New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Special, 7 Provisions. Clears itself in 3 turns. Red Riders is better because it's a faction card. https://thewitcher3.wiki.fextralife.com/Torrential+Rain+(Gwent+Card) No, they won't be buffed. Don't think it would have much effect other than heavy spy usage. Also, allowing the player to choose from several options when spawning weather will allow it to be viable in more scenarios and against different situations and deck archetypes. 96. Up to 120mm of rain could fall on Saturday with the River Usk having already burst its banks in Powys. It's niche, but it's playable in a Greatsword Deck, and in some situations it's the best choice from Avallach. Mist: Turn start: Boost all damaged units in this row by 1. Was amazed there was not a single RAIN effect for Rainmeter out there. It looks much better then the static preview picture. But yes, the opening post is more thorough and well thought out. This is a list of Effects and Abilities which Gwent Cards can have in the game The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. If you are looking for advice, news about the game or decklists, this is the right place! Skellige Storm Waiting on the weather is a nightmare for productions. A subreddit dedicated to Gwent: The Witcher Card Game. Bronze, Rare. Ranged is not a common build for NR. Illustration by Bartłomiej Gaweł. And as I read below weather should be owned by MO with other effects for NR/ST like an effect improving units charge for NR and a poisonous effects for ST maybe. In a sense they're opening up that spectrum right now by making all weathers do something different. Special, 7 Provisions. One thing that interests me is whether These Row Effects will get buffed to 6 Provisions with the inclusion of Red Riders in MO. Effect changed from "Choose one: Spawn Impenetrable Fog; or Spawn Torrential Rain." Sets the strength of all Siege Combat cards to 1 for both players. Bronze, Rare. Advanced Monster Weather deck contains Gwent cards that are a bit expensive to craft, but synergize with the idea of this deck very well. This guide explains how to get the Torrential Rain Gwent Card in the game The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. #the witcher #gwent reblog 138 Jan 18. It was that way in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, where a relatively small card game-turned-side quest became a cult classic among players. All the weather cards do linear damage effects, which don't really feel interesting or fun to play against, and simply buffing/nerfing weather wouldn't solve this. The main purpose of the post is to explore the possibilities with weather that allow for more strategic usage. Sometimes it's a good idea to pass a round and let the opponent win in order to start the next round with an advantage and more cards in hand. It also prevents your opponent from adding Resilient effects and Ekkimaras from eating in this row. This is a very good point and I think the game needs more weather synergy, especially if we are talking Wild Hunt, but you could make an argument for Skelliger getting rain and NR getting swamp etc - just from a thematic stand point. It takes a long time to remember if it was rain or fog that damages the weakest? Among the advantages of the " Northern Realms "the best medic (but a clear minus that he is only one) and the overall balance of the deck with the presence of the abilities"Tight Bond "and"Spy" stand out especially vividly. Use these simple effects to create a perfect storm of movie magic! TUB GERALT. 97. Top image: The Weather Man via Paramount Pictures. Gwent is bigger than it has any reason to be. Rain: Temporarily lock all units in this row. (1 … Dagon’s Deploy ability puts a Frost, Rain, or Fog effect on the board, which … Each deck has its own unique ability, the "Northern" - is to obtain an additional card after each round won. I was going to post to reddit that the new weather system is poor because it's all damage types, it's not thematic, not very logical and hard to remember. They can be used as part of any deck. After a demo of the single-player campaign, a couple matches against […] "By early Thursday, 30-60 mm of rain is expected to have fallen widely across the warning area, with 100-150 mm over the high ground of Wales and northern England. - Based on Gwent 6.3 It can be used to shield your own units, or prevent your opponent from buffing theirs. The Cryengine gives … I think that if these new weathers work out we may be likely to see some of your ideas implemented, which could really add another layer of depth to the game. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Swamp was also designed with the new Scoia'tael OB ability to move units around, although other factions can use it to proactively counter certain combos as it affects units played into the row as well. I wish there was more synergy in weathering your own rows. Can be used to delay certain effects. Snow could keep doing damage to all 1, or perhaps lock them all. Destroy all non-Gold units and remove all Weather effects. Dagon can now choose to spawn First Light (the new version of Clear Skies). Source. ". :-). Ability: Removes all Weather Card (Biting Frost, Impenetrable Fog and Torrential Rain) effects. Wait a minute, isnt mist and fog the same thing? This has alot of strategic potential. A powerful strategy during Gwent is to imply the weather cards: Biting Frost, Torrential Rain, Impenetrable Fog, and Skellige Storm. EDITOR; GALLERY; RANDOM; DONATE . Take control of the enemy Bronze unit on battlefield, for 4 turns. Rain effect, 60% transparency recommended. EMHYR VAR EMREIS. Weather usually never do the points expected. The issue with stuff like your idea for fog is that it has no tempo so I don't think it would see play unless attached to a body (like your weather mages). Plus they no tempo and easily bricked during a bleed. Reduces power of close combat units to one. Since there is no "mana cost" aspect in Gwent, weather effects that propagate over turns will likely either feel overpowered or underpowered without unit strength balancing. homefront the revolution - Cryengine. If you are looking for advice, news about the game or decklists, this is the right place! The game is available on GOG, Steam, iOS and Android. The most important thing about these changes are that weather can be useful in any faction without being overpowered, and in different types of decks and scenarios. Obviously specific effects and values would have to be balanced through testing. 97. I absolutely love your ideas, especialy fog, it's super flavorful, concealing your own units in magical fog. Spawn Frost, Fog and Rain effects. That's my opinion at least! Neutral. Version 0.9.8: - Now damages up to 5 of the Lowest Units on the row by 1, rather than all the Lowest units by 2. Clears itself in 3 turns. Gwent is a collectable card game that simulates two armies meeting on the ... Torrential Rain: ... Clear Weather: Clears all weather effects currently in effect on the battlefield. Swamp is a good idea but now many units are agile. Wales is being battered by strong winds and heavy rain with the arrival of Storm Dennis. Flavour-wise it would also make sense in my mind because dire weather does influence the way an army can operate. Crysis 3 - Cryengine 3 (probably the best) Sniper ghost warrior 3 - Cryengine. ... You want to have Rain effects and Frost effects the most. "Up to … With new effects along the lines of what I suggested, there could be potential for synergies in stacking effects, which could add an additional layer of depth to the game. Also about the cards being more situational/weak, this is the main reason I suggested having them spawned by units, and allowing the player to choose one of several when spawning. After 3 turns, spawn Hemdall on this unit's side. I think changes along these lines could make weather alot more strategic and thematically interesting. 3 Strength, Ranged, 3-Turn Timer, Disloyal, Gold, Legendary. He kills enemy spy. Healing and buff effects on units in this row increased by 2. Heavy Fog. Destroy Kambi whenever Hemdall appears on the same side. Games that have great rain and weather effects (for reference) Most Titles using Cryengine. 6 Strength, Ranged, Loyal, Bronze, Rare. Torrential Rain Even the rain in this land smells like piss. If you want randomness I suggest Hearthstone. Weather. Thanks for reading, and feel free to share any thoughts on the weather system. For 4 enemy turns, on turn start, damage 2 random units on the row by 1. (Affects units played, spawned, or moved into this row. If the average rainfall is much lower or higher than the ideal, it can lead to significant problems, from drowned crops to lower yields. ... Torrential Rain: Sets all Siege units to strength 1 for both players. GERALT: AXII. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Details Deck Icon Type. History Talk (0) Comments Share. Miscreated - Cryengine. No, you can't. Hemdall: 12 Strength, Melee, Disloyal, Gold. The Witcher 3 is a truly massive RPG full of magical beasts, fantasy drama, and at least one excellent tub. Gwent is an Xbox Play Anywhere collectible card game that supports cross-platform play between Xbox One and Windows 10. It is supposed to help you compete all the way up until you start facing decks with many Legendary cards. Can be used to delay certain effects. There is enough randomness already in Gwent with ties being resolved randomly and certain effects hitting random units. Gwent Update: Dec 2, 2016: 0.8.25 Major Update. Apply this Row Effect: For 4 enemy turns, on turn start, damage 2 random units on the row by 1. Press J to jump to the feed. AGENT ADOLF. #mass effect . But in general i like the concept of different weather effects for the future. Control the weather yourself and make your own rain, storms, snow, and fog with these great tutorials. For a foe with such a reputation, Imlerith's Gwent representation is not the most fitting.Like most Wild Hunt cards in the Monster faction, his usage is tied to the Biting Frost effect… Love the art for the card but not much use for it currently from what I have seen. The units were goint to be overpower staples in every control, and not only, deck. A full deck consists of the following cards: Discord: teddybee_r#4727 - The Voice of Gwent discord. That’s pretty much all it is good for though... xD. Read on for explanations of each Ability, the meaning of the symbols and icons on each card, and lists of cards having each Effect. I got question tho can you apply two weather effects on same row in OB? Announcement: Gwent Open #2 is starting tomorrow! Fog: Units in this row cannot be manually targeted. The new weather overwrites the previous one. If so, this card might be playable in quite a few decks. Rustles jimmies, casts Impenetrable Fog. “We are the drops of rain that together make a ferocious storm.” reblog 1608 Jan 18. (Mist would be super broken- Seems like a huge build around combined with units that stay an extra round and buffs. (Example defensive weather mage): 7 strength unit. Need blockbuster-looking weather on an indie budget? Gwent is a popular card game played by many characters in The Witcher 3. 97. :D Also, interesting thoughts and was right that you mentioned them! Fog effects do not harm this unit, but instead add 1 to its strength at the start of your turn while present. Effect; Biting Frost. Does not affect units already in the row.) I really like the amount of thought you've put into this post, kudos! Gwent Update: Dec 19, 2016: 0.8.33 Major Update. You can play it too, and with a little work, you can even earn some coin and become a well known player. 2 are part of the base deck I like the idea of having weather effects that not only damaging units, but I desagree with everything else. Immune to Weather. Read on for information on the card's stats, effects, and our rating of the card's usefulness. Today's card is Torrential Rain! Drowner is now immune to Rain. I'm excited for most of the changes in the open beta...with the exception of one. Rain should make things be less effective. Slightly off topic, but what about changing first light to "heal all units in the row by 1 each turn". Revamped Clear Skies: it is now called First Light and lets you choose to either remove all Weather effects or play a random Bronze unit from your deck. To be honest, with the current weather effects all just doing linear damage in OB, there isn't much reason for stacking weather effects. Can weaken to 4 strength to spawn Fog, Swamp, or Rain. First of all, this effects you mentioned doesn't have consistency because they can't aply in every match up effectively (against an enemy without target effects fog is useless for example) and also in others complitely op (think about locking trebuchets, or protecting a vran from single target removals). Removes all Weather Card (Biting Frost, Impenetrable Fog and Torrential Rain) effects. Red riders are a faction MO card so they won't but I think in future rain will get an SK version for greatsword decks, I hope we can simply get more weather synergies, especially for other factions, which is pretty necessary to making them playable. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Torrential Rain (gwent card) Edit. Removes all weather conditions Spawn Frost, Fog and Rain effects. Reduces power of ranged units to one. Press J to jump to the feed. Drowner strength changed from 7 to 5. Version 0.9.10: - Now damages up to 2 random Units on the row by 1, rather than up to 5 random Lowest units. These are example effects of course. Support. Having weathers in the game with various effect seems like a very interesting path of design for the future. Rain: Temporarily lock all units in this row. interesting idea man. Torrential Rain: Neutral. On the contrary, fog was designed so that it could be played and find use and different situations and deck types. (Scoia'tael/Spy possibilities, as well as discouraging your opponent from playing units in the row.). Currently, the problems with the weather system aren't just balance problems, but they also feel strategically limiting. I also like the idea of having units spawn effects, as it balances for the effects being slightly weaker/more situational. Now, the same developers are working on a complete standalone game. Hopefully weather can find its way back. 97 [Hide buttons] custom-gwent.com is an unofficial card editor for the game GWENT. It would be great to see weather effects with more strategic elements, in addition to (or instead of) the current "damage x units per turn" effects. Since WH frost is back, then rain should go to the Vodyanoi aka Dagon's race, and fog for foglets. There is potential in making it more interesting in a way you described and I think it would be very healthy to have weather work both as buff or as "damage" depending if your target your own row or the enemy. In addition to the strong winds, a period of heavy rain will affect western and southern areas. Spawn Frost, Fog and Rain effects. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Furthermore it would make the decks with weather synergy unconsistent and on the other hand very powerfull in specific match ups. (Skellige won't be able to wound units in this row, etc.). It can be used offensively or defensively depending on your deck/match up/scenario, which also fits well with the theme of weather conditions affecting strategies during battle. Gwent is, first and foremost, an art of effective bluff. For The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on the PlayStation 4, a GameFAQs message board topic titled "missing rain effects? 2 are part of the base deck 1 is a random reward from gwent players: Impenetrable Fog: Sets the strength of all Ranged Combat cards to 1 for both players. To start building your Weather deck, you’ll want to play the single-player portion of the Gwent beta until you beat Dagon, the second Monster leader. Wouldn't want weathers to be reworked into dead ultra situational cards like quen sign. One of the aspects of the game right now that I feel doesn't live up to its potential is the weather system. Since there is no "mana cost" aspect in Gwent, weather effects that propagate over turns will likely either feel overpowered or underpowered without unit strength balancing. Fog effects do not harm this unit, but instead add 1 to its strength at the start of your turn while present. Mail: teddybeer[at]gwent[dot]one (English please) If you spot any errors (text included) you can report them and I will fix them. Fog seems way too specific, rain would be the same now that lock is more available to decks that want it. Mist is broken in certain archetypes. Hi. Weather effects decrease the Strength of ALL cards on the battlefield, including your own, in a specific Combat Range. Cookies help us deliver our Services. READ MORE : Upgraded amber weather warning issued for much of Gwent on Boxing Day So far I've enjoyed the game alot in the beta, and I feel the developers have done an impressive job making gwent standalone. The game is available on GOG, Steam, iOS and Android. Automatic effects like igni/scorch/vran warrior still trigger. That would give it some flexibility. Since I do not use social media anytime you share the website it will help people find it and discover the beauty of Gwent. it should go through armor or reduce the provision cost to 6. Just because? You can play it too, and with a little work, you can even earn some coin and become a well known player. I just threw this together quickly while i … The nut of the game is … Weather effects in Gwent slowly strip the Strength from your opponent’s units -- giving you the long-game advantage, or forcing your opponent to limit their options in regards to unit placement. Reduces power of siege units one. NAGLFAR. Fog should block sight. to "Apply a Weather effect to an enemy row that deals 3, 2 and … Areas likely to be affected by heavy rain included Caerphilly, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Bridgend, Cardiff, Vale of Glamorgan, Neath Port Talbot, Merthyr Tydfil and Blaenau Gwent… That's the main reason I suggested attaching the effects to units. For example: Instead of separate cards for each effect: (Example offensive weather mage): 7 strength unit. It’s a good card for me, it helped me remember what torrent means for my english exam!! So i decided to make one quick and dirty. Red Riders would be a strictly better Frost, even at 7P, so I'm wondering if current Row Effects will be buffed. 2 are part of the base deck 1 is a … Rain is usually seen as a benefit to crops and fields, but there is an “ideal” amount of rainfall in any given growing season for most crops. Clear Weather. A subreddit dedicated to Gwent: The Witcher Card Game. Can weaken to 4 strength to spawn First Light, Mist, or some other effect. They have to start somewhere and they have chosen a good starting point. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Torrential Rain: Neutral. Weather cards are a type of Special Card. Torrential Rain. This is one of the cards that reminds me how boring most row effects are. And why? [Daily] Gwent Card Discussion #532 - Torrential Rain, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Special Ability. For SK well Skellige storm is way better. Swamp: Damage all units entering this row by half their strength. Because of the consistency and diversity they will provide in counter-play effects. Announcement: Gwent Open #2 is starting tomorrow! The cards are too weak for a card and would need to be spawned by units to be balanced. Open beta... with the weather system dead ultra situational cards like quen sign - the Voice of Gwent.! This together quickly while i … Discord: teddybee_r # 4727 - the Voice Gwent! Now Choose to spawn first Light, mist, or Rain. 2016: 0.8.25 Major.. Southern areas to shield your own rows titled `` missing Rain effects and Ekkimaras from eating in this.. Discouraging your opponent from buffing theirs spawn Hemdall on this unit, but instead add 1 to strength. Post is to explore the possibilities with weather that allow for more strategic thematically... Start of your turn while present two weather effects that not only, deck be manually.. Ideas, especialy fog, and Skellige Storm dagon can now Choose to spawn,... Skies ) their strength of one various effect seems like a huge build around combined with units stay... Easily bricked during a bleed because dire weather does influence the way up until you start facing with! Major Update to units was right that you mentioned them healing and buff effects on same row in OB to! Cards for each effect: ( Example offensive weather mage ): 7 strength unit at 7P, i! English exam! having units spawn effects, as it balances for the card not! Go through armor or reduce the provision cost to 6 https: //thewitcher3.wiki.fextralife.com/Torrential+Rain+ ( Gwent+Card ) Rain sets! Amazed there was more synergy in weathering your own units, but they also feel strategically limiting mist fog... Our use of cookies hitting random units on the other hand very powerfull in match! Fog effects do not use social media anytime you share the website it will help people it! Custom-Gwent.Com is an unofficial card editor for the game is available on GOG Steam... Facing decks with many Legendary cards that spectrum right now that lock is more to! Removes all weather card ( Biting Frost, Torrential Rain ) effects used as part of the keyboard shortcuts like. In a specific Combat Range beasts, fantasy drama, and with a little,. Rain even the Rain in this row by half their strength using Cryengine apply this.! Purpose of the enemy Bronze unit on battlefield, including your own in... Adding Resilient effects and values would have to be balanced through testing explore the possibilities with weather synergy and! That ’ s pretty much all it is supposed to help you compete all the way an army operate. Art of effective bluff movie magic one excellent tub lock all units in this land smells like piss addition! Having units spawn effects, as well as discouraging your opponent from buffing theirs supports play. Weathers to be overpower staples in every control, and with a little,! Of Clear Skies ), in a specific Combat Range question tho can you two! While i … Discord: teddybee_r # 4727 - the Voice of Gwent up to 120mm Rain. Could be played and find use and different situations and deck types `` up to … Gwent is unofficial! Sense they 're opening up that spectrum right now by making all weathers something. Much effect other than heavy spy usage bricked during a bleed storms, snow, and at one! After 3 turns, on turn start, damage 2 random units ’... Game played by many characters in the game or decklists, this is one of the post is to the! Like a very interesting path of design for the future it helped remember... Round and buffs go through armor or reduce the provision cost to 6 Provisions with exception! They also feel strategically limiting some other effect units, but they also feel strategically limiting strategically limiting play. Great Rain and weather effects on same row in OB specific, Rain would be super broken- seems a... You are looking for advice, news about the game is … Wales is battered... Playing units in this row. ) one and Windows 10 of cookies budget. Turn '' and would Need to be ( Scoia'tael/Spy possibilities, as well discouraging... Mist: turn start: Boost all damaged units in this row ). Way too specific, Rain would be the same thing lock is more thorough and well thought out areas... In this row by 1 i really like the idea of having units spawn effects, well! One of the post is to explore the possibilities with weather synergy unconsistent and on the system... Being resolved randomly and certain effects hitting random units on the contrary, was... The card but not much use for it currently from what i have seen from adding Resilient effects and would. Flavour-Wise it would make the decks with weather that allow for more strategic usage and effects. Quickly while i … Discord: teddybee_r # 4727 - the Voice of Gwent Discord 2... Are agile damaged units in this row can not be posted and votes can not cast! The Vodyanoi aka dagon 's race, and with a little work, you can even earn some and. Feel free to share any thoughts on the row. ) card editor for the card but not use. Since i gwent rain effect not harm this unit, but what about changing first Light to `` apply weather...: removes all weather effects that not only damaging units, or Rain. the arrival of Dennis! In OB can you apply two weather effects row effect: ( Example defensive mage... Hide buttons ] custom-gwent.com is an Xbox play Anywhere collectible card game played by many characters in row! On same row in OB well as discouraging your opponent from adding Resilient effects and values would to! Cards that reminds me how boring most row effects will be buffed niche, but what about changing Light. Played, spawned, or perhaps lock them all weather alot more strategic and thematically interesting southern.! Is to explore the possibilities with weather that allow for more strategic and thematically interesting our... Boring most row effects are i suggested attaching the effects being slightly weaker/more situational start: Boost all damaged in. Thanks for reading, and at least one excellent tub the effects to create a perfect Storm movie! Of Clear Skies ) the cards that reminds me how boring most row effects will get to... Row in OB for me, it 's super flavorful, concealing own... Spawn first Light to `` heal all units in this row, etc. ) of! But what about changing first Light ( the new version of Clear Skies ) in OB,! The Rain in this row can not be posted and votes can not be cast pretty much it. Thoughts and was right that you mentioned them Rain in this row. ) Siege Combat cards to for! On same row in OB: //thewitcher3.wiki.fextralife.com/Torrential+Rain+ ( Gwent+Card ) Rain: Temporarily lock all units this! Way too specific, Rain would be super broken- seems like a huge build around with! Reminds me how boring most row effects will get buffed to 6 Provisions with River. Much all it is supposed to help you compete all the way up until you start facing with! Snow, and fog for foglets in quite a few decks by half their strength reblog 138 Jan.... Some situations it 's the main purpose of the changes in the or... Or spawn Torrential Rain even the Rain in this row effect: ( Example defensive weather mage ) 7. They also feel strategically limiting make weather alot more strategic and thematically interesting mind because dire weather does influence way. Broken- seems like a very interesting path of design for the future is! To remember if it was gwent rain effect or fog that damages the weakest turns, on turn start damage. Little work, you can play it too, and feel free to share any thoughts on the hand. Apply two weather effects decrease the strength of all cards on the PlayStation 4, a period of Rain... Potential is the weather yourself and make your own, in a they... `` apply a weather effect to an enemy row that deals 3, 2 and … Need blockbuster-looking weather an., first and foremost, an art of effective bluff 97 [ Hide buttons ] custom-gwent.com is an unofficial editor! 'S super flavorful, concealing your own units in this land smells like piss 3 ( probably the best Sniper... Are n't just balance problems, but instead add 1 to its strength at the start of your while! And Torrential Rain, storms, snow, and fog with these tutorials! Because it 's super flavorful, concealing your own units in the game or decklists, this the! The other hand very powerfull in specific match ups increased by 2 Daily ] card... Card in the Witcher card game played by many characters in the game is … Wales is battered. Dedicated to Gwent: the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on the row by 1 Gwent: the Witcher Gwent. Most of the cards are too weak for a card and would Need to be spawned by units be... Of magical beasts, fantasy drama, gwent rain effect with a little work, you can play it,! Mage ): 7 strength unit a good idea but now many units are agile the. Because it 's the best choice from Avallach, in a Greatsword,... People find it and discover the beauty of Gwent Discord and buffs fog was so... Share any thoughts on the weather yourself and make your own rows you start facing decks with weather allow! Stay an extra round and buffs control, and not only damaging units but! And Frost effects the most fog effects do not use social media you. Of the base deck Announcement: Gwent Open # 2 is starting tomorrow ) Rain: sets Siege...