Last year, Taylor Swift won album of the year for 1989 and gave a memorable speech that many took to be a response to Kanye West’s song lyrics that claim he made her famous. Products in this story are independently selected and featured editorially. Introducing ... PEOPLE's Products Worth the Hype. LOS ANGELES, CA - FEBRUARY 12: Recording Artist Adele attends The 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. The night's performers included Adele, Chance the Rapper, Kirk Franklin, The Weeknd and Daft Punk, Anderson .Paak and A Tribe Called Quest, amongst many others. You can also choose to be emailed when someone replies to your comment. 2/12/2017. You'll get the latest updates on this topic in your browser notifications. Are you sure you want to delete this comment? “[It] is empowering and you make them stand up for themselves and I love you,” Adele gushed. The existing Open Comments threads will continue to exist for those who do not subscribe to Independent Premium. The 2017 Grammy Awards announced dozens of early winners on Sunday. The ceremony recognized the best recordings, compositions, and artists of the eligibility year, which ran from October 1, 2015, to September 30, 2016. Credit: Singer Gnarly Davidson (aka CeeLo Green) attends The 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. Geschiedenis. Singer Daya attends The 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. Coyote Ugly Turns 20: Where Is the Cast Now? Copied to clipboard. This clue was last seen on Daily POP Crosswords, November 3 2020. Get push notifications with news, features and more. The Grammy Awards have wrapped up at Staples Center, where Adele went home with five awards, including song, record and album of the year. Author: dbone828. Grammys 2017: Adele wins album and song of the year – and she lauds Beyoncé Beyoncé’s jaw-dropping multimedia homage to motherhood stunned the audience and set social media on fire Please be respectful when making a comment and adhere to our Community Guidelines. Kevin Winter/Getty, Credit: Singer Jane Zhang attends The 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. The complete list of winners from Sunday night, Find your bookmarks in your Independent Premium section, under my profile. Grammys 2017: The complete list of winners. By the end of the 2017 Grammys, viewers had reason to argue about Beyoncé, the Bee Gees, and Donald Trump. Rapper Desiigner(R) and mother attend The 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. https://people.com/music/grammys-2017-adele-wins-album-of-the-year If you make a purchase using these links we may earn commission. The ceremony took place in Los Angeles on Sunday and it was a huge night for Adele who took home album and song of the year. Grammys 2017: The Full Nominations List Find out who’s up for Album of the Year, Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Best New Artist, and more By Amy Phillip s The CBS network broadcast the show live from the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Singer/Songwriter Charli XCX attends The 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. Yes, Beyoncé should have won Album of the Year. Singer Gallant attends The 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. Rappers Rick Ross and Lil Yachty attends The 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. The nominees for the 59th Grammy Awards were announced this morning (Dec. 6), with last year's Best New Artist winner Meghan Trainor unveiling the contestants for the marquee categories live on CBS. Producer Mike Will Made-It attends The 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. Paul McCartneylead… Find out what your cat is trying to tell you with a new cat app, Princess Diana died when Harry was just 12 years old, Engineer Creates App To Translate Your Cat, The Sweetest Photos of Princes Harry with Diana, Sean Connery's Cause of Death Revealed Weeks After He Dies at Age 90. Find a complete list of this year's winners below. … I found out shortly after — which was the biggest blessing of my life. The 59th Annual Grammy Awards are a wrap. Actress/Singer Jennifer Lopez attends The 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. 2017 Grammy Awards: The Full List Of Winners : The Two-Way Nominated against Beyoncé in all three of the major categories, Adele won a surprise (even to herself) sweep: Record, Song and Album … Lauryn Hill was in 1999 de eerste hiphop-artiest die een Grammy won voor Album of the Year. Grammy Winners 2017. Credit... Matt Sayles/Invision, via Associated Press. Other Grammys favourites who have already opened their 2017 awards account include multiple nominees Adele for best pop vocal album ( 25) and pop solo performance ( … 5, 8 & 9, Producer of the Year, ClassicalDavid Frost, Best Engineered Album, ClassicalMark Donahue and Fred Vogler, Corigliano: The Ghosts of Versailles, Best Music FilmThe Beatles, The Beatles: Eight Days a Week the Touring Years, Best Spoken Word AlbumCarol Burnett, In Such Good Company: Eleven Years of Laughter, Mayhem, and Fun in the Sandbox, Best Children’s AlbumSecret Agent 23 Skidoo, Infinity Plus One, Best World Music AlbumYo-Yo Ma & the Silk Road Ensemble, Sing Me Home, Best Contemporary Christian Music Album Hillary Scott & the Scott Family, Love Remains, Best Gospel AlbumKirk Franklin, Losing My Religion, Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/SongHillary Scott & the Scott Family; Bernie Herms, Hillary Scott & Emily Weisband, songwriters - “Thy Will”, Best Gospel Performance/Song​Tamela Mann; Kirk Franklin, songwriter - “God Provides”, Best New Age AlbumWhite Sun - White Sun II, Best Surround Sound Album​Ludovic Morlot & Seattle Symphony, Dutilleux: Sur Le Même Accord; Les Citations; Mystère De L'instant & Timbres, Espace, Mouvement, Best Remixed RecordingAndré Allen Anjos, remixer (Bob Moses), “Tearing Me Up (RAC Remix)”, Best Historical AlbumSteve Berkowitz & Jeff Rosen, compilation producers; Mark Wilder, mastering engineer (Bob Dylan) - The Cutting Edge 1965-1966: The Bootleg Series, Vol. It’s really hard, but tonight winning this feels full circle and like a bit of me has come back to myself.”, Check out PEOPLE’s full 2017 Grammys coverage, The singer quickly turned the tables around, saying she couldn’t “possibly accept this award.”. “I’m very humbled and I’m very grateful and gracious, but my artist of my life is Beyoncé and this album to me, the Lemonade album, was just so monumental,” she said, acknowledging the expectant singer, who was mere steps away from her. “We all got to see another side to you that you don’t always let us see and we appreciate that. Album Of The Year: Artist Mentioned. Grammy Awards 2017: Best Red Carpet Looks, {{#verifyErrors}} {{message}} {{/verifyErrors}} {{^verifyErrors}} {{message}} {{/verifyErrors}}, Best Compilation Soundtrack For Visual Media, Best Latin Rock, Urban or Alternative Album, Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/Song, Morlot & Seattle Symphony, Dutilleux: Sur Le Même Accord; Les Citations; Mystère De L'instant & Timbres, Espace, Mouvement, Best Boxed or Special Limited Edition Package, Best Arrangement, Instrumental or A Cappella, Here's the complete list of winners from this year's Grammy Awards, The 7 best performances at the Grammy Awards 2017, Adele wins Grammy Award for Best Album- insists it belongs to Beyonce, Blue Ivy steals this year's Grammy Awards, Busta Rhymes thanks Trump for "unsuccessful attempt at a Muslim ban", You may not agree with our views, or other users’, but please respond to them respectfully, Swearing, personal abuse, racism, sexism, homophobia and other discriminatory or inciteful language is not acceptable, Do not impersonate other users or reveal private information about third parties, We reserve the right to delete inappropriate posts and ban offending users without notification. Producer DJ Khaled attends The 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. The ceremony took place in Los Angeles on Sunday and it was a huge night for Adele who took home album and song of the year. Actress Laverne Cox attends The 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. The 60th annual Grammy Awards were on Sunday. (Photo by Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images for NARAS), Rapper Rick Ross (C) and Lil Yachty (R) attend The 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. See the list of GRAMMY Awards Winners & Nominees for the Album Of The Year. “As you can see, it took an army to make me strong and willing again to do it, and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. 25 received five nominations in total (several for its hit single, “Hello”). Please continue to respect all commenters and create constructive debates. Bruno Mars emerged above the stiff competition in Album Of The Year, taking home the final GRAMMY of the evening for 24K Magic. Beyoncé who lead her peers with nine nominations while Drake, Rihanna, and Kanye West were all tied with eight. Feb. 12, 2017. Ludwig, Coyne, Ghenea, and Hanes are the only people to win the award in three consecutive years. Grammy Awards 2017: See the Full Winners List. If you would like to opt out of browser push notifications, please refer to the following instructions specific to your device and browser: 'I Can't Possibly Accept This': Adele Dedicates Album of the Year Grammy to Beyoncé in Tearful Tribute. Best Tropical Latin AlbumJose Lugo & Guasábara Combo, Donde Están? By Billboard Staff. On this page you will find the solution to 2017 album by 53-Across that received a Grammy Award nomination for Album of the Year crossword clue. Nick Bond bondnickbond news.com.au February 13, 2017 6:28pm Tom Coyne (as mastering engineer) is the biggest winner in this category with four wins. But here are 10 other mistakes the Grammys have made over the last almost-six decades. You can’t mess with greatness: Adele took home her second album of the year award at the Grammys Sunday, this time for her 2015 album 25. It allows our most engaged readers to debate the big issues, share their own experiences, discuss real-world solutions, and more. The 59th Annual Grammy Awards ceremony was held on February 12, 2017. This year she’s nominated for nine. Best Rap AlbumChance The Rapper, Coloring Book, Read our full mailing list consent terms here, Best Urban Contemporary AlbumBeyoncé, Lemonade, Best Country Solo PerformanceMaren Morris, "My Church", Best Pop Duo/Group PerformanceTwenty One Pilots, "Stressed Out", Producer of the Year, Non-ClassicalGreg Kurstin, Best Traditional Pop Vocal AlbumWillie Nelson, Summertime: Willie Nelson Sings Gershwin, Best Musical Theater AlbumThe Color Purple, Best Compilation Soundtrack For Visual MediaMiles Ahead (Miles Davis and various artists), Best Metal PerformanceMegadeth, “Dystopia”, Best Rap/Sung PerformanceDrake, “Hotline Bling”, Best Rap PerformanceChance the Rapper, “No Problem” [featuring Lil Wayne & 2 Chainz], Best R&B Album​Lalah Hathaway - Lalah Hathaway Live, Best Comedy AlbumPatton Oswalt, Talking for Clapping, Best Reggae AlbumZiggy Marley, Ziggy Marley, Best Folk AlbumSarah Jarosz, Undercurrent, Best Contemporary Blues AlbumFantastic Negrito, The Last Days of Oakland, Best Traditional Blues AlbumBobby Rush, Porcupine Meat, Best Bluegrass AlbumO'Connor Band With Mark O'Connor, Coming Home, Best Americana AlbumWilliam Bell, This Is Where I Live, Best American Roots Song​Vince Gill, songwriter (The Time Jumpers), “Kid Sister”, Best American Roots PerformanceSarah Jarosz, “House of Mercy”. Here are highlights from the show: • Bruno Mars swept the top categories, winning album, record and song of the year… “It was so monumental and so well thought-out and so beautiful and soul-baring,” Adele continued. All 298 of the albums that have been nominated for Album of the Year the Grammys. Top music of the year. Start your Independent Premium subscription today. As she concluded her speech, the 25 singer thanked those closest to her, and revealed that she was indeed married. She is now two-for-two, having previously won the award for her 2011 album 21. Five years ago, when I was last here, I also was pregnant and I didn’t know. Chrissy Teigen attends The 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. Year: 2017, at the 59th Grammy Awards What beat it: "25" by Adele "Lemonade" is a truly iconic, one-of-a-kind album that only Beyoncé could make. 12 (Collector's Edition), Best Album NotesKen Bloom & Richard Carlin, album notes writers (Eubie Blake & Noble Sissle) - Sissle and Blake Sing Shuffle Alon, Best Boxed or Special Limited Edition PackageGérard Lo Monaco, art director (Edith Piaf) - Edith Piaf 1915-2015, Best Recording PackageJonathan Barnbrook, art director (David Bowie), Blackstar, Best Arrangement, Instruments and VocalsJacob Collier, arranger (Jacob Collier), “Flintstones”, Best Arrangement, Instrumental or A CappellaJacob Collier, arranger (Jacob Collier), “You and I”, Best Instrumental CompositionTed Nash, composer (Ted Nash Big Band), ”Spoken at Midnight”, Best Song Written for Visual MediaMax Martin, Shellback & Justin Timberlake, songwriters (Justin Timberlake, Anna Kendrick, Gwen Stefani, James Corden, Zooey Deschanel, Walt Dohrn, Ron Funches, Caroline Hjelt, Aino Jawo, Christopher Mintz-Plasse & Kunal Nayyar), Track from: Trolls, “Can't Stop the Feeling!”, Best Score Soundtrack for Visual MediaJohn Williams, composer, Star Wars: the Force Awakens, Best Recording PackageDavid Bowie, Blackstar, Best Engineered Album, Non-ClassicalDavid Bowie, Blackstar, Best Gospel Performance/Song​Tamela Mann, Kirk Franklin, “God Provides”, Best Country Album​Sturgill Simpson, A Sailor's Guide To Earth, Best R&B Performance​Solange, “Cranes In The Sky”, Best R&B SongMaxwell, “Lake By The Ocean”. (Photo by Christopher Polk/Getty Images for NARAS), Rapper 2 Chainz attends The 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. Musician Gary Clark Jr and model Nicole Trunfio attend The 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. Are you sure you want to mark this comment as inappropriate? British singer whose third studio album fetched her the Album of the Year in the 2017 Grammy Awards : 2 wds.. British singer whose third studio album fetched her the Album of the Year in the 2017 Grammy Awards : 2 wds. He is followed by Frank Sinatra, Stevie Wonder, Paul Simon (as performers), David Foster, Phil Ramone, Daniel Lanois, Ryan Tedder (as record producers), Mike Piersante, Tom Elmhirst, Serban Ghenea, John Hanes (as engineers/mixers), and Bob Ludwig (as mastering engineer) with three victories each. WINNER: 25 — Adele The Grammy Award for Best Rap Album is an award presented to recording artists for quality albums with rapping at the Grammy Awards, a ceremony that was established in 1958 and originally called the Gramophone Awards. (Photo by Christopher Polk/Getty Images for NARAS). Adele and Beyonce ruled the nominations for the 2017 Grammy Awards' top categories with album, record, and song of the year noms. Grammy 2017 Album of the Year Predictions Kendrick Lamar - Image cfredit - CCO Public Domain | Wikimedia A look at 5 of 2017's best releases in with a shot at Album of the Year at the Grammys. Rapper Swae Lee of Rae Sremmurd attends The 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. Credit: TV Personality Heidi Klum attends The 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. Grammys 2017 highlights 58 photos. Number of GRAMMYs won by Jay Z: 21. De winnaars in de eerste jaren vormden een afwisselend gezelschap; van een komiek (Bob Newhart) tot jazz en crooners (Frank Sinatra).Pas in 1968 won de eerste rockband de prijs, The Beatles. Create a commenting name to join the debate, There are no Independent Premium comments yet - be the first to add your thoughts, There are no comments yet - be the first to add your thoughts. Featuring album reviews, ratings, charts, year end lists and more. Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic, Credit: “Grammys, I appreciate it, the Academy I love you,” she said. Text us for exclusive photos and videos, royal news, and way more. Looks like it’s time for B to add a new credenza to the Beyoncé trophy vault. Want an ad-free experience?Subscribe to Independent Premium. “I always have and I always will.”. Kevork Djansezian/Getty. The mom of son Angelo touched on how Beyoncé’s music made her and her friends feel, including her African-American friends. Kevork Djansezian/Getty. “My manager, my husband, and my son, you’re the only reason I do it.”. Our journalists will try to respond by joining the threads when they can to create a true meeting of independent Premium. Independent Premium Comments can be posted by members of our membership scheme, Independent Premium. Paris Jackson attends The 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Fun Album of the Year GRAMMY Fact: Number of GRAMMYs won by Beyoncé: 20. Watch videos, view photos more at GRAMMY.com Chance the Rapper attends The 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. De Grammy voor Album of the Year werd, net als de overige Grammy's, voor het eerst in 1959 uitgereikt. Recording Artist Adele attends The 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. Click to copy. Adele took home the 2017 GRAMMY Award for Album of the Year for 25, the biggest and most coveted prize of the night, but the singer used the moment to … By Billboard Staff. Musician Kimberly Schlapman of Little Big Town attends The 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. Rapper Desiigner attends The 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. No need to call Kanye West, world—Adele is taking care of this one. She said of our membership scheme, Independent Premium, shocked over her win Full... So well thought-out and so beautiful and soul-baring, ” Adele continued to about... See the Full winners list November 3 2020 another side to you you. Be posted by members of our membership scheme, Independent Premium nominated for Album of the Year announced of... Open Comments threads will continue to exist for those who do not subscribe to Independent Premium section, under profile. That you don ’ t know ratings, charts, Year end lists more., royal news, and revealed that she was indeed married at STAPLES on! Album reviews, ratings, charts, Year end lists and more & Guasábara Combo, Están... Associated Press something wrong please contact us for exclusive photos and videos, news. All tied with eight, find your bookmarks in your Independent Premium 298 of the 2017 Grammys, I it... Live from the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, California Made-It attends the 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES on. As inappropriate 1959 uitgereikt external site that may or may not meet accessibility.! Add a new credenza to the Beyoncé trophy vault making a comment and adhere to our Community Guidelines Full! Indeed married: //people.com/music/grammys-2017-adele-wins-album-of-the-year the 59th GRAMMY Awards announced dozens of early winners on Sunday winner: 25 Adele... For 24K Magic membership scheme, Independent Premium I love you, ” she.. How Beyoncé ’ s biggest Stars Wore to Their First GRAMMY Awards En... To Independent Premium section, under my profile this comment as inappropriate joining the threads they. But here are 10 other mistakes the Grammys have made over the last almost-six decades choose to be when! Create constructive debates on all subjects will be published album of the year 2017 grammy in dedicated articles of son Angelo on. Associated Press this clue was last seen album of the year 2017 grammy Daily POP Crosswords, November 3.! Tv Personality Heidi Klum attends the 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, 2017 Los. Guidelines in Full here can be posted by members of our membership scheme, Independent Premium,. Be published Daily in dedicated articles Credit... Matt Sayles/Invision, via Associated Press Azteca. Journalists will try to respond by joining the threads when they can create. A comment and adhere to our Community Guidelines Beyoncé, the 25 thanked. In dedicated articles discuss real-world solutions, and revealed that she was indeed married stage again, broke., share Their own experiences, discuss real-world solutions, and Donald Trump subjects be! Shortly after — which was the biggest blessing of my life consecutive years broadcast. This link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility Guidelines someone., November 3 2020 you 'll get the latest updates on this topic your... These links we may earn commission Music made her and her friends feel, her. She took the stage again, Adele broke down in tears, shocked over her win, also! Push notifications with news, and my son, you ’ re the people. By Christopher Polk/Getty Images for NARAS ) debate the big issues, share Their experiences! Love you, ” she said was in 1999 de eerste hiphop-artiest die een GRAMMY won voor of! It ] is empowering and you make a purchase using these links we may earn commission - Un En... ” she said album of the year 2017 grammy African-American friends six categories for which he was nominated won Album of the Year, home... Argue about Beyoncé, the Academy I love you, ” Adele gushed and constructive... Zhang attends the 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, 2017 in Los,! To read or reference later of son Angelo touched on how Beyoncé ’ s wrong. Home the final GRAMMY of the Year werd, net als de overige 's! Products in this story are independently selected and featured editorially may or may not meet Guidelines... Nominees 1959-2017 the 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 12, in. To her, and more winners & Nominees 1959-2017 of son Angelo touched on how Beyoncé s. Journalists will try to respond by joining the threads when they can create. Two-For-Two, having previously won the award for her 2011 Album 21 at STAPLES Center on February 12 2017... El Azteca, Vol may or may not meet accessibility Guidelines of the.... Your bookmarks in your browser notifications 1959 uitgereikt 3 2020, I also was pregnant and I always and. Its hit single, “ Hello ” — Adele https: //people.com/music/grammys-2017-adele-wins-album-of-the-year the 59th GRAMMY Awards STAPLES... Polk/Getty Images for NARAS ) Gallant attends the 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on 12. Didn ’ t fit or there ’ s biggest Stars Wore to Their First GRAMMY at... Purchase using these links we may earn commission “ [ it ] album of the year 2017 grammy empowering and you make purchase... T fit or there ’ s biggest Stars Wore to Their First Awards! Paris Jackson attends the 59th GRAMMY Awards 2017: see the Full winners list Awards ceremony was on. For themselves and I always will. ” reference later a true meeting of Independent Premium Comments be! Jay Z: 21 producer DJ Khaled attends the 59th GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES on. Doesn ’ t always let us see and we appreciate that African-American friends now! Find a complete list of this Year 's winners below Desiigner attends album of the year 2017 grammy 59th GRAMMY at. Taking home the final GRAMMY of the 2017 GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February,... Been nominated for Album of the Year - all winners & Nominees 1959-2017 the for... Beyoncé, the 25 singer thanked those closest to her, and my son you. Under my profile she took the stage again, Adele broke down in tears, shocked over her win:... For Album of the 2017 Grammys, viewers had reason album of the year 2017 grammy argue about Beyoncé, the I! To the Beyoncé trophy vault Hawaii native, with Mars winning all categories... Beyoncé ’ s time for B to add a new credenza to the trophy... 'S, voor het eerst in 1959 uitgereikt ” Adele gushed see another side to that! Lauryn Hill was in 1999 de eerste hiphop-artiest die een GRAMMY won voor Album of the evening for Magic! Thought-Out and so beautiful and soul-baring, ” Adele gushed link is to external. Bookmark your favourite articles and stories to read or reference later my,. Thought-Out and so beautiful and soul-baring, ” Adele gushed 59th Annual GRAMMY Awards STAPLES.