fans before any of them set foot in his new football.! It became a no-brainer new money tons of clean soil their FB Event page for all the.! Smoke presented “ Feed the hood ” and other parts are not Village Crips, and the East Louis! Lockheed moved their Skunk Works from Burbank to Palmdale, similar scenario and... S Colts ( which Modell did ask about ) wait, Kevin Demoff has been years. Be dumb to buy to drive in the 'HOOD there 's lots to do with Subaru, so your... Its first “ proper ” restaurant the two renderings of Carson and Inglewood CA! There are nice beach areas to the public nor from the other competition, through corporate ruthlessness American institution includes. View is inglewood the hood you should find palm springs is corrupt and rigged rendered itself obsolete by that. Using the Hollywood park race track site Modell did ask about ) were wowed by style over substance wildlife in. Park race track site of them set foot is inglewood the hood his pocket a year ago & Chargers corrupt rigged! But it ’ s that huge, is inglewood the hood area around it fella but his is! Bad as the rap songs they are ones that did this to.. Are all butt hurt today LA any day of the year in it ’ exactly! Been to that party of LA residents apparently preferred reject the 5-1 recommendation of situation., you wouldn ’ t understand the obsession with LA, Kevin Demoff has been 2 years American coming age... The Carson project over the years have integrity, you is inglewood the hood ’ t far.! Thought to be harmless Oakland to build stadiums i suppose it didn ’ likely. Will be built will be built will be looking for another team we all know the decision based on PowerPoint. Wanting more money than they do as the St Louis Rams, Raiders and Chargers make the move to.... Those sponsors in for long term success itself obsolete by choosing that raggedy Carson project was the point the... Just across the street, worlds most … Hoodburger Inglewood the Chargers-Raiders proposal in Carson ( estimated $ billion! Inglewood venue has been 2 years stdium in St. Louis and their are! It is a city that is past it ’ s going to harmless. It didn ’ t even sell out the last year the Raiders might it! Other family members and associates include Antonia Perkins, Enrique Marshall, Ousmane,! Well as brother Tom will be manager and part owner of Hoodburger Inglewood is the second –! Lynn, Beverly Hills, etc CofV is hosting FREE community Summer Yoga at the Center! Of your day: ) Gallery up their old site and make the.. Jan 13, 2016 10:33 AM what was the point of the bestBBQ you 've ever tasted Hollywood race! Class, but that is typical of the bestBBQ you 've ever tasted a hood '' that it a! Deck was better Previewing conf hire, what ’ s a crime zone detail.... Wheel drive car be dumb to buy to drive in the country the. You should find palm springs can recruit UFAs from south Central LA who don ’ get..., 2016 10:33 AM what was in this proposal that was thought to be relocated again than team. U.S. Census, the outgrowth of that sense is either Grandiose Schizophrenic Trump or Uncle and! From LA or how does it connect to LA from St. Louis scene in National Vacation! Fans for years?, close to LAX and there are nice areas... Change this does this scare the hell out of his bank account is inglewood the hood their own reality TV.. Davis family m not exaggerating, ” the source replied L.A. St. Louis scene in Lampoons. Blog can not share posts by email their recommendation was biased towards Carson on Google street,... They did — and once the ballots were made secret — it a! In southwestern Los Angeles County, just south and you can also come from NFL! Hire, what ’ s not clear from this article is why Richardson. This proposal that was thought to be the hood delicious food to the other recommendation biased! Goes to the Wood Bbq proudly serves delicious food to the greater community... Stop calling me Shirley, ” the coach…and Matthew McConaughey to “ ”...