All went well except for one item I cant seem to figure out how to fix. I've had this problem off and on since the iPhone 6. Click the iPhone icon at the top left, then select Music under Settings in the lefthand menu. Prevent iPhone from syncing automatically. Step 1. This app can quickly and accurately detect and remove duplicate photos, songs, videos, documents, iTunes duplicates, Photos duplicates, etc. "I have duplicate songs on both my iMac and iPhone 5S. Step 1: You need to refer to the first two steps in Part 1 to show all duplicated items in iTunes library. Step 2. Step 5. Duplicate Music Files Finder also comes with a built-in set of tools for managing your files. Step 4. Step 2. e.g. Just went into settings > music > downloaded songs and deleted all at once. With unique clean-up Duplicates entry technology, imElfin Tunes Cleaner automatically filter duplicate songs according to iTunes songs tag: song name, artist, album, genre, etc. 4. Don't know why the people on the Apple forum have to try and make it so complicated. Clean up your iTunes Music Library. Simple, I though, I'll just delete the duplicate. Read this tutorial to know how to delete duplicate songs on iPhone automatically. After the scan is finished, Under the Music tab, you can find all the duplicates. Select all songs in iTunes > delete them. Thanks for the insight. Simple, I though, I'll just delete the duplicate. You can select the duplicate songs and delete them. To begin with, please connect your iPhone device to the computer via USB cable, Then launch the program and then it will automatically detect the device you have connected. Press the Alt key(Windows 7 & 8),Shift key (Earlier … Step 1. iTunes allows users to manage data on the iPhone, iPod and iPad devices.The data can be music or other multimedia files and if they are not managed properly, duplicates of the same track may exist.It is possible to display and then remove duplicate tracks in the iTunes library to save memory. There's also a quick tag editor and you can play duplicate files to check them before deletion. Also on the iPad as well. For some reason, all music got doubled up. 2015-12-15 11:39:40 / Posted by Keisha Alice to iOS Recovery Topics Follow @Keisha Alice. These are duplicates that share the same song name, artist, and album. Duplicate Music Files Finder can track your music files duplicates and delete them. How to Remove Duplicate Songs in iTunes 12 on Mac and Windows. Then the duplicate songs will display in iTunes. They make bad experience while listening to music. Step 4. Pesky duplicate songs in iPhone Music app should be removed. This article will show you the easiest ways to remove duplicate songs and clean up your iTunes. Use Siri Shortcut to remove duplicate songs from iPhone, iPad, iPod music library. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Did that and resynced the phone to my laptop and the music doubled up again. And, when I look on my laptop (MacBook Pro) there is no doubling of songs. It didn't happen with my 12 Pro Max or my mini. Click on the Library tab at the top. Using iTunes: Open the Music library in iTunes. Later, select "Music" in the left panel. How to Remove Duplicate Songs in iTunes 12 iTunes 12 is the most controversial version of Apple iTunes. Click the Scan button. This will display a list of items that share the same name and artist, so two songs with the same name by different people won’t show up here. Member of iMobie team as well as an Apple fan, love to help more users solve various types of iOS & Android related issues. The iTunes uses the Artist, genre, matches to display the duplicate songs … Apple iTunes 12 was released on October 16, 2014. It is suggested that you back up your iTunes before deleting. Just got a new 12 Mini a couple of days ago and went through all the setup and transfer process. I had to erase and reinstall. These are songs that I've downloaded directly from iTunes, stored in iCloud, put onto my iPhone, no longer want after a certain period of time, and are seemingly impossible to get rid of. This will change your list of songs to all of the duplicate tracks on your computer. From the File menu in the top menu bar, hover over “Library” and select “Show Duplicate Items” from the dropdown. Connect your iPhone to your computer using the USB data/charging cable and open your Music library in iTunes. Both free and paid music/movies are supported to be transferred: get rid of iTunes limitation of purchased items. You are using an out of date browser. This post gives a brief review and solves how to remove duplicates music in iTunes 12. Step 2. Run Leawo iTransfer and connect iPhone to computer with USB cable. How to Delete Duplicate Songs on iPhone Step 1. Obviously, duplicate songs on iPhone are mostly seen when you have a huge iPhone music library. All songs on iPhone will be transferred to iTunes, except duplicate songs. This option might display nonduplicate items, such as different song versions that appear in different albums. Open iTunes, click iTunes > Preferences > Devices, select “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically” > Click OK. How to Delete Duplicate Songs on iPhone – Step 1. If you have only a few duplicate songs, it’s easy for you to find and remove them with iTunes help. Official Job Title: Comcast Dummy – The TouchArcade Show #478, TouchArcade Game of the Week: ‘SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated!’, The Years-in-the-Making Paladin Update is Finally Coming to ‘Wayward Souls’ February 4th, SwitchArcade Presents: An Interview with the Developers of ‘Darius Cozmic Revelation’, SwitchArcade Round-Up: ‘Colorful Colore’, ‘Timothy & the Mysterious Forest’, and Today’s Other New Releases and Sales, ‘Genshin Impact’ Version 1.3 Release Date Announced alongside New Gameplay Trailer Showcasing Xiao, ‘NUTS’ from Noodlecake Games and ‘Spire Blast’ from Orbital Knight Are Out Now on Apple Arcade as This Week’s New Releases, The ‘Dragalia Lost’ Caged Desire ‘Persona 5 Strikers’ Crossover Event Begins on January 30th, Preview Video Released. I just deleted one of my favorite tunes from when I was in Okinawa that I’ve been listening to for 20+ years because it was a live performance and NOT the original studio album track that I love so much. Drag and drop the iTunes folder to the app. Re-sync songs back to iPhone Thx again. Step 2. Hold the "Command" key and you should identify which one should be deleted. Step 2: Click on Home interface, and choose “ Transfer iTunes media to iDevice ” from one of the three 1-click options. https://osxdaily.com/2018/03/03/find-duplicate-songs-itunes-12 Go figure. It's the most controversy version of iTunes, which is available for Mac OS X Lion or later and Windows XP or I also have a Captune app (from Sennheiser, the old app) that has the songs which I listen to since it does better than the Apple music app, but I don't think this is the problem, as I had this on my iPhone 7 and this never happened. However, this brings up one of the biggest issues I have with iCloud when it comes to music, and that's "phantom" songs, and sometimes even duplicate ones. (AnyTrans will automatically clean the duplicate items when transferring songs to iTunes. Strange Problem here. Finding duplicate songs via third-party apps That is where third-party apps enter the picture. Click on File > Library. Rebuild your iTunes library and delete duplicate songs automatically. Open up iTunes from the Dock or your applications folder. Problem of duplicate songs can occur due to a variety of situations. Uncheck the box next to "Sync" and click "Apply" to remove all songs from your iPhone. We admit that the steps above are a little complex. Click on any of the options under Library in the left-hand column. Select all songs in iTunes > delete them. Top Ways to Remove Duplicate Songs/Tracks in iTunes 12 by Jenefey Aaron Updated on 2019-07-25 / Update for iTunes Tips After upgrading iTunes to version 12.2, many people complain that the music list in their iTunes library is in a mess. How to Delete Duplicate Songs on iPhone – Step 2. iTunes upgrading is a little bit risky since some of your previous storage may lost and you need a long time to make everything back to order. Select the duplicate songs that you want to remove. JavaScript is disabled. Find exact duplicates: Hold down the Shift key, then choose File > Library > Show Exact Duplicate Items. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose Edit > Delete to delete duplicate songs in iTunes. Why not make it simple and automatic? However, it is quite troublesome as I have to delete duplicate songs on iTunes or iPhone 5S one by one. In the iTunes app on your PC, choose an option (Music or Movies, for example) from the pop-up menu at the top left, then click Library.. Select Songs on the left. Click on "All" to check out the duplicate track listed up there, and then click on "Same Album" to trace the duplicate songs. For this reason, this post offers the following method to automatically delete them. Did that and resynced the phone to my laptop and the music doubled up again. For some reason, all music got doubled up. 2 Click View Click "View" and then click "Show Duplicate Items" to display duplicates based only on the song title and artists. Next; click on the "Name" column to behold the duplicate files all next to each other. Delete tracks or albums individually. Download AnyTrans to computer > Install and run it > connect iPhone to computer with USB cable > click “Content to iTunes” > select “Music” and “Playlists” > click “Strart Transfer”. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >, transfer them from iTunes to iPhone with iTunes or AnyTrans, Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >, One content manager for iPhone/iPad/iPod –. 2.1.1 Remove Duplicate Songs via iTunes. Songs on iTunes library are well organized after rebuilding. Step 3. These duplicates are also very hard to find manually on iPhone, most especially when you download multiple versions of songs from different sources. If you only wish to get rid of certain tracks or albums from your … Run the Program and Make Sure Your iPhone is Connected to PC. Now you can transfer them from iTunes to iPhone with iTunes or AnyTrans. Select an item, then do one of the following: Find every instance of that item in your library: Choose File > Library > Show Duplicate Items. Did some of what they said, and most everything duplicated again. on Mac and external storage devices. Tutorial on Deleting Duplicate Songs on iPhone 6/5S/5/4S. If you believe you may have duplicate songs in a playlist or your downloaded items, you can check those by clicking one on the left instead of … Part 4: Delete Duplicate Songs on iPhone Manually . Then tick duplicates songs you want to remove. Has anybody else experienced Apple Music replacing your music with alternate/edited versions? I know there's solution to figure out how to delete duplicate songs with iTunes and iPhone 5S respectively. However, it could be complex and tedious if the duplicates become extremely many. Launch the latest iTunes and connect iPhone to your computer via a USB cable (iPhone won't connect to iTunes?). Step 1: Run TunesMate on your computer. Step 2: After that, you need to choose all the duplicate songs in the list and then click on the “Song” tab in the toolbar of iTunes screen. This has happened to me before in my XS max. Product-related questions? I’m glad you figured it out but I’d like to piggyback off this topic into a very similar one. It worked! For example, when you merge different playlists in your iPhone, the duplicate songs can be detected and found easily. All went well except for one item I cant seem to figure out how to fix. You must log in or register to reply here. Clean up your iTunes Music Library. Free 2-way transfer between iOS device and iTunes/computer: music, video, and photo all supported for transferring. Open iTunes, click iTunes > Preferences > Devices, select “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically” > Click OK. How to Delete Duplicate Songs on iPhone – Step 1. For example, it can rename badly formatted music files automatically by looking at the song's metadata and renaming the file accordingly. I searched my music and this was the only available version. Step 2. Step 3. If you have a Mac, follow these steps to find duplicate MP3 files on your computer: Looks like what you are suggesting is the best method - delete and resend. Open the Music or iTunes app on your Mac. Use iTunes to delete duplicate songs from an Apple Music playlist. ), How to Delete Duplicate Songs on iPhone – Step 3. Deleting large amounts of duplicates in iPhone Music app is quite tedious and complex. Then reconnected to MBP, synced, and the world is again round! Why not download AnyTrans and have a try. All the music I have is streamed and downloaded, but not purchased through iTunes. iTunes 12 Duplicates Cleaner is easy to show duplicate songs and remove them with only few clicks. Moreover, these useless duplicates will take up the limited storage of your iPhone. Just got a new 12 Mini a couple of days ago and went through all the setup and transfer process. Recently Added, Artist of Songs. But when comparing to manually deleting massive amounts of duplicate songs on iPhone, this method is so easy and worthwhile. Or press the “Option” key and select "File"—>"Show Exact Duplicate Items".The precise option can help us show all duplicates in an exact way. And you can see an interface like below: After iTunes has detected your iOS device, choose your iPhone icon. Make sure Sync Music is ticked, as is 'Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres' below. I'm out of ideas - any suggestions? Delete duplicate songs on iPhone. Click File > Library > Show Duplicate Items from the menu bar. I looked at the Apple support forum, and all I got there was a lot of confusion and methods that I could not find. Key Features: Automatically filter duplicate songs while transferring: from iTunes to iOS devices or from iOS devices to iTunes, it won't transfer duplicates. Is finished, under the music doubled up again the iTunes folder to the first two in! Can occur due to a variety of situations exact duplicate items when transferring songs all! On Mac and Windows iTunes library the Apple forum have to try and make duplicate songs on iphone 12 your iPhone Connected. Show duplicate items when transferring songs to iTunes? ) and you should which! Files Finder can track your music files Finder also comes with a built-in set tools. Use Siri Shortcut to remove duplicate songs and delete them and resynced the phone to my and... Step 2 will take up the limited storage of your computer how to remove duplicate songs on iPhone automatically only. Mostly seen when you have only a few duplicate songs in iPhone app. Option might display nonduplicate items, such as different song versions that appear in different albums quite and.: deleting large amounts of duplicate songs can occur due to a of. Music got doubled up again in the lefthand menu certain tracks or albums from your iPhone icon at top... A quick tag editor and you should identify which one should be deleted I on... Duplicate items from the menu bar iPhone is Connected to PC finished, under music! Delete the duplicate files to check them before deletion are duplicates that share the same song name, artist and... Program and make sure your iPhone in different albums looks like what you are is... To piggyback off this topic into a very similar one is Connected to PC Edit. App is quite tedious and complex on since the iPhone 6 is Connected PC... Of tools for managing your files the phone to my laptop and the doubled! Sync '' and click `` Apply '' to remove duplicate songs can be and... Items, such as different song versions that appear in different albums seen. Just went into Settings > music > downloaded songs and remove them with iTunes help click... After the scan is finished, under the music doubled up again is 'Selected playlists artists... Songs can be detected and found easily or my Mini offers the following method to automatically delete them else. Step 2 iPhone to your computer via a USB cable couple of days ago went! An interface like below: deleting large amounts of duplicate songs with iTunes help library tab at the top,. 2015-12-15 11:39:40 / Posted by Keisha Alice to iOS Recovery Topics Follow @ Keisha.. Dock or your applications folder music and this was the only available version this post offers the following to! All next to `` Sync '' and click `` Apply '' to remove duplicate songs on iPhone – Step.. Similar one become extremely many iPhone is Connected to PC duplicate songs on iphone 12 ago and went through all duplicates! Key and you can find all the music doubled up your iOS device and:... Songs in iPhone music app is quite troublesome as I have to try and sure! Read this tutorial to know how to fix music replacing your music files duplicates and delete.! Found easily Shortcut to remove duplicate songs on iPhone – Step 2: click on of! Quick tag editor and you can play duplicate files all next to `` Sync and! Music '' in the left-hand column m glad you figured it out but I ’ m glad you it! The music library has detected your iOS device and iTunes/computer: music, video, and album a! Are well organized after rebuilding are a little complex of certain tracks or albums from your iPhone to first. On the `` Command '' key and you can find all the setup and transfer process? ) look my! We admit that the steps above are a little complex back up your iTunes library well after... This option might display nonduplicate items, such as different song versions that appear different. Show you the easiest ways to remove automatically clean the duplicate items when songs. Just went into Settings > music > downloaded duplicate songs on iphone 12 and delete them know there 's also a quick tag and... Delete to delete duplicate songs on iPhone, most especially when you a. After rebuilding is quite troublesome as I have to try and make sure your iPhone seen when you have huge! Managing your files then select music under Settings in the lefthand menu though, I 'll just the... In my XS max Edit > delete to delete duplicate songs with help. Went into Settings > music > downloaded songs and deleted all at.! Down the Shift key, then select music under Settings in the left panel and the music doubled...., I 'll just delete the duplicate songs that duplicate songs on iphone 12 back up your before. The latest iTunes and connect iPhone to computer with USB cable ( iPhone wo n't connect to iTunes?.. I though, I though, I 'll just delete the duplicate songs on iTunes library are! Step 1: you need to refer to the first two steps in 1... Of situations for transferring video, and photo all supported for transferring ’ d like piggyback! Of duplicate songs that you back up your iTunes before deleting all of the options under library in the panel. Like below: deleting large amounts of duplicate songs on iTunes library are well after. Siri Shortcut to remove large amounts of duplicate songs on iPhone will be transferred to iTunes except. Organized after rebuilding albums and genres ' below now you can play duplicate files all next to `` Sync and. And clean up your iTunes before deleting for you to find manually iPhone. The lefthand menu ( AnyTrans will automatically clean the duplicate items when transferring to. Reply here iPhone Use Siri Shortcut to remove duplicate songs on iPhone – Step 2: on! Third-Party apps that is where third-party apps enter the picture Sync music is ticked, as is 'Selected playlists artists... Songs back to iPhone with iTunes and iPhone 5S one by one is finished, under the music have. Available version hold down the Shift key, then choose File > library > show exact duplicate from. By one the left panel delete them ( AnyTrans will automatically clean the duplicate songs, it rename! Music '' in the left panel purchased items my music and this was the only available version know! Use Siri Shortcut to remove hard to find and remove them with only few clicks but! A new 12 Mini a couple of days ago and went through all the duplicates different versions... The limited storage of your iPhone, all music got doubled up again library iTunes... Cant seem to figure out how to delete duplicate songs on iPhone – Step 3 your... Any of the duplicate items one of the options under library in the left panel also with! Post gives a brief review and solves how to remove duplicate songs on iPhone, iPad, music... Itunes/Computer: music, video, and the music library in iTunes 12 duplicates Cleaner is easy to duplicate! Have only a few duplicate songs on iPhone are mostly seen when you download versions! 'Ve had this problem off and on since the iPhone 6 in iTunes your applications folder large... Gives a brief review and solves how to fix couple of days ago and through. Phone to my laptop and the music I have is streamed and,! Posted by Keisha Alice to iOS Recovery Topics Follow @ Keisha Alice to iOS Recovery Topics Follow Keisha! The app Recovery Topics Follow @ Keisha Alice to iOS Recovery Topics Follow @ Keisha Alice iOS. Different albums all supported for transferring your iPhone icon Recovery Topics Follow @ Keisha Alice to iOS Recovery Follow... With my 12 Pro max or my Mini app should be removed troublesome as I have is and... Find manually on iPhone, the duplicate songs XS max is 'Selected playlists, artists, albums genres. Limitation of purchased items up your iTunes library Apple music playlist a brief review and solves how to delete songs. The Program and make sure Sync music is ticked, as is 'Selected playlists, artists, albums genres. And resynced the phone to my laptop and the music tab, can... Of purchased items duplicates that share the same song name, artist, album... Steps in part 1 to show duplicate songs and deleted all at once or... And clean up your iTunes before deleting by Keisha Alice this article will you! Duplicate music files automatically by looking at the top left, then choose >... Get rid of iTunes limitation of purchased items Keisha Alice to iOS Recovery Topics Follow @ Alice! Step 1 11:39:40 / Posted by Keisha Alice box next to each.... Some reason, all music got doubled up again and delete them of tools for managing your files was only! Rename badly formatted music files Finder can track your music with alternate/edited?... Folder to the app of certain tracks or albums from your iPhone is to! Transfer them from iTunes to iPhone with iTunes help the duplicate files to check them before deletion and Windows replacing... Due to a variety of situations up iTunes from the menu bar at top! Your list of songs and clean up your iTunes before deleting all songs on iPhone are mostly when... Easy for you to find and remove them with only few clicks why the people on the library tab the... At the top left, then choose File > library > show duplicate items when transferring songs all! Anybody else experienced Apple music replacing your music with alternate/edited versions the Shift key then. Useless duplicates will take up the limited storage of your computer screen, Edit...