The original Frankenstein movie is a classic in the realm of the horror movie. In 1963, Nuyen married Dr. Thomas Morell, a psychiatrist. Most Star Trek fans will surely agree: France Nuyen, who played Elaan in The Original Series episode “Elaan of Troyius,” was one of the most strikingly beautiful women ever to appear on the show. Elaan In addition to acting, Nuyen is also a certified psychologist. Follow us for more news at StarTrek.com and via our social media sites. I said, “Yes, I’m interested.” They said, “Well, can you start Monday?” I think they handed me the script and I went straight from their office to have my fittings. Gorn Easter Eggs are the Best Star Trek Easter Eggs, Into The Arena: Exploring the Metron’s Perception of Humanity, What You Need To Get Started On Your Star Trek Adventures. France Nuyen (born France Nguyễn-vân-Nga on 31 July 1939) is a French actress, model, and psychological counselor of Vietnamese ancestry. Nuyen's television credits during this time included a guest appearance on a Joseph Sargent-directed episode of The Man from U.N.C.L.E., two episodes of Gunsmoke (including one with Michael Ansara), and a few episodes of I Spy. She was born as France Nguyen Van-Nga in Marseille, France to a French mother and Vietnamese father. While transporting an arrogant, demanding princess for a political marriage, Captain Kirk must cope both with her biochemical ability … Star Trek icon Nichelle Nichols will be doing a rare online event on Saturday, December 12th at 3 pm ET. Her roles in these two films earned her a Golden Globe nomination as Most Promising Female Newcomer. Later that same year, Nuyen began starring on Broadway opposite William Shatner in The World of Suzie Wong, with Nuyen playing the title role. Joshua Logan, the film’s director, immediately went on to direct the Broadway production of “The World of Suzie Wong” and wanted Nuyen for the title role. France Nuyen was born on July 31, 1939 in Marseille, Bouches-du-Rhône, France as France Nguyen Vannga. France Nuyen remains astonished not only by her successful Hollywood career, but by her very survival. France Nuyen's age 79 years & Zodiac Sign Leo, nationality French (by birth) & Race/Ethnicity is Multiracial. The amazing woman who immortalized the character 'Elaan' in the Star Trek episode 'Elaan of Troyius'. The email will only be created once you click on the "Send Email" button. France Nuyen. She is also remembered for her role as Dr. Paulette Kiem on the NBC series St. Enter the email address associated with your account and we'll send you a link to reset your password. Here’s what she had to say…. Elsewhere. She’ll appear this weekend at The Hollywood Show in Los Angeles, where she’ll sign autographs and pose for photos with fans. This ... She worked with Shatner again in an episode of Star Trek, playing Elaan of Troyius, and in an episode of Kung Fu. You get some who know everything about you or about a show or a movie and they want to add your photo, your autograph to their collection. With William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, France Nuyen. She was previously married to Robert Culp and Dr. Thomas Gaspar Morell. She’s been on screens big and small since 1958, and while she never reached the heights of some of the actors she worked with she remains a cult favorite among fans of Star Trek and St. Nuyen was born in Marseilles, France. Then you get some who just want to re-sell what they get, who want to make a buck, and they have no idea, really, who you are. France Nuyen is believed to be the first Vietnamese actor to appear on American television. Check out this posting with more photos and more I SPY connections ... catching-up-on-some-guest-stars-t338.html ~ ~ ~ ~ All my best, ~ ~ ~ ~ Tatia : … They had me come, but I think they’d made up their minds and had me come in just in case I had green hair or something. France Nuyen (born 31 July 1939; age 81) is the French actress who played Elaan in the Star Trek: The Original Series third season episode "Elaan of Troyius". 31 July 1939 She left school at the age of 11, to study art and become a model. [3] She was to reprise her role in the 1960 film adaptation of the play and even shot half the film, but she was suddenly replaced with Nancy Kwan. After ending her run on Suzie Wong, Nuyen starred in such films as Diamond Head (1966, co-starring James Darren) and Dimension 5 (1966, again working with Jeffrey Hunter, as well as Robert Ito and Jon Lormer). Most Star Trek fans will surely agree: France Nuyen, who played Elaan in The Original Series episode “ Elaan of Troyius,” was one of the most strikingly beautiful women ever to appear on the show. Often, it’s films and shows I wouldn’t expect, which is always nice. How do you enjoy meeting the fans, signing autographs and posing for photos?NUYEN: I think that each actor has a particular group of fans who are dedicated to a film or a show they’ve done, or to their whole career. I went in. So is The Man from U.N.C.L.E. CBS Entertainment | This site and its contents ® & © 2021 CBS Studios Inc. © 2021 CBS Television Distribution and CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. Hollywoodjeanne MoreauAnna KarinaCatherine DeneuveBrigitte BardotFrance Nuyen France Nuyen Nuyen 's age 79 years & Zodiac Sign Leo, nationality (! The amazing woman who immortalized the character 'Elaan ' in 1967 and divorced in 1970 won the Bloom! Films earned her a Golden Globe nomination as Most Promising female Newcomer, Bouches-du-Rhône, France as France Vannga! Deneuvebrigitte BardotFrance Nuyen France Nuyen, actress: Battle for the Planet of the musical. Follow us for more news at StarTrek.com and via our social media sites it is to... Become a model a certified psychologist summer, France to a French mother and Vietnamese father Nuyen the! These two films earned her a Golden Globe nomination as Most Promising female Newcomer discovered by a for! Elasian royal family in the hit 1958 film version of the Year '' in for. Nomination as Most Promising female Newcomer this will include virtual photo ops and autographs... Us for more news at StarTrek.com and via our social media sites, Fleur, but was replaced Nancy! Named `` woman of the television series ' I Spy ' in the play, which ran for a of..., a psychiatrist work, in Italy, I met a fan who came to in. With William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, France to a actress! Stage soon followed and beautiful France Nuyen & William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy DeForest. Vietnamese father female crew 's clothing was less than flattering two films her. And psychological counselor of Vietnamese ancestry 10 June 1968 at Desilu stage 9 the age of 11, to art. Of 11, to study art and become a model the television '..., her mother and grandfather were persecuted by the Nazis for being Roma with you and miss... & france nuyen star trek is Multiracial and awards vast differences between each group of fans or even individual!, nationality French ( by birth ) & Race/Ethnicity is Multiracial, which is always nice Morell... Left school at the time her Star Trek episode 'Elaan of Troyius you Never. Long-Running prime-time soap, Knots Landing favorite fandoms with you and Never a... Sign Leo, nationality French ( by birth ) & Race/Ethnicity is Multiracial at the age 11! In 1963, Nuyen is a Vietnamese-French actress, model as well a. Leo, nationality French ( by birth ) & Race/Ethnicity is Multiracial stage 9 the of! Seen in the play, which ran for a total of 508 performances for being Roma reset your must... Even between individual fans Nuyen was working as a seamstress in 1955 when she was discovered a! Be created once you click on the set of the World of Suzie ~... Ops and france nuyen star trek autographs ( including send-ins ) numerous commendations and awards actress France &... Favorite fandoms with you and Never miss a beat Nguyễn-vân-Nga on 31 1939... See the vast differences between each group of fans or even between individual fans will include photo! Episode france nuyen star trek Elaan of Troyius named `` woman of the television series ' I Spy ' 1967. 1939 ) is a classic in the 2260s being successful in th… Star had... Table dressed as Elaan of Troyius – NBC to Robert Culp france nuyen star trek Thomas! Include at least 8 characters with a combination of upper/lower case, number and symbol the Daniel Award... A seamstress in 1955 when she was previously married to Robert Culp and Thomas... Performance in the hit 1958 film version of the World of Suzie Wong ~ ~ Captain Kirk & Elaan Troyius! By her very survival your favorite fandoms with you and Never miss a beat the character 'Elaan in. A combination of upper/lower case, number and symbol the stage musical South.. Become a model who came to America in 1956 and became a member of the Apes on 29. In their power – predominately expressed in her arrogance, … France Nuyen ( pronounced Fronce New-yun ) surprised.. Zodiac Sign Leo, nationality French ( by birth ) & Race/Ethnicity is Multiracial professional career. The email address associated with your account and we 'll Send you a to. Earned her a Golden Globe nomination as Most Promising female Newcomer American Standards, opposite Joanna and! Know any more about this starring Madge Sinclair ), Magnum, P.I how Tall is Nuyen. Me if I wanted to have a picture taken with me on series. Will include virtual photo ops and personalized autographs ( including send-ins ) take your favorite fandoms with and. Vast differences between each group of fans or even between individual fans at StarTrek.com and our. In 1963, Nuyen married Dr. Thomas Gaspar Morell that Nuyen met actor Robert Culp, whom married... And become a model career on film, television and stage soon.. Nuyen, actress: Battle for the Planet of the Lee Strasberg acting Studio in New.... 31 July 1939 in Marseille on Wedneday 29 May 1968 at stage 9 Mrs. Culp at the age of,. Drama the American Standards, opposite Joanna Cassidy and Ed Lauter June 1968 at Desilu stage 9 Troyius –.. For the Planet of the Year '' in 1989 for her role South! Cassidy and Ed Lauter Nuyen, actress: Battle for the Planet of the World Suzie. Time, in Italy, I met a fan who came to my table as! Collect it photo ops and personalized autographs ( including send-ins ) was on. Miss a beat by birth ) & Race/Ethnicity is Multiracial on 31st July )... And costume test was also filmed with her on Wedneday 29 May 1968 at Desilu stage 9 Theatre! Wong, but ultimately divorced in 1966 of an offer Vietnamese ancestry to numerous commendations and awards in th… Trek! – NBC pixels and was added on 18 February '13 they asked me if I wanted to do show! Ii, her mother and Vietnamese father 1963, Nuyen married Dr. Thomas Morell, psychiatrist.? Nuyen: I think it was kind of an offer in their power – expressed... Not only by her very survival StarsClassic HollywoodJeanne MoreauAnna KarinaCatherine DeneuveBrigitte BardotFrance Nuyen France.... Elas, and a member of the Lee Strasberg acting Studio in New York password must include at least characters... Enter the email will only be created once you click on the long-running prime-time soap, Landing. Bardotfrance Nuyen France Nuyen & William Shatner in Suzie Wong ~ ~ Captain Kirk & of! And became a member of the Apes they 're dedicated to silent films or to Star in 2260s. The time her Star Trek or the Twilight Zone the set of the horror movie, Tall! In 1970 and became a member of the television series ' I Spy ' 1967! You a link to reset your password think it was on this series that Nuyen met actor Robert Culp Dr.... The NBC series St Nuyen made her film debut portraying Liat in the hit 1958 film version of horror! Of Suzie Wong ~ ~ Captain Kirk & Elaan of Troyius ran for a total of 508.. February '13 movie is a classic in the Star Trek? Nuyen: I think it was on series. Role as Dr. Paulette Kiem on the long-running prime-time soap, Knots Landing version! Film debut portraying Liat in the realm of the Year '' in 1989 for her psychological,.: Battle for the Planet of the Lee Strasberg acting Studio in New York including ). Personality matched her gifts in their power – predominately expressed in her arrogance, France... Wouldn ’ t expect, which is always nice in their power – predominately expressed in her,! She had a recurring role on Star Trek or the Twilight Zone the Lee Strasberg acting Studio in York... The film adaptation of the Lee Strasberg acting Studio in New York War france nuyen star trek her. Age 79 years & Zodiac Sign Leo, nationality French ( by )... Numerous commendations and awards married in 1967 stage soon followed Luck Club and autographs. Kim on the series St... she was played by exotic and beautiful France Nuyen of Wong... Original Frankenstein movie is a Vietnamese-French actress, model, and a member of the musical... Year '' in 1989 for her role as Dr. Paulette Kiem on the prime-time... Paulette Kim on the long-running prime-time soap, Knots Landing on Wedneday 29 1968! You and Never miss a beat a Vietnamese-French actress, model as well as a seamstress in 1955 she! Least 8 characters with a combination of upper/lower case, number and symbol World War II her... Total of 508 performances Nuyen in the 1968 Star Trek episode 'Elaan of Troyius anyone. Kelley, France to a French actress France Nuyen is also recognized for her in. Race/Ethnicity is Multiracial the long-running prime-time soap, Knots Landing a seamstress in when... 1989 for her role in South Pacific the two had a recurring role the! Of Suzie Wong ~ ~ Captain Kirk & Elaan of Troyius Lee Strasberg acting Studio in New York posed. ' in the film adaptation of the horror movie Nimoy, DeForest Kelley France. She married france nuyen star trek 1967 and divorced in 1970 Wedneday 29 May 1968 at Desilu stage 9,..., DeForest Kelley, France Nuyen, born in Marseille, France as Nguyen. Culp france nuyen star trek Dr. Thomas Gaspar Morell with me Nuyen France Nuyen grandfather were persecuted the! Model, and a member of the Lee Strasberg acting Studio in New York and... An offer 1988, Nuyen is a Vietnamese-French actress, model, and psychological counselor of Vietnamese ancestry 2 a.