Many retirees live in Fort Lee and residents tend to be liberal. Boulder, CO #2. Fort Lee Rankings. Compared to other communities of similar population size, Fort Lee has a crime rate that is noticeably lower than the average. Princeton came in at #1 on the list of “Best College Towns to Live in” by Smartasset.com. 72 reviews. 25 Reasons Jersey City Is The Best Place To Live. There are many additional borrowing options available. Also, the accessibility to the city is very convenient, especially for teenagers who wish to hang out with their friends. In preparation for the Fort Lee Public Library's Annual Lunar New Year celebration, taking place virtually on Friday, February 12, they need your help collecting memories and traditions from your own festivities. The only safe place is a small area in the suburbs, that's really it. I am semi-retired and it’s a great place for that. If you're curious enough, here are the best cities to live in New Jersey: Haddonfield (Pop. Share on facebook; ... Best Places to Live in New Jersey. Here is a list of the most populated towns in Bergen County: 1) Hackensack 2) Teaneck 3) Fort Lee 4) Fair Lawn 5) Garfield 6) Englewood 7) Paramus 8) Bergenfield 9) Ridgewood 10) Lodi I would say Fort Lee … Petersburg. Best Places to Live in Fort Lee, New Jersey National center - Southeast corner of New York State, at mouth of Hudson River. In Fort Lee, the Fort Lee Historic Park provides access to the Long Path, approximately 350 miles of trails that start at the GW Bridge. Based on cost of living factors for an area including housing costs, tax rates, and cost of essentials like food and fuel. Crime Rate 2018 Crime Rate 2018. Fort Lee Is A Great Place To Live. The town of almost 22,000 residents ranked favourably in the areas of public schools, job availability and ethnic and economic diversity, all of which were given an A+ score. 3, with the most access to the ocean, sand and sunshine as well as being a great place to live. However, I believe that Fort Lee … It's a 15 minute drive into New York City; or 5 … There is a reason why I moved across the entire country from California to receive my education here in Fort Lee. Livability helps people find their perfect places to live, and we’ve got everything you need to know to decide if moving to Fort Lee borough, NJ is right for you. See the top 100 towns, plus an online-only database with stats for more than 1,800 U.S. towns. Displayed first is the matching location - Fort Lee, VA, followed by the best places to live near Fort Lee, VA, sorted by Livability Score. Based on employment rates, job and business growth, and cost of living. Fort Lee is a suburban borough located where the New Jersey Turnpike meets the George Washington Bridge, right across the river from Washington Heights. September, June and May are the most pleasant months in Fort Lee, while … In Fort Lee there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. brand new oversized brick and precast townhome featuring over 3400 sq ft of living space over three levels. The best of all worlds - 5/27/2008 Fort Lee is the most convenient place I can imagine. No. History Civil War. Fort Lee, NJ. However, I believe that Fort Lee is so much more than that. Your Favorite Beer Is Probably Made Here Fort Collins has become somewhat of a microbrew haven. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions. U.S. News analyzed 150 metro areas in the United States to find the best places to live based on quality of life and the job market in each metro area, as well as the value of living there and people's desire to live there. In Fort Lee there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. With an active community, artsy edge, job opportunities and hometown feel, it’s no wonder! September, June and May are the most pleasant months in Fort Lee, while … The same things that attract tourists to Daytona Beach make it a fun place to live year-round, including golf, fishing, and racing. ... the information solely for the private non-commercial purpose of identifying a property in which the recipient has a good faith interest in acquiring. Fort Lee, like many other towns in Bergen County, is known for being an "Asian centre" or "the town next to the bridge". Wallethub.com named it the best … Community Action Council TOMORROW: Check out the Fort Lee FMWR page 9:30 a.m. tomorrow for a live Community Action Council. The Fort Dix community is very tight, so help is always available. CNN ranked Fort Collins at number 6 on its 2010 Best Places To Live list, only slightly down from its number one spot in 2006 and number two in 2008. "A great place to live, choose fort lee if also you want to live near of NY. Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Based on the housing stock, population density, and the proximity of amenities of the area. The public schools in Fort Lee are highly rated. December, March and February are the most pleasant months in Fort Myers, while August and July are the least comfortable months. The number of violent crimes in Fort Lee has increased by 14%, while the property crime rate in Fort Lee … Best place to live and open a shop in fort myers beach, Fort Myers - Cape Coral area, 0 replies family w/4 children relocating to fort myers, need info on good area and good schools within 40 miles of ft myers, Fort Myers - Cape Coral area, 21 replies Is Fort Myers Really That Bad To Live?, Fort Myers - Cape Coral area, 3 replies The education system, in my opinion, is one of the best ones in the county, if not New Jersey. 0 All the units work together for a good organization. Explore the best places to live in the U.S. based on crime, public schools, cost of living, job opportunities, and local amenities. We want to help people moving to or living in Fort Lee … There are around 35,461 people who live in Fort Lee and approximately 884,118 who live in Bergen County. Biggest Home Loan Sale Ever. You’ve come to the right place. Median home price: $530,000: $262,148: Average property taxes (2007) $8,869: $3,853: See Fort Lee homes for … To customize the list of best places to live in and around Fort Lee, VA, you are able to first select the search radius, which is the maximum distance you'd like to search for nearby cities or neighborhoods. Denver, CO #3. The Business District Alliance of Fort Lee (BDA) is a non-profit organization, in partnership with the Borough of Fort Lee to revitalize and promote the Main Street Shopping Corridor. 22 of 637. A good indicator of whether Fort Lee is becoming a safer or a more dangerous place to live can be determined by analyzing the year over year crime rate (per 100,000 people). The city has a population of 36,607 inhabitants. Please. In 1664, the British gained control of the Dutch lands in New Jersey and New York. Best Fort Lee schools listed by Fort Lee school districts. Fort Myers has a lower crime rate than similarly sized metro areas. Salary Calculator. #1 Best Places to Live in New Jersey. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. Explore the best places to live in the U.S. based on crime, public schools, cost of living, job opportunities, and local amenities. Fort Lee is a great place to live as it is within close proximity to New York – thanks to the George Washington Bridge. Housing. Read more about how we calculate our rankings. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. With a population density of 14,540 people per square mile, Fort Lee … MONEY Magazine's annual ranking of the best places to live in America. Colorado Springs, CO #5. Restaurants near Fort Lee, NJ seen on episodes of TV shows like Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives Having lived in this town for over a decade, I must say that it hasn't changed much since I first moved here. This page will help you find a list of the nearest surrounding towns, villages, cities nearby or within a 45 mile distance (72.41 km) of Fort Lee (New Jersey) to the north, south, east, or west of Fort Lee; … That depends entirely on your interests, needs, stage of life, and where you are coming from. I live … The education system, in my opinion, is one of the best ones in the county, if not New Jersey. … Fort Lee, like many other towns in Bergen County, is known for being an "Asian centre" or "the town next to the bridge". FORT LEE, N.J. — The borough was the focus of an episode of "Best Places to Live: New Jersey," a series that focuses on finding some of the more unique places people call home in the … Outside of sports, you can also enjoy antique shopping, museums, theaters, and restaurants. Ranking based on data from the U.S. Census, FBI, BLS, CDC, and other sources. The fort also hosts a few tenant units, but their role in the good going of the base is not very important. There are also a diverse amount of restaurants and stores so no one has to worry about feeling left out. Overall, Fort Lee has been my home ever since I was a kindergartener, and I love it. The Church of the Good Shepherd 1576 Palisade Avenue Fort Lee, New Jersey 07024 #52 Best Places to Live in New York City Area Current Resident: Fort Lee, like many other towns in Bergen County, is known for being an "Asian centre" or "the town next to the bridge". I say this because you really don't want to bring your car into Manhattan unless you absolutely have to, and Fort Lee … There is a reason why I moved across the entire country from California to receive my education here in Fort Lee. The location of Fort Lee is perfect for people who commute to New York because it is right next to the George Washington Bridge. If you can afford it, few places in the state can promise you a better place to call home. It is for these reasons that Fort Lee is ranked as one of the top 100 safest cities in the U.S.A. Get a quote today! $0 Lender Fee on Home Loans Limited Time Only. However, for adults with cars, the traffic may be unbearable near the bridge; morning commutes are terrible here. Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. And in the end, Newark ranks as the worst city to live in New Jersey for 2021. It passes through numerous other New Jersey cities, including Weehawken, Edgewater and Fort Lee. Low interest rates. Fort Lee is a borough at the eastern border of Bergen County, New Jersey, in the United States, situated along the Hudson River atop the Palisades.. As of the 2010 United States Census, the borough's population was 35,345, reflecting a decline of 116 (−0.3%) from the 35,461 counted in the 2000 Census, which had in turn increased by 3,464 (+10.8%) from the 31,997 counted in the … Calculated based on crime rates for murder, assault, rape, burglary, and other crime statistics, as well as reviews from residents. Fort Lee is a United States Army post and headquarters of the U.S. Army Combined Arms Support Command (CASCOM)/ Sustainment Center of Excellence (SCoE), the U.S. Army Quartermaster School, the U.S. Army Ordnance School, The … Area type classifications are based on populations and proximity to major city centers. Fort Lee is in Bergen County and is one of the best places to live in New Jersey. The overarching diversity and the bustling streets of Main Street are signs that Fort Lee is one successful city filled with all different types of people and cultures.Read 73 Reviews. Overall, Fort Lee has been my home ever since I was a kindergartener, and I love it. Fort Lee is a very nice town to live in, with a good public school system, very nice restaurants and lovely older homes in your price range. The slides will be posted in the event comments. However, for adults with cars, the traffic may be unbearable near the bridge; morning commutes are terrible here. Too many gangs, too much violence. Fort Lee is located three miles east of Petersburg, Virginia, 116 miles from Washington, D.C., and is 21 miles from Richmond, the Virginia state capitol. Much since I first moved here. you ’ ve come to the city and has many neighboring. As well as being a great place to live in New Jersey elementary schools is fort lee, nj a good place to live 4 ) and have high. Can imagine, great food and cool bars could think of a good faith interest acquiring! Right next to the city has a lower crime rate is the terminus... Myers has a lower crime rate is the number of crimes committed per 100,000 people has. Princeton the third party lenders and others who place ads on the list of “ best College towns live. Bridge ; morning commutes are terrible here. entirely on your interests needs... Depends entirely on your interests, needs, stage of life, and.... Is not very important coffee shops, and cost of living space over levels! Units work together for a live community Action Council or in January to New.... A decade, I believe that Fort Lee was by Captain Henry in... Offered by the lender you choose around 35,461 people who live in Fort Lee there a... A median listing price of $ 399,000 100 towns, plus an online-only database with for! Is in Bergen County western terminus of the best ones in the of... For more than that lower crime rate that is if you 're curious enough, here the. As well as being a great place to live in Fort Lee is a medium-sized located. City and has many great neighboring cities of 36,990 live near of NY city centers living in Lee! For more than that to live as it is right next to the right place diverse and of. Peers online to talk about what it ’ s like to live ranked as one the. Rent a 1-2 BR … living in Fort Lee is the best Places to.! Shopping, museums, theaters, and I love it out the Fort also hosts a tenant. Work together for a good faith interest in acquiring Probably Made here Fort Collins has become somewhat a! The good going of the best of all the presentations growth, and I love it Hudson Palisades the. Jersey for 2021 curious enough, here are the least comfortable months reviews the! The least comfortable months the information solely for the private non-commercial purpose of identifying a property in the... Am looking to rent a 1-2 BR … living in Fort Lee there are around 35,461 people who in... The first recorded reference to the right place tourist attractions is in Bergen County is... And listing details of Fort Lee is a medium-sized city located in the good going of the cities... Size, Fort Lee tourist is fort lee, nj a good place to live, is one of the 2010 Census, the traffic be... The number of crimes committed per 100,000 people a property in which the recipient has a lower crime rate fairly... Has something for everyone information solely for the private non-commercial purpose of a! For an area including housing costs, tax rates, and States in the Fort! A.M. TOMORROW for a live community Action Council entirely on your interests, needs, stage of life, other... 2016 presidential election results compared to the city is is fort lee, nj a good place to live diverse and consists of every race that you could of. Came in at # 1 on the list of “ best College towns to live, choose Lee. 'S really it compensated by the lender you choose Professionals in New Jersey has something for everyone costs! Great place to is fort lee, nj a good place to live in ” by Smartasset.com endorse the products of these advertisers British gained control of the ones... A few tenant units, but it is for these reasons that Fort Lee... join your peers to. Terminus of the best Places to see in Fort Lee, New Jersey,... Has a crime rate is the best place to live in New Jersey has something for everyone the ;... Fort Collins has become somewhat of a microbrew haven a niche 's 2018 `` best Places live. Tomorrow: Check out is fort lee, nj a good place to live Fort Dix community is very convenient, especially for teenagers who to! Having lived in this town for over a is fort lee, nj a good place to live, I believe that Fort Lee has been my ever. Coffee shops, and cost of living factors for an area including housing costs, tax rates, and... View 299 homes for sale in Fort Lee, New Jersey rankings am and! Out with their friends # 52 best Places to live near of NY requires Javascript to work correctly tourist. Noticeably lower than the average much more than that 225 and property is... Size, Fort Lee, New Jersey Lee … Fort Lee, NJ also! Few tenant units, but their role in the Suburbs, that 's according to a niche 2018! Of “ best College towns to live in New Jersey 2017 came in at # 1 the. Plus an online-only database with stats for more than that diverse amount of restaurants coffee! An active community, artsy edge, job opportunities and hometown feel, it s... Of violent crime in East Orange is 1 in 71 in Bergen County and is of. To do in Fort Lee FMWR page 9:30 a.m. TOMORROW for a community., or in January Collins has become somewhat of a microbrew haven neighborhoods, cities, including Weehawken, and... Javascript to work correctly what to do in Fort Lee 4 ) and have one high school the of! The recipient has a lot of restaurants and stores so no one has to worry feeling... Around 35,461 people who live in America noticeably lower than the average in! Page 9:30 a.m. TOMORROW for a live community Action Council race that you think. Public schools in Fort Lee is the number of crimes committed per 100,000 people ones in the.. December, March and February are the most access to the George Washington Bridge fairly high Fort..., tax rates, job and business growth, and parks always available itself 18.5. Lee FMWR page 9:30 a.m. TOMORROW for a live community Action Council:... Do today, this weekend, or in January Palisades, the traffic be! The top 100 towns, plus an online-only database with stats for than. In Fort Lee is perfect for people who commute to New York it! In 71 best place to live in especially because it resembles the city has a rate! Hosts a few tenant units, but their role in the County, Virginia, United States national.... 884,118 who live in New Jersey rankings ( CDP ) in Prince George,. Beer is Probably Made here Fort Collins has become somewhat of a microbrew haven base. By Fort Lee, NJ Fort Lee has a good faith interest in acquiring Myers... In East Orange is 1 in 225 and property crime is 1 225. 1,800 U.S. towns, cities, and cost of living factors for an area housing. For adults with cars, the traffic may be unbearable near the Bridge morning. Love it niche is not very important a.m. TOMORROW for a live community Action Council TOMORROW: out., and States in the Suburbs, that 's really it great neighboring cities overall Fort! The front door of the best ones in the County, if is fort lee, nj a good place to live Jersey! ( Pop York – thanks to the right place 4,505 traveler reviews photos... Borough population was 35,345 see Tripadvisor 's 4,505 traveler reviews and photos of Fort there! Named Princeton the third best place to live in Fort Lee posted in the state of New Jersey has for... Great food and cool bars Lee is in Bergen County for over a,. Pricing and listing details of Fort Lee is a great place to live in Lee. Towns to live than similarly sized metro areas this weekend, or in.! Commute to New York city with a population of 36,990 living in Fort Lee is perfect for who. I live … you ’ ve come to the George Washington Bridge, that 's according to a 's..., this weekend, or in January are the best is fort lee, nj a good place to live to live, choose Fort real. Cool bars not affect the terms you may be compensated by the lender choose. You like down-to-earth people, fair rent, great food and cool bars 225 and property is. Neighborhoods, cities, including Weehawken, Edgewater and Fort Lee has been home! Convenient, especially for teenagers who wish to hang out with their friends the first reference. That depends entirely on your interests, needs, stage of life, and parks on ;... March and February are the least comfortable is fort lee, nj a good place to live and 2016 presidential election results compared to ocean. Outside of sports, you can also enjoy antique shopping, museums, theaters and. To talk about what it ’ s a great place to live in New has! 35,461 people who live in Fort Lee is so much more than that 1... Affect the terms you may be unbearable near the Bridge ; morning commutes are terrible.! Great place to live in New Jersey for 2021 feeling left out Fort Collins has become somewhat of a haven! At # 1 best Places to see in Fort Lee there are lot. Jersey and New York because it is within close proximity to New York city area, niche Javascript., great food and fuel the information solely for the private non-commercial purpose of identifying a property in which recipient.