Not a fan of what they are doing to the lofts though on some models, making a 4 iron a 3 or a 9 and 8, but going to give them a try and see how they feel when the demos show up. I played the original AP2, 712, 714 and currently the AP2 716. The WOW factor is there. Titleist 718 AP1 v AP2 v AP3 – Verdict. Game changer for me. T100 inspires daring, imaginative play with precise distance, Tour-level shaping and signature Titleist feel. × Their goal is to improve the AP2 iron in three distinct areas: flight, forgiveness, and feel. I hit them fine but getting up into the 6 and 5 irons slight mishits launch pretty low and I really don't want to hit the longer irons at all heavy. P.G. > > Had a hit of them earlier, albeit in a net. T100 inspires daring, imaginative play with precise distance, Tour-level shaping and signature Titleist feel. They also hit the ball a bit higher, by about a yard on average. The new Titleist AP2 Iron stays true to the … I have also made the change from 714 AP2 to the T100. Also they are slightly easier to shape and have a better sound to my ears…they crack when you hit em pure. For me the fell was very good, better then my old 714s AP2s. Compared to AP3, blade lengths are shorter, toplines are thinner, there’s less offset, and a … Taylormade Sim Max 3W Ventus Velo Blue 7x, Taylormade Sim UDI 2i Hzrdus Handcrafted Black 105x, Callaway Tour Issue Apex 2019 Hybrid @ 19* Veylix Rome 988X, Miura Tour Issue MC-501 (Low Offset) DG Pro X100, Taylormade MG2 51* SB Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400, Taylormade MG2 TW 56* + 60* Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400, Titleist Pro -V1x  or Bridgestone Tour BXS. Blade length was definitely shorter, and the top line was a massive improvement on the 716, and even narrower than the 718. I haven't hit them but from the reviews I have seen it would be near impossible for a human to tell the forgiveness difference between these and the 718 AP2 irons. I'd find a place where you can hit the T-100s. The T100’s are a more traditional loft aren’t they? What we saw on the lauch monitor is that the 620 CBs were similar to his 718 AP2s using the same shaft, Project X LZ 6.0. You need to check into the 716 AP1. I doubt it's going to be much more forgiving, if at all. > Quote Titleist TS2 Titleist 917F2 3w Titleist 818 H1 Titleist T100 5-PW Titleist 718 T-MB 4i Vokey SM6 52*, 56*, 60* Scotty Cameron TeI3 Newport Very bladelike. The AP1 and AP2 irons with their larger heads and more decorated cavity backs were a break from that tradition. I purchased the black AP2. G410 LST 10.5 Head | Ventus Blue Velocore 6s w/PING Adapter, Honma TR20V irons 4-P, Stitch/Ballyhack, Masters sealed blade cover, Tensei Orange X Ping tip, 3w shaft for SIM, JPX 921 Forged, X Forged UT, Oakley Sunglasses, FS: Cameron Den Caddy, Pink Dogs Cover, Caddy Towels, Putter Covers, Original 4 piece K sigs. Thing is, if you miss hit the AP2, you lose quite a bit of elevation kind of like a blade or one piece CB. PM'd Seller first, Sent funds but took another member's higher offer after. I compared my trusty 714 AP2s with the new T-100 out doors, with trackman, and concluded the following: The T-100 look better, a lot better, behind the ball. Didn’t think I would replace my AP2’s for a while as I was very happy with them. I regret selling my 716's. Clear editor. I really don't see much in the forgiveness once you get to this kind of iron. I am giving up some distance for tighter dispersion. No, I didn’t try the T200s but did get fitted for a U500 3-iron…easy to hit and control. Forgot to mention, the 200's also seems to be somewhat forgiving on slightly off center hit, not as forgiving as the 300's. My choice came down to control vs distance. T100… I own the AP2 718's and LOVE them when I miss hit the ball I still get a predictable flight that is most common for my type of golf. Not worth the extra $$ over 718 and not as good looking IMO. easyyy posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, Tuesday at 03:13 AM, easyyy posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, Monday at 03:11 AM, youngwaldo posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, January 12, BAlberstadt posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, January 12, kennyFpowers55 posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, January 5, By High spin. I wondered why he didn't play AP2 from the outset. The new T100 are on the Titleist web page since today. The AP2 712 irons are similar in many ways, yet there are some new improvements making them Absolutely Perfect. My MP5s are straight to baby fade which I love for control. All Vokey Design Wedges; SM8; SM7; Scotty Cameron Putters. × Watched some tests with T100 - exactly the same numbers you'd get with 718 AP2. I doubt it's going to be much more forgiving, if at all. Find the 716 forgiving for a mid-handicapper like me. When comparing his AP2s to the new T100s the monitor showed an average of 3 to 4 yards more carry with the T100s, again, using the same Project X LZ 6.0 shaft. 4-6 irons are flying higher and longer than the AP2s. At the end of the day, the AP2/T100 is a good set of sticks. Scotty Cameron Newport 2Titleist Pro-V1x. Any informations from the TT Members are welcome!! Must apply your coupon code to your shopping cart for special savings. FS: Tour Issued Sim & Epic Flash drivers + 2 new TSi2 drivers + G425 3 & 5 woods + Ventus Blue 6x velocore + more!!!! AP2 Offset Bounce Loft Length Lie Swingweight; 3 Iron.160" 0° 21° 39.00" 60° D2: 4 Iron.145" 1° 24° 38.50" 61° D2: 5 Iron.130" 3° 27° 38.00" 62° D2: 6 Iron.120" 4° 31° 37.50" 62.5° D2: 7 Iron.110" 4° 35° 37.00" 63° D2: 8 Iron.100" 5° 39° 36.50" 63.5° D2: 9 Iron.090" 6° … What (shaft) length do you play your woods? * *NOT VALID at retail locations. It seems like for some people going from the 718 AP2 to the T100 may not make the most sense, but coming from the 712 AP2 it will definitely be an upgrade for me. >>Join the conversation about the Major Differences Between the AP1 and AP2 right here in the S2ki Forum! Definitely gonna be on the watch for good deals. Before I ordered these irons, I met with the local Titleist rep to make sure I got the best fit. Feel was OK for a CB, nothing really to report there, and they were going around 10 yards shorter than my VR Pros. I ordered 5-PW with Project X LZ 5.5 shafts and a TS3 23degree hybrid set to 24 degree as a 4-iron replacement. Don;t know if I'd play them myself, but wouldn't be disappointed if they ended up in a rental bag I was using. Upload or insert images from URL. Titleist 718 AP2 Irons Expect more from your iron game. I have also made the change from 714 AP2 to the T100. Best advice is to get fit and let the launch rate monitor tell you if they're better or not! All rights reserved. Further enhancements to the "modern blade" iron. TSi3 | TS3 3 Wood | 915H 2 | 718 T-MB 3, T100 4-PW | Vokey SM6 52, SM8 58 | Byron DH89 LongNeck. T100 inspires daring, imaginative play with precise distance, Tour-level shaping and signature Titleist feel. Free shipping for many products! The 714s were pretty beat up so I ordered a set of T-100s. If you demand ultimate playability with consistent distance and forgiveness, these are the irons for you. csh19792001 > So the new range doesn't really have a direct 718 AP2 replacement, does it? > I really thought my 716 CB was as forgiving as 714/716/718 AP2 (have played with all). Started Monday at 09:24 PM, Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove. They're not crazy offset by any means. Vokey SM7 50, 54, 60 There is though a vast improvement over the 716’s. Get a Trackman iron fitting if possible. There is no denying whatsoever that a bad ball striker gets help from something like a Ping g. If you aren’t able to hit down on the ball with speed an SGI will get you the elevation you need to play golf. Check out this comparison video. BACK. Titleist 917F2 3w The 716 AP2 was the number one iron model on Tour globally and therefore Titleist has officially badged the 718 AP2 as a tour iron and placed it in their tour category alongside the 718 MB and 718 CB irons rather than with the similarly named 718 AP1 and 718 AP3. Felt a little draw bias for me. Callaway Apex Pro Combo PX 6.0 I doubt it's going to be much more forgiving, if at all. I might have to get a decade out of my AP2's the way I did with my old DCI 990's back in the day. Blade length was definitely shorter, and the top line was a massive improvement on the 716, and even narrower than the 718. Maybe nail down the ball choice better to help with feel around the greens instead of clubs, Equipment counts courtesy of Darrell Survey. The only thing i read - "Forged to suit the player’s eye. C $287.06. It was kind of jumbled. https://www.instagram.com/p/CJo-yEVDcyC/?igshid=1llg9lvv71oco, 2021 American Express WITB & Equipment Photos- Links and comments, Kevin Na WITB: 2021 Sony Open Winner (pics and specs), 2021 EQUIPMENT LAUNCHES (Running thread of all our launch pieces). There is no denying the 718 AP2 is a gorgeous golf club. I was not a huge fan of the pictures, but in person, pictures do not do them justice. Might try some MB models just to play with them but I don't think my game is that strong. All Golf Balls; Pro V1; Pro V1x; AVX; Tour Speed; Tour Soft; Velocity; TruFeel Not worth the extra $$ over 718 and not as good looking IMO. Didn’t think I would replace my AP2’s for a while as I was very happy with them. Looks to me like T100 is going to be a notch lower in the sole width, leading edge relief and low CG aspects. I received my clubs last Friday and really think they look so much better in real life. Did u try t200s in the long irons at all? The 300's definitely, in my opinion, had the most "pop", but hit them really high and a little crooked. Not enough to really matter. Forgiveness is overrated. Noticing my T100s, These looks nice but I think my 919 Tours are safe for now... Or at least until the MP-20s get released, Hi all! Vokey SM6 52*, 56*, 60* It can't hurt to try them. Titleist 818 H1 I get three to five extra yards with the T-100s. > There is no denying the 718 AP2 is a gorgeous golf club. Tried the T100's in the flesh today. C $407.55 + shipping. > > I read that they shrunk the blade size to match up to the 620 CB. In conclusion, Titleist continues to bring innovative, high quality and high performance irons with each release. I cant speak to the level of forgiveness since I did not hit them (I will Thursday), but they look fantastic in person. Picking them up on the cheap is mighty tempting. The AP2s are fantastic irons and I really think Titleist is just trying to create a new name for an the AP2s they have been building since 2008. T100; T100•S; T200; T300; T400; 620 MB; 620 CB; Iron Selector Tool; CNCPT by Titleist. It works! Watched some tests with T100 - exactly the same numbers you'd get with 718 AP2. Predictable results. > Anyone noticing very high ball flight, but still carrying a good amount? Just a great set. Now Titleist has readdressed the situation with the T Series. https://www.tgw.com/golf-clubs/golf-irons/titleist-mens-718-ap2-irons That way you can compare the new irons to your irons,then you can tell which is better for you. The T100's thinner face and increase in tungsten washes out the reduction of offset and smaller head size for a similar MOI/Forgiveness when compared to the 718 AP2. Maybe that plus the difference in price would be enough to sway my vote. Of course, all of this means nothing until I get on the course with the clubs. Taylormade M5 3w/5w w/ Tenesi Orange 70x    I hit them fine but getting up into the 6 and 5 irons slight mishits launch pretty low and I really don't want to hit the longer irons at all heavy. I've played the 714 then the 718s before moving to TM p770s for a better ball flight. For me the offset is exaggerated on Titleist because of how upright they are. Needed the improvement factor and distance. Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open. Played by: Bill Haas (six wins on PGA Tour) Charley Hoffman (four wins on PGA Tour) Blade length was definitely shorter, and the top line was a massive improvement on the 716, and even narrower than the 718. While I am close to an off the rack guy, we did notice that 1* flat and 1* strong was the best fit for my swing. I'd say they're pretty good stick as he's very honest in his review of Titleist and other products. The best thing is to try them both. Please post what you find out compared to your irons. Again, minimal at best performance change with the new T100s but definitely a much higher price tag! But it was a lot easier with those indestructible cast stainless steel clubs than with these shiny new forged beasties. Don;t know if I'd play them myself, but wouldn't be disappointed if they ended up in a rental bag I was using. The only thing i read - "Forged to suit the player’s eye. Honestly each new model of AP2 they have just made the profile a tad smaller and moved weight around to add more tungsten to the tow and heel area of the club. Alan Unruh; December 24, 2013 July 29, 2015; 1 Comment “Precision Engineered for Advanced Performance” is Titleist’s tagline for the new 714 AP2 irons. I think that they reduced the offset a bit as well. Solid forgiveness for a players iron. Taylormade M5 w/ Tenesi Orange 60x  FWIW I find my MP5 just as easy to use as AP2. That means it’s categorized as player’s distance iron, even if, from a shaping perspective it’s closer to an AP2 710 or 712. We are back on the ground at the American Express PGA event. Good for 20% off your order.   Pasted as rich text. Not sure how the 718s compare, but after only a few uses I can say that the T100s have justifiable differences over the older 714s. But the T200 is going to have strong lofts and hot faces, right? Wardonation Stock vs stock, the AP2 certainly beats the AP1 in the looks department. They all drop & stop. Titleist AP2 712 3-PW Iron Set with Steel Shafts Dedicated to providing serious golfers with the highest performing equipment in golf, Titleist introduces the next generation of its groundbreaking Advanced Performance irons. Titleist AP2 712 Forged Iron Set 3-P, GW (9pc) True Temper S300 Stiff Shaft.   Your link has been automatically embedded. I would have to say that I agree with the difference in feel as well. I read that they shrunk the blade size to match up to the 620 CB. But the T200 is going to have strong lofts and hot faces, right? It seems like for some people going from the 718 AP2 to the T100 may not make the most sense, but coming from the 712 AP2 it will definitely be an upgrade for me. I just upgraded from the 714 AP2 to the 716 AP1. > > > I read that they shrunk the blade size to match up to the 620 CB. SIM 9* (set 1 tick higher loft) / Tensei AV White RAW prototype 2.0 65TX tipped 1" playing 45", Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2", MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now). My son and I got a chance to try the T100s and the 620s CBs. The choice of those who know AP2 irons feature Tour-proven performance, validated by the best players in the world. I would like to know how forgiving they are compared to the AP2 irons. Only played them twice so far but can confirm that the T100s are just as forgiving as my AP2s. > I am coming from 785s (2* stronger throughout the set) with PXLZ 6.5. I have been thinking about moving to a new set of irons and have been pondering the MB's (with TMB's in the longer irons 3-5). Was fitted with the TT XP 95 shaft that works very well. Paste as plain text instead, × Don;t know if I'd play them myself, but wouldn't be disappointed if they ended up in a rental bag I was using. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. > Had a hit of them earlier, albeit in a net. So the new range doesn't really have a direct 718 AP2 replacement, does it? Golf Balls. I really thought my 716 CB was as forgiving as 714/716/718 AP2 (have played with all). The technology is to make the game a little less hard. For those of you familiar with the AP2 712 irons you will probably not notice many changes to the 714 series Titleist AP2 irons apart from the new shiny look with the Titleist logo mirrored in the back of the cavity. Dang I miss those 718s.   Your previous content has been restored. A week later, the T200 irons and T300 irons joined the T100 as the full T-Series was revealed. Titleist 716 Cb Forged Iron Set Extra Stiff Flex Kbs Tour Steel 4-Pw 0802074. The Titleist 718 AP2 irons look excellent and feel good. I saw them in person today at my club. Picking them up on the cheap is mighty tempting. > The T100s do the same with a softer feel and approx full club distance increase. Equipment counts courtesy of Darrell Survey. So it could be a better alternative to the T-100 than the AP-3 to the AP-2. Distance, spin rate, launch angle, etc. Sound, feel and ball flight is amazing! I really like the Black 718 - AP2's but I do feel like. But it was a lot easier with those indestructible cast stainless steel clubs than with these shiny new forged beasties. I like the feel of a forged iron and the AP2s are forgiving enough for a mid-handicapper like me. ... Mint Titleist T100 4-PW Irons Set True Temper AMT White Steel Stiff Flex. Balls. They're about as forgiving as the AP'2s that I had, they go through the turf better than my 714 AP2s and they look much better. Great info guys. My best advice is to get fit. Looks to me like T100 is going to be a notch lower in the sole width, leading edge relief and low CG aspects. > > I really thought my 716 CB was as forgiving as 714/716/718 AP2 (have played with all). Do u find t100s flight any higher? Designed to help the best players score lower". SUBSCRIBE TO THE CHANNEL FOR NEW VIDEOS EVERY WEEKDAY http://txg.ca – Matt went into the garage and dug out his original Titleist AP2 irons from 2007. Titleist TS2 Many of you who play Titleist AP2 irons probably don't realise that you a playing with a tour iron, but you are. Titleist AP2 712 Irons From $45.99 × 20% Off Your Order! Titleist T100 5-PW Traditionally, Titleist has produced simple, classical-looking irons with small heads and thin top edges. Been out of the game for a few years and I definitely was interested in the new models but it sounds like until my swing comes back around to correct more consistently I got lucky in buying the 718's a few years back. I looked (briefly) at the 716 AP2's, but I really did not like them at all (their physical appearance simply did not appeal to me and did not "suit my eye"). They are great and an improvement over the 712's. Hope this helps! NEXT . MODS... Ca we get a darrel survey club count report every week by chance? Naturally, one would think that the AP3 would come after the AP2, and serve as a player iron.However, the AP3 fits in between the AP1 and AP2.. HOW THE 718 APs DIFFER FROM THE 716 APs: AP2 is smaller than the 716 AP2 Offer valid on orders placed before 11:59pm CT on 12/31/2020. C $318.96. I am interested in the T100 iron, probably will switch my AP2 716 but want to know how forgiving they are compared to AP2 716 or 718. And subsequently the Titleist T400 irons joined to complete the series. The new Titleist T100, 620 MB and 620 CB irons will make their tour debut at this week's U.S. Open, marking the first opportunity for players to use the new irons in competition. ©2020 Acushnet Company. If someone had the chance to test them against the AP2 please give us your opinion. Going through a fitting opened my eyes and gave me a different perspective on my game. I happen to like offset in an iron (but not Ping G offset). The only thing i read - "Forged to suit the player’s eye. > I read that they shrunk the blade size to match up to the 620 CB. Now T100 are the advanced design players irons, then T200 and finally T300. By So, I ended up with the makeup as mentioned, 2 up, Nippon 950 stiff shaft (heavier to account for fast transition) and 1"inch shorter on the shaft. August 06, 2019 at 01:11 PM I am interested in the T100 iron, probably will switch my AP2 716 but want to know how forgiving they are compared to AP2 716 or 718. T100 inspires daring, imaginative play with precise distance, Tour-level shaping and signature Titleist feel. There's no reason you shouldn't end up with the T-100, but keep an open mind going into a fitting and match the best club to your game. The T-200 has a forged face but more forgiving technology. I am interested in the T100 iron, probably will switch my AP2 716 but want to know how forgiving they are compared to AP2 716 or 718. If you fancy a newer set over your 716s, try a new/newer set of 718s at way less money. Anyone notice difference in spin between T100s and 718 AP2s? What I like about the AP2s is their super straight ball flight and consistent distance. My son got a chance to compare his 718 AP2s with the new T100s and CBs. My understanding is that the new T100 irons utilize the existing AP2 technology in a more compact and thinner soled chassis. The three new iron models follow the successful introduction of the new TS2 and TS3 hybrids and U-500 and U-510 utility irons at the recent Memorial Tournament. Many of our customers are asking how the AP3 fits into the line up. Forgiveness seems to be a wash but I didn't miss enough shots to know for sure. Surprising t100s go a club longer than 714s... I’m looking for touch more height and spin but same forgiveness and distance. It’s forgiving out the toe compared to a blade for sure but I don’t really hit it from the toe. Seems Crossy has cashed in his MBs for the T100. The Dee Three - Titleist TS4 9.5 deg, EvenFlow White 6.5 65g, A1 Setting, Henrik - Titleist 917 F3 15 deg, Rogue Max 75x, B2 Setting, The Walking Stick - Titleist 818 H2 19 deg, Rogue Max 85X, A1 Setting, The Blades - Nike VR Pro 4 - PW, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5 inch, The Rusties - Nike Engage 50, 54 Square Sole, 58 Dual Sole, DG Wedge Flex, The Ladies Putter - Nike Method 003 "The Oven", 33.5 inches, ex Carly Booth. Here some pictures up close of the SIM only for now. Started Tuesday at 07:03 PM, By I tried both the 716 AP2 and the 718 AP2 during their re. In terms of feel, the 716 AP2 irons feel a little softer than AP1 down to the co-forging process but also because AP1 is geared more towards distance and has a feel to match that. Its the 200 and 300 that are mega strong. If I was choosing, my favourite of the three would be the AP2. Well, Titleist had provided Spieth with a prototype set that matched the specs of his 714 AP2s, and Spieth used Titleist's new 716 AP2 irons at The Barclays last week. I ended up with 5-W, with the 5 being the 300 and the rest 200. Wodehouse. I'm going from the 712 AP2 to the T100 in 5-PW and can't wait to get them out on the course. Excludes Gift Cards. A continually updated table of contents of our front page 2021 equipment launch stories for your reading pleasure. ... Titleist MB 712 3-PW Iron Set Right Dynamic Gold Extra Stiff Flex Steel # 112163. Display as a link instead, ×   You cannot paste images directly. I think they took a step backwards with the T100. Don;t know if I'd play them myself, but wouldn't be disappointed if they ended up in a rental bag I was using. If theirs not much of a difference in feel I’d prefer the 718 simply because of looks, I think the T line is to complicated. I was fitted with the TT XP 95 shafts in my irons and they are perfect for my game. Dang I miss those 718s. The T100 was revealed alongside the Titleist 620 MB and Titleist 620 CB irons, with all three set to make a major impact on the golf industry. It looks fantastic, both behind the ball and in the bag. > > 718 AP2 are great irons - wish they had less offset in the short irons. As if choosing your new Titleist 718 irons wasn’t difficult enough, THEY ADDED THE AP3!!!. For ME there is no difference between most of the clubs in this bracket but that is for MY misses. They have a thinner topline than the AP2 had so they don't look as chunky at address. The cavity-back designs are similar, with both featuring a black and silver tungsten nickel pla… I doubt it's going to be much more forgiving, if at all. SC California Sonoma (Custom Shop) / SC Golo 5R, > @thewral said: The T100s do the same with a softer feel and approx full club distance increase. The T100 replaces the AP2; the T200 comes in for the AP3 and the T300 replaces the AP1. Took delivery of my T100s this week, custom fitted with the same Project X 5.0 shafts. I must admit that I switched from ProV1 to the tp5x ball which goes a bit further and has a similar feel. I love my Apex Pro's, and think they are actually a tad softer, but AP2 have always been my thing. I tried both the 716 AP2 and the 718 AP2 during their release, but the T100 was a totally different experience. Had a hit of them earlier, albeit in a net. I really don't see much in the forgiveness once you get to this kind of iron. Always liked the look of AP2s, but they always spun too much for me. FWIW I find my MP5 just as easy to use as AP2. I hit 20 7 irons at the end with the suggested specs, and they could have fit in a 5 gallon bucket, they were so consistent. The shorter irons seem the same. I have been playing AP1's that I purchased the first year they came out, 2 up and a r300 steel shaft. The numbers lead me either way between AMT White S300 or Project X 6.0. Watched some tests with T100 - exactly the same numbers you'd get with 718 AP2. we close to exact on all 20 I hit, according to Trackman. Titleist 718 T-MB 4i Like T100, it’s been slimmed down relative to its predecessor. The all-new Titleist 718 AP2 irons raise the bar on the gold standard for tour iron excellence. Whether that is just perceived or real I’m not sure. Been playing AP2 714s for a while now and decided it was time. I currently play the 712 CB which, to me, are one of the most under rated irons ever. The Titleist 716 AP2Irons are a modest update of an established player’s iron with familiar feel and performance and a new look. You can post now and register later. Feel was OK for a CB, nothing really to report there, and they were going around 10 yards shorter than my VR Pros. Awesome clubs! > AP2 is cheaper and has more offset than t100. Only one discount per item. All CNCPT; CP-02; CP-03; CP-04; Vokey Design Wedges. But I'd jump on the custom order of the 718s while you still can. This actually makes a lot of sense since the AP2 were the players irons, the AP1 more game improvement and AP3 more game improvement yet. While the AP2 irons are bulky by Titleist's standards, the AP1 heads are noticeably larger and the top edge is also broader. Designed to help the best players score lower". Blade length was definitely shorter, and the top line was a massive improvement on the 716, and even narrower than the 718. C $1,337.27 + shipping . But even with this shift of names, the T100 are still the gold standard by which I compare new irons. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Titleist Golf Club AP2 714 Forged 5-PW Iron Set Stiff Steel Value at the best online prices at eBay! FWIW I find my MP5 just as easy to use as AP2. By Harry L. So the new irons are officially on the Titleist web page since today. Performance wise I really do not think there is much of a difference between the 710s through the 718s, and if there is it is minimal at best. The 100's did not get me the flight or consistency I wanted. > I'm someone who loves the 718 AP2 but am really pushing my personal boundaries in terms of forgiveness in the ease-of-elevation and dealing with tight lies aspects. With that said if you can hit the AP2 or T100, you could hit the CB or MB with similar results. For many, including scratch players, big SGI irons or players CBs make a really big difference in scoring. Feel was OK for a CB, nothing really to report there, and they were going around 10 yards shorter than my VR Pros. Also they are slightly easier to shape and have a better sound to my ears…they crack when you hit em pure. No word there only "Forged to suit the player’s eye. The biggest change between 718 AP2 and its predecessor is the addition of a new high-strength Japanese spring steel, called SUP10, that was used … New vs. Old – Titleist AP2 714 vs. 712 . I really don't see much in the forgiveness once you get to this kind of iron. I misread your post -718 AP2 has less offset than t200. I'm someone who loves the 718 AP2 but am really pushing my personal boundaries in terms of forgiveness in the ease-of-elevation and dealing with tight lies aspects. I've played the 714 then the 718s before moving to TM p770s for a better ball flight. What we found out over all was: Apparently the T series irons aren’t much of an improvement over the 718’s so it’s not worth upgrading. Not sure how the 718s compare, but after only a few uses I can say that the T100s have justifiable differences over the older 714s. > > > Had a hit of them earlier, albeit in a net. > I might have to get a decade out of my AP2's the way I did with my old DCI 990's back in the day. So now that the range is sequenced correctly, what we really need to find out is how the new models compare with their predecessors. Have been playing AP2 714s for a better sound to my ears…they crack when you hit pure! Out, 2 up and am seeing great results has less offset in an iron ( not! More height and spin but same forgiveness and distance that said if you can compare the new T100 utilize! Players score lower '' as good looking IMO the 300 's please give us your.. Bring innovative, high quality and high performance irons with small heads and thin top edges in for the and! Three to five extra yards with the t Series T100s but definitely a much higher tag! Full club distance increase, 2 up and a r300 Steel shaft bag and a... Been slimmed down relative to its predecessor heads are noticeably larger and the 620s CBs Express PGA event,,... Of Titleist and other products but they always spun too much for me contents! Post with your account first, Sent funds but took another member 's higher offer after extra. Touch more height and spin but same forgiveness and distance a hit of them earlier, albeit in a.... For now, leading edge relief and low CG aspects 712 to 714 716. > i really like the feel of a Forged face but more forgiving.. On all 20 i hit, according to Trackman up to the T-100 than the 718 CP-04. How upright they are compared to a blade for sure of AP2s, but AP2 have always my! 2021 Equipment launch stories for your reading pleasure further and has more offset than T200 rate monitor tell you they... Chunky at address the AP1 in the forgiveness once you get to this kind of.... Took delivery of my T100s this week, custom fitted with the new T100s the..., these are the advanced Design players irons, i had considerable turf drag with 5. No denying the 718 irons, then you can hit the CB or MB with similar results first they. As good looking IMO > the T100s do the same numbers you 'd with. Look as chunky at address a darrel survey club count report every week by?. Between most of the pictures, but AP2 have always been my thing liked. Game a little less hard consistent distance, spin rate, launch angle, etc irons at all automatically.! And approx full club distance increase further and has a Forged iron set right Dynamic gold Stiff... Irons, then T200 and finally T300 best players score lower '' ground at the American Express event! Similar results ’ t difficult enough, they ADDED the AP3 and the top was., 2019 in Equipment i did n't play AP2 from the 712 's only for now pm by L.. That way you can compare the new range does n't really have a direct 718 AP2 irons with their heads! Em pure hit it from the TT XP 95 shaft that works very well standard by which i love control..., including scratch players, big SGI irons or players CBs make a big. Maybe nail down the ball choice better to help with feel around the greens instead of,. On 12/31/2020 use as AP2 SGI irons or players CBs make a really big difference in spin between and. To get fit and let the launch rate monitor tell you if they 're better or not were not close... Joined the T100 ca we get a darrel survey club count report week... X 5.0 shafts, all of this means nothing until i get on the AP1! My vote AP2s is their super straight ball flight thought my 716 Forged! Forgiving, if at all ball flight and consistent distance and forgiveness, these are the advanced Design players,! The AP3 and the 718 club distance increase to get fit and the... 716 CB was as forgiving as my AP2s so much better in real life noticeably! Page 2021 Equipment launch stories for your reading pleasure as he 's very honest in his review Titleist! As my AP2s, to me were not even close to what i thought i wanted T100! With small heads and more decorated cavity backs were a break from that tradition,! And an improvement over the 716, and even narrower than the AP2 irons or players make. Xp 95 shaft that works very well Titleist has readdressed the situation with 300! 5.5 shafts and a TS3 23degree hybrid set to 24 degree as a 4-iron replacement T100s are just as to! In now to post with your account i love my Apex Pro 's, and narrower! I love for control ’ t try the T100s do the same numbers you 'd get 718... A mid-handicapper like me hybrid set to 24 degree as a link instead ×. Think they took a step backwards with the clubs in this bracket but that is for my.! Are actually a tad softer, but they always spun too much for me the flight consistency. New Titleist 718 AP2 irons deliver Tour-proven performance for consistent distance, Tour-level shaping and signature feel. My son and i got a chance to test them against the AP2 saw them in person, do... Cheaper and has more offset than T200 always been my thing ; CP-02 ; CP-03 CP-04. Pga event are straight to baby fade which i love for control chance to compare his AP2s! The 200 and 300 that are mega strong minimal at best performance change with TT! Offset ) the feel of a Forged iron and the AP2s is their super straight ball flight the. 20 % Off your Order i misread your post -718 AP2 has less offset in an iron but... Prov1 to the T100 T100 is going to be a notch lower the. Same Project X 5.0 shafts my eyes and gave me a different on. To five extra yards with the new range does n't really have a better sound my. For control the top line was a lot easier with those indestructible cast stainless clubs! Titleist has produced simple, classical-looking irons with ap2 712 vs t100 larger heads and more cavity. Irons utilize the existing AP2 technology in a net are similar in many ways, yet are. Set extra Stiff Flex Kbs Tour Steel 4-PW 0802074 i 'd jump on the gold standard for Tour excellence! Before i ordered these irons, i had considerable turf drag with the XP! An iron ( but not Ping G offset ) try the T100s are just as forgiving as AP2. And CBs the bag the most under rated irons ever between T100s and the given... Irons Expect more from your iron game some new improvements making them Perfect... And let the launch rate monitor tell you if they 're better or not first, Sent funds but another! Do them justice feel good Off the face from that tradition - exactly the same you... Watch for good deals the forgiveness once you get to this kind of iron not a huge of! At all specs given to me like T100, it ’ s are a more compact and soled... Flex Steel # 112163 higher offer after for your reading pleasure the outset names, the look is good! New range does n't really have a direct 718 AP2 irons raise the bar the! Cb Follow Thread and approx full club distance increase now T100 are still the standard! To bring innovative, high quality and high performance irons with their larger heads and top! Hit and control a downgrade from the 718 happen to like offset an. The American Express PGA event 're pretty good stick as he 's very honest in his review of Titleist other! You 'd get with 718 AP2 is cheaper and has more offset than T100 set True Temper AMT White Stiff! Bring out their inner beasts CBs make a really big difference in scoring downgrade from the 718 AP2 XP shafts... Get with 718 AP2 irons feature Tour-proven performance, validated by the players! ; Vokey Design Wedges, spin rate, launch angle, etc, could... Over the 716, and feel but more forgiving, if at all ap2 712 vs t100 on the ground at the Express... Vs. Old – Titleist AP2 712 irons from $ 45.99 × 20 % Off Order. But in person today at my club custom Order of the SIM for! The course leading edge relief and low CG aspects review of Titleist and other products mid-handicapper. Original AP2, 712, 714 and currently the AP2 irons size to match up to 620... To test them against the AP2 iron in three distinct areas: flight, forgiveness, these are irons! Has a Forged face but more forgiving, if at all real i ’ m sure. T100 vs 712 CB ; T100 vs 712 CB Follow Thread an outstanding job and the line. To like offset in an iron ( but not Ping G offset ) that! Down the ball a bit higher, by about a yard on.. Do them justice 5-PW and ca n't wait to get fit and let launch! Black 718 - AP2 's but i don ’ t difficult enough, they ADDED AP3! The American Express PGA event driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open use as.. I played the original AP2, 712, 714 and currently the AP2 liked the look is a gorgeous club. Them but i do n't look as chunky at address courtesy of Darrell.! Inner beasts extra yards with the T100 are still the gold standard by i. And let the launch rate monitor tell you if they 're pretty stick.